• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Mythra figure is so good, I kind of regret not getting Pyra, but it was so expensive I talked myself into only getting one of the two. Sigh. Regrets. It will be a while before they ever reprint Pyra, if ever?

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Your post just reminded me that Asmus is making a 1/6 DMC5 Nero. Based on reception to their previous DMC stuff it will probably be good.

Asmus-DMC5-Nero-007.jpg

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You don't think it's likely they will?
Re-releases are still relatively rare for scales, even for popular high aftermarket demand figures. You can always hope, but there's never a guarantee.

They'll probably do one eventually, I think. When aftermarket prices get too bananas. I mean, they reissued their Kino figure, even if it did take twelve years.

Where's a re-issue on Max Factory Morrigan, eh?

Ertai

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if there's something up with EMS shipping? Figure got shipped on the 20th and the latest update on the tracking system shows "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" which is dated the 22nd and after that it's nothing. Does the tracking tend to be wonky with them? This is shipping from Japan to Netherlands btw.

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there's something up with EMS shipping? Figure got shipped on the 20th and the latest update on the tracking system shows "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" which is dated the 22nd and after that it's nothing. Does the tracking tend to be wonky with them? This is shipping from Japan to Netherlands btw.
Try entering the tracking number in your local postal service. Sometimes the updates from the destination country don't make their way back to the Japan Post system in a timely fashion.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They seem very detailed, so 13k would be okay for me (I'd only get one of them though)

Ertai

Oct 28, 2017
Try entering the tracking number in your local postal service. Sometimes the updates from the destination country don't make their way back to the Japan Post system in a timely fashion.

Nothing there either at this point. I'll wait a bit longer because i did read seomething on amiami's site that EMS has shipping delays so if there's been no update over the weekend i'll contact them.

Thanks!

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
I was kinda interested in that hiten figure that just went up for preorder, but I'm disappointed it turned out to be a castoff (I don't know why I expected otherwise, given the manufacturer) since the clothes have a very noticeable seam. I don't have experience with that kind of figures but I'm guessing the seams would be even more prominent in the final product, right?

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Oh God, what started as a joke between me and some of my friends has now culminated with me spending around $100 on figures for a single character.

So basically originally for my 21st birthday, I wanted to do a drunk Love Live marathon. I thought that it would be hilarious, and all my friends agreed. However, my friends and I could only do the first season before it started to get ungodly late, so a couple months later, we went through season 2 of the original series. What I did not expect was that I was actually beginning to unironically enjoy the series. As such we also watched the movie as well as the beginning of Sunshine. While I felt that Sunshine was definitely not as good as the original series, over time I began to realize that it had one element that resonated with me: Ruby Kurosawa, who instantly became my favorite of the entire cast (I found her cute demeanor and 'do my Rubesty' attitude incredibly endearing). However, we never got around to watching Sunshine season 2. As such, I decided to come back up and pay my friends a surprise visit for the weekend and visit a local convention at the same time. Of course, I also found this to be an excellent opportunity to give closure to the ongoing Love Live saga.

While at the con, I came in with the intention of possibly getting a few pieces of merch ranging from bluray, manga, maybe a poster or two, probably not any figures as I had always found them to be a tad overpriced (the only one I really had was a Wolf Link Amiibo that I'm letting grow in value). The only figures I was planning on getting was for my personal android girl holy trinity (2B, Aigis, and Noel Vermillion). Long story short, I could only find a D-Arts Noel (going for around $35, which is roughly MSRP), so I scooped that up. At this point, I was like okay, I can't find any 2B or Aigis figures, guess I'll move on. However, then I spotted a collection of Nendoroids containing most of the Love Live Sunshine cast with one glaring omisssion: Woobz. As such, it became my mission to see if I could find this figure. And then, I finally saw one sitting in the corner of a booth. Without a second thought, I scooped it up and bought it immediately (it was also comparatively priced with the rest of the Nendoroids there at around $55).

At this point, I was completely satisfied if a little ashamed in myself... until I looked online to see that it was going for $90-$100 on Ebay, almost double what I paid for it, making her the rarest and most valuable of the entire LL cast. I had no idea how lucky I just got. Then I realized that I may need to get a second Ruby figure if I want to display her. I searched around and found a few more Ruby figures, but I was unsure of which one to get, if I should get another one to begin with. I would've hated myself if I didn't pick up another Ruby figure. However, I think my moment of peak degeneracy came when I saw someone else come to pick up a few Love Live Honoka figures from the same booth, even inspecting the price of one of the Ruby figures I was looking at. Without hesitating, I picked up the figure, actually cut the dude in line, and finalized the purchase. Granted it was only like $35, so not the most high quality thing you would find, but it was 8 inches tall and looked pretty cute. At this point, reality began to set in that I just spent close to $100 in merch that I wasn't even intending to pick up in the first place.

So then I was able to set of a miniature Ruby shrine for the final Love Live marathon. All in all, I did have a pretty fun weekend and I was glad I got to go to many cool panels and events and that I got to see many of my friends again before we graduate from college. Now I'm back home and I'm still contemplating what to do with this Ruby Nendoroid as I realize that I may be stuck in this plastic hell forever.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
So then I was able to set of a miniature Ruby shrine for the final Love Live marathon. All in all, I did have a pretty fun weekend and I was glad I got to go to many cool panels and events and that I got to see many of my friends again before we graduate from college. Now I'm back home and I'm still contemplating what to do with this Ruby Nendoroid as I realize that I may be stuck in this plastic hell forever.

Time to get all 9!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That new Megumin figure looks so good.

Too bad I already bought the Megumin/Aqua combo from a while back.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Now that I have entered figure hell, what would be some good tips for someone just starting out? What is the frequency in which you guys get figures, and how much do you normally spend annually on them? Anything else I should know? Do you guys normally keep the boxes in the event y'all move or something?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have entered figure hell, what would be some good tips for someone just starting out? What is the frequency in which you guys get figures, and how much do you normally spend annually on them? Anything else I should know? Do you guys normally keep the boxes in the event y'all move or something?

If you're just starting out, never ever ever impulse buy anything. It's a trap a lot of people fall into at the start to build up a collection quickly, and it's a regret a lot of us have. Weigh your purchases carefully on whether you're a fan of the source material. Don't buy the figure just because it looks cool. There are plenty of those out there. If you see something you really like, I'll usually mull it over for a few days to a week before putting a pre-order in. Very few things sell out immediately anymore.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mildly proud of myself for backing down and not grabbing Bishoujo Ash lately. Was like "maaaaan, I really love Bishoujo Jason, so do I want another in the horror line?" But I checked an in-depth look at it... and it pointed out the way the mouth looks, which I hadn't noticed and doesn't really work for me. And so, I was picky and passed!

Though getting into the Capcom Figure Builder Creator's Model stuff has took a mighty blow to my space. They're pretty darn big and now I have like 5 of them with 2 more coming. :/

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mildly proud of myself for backing down and not grabbing Bishoujo Ash lately. Was like "maaaaan, I really love Bishoujo Jason, so do I want another in the horror line?" But I checked an in-depth look at it... and it pointed out the way the mouth looks, which I hadn't noticed and doesn't really work for me. And so, I was picky and passed!
You fucked up. Bishoujo Jason is fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017

Personally, I mostly bought 2nd hand or discounted figures from Amazon Japan using a re-shipping service or from Amiami. Japanese collectors usually take very good care of their figures, and aside from a little dust most of them are as good as new ones. I did end up with a dud once, but hey it's ok.

I don't preorder or buy new figures that often, but sometimes a really nice one shows up that makes me go "I hafta have it!" and out comes the credit card. This happens every 4 or 5 months or so.

Also, I used to keep the figures in their boxes but after a while I realised that figures needed to be displayed and appreciated, not boxed up and hidden out of sight. So... I open them all up now. The plastic packaging gets tossed and the cardboard box gets flattened. Also, I'm a photography hobbyist, so having the figures outside of their boxes gives me an opportunity to level up my camera skills hahaha.

Bonus pic for you, since you mentioned liking Noel Vermillion. :D

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Beware of pirated Nendoroids or scale figures. There are plenty of these all over the place and sometimes its not immediately obvious when you're looking at the figure through the packaging.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Not really a figure (though it does have some PVC parts if it helps :)), but I just got this in. It's really a breathtaking piece.

8laW5Rl.jpg

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, trying to cut down on my bit on my figure purchasing (actually just asked Amiami to cancel one for the first time ever, hopefully that goes smoothly), buuuuut...

Just saw this:
https:///wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Pokemon_Eevee_Friends_Statue-1024x576.jpg

The GEM EX line is nice, yeah? And I'd assume so just by looking, but to confirm since I've had some bad luck with a few figures not coming that way and realized it's a big pet peeve for me: those should totally be attached to that base, right? Wouldn't want something where I have to loosely place them on without any connecting bits, as that apparently drives me kind of nuts.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh crap, trying to cut down on my bit on my figure purchasing (actually just asked Amiami to cancel one for the first time ever, hopefully that goes smoothly), buuuuut...

Just saw this:
https:///wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Pokemon_Eevee_Friends_Statue-1024x576.jpg

The GEM EX line is nice, yeah? And I'd assume so just by looking, but to confirm since I've had some bad luck with a few figures not coming that way and realized it's a big pet peeve for me: those should totally be attached to that base, right? Wouldn't want something where I have to loosely place them on without any connecting bits, as that apparently drives me kind of nuts.

I own all of the Digimon and Pokemon GEMs and I love them... They basically own my wallet, but the quality and detail is some of the best I've seen. It's not shaded/stylized like the Kotobukiya ones though, but that's more because they are basing it on the original Sugimori style.

(I saw this was up and pre-ordered mine >_>)

Last edited:

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
Months after running out of room, I finally bought another shelf to reorganize my collection. Which means I just now got a chance to take some stuff out of their shipping boxes.
SigmaCloud1554491328.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for advice on boxes and packaging. I always like keeping the original packaging for just about anything one might consider to be collectible but with hundreds of figures and several very large ones the box storage is getting to be a bit much. I have an entire large closet and a half spilling into an extra room full of empty figure boxes.

What does everyone here do with their figure boxes? I was considering an idea I saw once which was cutting the front and back and putting it into an album...

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for advice on boxes and packaging. I always like keeping the original packaging for just about anything one might consider to be collectible but with hundreds of figures and several very large ones the box storage is getting to be a bit much. I have an entire large closet and a half spilling into an extra room full of empty figure boxes.

What does everyone here do with their figure boxes? I was considering an idea I saw once which was cutting the front and back and putting it into an album...
I deal with it or trim the fat from my collection. I don't buy figures planning to sell them down the road, but I never know when the need might arise and not having the box basically kills any resale value. Not to mention the idea of moving my collection to a new place with no boxes makes me break out in a cold sweat.

I'm just glad I'm not in the 1/4 or 1/3 game.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I'm currently moving out. I didn't have the space to store my boxes so I'm bubble wrapping each figure individually.

It's a nightmare.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Ahh, just noticed today that bbts sent an email last night for a new Broly figure with 3 forms. Already sold out when I checked though :(
a1739a7a-e8c3-4f34-970f-1bd4209885d3.jpg
0ae8d922-3638-4f66-a595-218d412d8065.jpg
d6e633e7-ebcd-48f6-ad21-829062b82a01.jpg