• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I impulse purchased one after someone cancelled their order on amiami and am looking for a dedicated display case now. Total after shipping came out a bit short of $1500. It's the first and hopefully last 1/4 scale (literal) bunny figure I buy.

Saw a cool custom case from a Hong Kong maker but doesn't seem like they take international orders. Looks like the kind in my previous post are just called Japanese doll cases.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Received my first ever Pop Up Parade; Ed and Ein from Cowboy Bebop. Absolutely adorable figure and good quality. Definitely gonna need to get some more of them, it's just often hard to commit on smaller figures.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Received my first ever Pop Up Parade; Ed and Ein from Cowboy Bebop. Absolutely adorable figure and good quality. Definitely gonna need to get some more of them, it's just often hard to commit on smaller figures.

That one is great! A shame their Spike is... the opposite (his face is totally off). Pop Up Parade quality is really all over the place, but "prize figures" in that tier I think have some really great ones out there from other companies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
That one is great! A shame their Spike is... the opposite (his face is totally off). Pop Up Parade quality is really all over the place, but "prize figures" in that tier I think have some really great ones out there from other companies.
The only PUPs that are consistently higher quality are the L and XL lines. The regular series is a toss-up where sculpts are concerned.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
The only PUPs that are consistently higher quality are the L and XL lines. The regular series is a toss-up where sculpts are concerned.

Yeah, agreed. I have I think four CSM ones and... I dunno, not great! Their bigger Berserk ones (Guts and Zodd) are rad though, like you're saying.

Banpresto seems to be my favorite of that tier of figure (cheaper but still nice looking), but have also liked offerings from Taito and Sega. I'm sure there's other good ones too.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So I just noticed something disappointing about the Ed Pop Up Parade that I can't believe I didn't notice prior... They white washed her. What the hell. 🙁

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, agreed. I have I think four CSM ones and... I dunno, not great! Their bigger Berserk ones (Guts and Zodd) are rad though, like you're saying.
Yeah, the Berserk Pop-Ups are fantastic. I just really hate the bland bases. Which is a problem across the whole line. Also I wonder if Zodd's base really needed to have the massive footprint it does.
So I just noticed something disappointing about the Ed Pop Up Parade that I can't believe I didn't notice prior... They white washed her. What the hell. 🙁
Not a terribly uncommon problem with figures, unfortunately. Some companies are better about it than others. I think it may have something to do with materials where the final colors don't come out quite the way they should.