• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Picked up Alter's Tales of Zestiria Edna at about 10.000 Yen. Really happy with that price :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The face on that new Zero Two figure by Max Factory...yikes. I guess with what she's displayed wearing, they're hoping you don't look at her face. But even still...ouch.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I googled it, nsfw. Tbh, I think that faces makes it nsfw even if she was wearing clothes...
Mlp5kiI.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely cheaper. I spent just under 1100 SQ and didn't get him. I still cry. At least it was free SQ.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. That's a bigger waste of money than figures.
If I spent, absolutely. Thankfully it was all earned in-game, haha. It's why I only spend on the guaranteed banners.

In any other game, you'd probably be able to "spark" a character of your choosing with that many pulls, or at least be guaranteed the banner character. Not here, unfortunately. Thankfully luck made it up to me and I got Kiara early on with a free ticket, so it kind of balanced out in the end. I'm still going to try when Merlin returns later this year. It can't go worse, that's for sure.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question for the community.

Was there a figure line that you missed out on that made you wish you started collecting a bit earlier?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, it would have been Black ★ Rock Shooter. A mostly nothing franchise, but man some of the character designs were wicked.

117498.jpg
56604.jpg

41779.jpg
27627.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Was there a figure line that you missed out on that made you wish you started collecting a bit earlier?

For me, it would have been Black ★ Rock Shooter. A mostly nothing franchise, but man some of the character designs were wicked.

56604.jpg
This Strength Scale is a low key grail of mine. She pops up occasionally and always reasonable at like $80 but just never at the right time. Strength is probably my top character design of all time.

I wish I'd started collecting Tales series scales much earlier as I'm priced out of most of them at this point.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Black Rock Shooter for sure. Almost bought a Figma at a con (I think the one based off the tv show) but deemed it "too tiny" to collect... Now they are all expensive and I have no interest/space for big figures/statues.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
My grails are all random garage kits so I guess for an actual figure line...it'd have to be Black Rock Shooter as well.

Love the character designs, enjoyed the anime/ova, played the game, etc.

The figures are out of my budget right now however.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

117498.jpg
56604.jpg

41779.jpg
27627.jpg
Oddly enough, BRS were among the figures I first started collecting when I got into this hobby, haha. I believe the very first two figures I ordered from AmiAmi were Black Rock Shooter and Dead Master. I never did collect the other two, but I did grab Insane BRS. She demands a lot of space, but it's worth it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough, BRS were among the figures I first started collecting when I got into this hobby, haha. I believe the very first two figures I ordered from AmiAmi were Black Rock Shooter and Dead Master. I never did collect the other two, but I did grab Insane BRS. She demands a lot of space, but it's worth it.
Nippon-Yasan has most of them in-stock, but they're asking 2019 MSRP-style prices.

L M A O

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nippon-Yasan has most of them in-stock, but they're asking 2019 MSRP-style prices.

L M A O
I'd be wary about spending that much for an old figure, after the whole "counterfeit debacle" from them. Ganted I rarely use them as is, just for the odd SkyTube/Orchid Seed/Amakuni exclusive that aren't available from regular retail stores. Thankfully Native ships overseas now, so I can grab my Native/Rocket Boy/etc. figures from them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be wary about spending that much for an old figure, after the whole "counterfeit debacle" from them. Ganted I rarely use them as is, just for the odd SkyTube/Orchid Seed/Amakuni exclusive that aren't available from regular retail stores. Thankfully Native ships overseas now, so I can grab my Native/Rocket Boy/etc. figures from them.
Nah, I rarely use N-Y for anything but exclusives. Nor would I spend that much on older figures. I'm trying to downsize my collection.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017

117498.jpg
56604.jpg

41779.jpg
27627.jpg
Nah not an entire series thank goodness. I've had to overpay for a handful of figures that I wanted badly but got in to late to get them at reasonable prices, but that's about it.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I suppose anything will keep this thread going at this point so...I wasn't able to find the blue Mako figure(and even if I did she'd be expensive+polystone).

However, I found this gachapon set for less than $2, there are 3 other cars, but they don't fit the theme.

G7mO7RK.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
In a weird twist of "mentioning something on the internet makes it come to fruition" AmiAmi got in that Strength scale pre-owned and finally in A condition rather than C for only 7.3k so I guess that's my 6-year wishlist item checked off.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Capcom Figure Builder Creator's Model line. Ended up overpaying a bit for Glavenus and Mizutsune because I REALLY needed them, and with Gore Magala and Brachydios, they're so insanely expensive that I need a reprint to happen if I ever want them. Love me some Monster Hunter.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised no one was talking about the showcase today. Stuff that looks neat:
Everything got posted in the LINE chat. :)

MegaHouse seems to be going bananas with the Gundam figures again.

846065.jpg

846062.jpg

Siona1558752937.jpeg

Amakuni wasting no time:
846053.jpg

And Kotobukiya is finally making another Kakegurui girl.
805827.jpg

oh, and MegaHouse is making this guy:
846085.jpg

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll still using LINE? I remember hanging there for a bit when the old community got nuked but had to bail out because HOLY SHIT IT MOVED SO FAST.