• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
There was a kotobukiya Baroness announced, right?

do we know when such a thing will be available?

All they've released so far is the concept art. So she'll be a 2019 release for sure.

696864.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got my Bunny Misa today. I honestly think she turned out better than the prototype, I'm very pleased. This was my first figure from Binding and, given the price, I was a little worried. Thankfully, those worries were unnecessary. I can't wait for Kotone now (and eventually Erika).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Bunny Misa today. I honestly think she turned out better than the prototype, I'm very pleased. This was my first figure from Binding and, given the price, I was a little worried. Thankfully, those worries were unnecessary. I can't wait for Kotone now (and eventually Erika).

I ordered that new Skytube girl. I wish they would stop making things I like.

Oct 25, 2017
This Fairy Tail figure from Orca that just went up for preorder is a strong future impulse buy candidate. It has a lot of the elements I like in a figure.

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

*Googles it*

tumblr_mjybqvlAzm1s3g3ago1_500.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered that new Skytube girl. I wish they would stop making things I like.
Nice! Which one, as there are many. Was it the one that recently appeared on AmiAmi?

This Fairy Tail figure from Orca that just went up for preorder is a strong future impulse buy candidate. It has a lot of the elements I like in a figure.
Yeah, she looks nice. Really cool style and pose.

I know, right? I know Raita's art isn't for everyone, but I love it. Needless to say, this figure captured it perfectly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Which one, as there are many. Was it the one that recently appeared on AmiAmi?

Upside-down girl. It looks like she has a fair variety of display options. I don't usually buy figures in that pose but she's pretty unique.

Yeah, she looks nice. Really cool style and pose.

I like that Erza figure, but she has the same issue as those Walkure Romanze figures. She forgot to put most of her armor on. Unfortunately underwear just doesn't have the same DEF stats.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Upside-down girl. It looks like she has a fair variety of display options. I don't usually buy figures in that pose but she's pretty unique.

I like that Erza figure, but she has the same issue as those Walkure Romanze figures. She forgot to put most of her armor on. Unfortunately underwear just doesn't have the same DEF stats.
Oh nice, I figured it was that one. I wasn't sure if it was her or one of the musical ones you PM'd me a while back, haha.

As for the lack of armor on Erza, I can agree. She's such a badass in the anime/manga, it'd be nice to have her in a more respectable armor. That being said, she's also used for a lot of fan-service as well, so I can see why they chose this armor. I can't really fault them for it. A few of her requips are scantily-clad, so I guess this is one of them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
That being said, she's also used for a lot of fan-service as well, so I can see why they chose this armor. I can't really fault them for it. A few of her requips are scantily-clad, so I guess this is one of them.

Yeah, but did you look at her price? I wouldn't pay that much for anything less than fully-armored.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Olga Discordia (Binding) just went up for pre-order on Native's online store. She's just under 28k yen, but also a 1/4 scale. And a dark elf. A sexy dark elf.

...Damn it.

Time to pre-order her this evening.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Olga Discordia (Binding) just went up for pre-order on Native's online store. She's just under 28k yen, but also a 1/4 scale. And a dark elf. A sexy dark elf.

...Damn it.

I generally don't buy 1/4, but she doesn't seem to be too tall because of the pose. I absolutely wish she was 1/6 though, because that price is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I generally don't buy 1/4, but she doesn't seem to be too tall because of the pose. I absolutely wish she was 1/6 though, because that price is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.
The price doesn't surprised me too much, since it's 1/4 scale and from Binding (all of their figures generally fall within that price-range). She looks to be well worth the price of admission though, the sculpt is beautiful, as is the paint work. At least we have until April of next year to prepare ourselves.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the Boku no Hero Academia Nendos are getting reissued finally. Rejoice, for those that waited patiently .

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Their pre-orders are also closed in most shops now.

I got mine. :D

It's really weird because there was like zero prior announcement. I just happened to check GSC's homepage randomly and saw Bakugo and Deku Nendos on the new product announcement list, then they went up like 20 minutes later. Crazy. I guess the demand is still super-high.

Oct 25, 2017
am now actually strongly considering ordering that Fairy Tail figure but it's the same month as Pyra. Not sure my wallet can handle it.

chances that pyra get delayed?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

...Damn it.

She looks pretty great, yeah. Not a figure I'm willing to pay ¥25K for, but I'd rather shell it out for her than for that Alter Jeanne.

Speaking of which, did you end up pre-ordering her as well? Or were you able to resist the temptation of her smile?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
She looks amazing, but that's way too rich for my blood for a character I'm not deeply acquainted with.
Understandable, you really have to like a figure to spend as much as this. It wasn't easy for me, but given she's in so many of my strike-zones, I really couldn't resist. :/

She looks pretty great, yeah. Not a figure I'm willing to pay ¥25K for, but I'd rather shell it out for her than for that Alter Jeanne.

Speaking of which, did you end up pre-ordering her as well? Or were you able to resist the temptation of her smile?
I managed to resist, for now. I can basically only order a handful of figures per year now, due to the increased costs of them, so I'm kind of waiting to see how I feel about her at a later date. She's really nice, but something is holding me back from making the pre-order. Any sort of hesitation is reason enough for me to resist, especially given the price of her.

We'll see how it goes.

Edit:

A few new images of 2B (Flare) have surfaced on Moeyo. I can't link here, since the website as a whole is NSFW, but a simple Google search should help you find it.

Man, I am NOT looking forward to her price. >_<

Last edited:

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
A few new images of 2B (Flare) have surfaced on Moeyo. I can't link here, since the website as a whole is NSFW, but a simple Google search should help you find it.

Neither am I. She looks big, it's Flare, and it's a Square Enix IP. She won't be less than 25k, I'll bet on that. Highway robbery at that price, nevermind higher, but my will holds no strength against 2B.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Edit:

It must be bad if she's been painted for this long and still hasn't gone up for pre-order.

Neither am I. She looks big, it's Flare, and it's a Square Enix IP. She won't be less than 25k, I'll bet on that. Highway robbery at that price, nevermind higher, but my will holds no strength against 2B.

Wasn't Flare's Bayonetta huge and super expensive?

Metaldeer

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got Alter Gwendolyn today. Holy shit was she annoying to put together.
While she's very pretty, and I won't be returning her or anything like that, I can't say I'm overly impressed with Alter. It's not really noticeable, but parts of her spear and the metallic bits of her outfit are weathered, and I'm not entirely sure if it's supposed to be intentional? Also, there's pretty big mark on the back of one of her greaves. Pretty disappointing, but I can ignore it.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought my interest in figures was waning and then this shit comes out of nowhere. looks gorgeous.
FIGURE-041593_02.jpg

Finally got Alter Gwendolyn today. Holy shit was she annoying to put together.

While she's very pretty, and I won't be returning her or anything like that, I can't say I'm overly impressed with Alter. It's not really noticeable, but parts of her spear and the metallic bits of her outfit are weathered, and I'm not entirely sure if it's supposed to be intentional? Also, there's pretty big mark on the back of one of her greaves. Pretty disappointing, but I can ignore it.

her face looks really cute. I have the old Alter one and am waiting for the upcoming Flare one. The Aquamarine has some interesting elements but the pose was just too weird for me.

Metaldeer

Oct 28, 2017
her face looks really cute. I have the old Alter one and am waiting for the upcoming Flare one. The Aquamarine has some interesting elements but the pose was just too weird for me.
That's the one that's based off of the art or where she's diving but looking upwards, right? Yeah, I try to stay away from figures that only look good from one very specific angle. The colors and detail on her wings are really nice, though.

Also, one good Gwendolyn figure is enough, for once - With the exception of Flare Gwendolyn, because that one is actually different.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the one that's based off of the art or where she's diving but looking upwards, right? Yeah, I try to stay away from figures that only look good from one very specific angle. The colors and detail on her wings are really nice, though.

Also, one good Gwendolyn figure is enough, for once - With the exception of Flare Gwendolyn, because that one is actually different.

yeah agreed on all counts. I've inevitably found that figures which only look good from one angle make reorganizing my display a huge pain and just aren't worth it usually.

Yeah, she popped up on BigBadToyStore the other day. I've never heard of the manufacturer, though.
looks like they're associated with meythos who did like some alice and wonderland looking stuff or something a while back and a Dangan Ronpa figure? They're a chinese company.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
yeah agreed on all counts. I've inevitably found that figures which only look good from one angle make reorganizing my display a huge pain and just aren't worth it usually.

looks like they're associated with meythos who did like some alice and wonderland looking stuff or something a while back and a Dangan Ronpa figure? They're a chinese company.

Oh yeah, I remember that line. Some nice pieces came out of it...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It must be bad if she's been painted for this long and still hasn't gone up for pre-order.
Yeah, I'm surprised pre-orders haven't opened yet. I was expecting them a while back, and definitely around the time WonFes ended. Nothing yet. Maybe next week? It can't be much longer.

Is it actually known now whether there are 2 different versions of the 2B figure or whether it's basically a cast-off?
It's not known, and it scares me. It sounds like they're doing two versions, which is stupid, given how easy cast-off would be (it's just her skirt). If they do choose to do two versions, as much as I love fanservice, I'll be going with the skirt version, as it's her default look. Ideally I'll get both display options, but if not, that's how it'll go.

Given her likely insane price, I'm going to be pretty upset if they don't just make one version and have it cast-off. There's no reason for them not to, aside from encouraging fans to buy the two versions just so they can display her both ways.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I managed to resist, for now. I can basically only order a handful of figures per year now, due to the increased costs of them, so I'm kind of waiting to see how I feel about her at a later date. She's really nice, but something is holding me back from making the pre-order. Any sort of hesitation is reason enough for me to resist, especially given the price of her.

We'll see how it goes.
Yeah with those prices you have to be absolutely sure you want them. I can see myself gamble on a ¥10.000 price tag every now and then, but not ¥25.000.