• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
bishoujo Michael Myers came in today. Hoping they announce more entries for the horror bishoujo line soon.

Freezasaurus1556911673.jpeg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
bishoujo Michael Myers came in today. Hoping they announce more entries for the horror bishoujo line soon.
How'd you get the knife in Chucky's hand? Mine is so tight that I snapped the knife at the base of the blade trying to get it in. I can glue it together but it'll take some sort of magic for me to get it slotted in properly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
How'd you get the knife in Chucky's hand? Mine is so tight that I snapped the knife at the base of the blade trying to get it in. I can glue it together but it'll take some sort of magic for me to get it slotted in properly.

I don't remember it being that difficult. I think I just wobbled it back and forth as I pushed it through the hand.

The knife, I mean. Not anything else.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I've slightly fallen back down the rabbit hole when I bought Orchid Seed Dragon's Crown Sorceress. After that I decided to get all three of the Alter Muramasa figures, put a preorder in for two of the most recent Seven Heavenly Virtues, and Flare's 2B figure. There's also stuff like the new Bishoujos, a couple of Persona 5 figs, and Max Factory's KOS-MOS to look forward to. Knowing the companies though, I feel like some of those won't even ship until 2021 though so it should be decently spaced out.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Picked up some new stuff this week from my local retailer.

TBV9llk.jpg

Ohohoho...I'm really liking the new Power Ranger Lightning Collection, my younger self is tickled fancy by Zedd and Tommy especially. Great Detail and posing range, looking forward to future stuff.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm searching for that glove with all the gems from Avengers but can't find a proper one
The Infinity Gauntlet? There are plenty of versions depending on how big you want it and how much you want to spend. Hot Toys did make a 1:1 scale version for like $900. They also put out a 1:4 version for about $100. But if you want something more functional than just a display piece, the Hasbro Marvel Legends version is pretty good and has some articulation in the fingers.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
The Infinity Gauntlet? There are plenty of versions depending on how big you want it and how much you want to spend. Hot Toys did make a 1:1 scale version for like $900. They also put out a 1:4 version for about $100. But if you want something more functional than just a display piece, the Hasbro Marvel Legends version is pretty good and has some articulation in the fingers.
I'd like to see both versions if you can give me a link please

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Is there any way to get Mythra under 500? I missed out as I was dealing with a lot of life issues and would like to get her (I already have Pyra).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Pray to Figure Jesus that Good Smile Company does a re-release around the time Kos-Mos gets released.
Speaking of re-releases, is Kotobukiya trying to re-release every figure they ever made? Now they're re-releasing their 1/6 Ayanami Rei that last came out in 2012. They've been putting a lot of old figures back up for sale in recent months.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Much to the dismay of scalpers and collectors who want their stuff to be limited.
I dunno, man. I feel like the industry is a sinking ship and everyone is trying to capitalize on what they can. Some companies just aren't producing new scales at the same quantity as before, some companies decided to pull out the old molds.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of re-releases, is Kotobukiya trying to re-release every figure they ever made? Now they're re-releasing their 1/6 Ayanami Rei that last came out in 2012. They've been putting a lot of old figures back up for sale in recent months.
Maybe they need to fill out their line up? Not sure. Wouldn't surprise me if people en masse aren't buying figures as much as they used to though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they need to fill out their line up? Not sure. Wouldn't surprise me if people en masse aren't buying figures as much as they used to though.
oh, I'm sure that's absolutely the case. Kotobukiya has been pretty good about keeping their pricing somewhat in control, but the industry as a whole has gotten out of hand. Many people have been priced out of the hobby. If you noticed at this past WonFes, GSC did not have a whole lot of new scales to show off, and opted instead to go full-ahead on Nendoroids, which is sensible if scales aren't selling as well.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, man. I feel like the industry is a sinking ship and everyone is trying to capitalize on what they can. Some companies just aren't producing new scales at the same quantity as before, some companies decided to pull out the old molds.

Bandai figured out the secret to keeping a hype cycle going with their Metal Build and DX chogokin lines, treating them like how Nike treats limited shoes by releasing extremely limited quantities to constantly keep demand up and make the old stuff keep their value. Wonder if that's the future for this hobby.

Someone is selling me all of these for $100. Worth?

aXPanX3.jpg

I don't know EVA stuff but most of them seem like prize figures? Not the sort of thing that keeps their value. Also, due you really want that many what's her name figures?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know EVA stuff but most of them seem like prize figures? Not the sort of thing that keeps their value. Also, due you really want that many what's her name figures?

I'm not really familiar with what kind of figures they are since I'm kinda new to the hobby. Nah I don't want her. I was looking to sell the stuff piecemeal since the seller is in a rush. I needed to fund this hobby. Thanks for the information. Guess I won't buy it then.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really familiar with what kind of figures they are since I'm kinda new to the hobby. Nah I don't want her. I was looking to sell the stuff piecemeal since the seller is in a rush. I needed to fund this hobby. Thanks for the information. Guess I won't buy it then.
Yeah, if you were a big Rei fan and could get all that from one place for that price I'd say yeah. If you're just using it to resell it's more work than it's worth cause most of those dinky little figures are gonna have to be sold individually and for low prices.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Got Nendoroid Arawn in today along with other stuff (Hello Bishoujo Michael Myers).
My oldest Nendo purchase in a while at #79 in the line and it's always striking opening these dudes up. The stand is well known to be tedious and worthless, but what's really getting me right now is the way they sectioned off his accessories and alternate parts. Nowadays they do a plastic cover inside the two exterior plastic cases or a piece of tape over a thin weapon. That kind of thing.
Here it's just... All together as the front of the box and it slots into the back making it a bitch to open without sending the pieces rattling around all over.

And he has a sword that actually slots into the provided sheath! That never happens anymore and I have the experience of over 30 sword boy nendos to back me up.
Doesn't help that it reeks of plasticizers and he's gonna need a soap bath cause he's all "old figure who's been sealed in a box" sticky.

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Figma are losing value.
the original Saber Lily went for $100 about 5+ years ago, $40 now
Kyon used to go for $80+, $50 now.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They're way less popular than they used to be. I had no clue what figmas were even releasing soon so I checked last night and it's mostly Persona and Fate stuff. Much less variety and franchise representation than there used to be, especially compared to the Nendoroid line.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just figma. Browsing AmiAmi pre-owned should let you know the market is in a downturn.
She looks pretty good although there's something about the face that looks...off? Surprised they revealed her before Karin though. Drill hair might be giving them trouble.
She looks good. Better than that silly pose on the first Sakura bishoujo, but why are they still sticking with the schoolgirl costume?

Oct 25, 2017
They're way less popular than they used to be. I had no clue what figmas were even releasing soon so I checked last night and it's mostly Persona and Fate stuff. Much less variety and franchise representation than there used to be, especially compared to the Nendoroid line.
It's not just figma. Browsing AmiAmi pre-owned should let you know the market is in a downturn.

She looks good. Better than that silly pose on the first Sakura bishoujo, but why are they still sticking with the schoolgirl costume?

Im about to move states so im checking what a bunch of my stuff goes for and literally a "rare" Jill Valentine statue, Play Arts DMC4 Dante and some Star Wars stuff is the only things that have retained or increased in value.

A Link Between Worlds Figma Link doesn't even go for the price it cost at release, brand new

Crazy,
I wonder if I sell my Bakemonogatari and Sword Art Figma if I should bundle them or sell them separate.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Figure collecting hasn't been high on my collecting priorities (I have several...) but good news at least for people like me that missed out on some old stuff! Didn't started getting Nendos/Figmas/D-Arts (when they were called that) until later in the game, but been wanting to track down some old ones, CIB at some point.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Figure collecting hasn't been high on my collecting priorities (I have several...) but good news at least for people like me that missed out on some old stuff! Didn't started getting Nendos/Figmas/D-Arts (when they were called that) until later in the game, but been wanting to track down some old ones, CIB at some point.
Yeah, I mean.. I order much less than I used to, but I'm still a little frustrated that I have more on order than I would prefer. A good third of what I have pre-ordered is just My Hero Academia figures. It's not like I'm ordering stuff from franchises I'm not familiar with or don't enjoy. It's all stuff I like. But I'm still a little mad at myself.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno but it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually get a SFV version of her somewhere down the road. Was thinking maybe a ComicCon exclusive but that'd be way too much rework just for that. Most CC exclusives are just repaints if remember correctly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno but it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually get a SFV version of her somewhere down the road. Was thinking maybe a ComicCon exclusive but that'd be way too much rework just for that. Most CC exclusives are just repaints if remember correctly.
Not really. They're mostly slight resculpts. A different face and a slightly different pose. Maybe a different outfit like Sakura in gym clothes.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first F4F figure in.
oskEG9z.png

It's only slightly bigger than the Neca one, but significantly heavier. It looks nice, but I think I still prefer the look and posability of the Neca Spyro.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The pose is easily the best thing about the first Sakura bishoujo. It actually stays true to her moveset. I wish more figures had dynamic poses like that.

As for the new figure... I think her face and hair look pretty bad honestly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just discovered that my Mara Jade bishoujo is complete. I thought I lost her goggles, but they were elsewhere in the package.

Not that I want to sell her or anything, but I'm glad she's not missing any parts.