• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
What tutorials are having a hard time with? Yeah, the timing and will change based around a lot of factors for strings on block or on hit, but early stuff is just pressing buttons in order almost like typing. Some of the later tutorials though are pretty damn hard and you shouldn't really care for as a beginner (some of the OSes are so tight, jeez).
im still on the "Beginner" tutorials, the ones ive been having trouble with are any where i gotta link crouching and standing normals. the windows are so frikkin fast that it makes it really hard to keep up. the one im stuck on rn is a blockstring with mixed crouching and standing normals and a special. ive gotten it once or so, but i don't move on in a tutorial unless i can do it twice. i'll get it eventually, these tutorials will just take me a few weeks.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a link. It's a 'gatling' combo where you go from lower priority normals to higher ones by cancelling the initial input into the next.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Knee has been on fire this year. Another 1st place. I love fg dominance.

I gotta say though, I thought tasty Steve was pretty bad on the mic today. he was amping up the schtick pretty high.

I love when Ryan hart is paired with somebody else.

The make the noise thing is getting annoying, lol.

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say though, I thought tasty Steve was pretty bad on the mic today. he was amping up the schtick pretty high.

I love when Ryan hart is paired with somebody else.

The make the noise thing is getting annoying, lol.
lol, I'm pretty sure he does it intetionally because of Aris and his subs. Same thing happened after Aris complained about his singing.

Where's the source on this, I cant find anything
It's from smash.gg. I would take it with a grain of salt until it's officially revealed.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Just saw the post with the schedule if its true I feel bad for tekken fan. They easily always had the best spot on sunday time wise. Now tekken top8 is most likely going to start at midnight est especially with 5 games and smash being before. But at the same time I dont think its true simply because it would have made that pool completely useless since smash isnt even the game before the last game.

Last edited:

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Just got back from VSFighting2019, had a fucking BLAST.
EAEsRrhXoAALlUw.jpg

And now I'm back to being depressed that I live where I do, because there is NO SCENE here whatsoever. No events, No Weeklys, No Meetups, No NOTHING.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I was watching ChrisG last night go over his Defend the North experience. It seemed to be ran so shitty. My perception is east coast (or maybe just NE) tournaments are not the best run, it always seems there are issues. It seems having a big well run major in the NorthEast is not in play.

Am I wrong? It it because of costs of venues and not enough room as the base?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I forgot Fantasy Strike was out this week. Time to start pushing it to the folks that think fighing games are hard because of execution

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
The Cross|Up is literally just mapping the left analog stick to the stick, and d-pad to the buttons. Its a weird maybe more ergonomic way to do things already possible by pad players. Using two directional inputs is always gonna be awkward but this isn't doing anything that wild. Last Win SOCD is more a problem than this is.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Korean Back Dash is going to be a piece of cake on that thing.

It won't suddenly make you way better at the game to compete in tournaments, but it's perfect for crushing people online.

Oct 26, 2017
That Hitbox Crossup sounds really interesting, as I'm the kind of player who prefers playing some games on a stick, and some games on a hitbox. Having the best of both worlds sounds like a great prospect.

I'll probably support their kickstarter.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
i just noticed KI definitive edition was just added to Xbox gamepass for PC. Nice. Always thought that was the most glaring omission in for the month or so since it launched.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like they're more interested in slick production values than they are in the actual game.

We're probably missing 2 more matches during this interview.

edit: Holy shit, that was supposed to be a joke. They actually didn't show both winners bracket matches. WTF is this?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Offstream matches at a invitational.

Imagine actually wanting to watch fighting games lol. All about those player intros and desk analysis

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, it truly is a case of them being more devoted to showing off overproduced eSports crap and yakking on about nothing than streaming actual matches.