• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People will find new reasons to not play it.
Honestly, I'm not on board with the direction of 14. Looks aside, the new characters weren't my thing, and the physics didn't feel good.
I'm sure 15 will look much better, but what impact will it have on the cast? What if that means going down to 30 characters? Have they hired better character designers? Will Shermie be done justice this time?
They need to make a good game before writing about netcode.
(Ah, also, release it on pc with crossplay, starting with SS)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm not on board with the direction of 14. Looks aside, the new characters weren't my thing, and the physics didn't feel good.
I'm sure 15 will look much better, but what impact will it have on the cast? What if that means going down to 30 characters? Have they hired better character designers? Will Shermie be done justice this time?

There was very little appreciation for the size of XIV's cast, people were too busy complaining about the visuals.

No way XV will have 50 day one.

Around 30 characters with season passes is the safe bet.

Agreed, but I'm not expecting a lot of the upcoming fighting games(the Japanese made ones, anyway) to have both features--just rollback at first.

Baby steps.

For sure.

Oct 26, 2017

The roster situation for KOF15 will be very interesting to see. If we get a visual style that looks similar to a ASW fighting game, then I think we won't get much more than 30 characters on launch. Which--I can think of around ten teams that are nigh guaranteed to be in the game, which leaves out a LOT of characters from XIV.

Japan Team
Yagami Team
K' Team
China Team
Fatal Fury Team
Art of Fighting Team
Ikari Warriors Team
Psycho Soldier Team
Women Fighters Team

These teams I think are guaranteed to be in the game, with the China Team being the only XIV Team to return. Now, you can always tweak the actual teams themselves, so that some characters return and some don't--like, maybe Mian is in the China Team and Tung is not. That said, it does limit the potential teams we could see if that's the route we see KOF15 go.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The roster situation for KOF15 will be very interesting to see. If we get a visual style that looks similar to a ASW fighting game, then I think we won't get much more than 30 characters on launch. Which--I can think of around ten teams that are nigh guaranteed to be in the game, which leaves out a LOT of characters from XIV.

Japan Team
Yagami Team
K' Team
China Team
Fatal Fury Team
Art of Fighting Team
Ikari Warriors Team
Psycho Soldier Team
Women Fighters Team

These teams I think are guaranteed to be in the game, with the China Team being the only XIV Team to return. Now, you can always tweak the actual teams themselves, so that some characters return and some don't--like, maybe Mian is in the China Team and Tung is not. That said, it does limit the potential teams we could see if that's the route we see KOF15 go.

Krispykaiser said that Tung has never really been all that popular and is one of the least popular characters in XIV according to their data. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out.

He also said that Xanadu is very unpopular as well (even though SNK themselves really like him).

XV is very interesting in that we can expect a smaller cast than XIV but at the same time the potential for the cast is through the roof.

The story for XIV makes it so that any character can be brought back from any time or game (even from a non-SNK game) so it would be a real shame if they just wasted that on the launch roster mostly being just KOF regulars.

They should also be heavily considering having teams from Tekken etc. like in KOF All Stars. Gender bending EX versions of characters would be a fun addition too.

And at the same time I can't see them not including Mian and Nelson's teams since they are part of the story. Not to mention Ash was brought back to life. Luong ended up really popular as well.

So yeah, lots of potential and question marks when it comes to the roster. As always, they have too damn many good characters.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here dislike MK11? Man the more I play it the more I hate it. Feels too slow and I hate the blocking button. I don't mind it in SCVI though...

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
hope KOF15 removes the autocombo button (A) or gives players the chance to assign it to a non-ABCD button. Ruined the whole game.

Same for GGXrd lowering the arcade difficulty after every loss, making choosing hard difficulty pointless. Hope they remove it as well.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Japan Team
Yagami Team
K' Team
China Team
Fatal Fury Team
Art of Fighting Team
Ikari Warriors Team
Psycho Soldier Team
Women Fighters Team

These teams I think are guaranteed to be in the game, with the China Team being the only XIV Team to return.

Due to on going roster bloat there are too many characters that need to be in the game. Add Chang/Choi/Xanadu and there are already 10 teams / 30 characters without even considering new additions, bosses, other returning characters from XIV and some others that are due their return like Shingo. I would expect at least 12 base teams for the next game.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Kumite in Tennesse, Tekken Top 8 :

Arslan Ash (Zafina) VS Trungy (Leroy)
SourPiggy (Julia, Anna) VS AceUnlimited (Jin)

Hotboyrob (Leroy) VS Spero Gin (Eddy)
TRILL SHOLA (Kazumi) VS Fusion (Lucky Chloe)

Unfortunately, the Leroys we got were not so great (even if Lil Majin and Pokchop fell to them). Nothing that can cause a problem to Arslan Ash who will likely take it all.
Nice variety otherwise.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tips on how to use Maya? I want to mix up from Raam a little, and I love how her combos work, but I feel that I don't really understand how to use the daggers at all

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Tips on how to use Maya? I want to mix up from Raam a little, and I love how her combos work, but I feel that I don't really understand how to use the daggers at all
I played her a bit but I'm not an expert. When on instinct you can go ham with the daggers as they always come back. Also each dagger has its own property. Cant remember exactly what they each do but she has a special move where they are homing. Use that to catch your opponent jumpimg and you can juggle them.
She has the air dive grab that can surprise the opponent but is also punishable.

Check videos of Pink Diamond on youtube. She's an amazing Maya player and has some sick setups with her.

Watch this:

My favorite part is at 10:50. She baits Sabrewulf into preventing her to get the dagger and finished him

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Watching the UMVC3 side tourney at KiT and that disgusting Iron Man infinite into oncoming unblockable X-23 combo is so fucking funny. Might as well just put the controller down if they land the first hit with Iron Man. You've 100% lost.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Justin been going with Sim in MvC2 lately. Is theory Sim finally gonna be realized?

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
FG Era, question. Is it...worth it for I can't believe I'm typing this, playing all BB or am I just better off just diving into Central Fiction? I currently only own Calamity Trigger and it feels pretty straightforward compared to say oh...GG Xrd 2nd Rev.

Bear in mind that I actually enjoy replaying old arcade modes like 2nd Impact, New Gen and Alpha 2. Not necessarily looking to "get good" at them.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
think that's one of my problem's, not grabbing enough. Need to sit down with combo's from grab more. thanks!
She can mix a lot of buttons for juggles and can recapture the opponent and continue the combos on the ground. She can also mess up the opponent blocking direction by double jumping on top of him/her. She has a bunch of mind fuckery mixups

Deleted member 61909

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
FG Era, question. Is it...worth it for I can't believe I'm typing this, playing all BB or am I just better off just diving into Central Fiction? I currently only own Calamity Trigger and it feels pretty straightforward compared to say oh...GG Xrd 2nd Rev.

Bear in mind that I actually enjoy replaying old arcade modes like 2nd Impact, New Gen and Alpha 2. Not necessarily looking to "get good" at them.
I mean, what's your goal for playing BB? If you just wanna play it, I would just stick to the updated one out which is currently central fiction. there's no reason to play the older ones really other than story.

She can mix a lot of buttons for juggles and can recapture the opponent and continue the combos on the ground. She can also mess up the opponent blocking direction by double jumping on top of him/her. She has a bunch of mind fuckery mixups

yea double jump side switch is classic anime so I instantly thought of that when I picked her up lol. Did not know she had recapture though, gonna study those video's you gave me during lunch break.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Computer Blue probably curiousity. I mean, I find fun going back and playing old versions of Street Fighter 2, Alpha and 3. Now, going back to SF1 is real tough tho! So I was just wondering if there were enough differences to warrant playing thru the earlier ones or just sticking with CF.

Deleted member 61909

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Computer Blue probably curiousity. I mean, I find fun going back and playing old versions of Street Fighter 2, Alpha and 3. Now, going back to SF1 is real tough tho! So I was just wondering if there were enough differences to warrant playing thru the earlier ones or just sticking with CF.
I would just play the newer one since there's more characters added and imo the best one. But If you can get the older ones on sale for dirt cheap, go for it.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
yea double jump side switch is classic anime so I instantly thought of that when I picked her up lol. Did not know she had recapture though, gonna study those video's you gave me during lunch break.
Sorry not recapture. I meant flipout with the web to prolong her juggles. I believe her worst match ups are characters that prevent her from controlling the air like Eagle (arrows) and Cinder. On the ground she has some very fast pokes that can open up your opponent. She is deadly on instinct. Check videos of Maciagas. He used to be one of the best Sadira players out there. Haven't seen him play in a long time though.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019

BB CT had probably the best and least tedious story mode of any BB game. Then they started adding and complicating stuff to the point I lost any interest after Continuum Shift. I had also played back then the GFWL version that also supported crossplay with XB360 but they removed online play in the re-releases. If only SFIV had done the same with crossplay against Xb360 players....You could only transfer your stats and achievements from console to PC and vice versa

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yeah playing KI while on vaccation is not the same as after a long day at work. After 2 hours I was mentally drained, like I've worked a 2nd shift. I was making dumb mistakes and seeing things but could not react to them. This reminds me why fighting games are still so niche.

I should probably leave KI for the weekends and play a more relaxing game on week days.

I'm old.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Tekken 7 is coming to gamepass. I'll finally give it a try. Last time I played Tekken seriously was Tag on ps2. This will probably go very bad

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna put this here.

Yall get ready for 1.7 update in Power rangers battle for the grid.

Shady k teasers in discord are kinda nuts. Drakkons genocide cutter assist has a great option now. If you call assist and tag to Drakkon during its active frames you can cancel out of his assist midair onto an overhead. That's right...you can cancel an AA into an air normal. Imagine if Ken could cancel shoryu into an air normal. And ita super low to the ground too. I'm gonna try dashup genocide cutter into overhead.

Also Doggies slashes can cancel on whif into a second slash and they lowered the minimum height restrictions on his slash so hes got overheads and more shit too. Much faster pressure there.

Looks like green ranger can do the Drakkon cancel during his assist into overheads too from what folks say. This may be a new mechanic outright.

Get ready...1.7 looking crazy as fuck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
More animal meme characters in Fight of Animals and oh my god is this new animal meme a favorite.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

pj8B0O8.jpg

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Krispykaiser said that Tung has never really been all that popular and is one of the least popular characters in XIV according to their data. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out.

He also said that Xanadu is very unpopular as well (even though SNK themselves really like him).

XV is very interesting in that we can expect a smaller cast than XIV but at the same time the potential for the cast is through the roof.

The story for XIV makes it so that any character can be brought back from any time or game (even from a non-SNK game) so it would be a real shame if they just wasted that on the launch roster mostly being just KOF regulars.

They should also be heavily considering having teams from Tekken etc. like in KOF All Stars. Gender bending EX versions of characters would be a fun addition too.

And at the same time I can't see them not including Mian and Nelson's teams since they are part of the story. Not to mention Ash was brought back to life. Luong ended up really popular as well.

So yeah, lots of potential and question marks when it comes to the roster. As always, they have too damn many good characters.
It's time for Rugal to return. O:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In perspective, with the exception of the odd inclusion like Hwa Jai, KOF 13 is probably the closest to a "must have" roster in all the series. And yet they still left over a lot of popular characters

KOF has it way harder than any other fighting series when it comes to pick characters for their next game, specially since they have like 25 characters who can't miss out no matter what

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah or at the very least his kids (Adelheid was supposed to be in XIII but got cut due to time restraints).

adelb.jpg
Honestly, one of most interesting potential of return to me is the Orochi team with Shermie, Chris and Yashiro. Admittedly, i'm very curious how they'll handle the roster. Like sibarraz said there's a lot of characters that are 100% sure to come back so...just gotta wait patiently for news to roll out.