• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I had any real affinity for the character I'd pull the trigger. I ponied up 27k for Flare's Bayonetta without a second thought. But I don't, so I won't, which sucks because she looks fucking incredible. 20k and you might have had me Alter.
20k is what the scrub tier manufacturers are charging these days.

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
Damn lol, you guys are makin me feel self conscious with all the dumb shit I have preordered.

I'm gonna hold off a bit on Jalter, but there's a good chance I'll cave. Especially with this face.
MastraCustom1533024043.jpeg

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, really? I thought you had a few.

You guys don't show your collection so it's hard to keep track.

I think it'd be a great time for people to post photos of their collections again. It's been a while. Most of the pics in the OP are from my collection. I'd love to see more activity over on FigureAGE these days, where we don't have any restrictions on content like here, but people seem to just want to chat in this thread or on Line.

Metaldeer

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that Jalter is fucking perfect. Gonna have to resist for now, though. Although, if she shows up on TOM during one of those big TOM point promotions, I'm going to be in trouble...

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm fairly new to this thread, but are you guys mainly into anime style stuff or is there just a big event with new stuff and that's why everyone's so hyped ?

Oct 25, 2017
to go back to what I said about Jalter price it's high but it does look like a really nice figure. .

I'm fairly new to this thread, but are you guys mainly into anime style stuff or is there just a big event with new stuff and that's why everyone's so hyped ?

both. it's mainly anime stuff but all figures are welcome. I know a lot of people in the thread collect figures based on DC, Marvel, and different western IP.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
it's mainly anime stuff but all figures are welcome. I know a lot of people in the thread collect figures based on DC, Marvel, and different western IP.
Good to know :)

Do any of you guys like to make setups with backgrounds and what not ? I imagine printing some of those off or using props might end up expensive all by itself.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Both. There was a recent Japanese specific figure showcase, but western figures do get play here during Comic Con and whatnot. Anime figures are more popular here though.

Post whatever ya want. The only thing people will give you crap for is Funko Pops. :P

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
So, it's been a while since I've posted here, mainly because the figures I thought I'd be picking up throughout the year ended up being delayed into one enormous clump now halfway through. Still, I'm glad to have them, though I'd forgotten what a laborious process it can be to unbox and set up so many figures at once. This constitutes most of what I have on order ATM, I'm trying to get myself better set up before I order more, but I don't expect to have a haul like this in the future, not for a long time to come. Anyway, here's a sample of some of what come in:
I also got Wedding Sonico as part of this haul, but let's be honest, there's no way I can post pictures of her here, haha!

Oct 25, 2017
^^ very nice stuff baka. Wedding Sonico is a figure I would very much like to have but there's just no way I could display her in my house. My wife is pretty cool with my figure hobby, even some of the more lewd stuff, but I think the whole wedding dress lingerie thing might just be a bridge too far haha.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Post whatever ya want. The only thing people will give you crap for is Funko Pops. :P
I'd hate myself more than any message here could convey anyway lol.
I just thought I'd ask since I was talking about a Batman piece on the other page, and one person said something and then the whole next two pages was all anime stuff so I was starting to wonder if I was in the wrong place lol.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I think it'd be a great time for people to post photos of their collections again. It's been a while. Most of the pics in the OP are from my collection. I'd love to see more activity over on FigureAGE these days, where we don't have any restrictions on content like here, but people seem to just want to chat in this thread or on Line.

I mean, I opened myself up to everyone but no one returned the gesture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd hate myself more than any message here could convey anyway lol.
I just thought I'd ask since I was talking about a Batman piece on the other page, and one person said something and then the whole next two pages was all anime stuff so I was starting to wonder if I was in the wrong place lol.
People like what they like. It might get ignored, but it is allowed and this is the general place to post it.

Back on GAF, there was an action figure thread that was more focused on comic book figures, not sure if there is one here or not.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
^^ very nice stuff baka. Wedding Sonico is a figure I would very much like to have but there's just no way I could display her in my house. My wife is pretty cool with my figure hobby, even some of the more lewd stuff, but I think the whole wedding dress lingerie thing might just be a bridge too far haha.
Thanks, and I understand where you're coming from! Wedding Sonico is actually somewhat tame compared to some other figures of mine, but I realize those pieces wouldn't be very many people's cup of tea, especially if you lived with a partner or certainly not if it was a place frequented by children. It's a shame because she's a masterful work of art, and one of the better pieces in my collection as a whole, but I totally understand her pushing limits for a lot of people!

I'd be willing to share the SFW parts of my collection here, but sadly most of it is packed up in anticipation of a move at some point in the nebulous future. Whenever I get around to the point of unboxing and setting all of my figures up again I'd be happy to share them, but it could be some time before that's a reality unfortunately.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
...what's wrong with me? I've never consumed any Fate media, yet previously bought the Caster Nendo because I love the character design. Now, I am intetested in this... Not too many guy figures that interest me, either.

9061999804446.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
...what's wrong with me? I've never consumed any Fate media, yet previously bought the Caster Nendo because I love the character design. Now, I am intetested in this... Not too many guy figures that interest me, either.

9061999804446.jpg
Heh heh, all according to plan.

Now, embrace the addiction of the Fate universe.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017

I only buy a half dozen or so figures a year, so I don't post mine too often, especially since it's not very impressive.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to post my collection now it'd be a room filled with Amiami stamped cardboard coffins.

Metaldeer

Oct 28, 2017
After dusting my figures today, I'm at least slightly less convinced I want to own that Jeanne.

Now that I look at it again, how does her flag even stay up? I see a support for her cloak thing, but the flag is just kinda floating.

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanted to order that Jalter, but I don't know if I can justify that price. :(

I'm not getting her, but the more I think of figures with prices like that the more I think, it's just like 2x the cost of a regular figure and I have WAY more than 2 figures. However, not sure what your budget is like but if the price seems high maybe it is a sign that you're not 100% on her.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting her, but the more I think of figures with prices like that the more I think, it's just like 2x the cost of a regular figure and I have WAY more than 2 figures. However, not sure what your budget is like but if the price seems high maybe it is a sign that you're not 100% on her.

There was that point when the value of the JPY dropped dramatically, and eventually figure manufacturers raised prices across the board to compensate. Once the Yen stabilized again, they just left the pricing models as they were and said "tee-hee." Now here we are with a lot of people being priced out of the hobby. I know for sure I'll be buying less in the future. Big monthly orders with 3-4 figures just aren't feasible anymore. Not so much just from a financial perspective, but my interest is waning to a degree, and I'm much more specific about what I really want to own, and what just looks neat.

Oct 25, 2017
There was that point when the value of the JPY dropped dramatically, and eventually figure manufacturers raised prices across the board to compensate. Once the Yen stabilized again, they just left the pricing models as they were and said "tee-hee." Now here we are with a lot of people being priced out of the hobby. I know for sure I'll be buying less in the future. Big monthly orders with 3-4 figures just aren't feasible anymore. Not so much just from a financial perspective, but my interest is waning to a degree, and I'm much more specific about what I really want to own, and what just looks neat.

that's a good point about the exchange. do you have an idea about how much of the figure business is overseas vs domestic sales? I could imagine either being greater for various reasons. Totally hear you on the waning interest. I'm happy with my collection as it is now, and my desire to buy random "nice" figs is a lot less than it was before.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I didn't even think of the pricing like that, but it totally makes sense.everything keeps selling, so why deflat them profit margins?

I only stick to a couple figure lines, with a couple getting the full set, and others just sticking to my favorite chars. I go a little nuts sometime, but the orders add up :/

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
do you have an idea about how much of the figure business is overseas vs domestic sales? I could imagine either being greater for various reasons. Totally hear you on the waning interest. I'm happy with my collection as it is now, and my desire to buy random "nice" figs is a lot less than it was before.

I don't have numbers, but you have to figure that when comparing the island nation of Japan with overseas (meaning the rest of Earth), a massive part of their business has to come from overseas sales. It's probably why international shipping is usually a forgone conclusion to figure shops, as the likelihood is very high they're going to be shipping outside Japan.

Oct 25, 2017
on an unrelated note I think that my current most anticipated figure (besides flare's 2B) is Dragon Toy's Chiyo from Ane Naru Mono. I like the character design so much I went out and bought the manga immediately. Probably won't be out for forever but I'm not sure how long Dragon Toy typically takes so hopefully not too long.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
on an unrelated note I think that my current most anticipated figure (besides flare's 2B) is Dragon Toy's Chiyo from Ane Naru Mono. I like the character design so much I went out and bought the manga immediately. Probably won't be out for forever but I'm not sure how long Dragon Toy typically takes so hopefully not too long.

She.....she has hooves.

649.gif

The Ques Q and Revolve versions look pretty nice too.