• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Markman or tasty steve. Or they did it together on a stream. I don't remember anymore, haha.
Pretty sure I've heard that as far back as when Aris was still running weekly Avoiding the Puddle podcast(not sure from who though), but even if Tasty Steve didn't come up with it, he's definitely the one who popularized.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
For those interested still in puzzle fighting with Crystal Crisis
Crystal Crisis is now $25 on Amazon and at Best Buy.

Plus its hitting PC on steam July 31st for $19.99 but if you pre order it'll only be $14.99

Never a better time to jump in on this absolute gem folks. Tell your friends and get ready to enjoy some vicious vs puzzle fighting. I'm likely gonna double dip on this so I can have it via steam so I can play it portable on my GPD win.

Justin Wong helped with the balancing on this gem and its pretty incredible and keeps showing up at wednesday night fights and other events. If you like puzzle fighter your gonna love this.
LINK to the Crystal Crisis OT to read all the character powers, modes of play and gameplay rules

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Man screw people who one and done or quit after they get the win in the rematch but then don't finish the 2/3

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For those interested still in puzzle fighting with Crystal Crisis
Crystal Crisis is now $25 on Amazon and at Best Buy.

Plus its hitting PC on steam July 31st for $19.99 but if you pre order it'll only be $14.99

Never a better time to jump in on this absolute gem folks. Tell your friends and get ready to enjoy some vicious vs puzzle fighting. I'm likely gonna double dip on this so I can have it via steam so I can play it portable on my GPD win.

Justin Wong helped with the balancing on this gem and its pretty incredible and keeps showing up at wednesday night fights and other events. If you like puzzle fighter your gonna love this.
LINK to the Crystal Crisis OT to read all the character powers, modes of play and gameplay rules

Is the game legit good? reviews didn't looked that hot, but I want to buy this because I know that the collector edition will be rare later

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Game is indeed legit good. No clue why people would down it honestly. Very competitive. Multi branch storymode with replayability. Lots of cast and modes to unlock. Optimus Prime is the narrator. Has some load times on switch and was 60 at launch is the only thi gs I think anyone may begrudge.

Mentality behind character power balance seems to be power vs drop patterns. Strong power is balanced out by either a large meter requirement or being saddled with a drop pattern for your trash that's easy to pop large chunks of at a time for a risk reward scenario. Weak power means super scattered trash pattern that's hard to remove like Astroboy has.

I think top tier is likely ninja as hes an All around dude but one of his powers makes everything the same color to confuse folks. No real busted tier exists though. Even Akuji who swaps his play field for yours has huge meter requirement and a garbage drop pattern and is countered by fast play or large combos early to mid game before he has meter.
Is the game legit good? reviews didn't looked that hot, but I want to buy this because I know that the collector edition will be rare later

Last edited:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game is indeed legit good. No clue why people would down it honestly. Very competitive. Multi branch storymode with replayability. Lots of cast and modes to unlock. Optimus Prime is the narrator. Has some load times on switch and was 60 at launch is the only thi gs I think anyone may begrudge.

Sounds fine, gonna check it out

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, the model is R271: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DM2D8TW/?tag=dislag-20&th=1

Edit: Looks like the price for the 24" model is about $100 USD right now. I'm not sure what it would cost someone buying from Europe.

Already got a new monitor now but still appreciate it.

So VSFighting should be pretty good.

DoA6 season pass 2 reveal and World Tour tournament

Tekken Master event, Capcom Pro Tour premier event, MK11 cup event, other evo games

Its the last big test for a lot of players before Evo.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
so im actually playing fgs again, i noticed that mvci is included in the xbox gamepass for pc beta (which i got for a pile of other games), is it worth it to try to learn the game? the only fg ive actually learnt properly is Fantasy Strike, which is basically the complete opposite, and I love.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
so im actually playing fgs again, i noticed that mvci is included in the xbox gamepass for pc beta (which i got for a pile of other games), is it worth it to try to learn the game? the only fg ive actually learnt properly is Fantasy Strike, which is basically the complete opposite, and I love.

I never got deep into the game, but people like Maximilian Dood have praised the gameplay.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017

I'd never try to deter anyone from playing Marvel, but unfortunately this game doesn't seem to have great activity online. Personally speaking, the game is still fun to lab. As far as learning it seriously? Probably not.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Reposting from the Evo entrants thread

Pools to be posted tonight.

That said, if you check Smash.gg right now, the general schedule is up, even if individual pools can't be viewed. There's a HUGE change in plans that got spoiled by this, however.
MK11 has been added to Sunday's finals, which start at 10 AM. Sunday finals order is: BBTag, MK11, Smash, SFVAE, T7.

Other finals start times:
SCVI: 8 PM Friday
UNIST: 10 AM Saturday
DBFZ: 1 PM Saturday
SamSho: 4 PM Saturday

Huge change there if the Smash.gg schedule is correct.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Like I said in the Evo thread, they probably wanted to avoid any Saturday top 8s from conflicting with the semifinals that will be running that evening, so one game had to be a single day Friday tournament and SCVI being the lowest attended game without a Sunday finals spot made it the obvious choice.

I'm gonna be run ragged though - my SCVI pool is 2 PM Friday, followed by BB Tag at 4 PM Friday. And I'm also in the Project Justice side tourney at AnimEvo, which is scheduled to start at 11 AM the same day.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Three games all on the same day is quite busy. Won't be going to Evo myself this year, though. Good luck out there.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless my SamSho pool is really terrible, I'll be done with EVO by 2pm Friday. My SC6 pool looks really brutal (Xephukai and a top Japanese player)
Hopefully there's stuff to do Saturday, Sunday's going to be a Vegas day.

Last edited:

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, 10am Tekken and noon SC6 pools. I'll be eliminated from everything by the time the wife wakes up on Friday!

Smash.gg projects me going 0-2 in both games. Sounds about right!

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Mentality behind character power balance seems to be power vs drop patterns. Strong power is balanced out by either a large meter requirement or being saddled with a drop pattern for your trash that's easy to pop large chunks of at a time for a risk reward scenario. Weak power means super scattered trash pattern that's hard to remove like Astroboy has.

I think top tier is likely ninja as hes an All around dude but one of his powers makes everything the same color to confuse folks. No real busted tier exists though. Even Akuji who swaps his play field for yours has huge meter requirement and a garbage drop pattern and is countered by fast play or large combos early to mid game before he has meter.

Btw, last week my wai-fu edition copy of Koihime Enbu arrived, so I brought it to my local game center to play some matches, and we had a great time with it, is such an amazing game

Well, I finally bought it thanks to your opinion

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
so, i bought UNIST. the tutorial is frikkin great, but wow, coming from Fantasy Strike i thought the hard part would be learning to do motion input specials, but no, those are fine, im not great at them, but with practice i'll get better. no, the real issue is linking. in FS if you hit the buttons, it links. that's all you need to do. in more complex fighting games apparently you need good timing even mid combo or blockstring? this is super frikkin hard. im having trouble with simple tutorial combos and blockstrings 'cause linking is so hard.

Oct 25, 2017
so, i bought UNIST. the tutorial is frikkin great, but wow, coming from Fantasy Strike i thought the hard part would be learning to do motion input specials, but no, those are fine, im not great at them, but with practice i'll get better. no, the real issue is linking. in FS if you hit the buttons, it links. that's all you need to do. in more complex fighting games apparently you need good timing even mid combo or blockstring? this is super frikkin hard. im having trouble with simple tutorial combos and blockstrings 'cause linking is so hard.
What tutorials are having a hard time with? Yeah, the timing and will change based around a lot of factors for strings on block or on hit, but early stuff is just pressing buttons in order almost like typing. Some of the later tutorials though are pretty damn hard and you shouldn't really care for as a beginner (some of the OSes are so tight, jeez).