• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I'm out, this is the single worst production I've ever watched and has thoroughly convinced me to never watch anything produced by WSOE again

ONE MATCH in an hour! 50 minutes of talking heads, adverts, interviews and player vignettes.

Just awful

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, so this is the losers finals. So we missed 2 more matches. And they've been sitting there for a while, so they got those other two out of the way a while ago

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully the 2nd half was better and we actually got to see matches and the wait in between matches didn't take ages

Still sucks that the start was so damn awful

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Like to me, this is the overproduced "esports" thing I don't really like. Not west golf claps, not no cussing on commentary. That's just people being themselves, to me (not everybody has to be yipes).

But this stuff, idk man, lol. I still loving watching the actual matches though, of course. It's all about the matches.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Okay boys. It's that time of year.

Need 25 notables for the following games,

Smash Ultimate
SCVI
Under Night
Cross Tag Battle
Samurai Shodown

I'm good with the others.

Oh if anybody wants me to send me EVO related stuff, feel free.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to the Max and Keits talk about KI from yesterday. Good stuff.
Oooh. Got a link? I love Keits Killer Instinct talks. Back when Hisako and Omen and the rest were getting reveals I was posting em to TYM and getting drawn in hard by just how insane the movesets in that game could be and not break it due to how strong its core read based breaker setup was.

It honestly got frightening how often me and Q would be designing something on paper only to have Keits popup with a similar thing in KI a month or so later back when I was hard hitting the fighting game work. Keits got some great people with him and a lot of passion. I love his talks. Plus my boy knows his TVC. Still loved when he was doin Aganos and had to say first thing it was not a Giant style moveset reveal before the reveal to his TVC folks.

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh. Got a link? I love Keits Killer Instinct talks. Back when Hisako and Omen and the rest were getting reveals I was posting em to TYM and getting drawn in hard by just how insane the movesets in that game could be and not break it due to how strong its core read based breaker setup was.

It honestly got frightening how often me and Q would be designing something on paper only to have Keits popup with a similar thing in KI a month or so later back when I was hard hitting the fighting game work. Keits got some great people with him and a lot of passion. I love his talks. Plus my boy knows his TVC. Still loved when he was doin Aganos and had to say first thing it was not a Giant style moveset reveal before the reveal to his TVC folks.

. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/458495127?t=45m46s

Call goes on until ~1h27min.

Thomasorus

Oct 26, 2017
This talk is mad good. I'm impressed how US battle designers like Keits are mature and able to take a step back and admit that balancing a game is not about everyone being on the same level but analyzing every move's risk and reward. The part where he says that "or course" Aria is strong because she's hard to play and you have to reward difficulty was music in my hears. Damn I wish I could work on such a project for a living instead of just having the time to theory craft things on paper.

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to think I could pass on this year's Evo Sunday, though I'll probably tune in for not-finishing-4 AM-SFV out of the novelty alone and curiosity about the announcement.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to EVO and I'm passing on that Sunday and making it a Vegas day- little interest in BBTAG, and none in SFV , MKXI, and gone by time Tekken ends.

Everything for me is Fri/Sat.

Just hoping to find some SamSho or SC to play thurs afternoon/evening.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
So I booted up KI. I think I haven't booted up my Xbox one in like a year, heh.

Wanted to see if I felt any different about the game.

I just don't really like combo system at all. It's not fun to me. And the way it effects special move animations ending (cause they need to link). And the animations in general has his weird SnapBack to it. Can't explain it. Maybe it is to accommodate the combo system as well. And the jumping feels weird. The arcs and the feeling of weight and acceleration feels off.

I love the character and move set designs. It's basically an extension of vampire savior to me (the designs).

I wish these characters where in another fighting game, lol.

That said, I hope they make a new one next gen.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
With a number of fighting games going on sale ahead of this EVO weekend (Steam/Humble/etc), which title do you feel or know has the healthiest online population on PC?

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
tbh, any main game has quite a healthy population, and even most of the animevo games, while you might not always get skillmatched you shouldn't have any trouble finding matches. almost all fgs that haven't been superseded by a sequel (and even a few that have) have enough of a population that you will find matches.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Anyone have any issues with a Brooks ps3/4 convert to xbone on pc? Trying to get it to work/update firmware but it won't recognize my stick.

edit: trying to get it to work because KI won't recognize my stick

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
why bother with a converter on PC? don't drivers exist for compatibility without any hardware?
Can't seem to get my stick to work on Killer Instict Windows 10 version and everything I've read said that it won't work even with the xinput driver that makes steam thinks its an xbox controller and that seems to be the case.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
Can't seem to get my stick to work on Killer Instict Windows 10 version and everything I've read said that it won't work even with the xinput driver that makes steam thinks its an xbox controller and that seems to be the case.

if it's a ps4 compatible stick try ds4windows, it's very good. i'm not sure what the best software option for ps3 based controllers is, SCP Driver and x360ce both seem popular from what i've heard. and there's always joytokey which works with everything ever made.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
if it's a ps4 compatible stick try ds4windows, it's very good. i'm not sure what the best software option for ps3 based controllers is, SCP Driver and x360ce both seem popular from what i've heard. and there's always joytokey which works with everything ever made.
Thanks for the ideas. Been stressed lately and I can't deal with this dumb converter now, Going to return and try something else....or just ditch K since this'll be the first time i mess with it.

After Joytokey seemed to not work for some reason, I got bored and put my Razer panthera back at the ps4 and pulled out my Qanba drone to mess around with inbetween matches.... that piece of junk works while in ps3 mode....ugh, Guess that simple enough.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the ideas. Been stressed lately and I can't deal with this dumb converter now, Going to return and try something else....or just ditch K since this'll be the first time i mess with it.

After Joytokey seemed to not work for some reason, I got bored and put my Razer panthera back at the ps4 and pulled out my Qanba drone to mess around with inbetween matches.... that piece of junk works while in ps3 mode....ugh, Guess that simple enough.
Ugh...I had one of those wanna drones. Stick and buttons were both trash. From parts to pcb it's a stick that needs everything replaced. It's essentially just good for a case.

Last edited:

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Ugh...I had one of those wanna drones. Stick and buttons were both trash. From parts to pcb it's a stick that needs everything replaced. It's essentially just good for a case.
The worst part is that I bought it like a couple months before I started to see it drop huge in price pretty often. Oh well, I don't use it much and I don't play Killer Instict much and i get to return that stupid converter that was stressing me out with how i couldn't get it to work or update.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Is it the Windows Store version or the Steam version? Ive gotten all sorts of weird controllers to work with that game using Steam Input.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm in the mood to try a fighting game, but as I'm not following the news closely, are any of those games 'done' and without a future ?
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Soul Calibur VI
King of Fighters XIV
Street Fighter V
Cross Tag Battle
Fantasy Strike
Dead or Alive 6

Not big on fighters so that's probably not an issue but I would prefer to play something still relevant.
Any big popular games here ?

On a related topic, what are the 2019-2020 games announced ? I can only remember Granblue and just read that there is a new KOF.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm in the mood to try a fighting game, but as I'm not following the news closely, are any of those games 'done' and without a future ?
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Soul Calibur VI
King of Fighters XIV
Street Fighter V
Cross Tag Battle
Fantasy Strike
Dead or Alive 6

Not big on fighters so that's probably not an issue but I would prefer to play something still relevant.
Any big popular games here ?

On a related topic, what are the 2019-2020 games announced ? I can only remember Granblue and just read that there is a new KOF.
Tekken 7 and SFV are the most "lively" in that list.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
So I've been playing some fightcade during Evo and all I wanna say is

Chamu Chamu is the best