• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The OT was created by Himuro

EPi4ie0.png

LAST TIME ON FIGHTING GAME ERA HQ

We escaped to a newly discovered planet to wish for a new Era and bring back our dead friends back to life!

To0bQ2o.png

But the evil space overlord, Capcom, is trying to DESTROY the FGC!

AtH1uds.png

But wait...we have our heroes to save us: Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and....SMASH?!?!

u7oTx5B.png

Street Fighter V takes a shot at Capcom first because after all he is the PRINCE OF ALL FIGHTERS.

F51nmjZ.png

But he dies before he can get a hit in.

31f5ezU.png

Tekken 7 is pressed on defeating Capcom and saving the FGC. With great potential, spirit, and HYPE.

IUOJ2tl.png

He's got a strong character line up, incredible depth, and wonderful polish but...He fizzles out right when he's getting started! Can anyone save the FGC from Capcom?!

OsfGMTT.png

But wait - HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! Dragon Ball Fighter Z has anime-like graphics and was trained in heaven by Arc System Works. But everyone knows anime games die and can't last in this landscape. Can we really put our faith in such a game?

BiSpTuU.jpg

Not wasting any time, Capcom kills Marvel vs Capcom Infinite without mercy.

0MEI4uU.gif

"DBFZ! HELP!"

1cc892a844f39fa912a166036d1db2c8935059af_hq.gif

A new hope lies in Dragon Ball Fighter Z to save fighting gamers from poverty and busted locals. Will Arc System Works triumph over Capcom? Stay tuned!

eAi6MGP.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------

QpNZVIV.png

Local meet ups are the fighting game community. Participate in your locals to help the games thrive, have competition, make friends, get the opportunity to travel, and grow as a player.

ZombieBrian's FGC world map has a list of most every fighting game local in the world. If it's not on there, search for your nearest city and then fighting game community on Google. Usually you'll turn up a Facebook group. We're big on FB groups and Discord for planning meet ups.

FGC Tournament Schedule courtesy of EventHubs.

Free eBokok on How To Learn To Play Fighting Games by Patrick Miller is a must have for those new or even intermediate.

Tips for the first time competitors in the tourney scene

Domination 101 series of articles made by top players back in the day on SRK. Many have been lost to time and server resets but you can still find them. Here's one of the more famous ones.

Footsies Handbook is the Bible on high level fighting game strategy. It's good to go through each one multiple times. You could deconstruct each one in a very analytical manner.

Playing To Win by David Sirlin is another FGC cult classic that embodies the spirit of becoming truly high level, which is the goal for many, and the mindset one should instill to reach it.

Drunkard Shade's Exploring Fighting Game Series which aims at helping new or intermediate players rise to the ranks of high level.

Reddit's r/fighters isn't a bad resource for those trying to get into fighting games.

DustLoop Wiki has all pertinent information and resources for many niche anime fighters. Using it is invaluable for progress and information. Mizuumi is also an alternative for such games.

SRK's wiki is just as invaluable depending on the game. Super Turbo and Ultra Street Fighter IV's wikis in particular are indispensable regarding the amount of information and knowledge within them.

Tekken 7's frame data is available via RB Norway. There's also an app available for mobile. Same for SFIV/V via FAT.

Drunkard Shade's Guilty Gear Crash Course is not only a fantastic resource for Guilty Gear but anime fg fundamentals in general.

MarkMan's arcade stick thread for whenever it pops up.

Remember...WE ANIME NOW!

AdoC3No.gif

Any other suggestions to the OP would be nice.

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That Million Arthur game has me salty that Sorcery King isn't a main playable.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...hangouts? Lol. Day 1 and Fighting-Era is already "communitied."
In all seriousness though glad everyone is here. I'll be sure to post stuff on poverty fighters here and try to reign some positivity on everyones parade here just like in the past. Keep playing and have fun.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Super alpha EX rainbow edition remix - FGE

LargeDecimalGrouse.gif

We in there
You forgot Magic Plus as another thingy to add to that title lol.
How odd...in chrome I can't see your gif in the browser but when I quote it I can see it. Ah well...them new forum quirks.
That Million Arthur game has me salty that Sorcery King isn't a main playable.
Hmm...multiquote failed me too. Oh well.
Please tell me more about characters in Million Arthur. They just released the trailer recently for the game and it hits japanese arcades in November 21st. However I know next to nothing about this other than its a popular square enix phone game. Would love details here. Also Enjoy the trailer.

Also for those who missed the announcement Chaos Code is getting a new sequel!
Title isn't finalized yet but check out the trailer for The Next Chaos Code

Oh and here's the Nappa Trailer that dropped too.
Nappa Trailer

Last edited:

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games are indeed great. Two button dashes aren't, though.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Someone find Tizoc before monday :)
It wont be the same without his monday hours of fighting games posts

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...multiquote failed me too. Oh well.
Please tell me more about characters in Million Arthur. They just released the trailer recently for the game and it hits japanese arcades in November 21st. However I know next to nothing about this other than its a popular square enix phone game. Would love details here. Also Enjoy the trailer.

It's just basically your standard gacha RPG.
Beyond some basic stories and whatnot, the appeal is mainly character designs and VA.
The original game came was only in service for 2 months in the US, it never caught on here.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ok, just let me take a sec to exhale..

..ha..

For my first post on Era I just want to say that
Ultron is one the best fighting game characters of all time.

Dude is a complete beast.

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly lurked in the past but I plan on posting here more in the future. It's cool to see more and more familiar faces as I continue to browse.

Jaffo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rome, Italy
Hello! Someone in EU plays tekken 7 on pc? I am a mid level player looking to improve.

My steam id is: xxjafyxx

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I havent been following the FGC that much in the last couple of years Im glad this community is still intact.