• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is wondering the deluxe Splatoon Figma are possibly the best figma I've seen, really nice.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
WonFes Shanghai had some nice Nendos on show.
Uraraka from MHA, Snape and Malfoy from Harry Potter, new Bang Dream stuff, and Hunter X Hunter Nendos too!
The HXH ones look great except for Gon who's face looks off. Hopefully it's fixed in the production model!

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Hey era!

I posted this question in the action figure thread but wanted to post here as well.

I'm currently in Japan and am curious to know good shops for statues/figures of historical ninja and samurai. Any good shops to go to? Also Iove Godzilla as well. If there are any good Japan exclusive ones, I would love to try and get one! I am in Tokyo but will also go to hakone, kyoto, Hiroshima, and Osaka.

Also interested in marvel but I asked that question in the action figure thread and I'm sure I will get some advice there.

Thanks!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can audibly hear the "OH-HOHOHO!" just looking at the figure. She looks nice.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta dust my shelves soon. Nothing but scales, but two detolfs and a billy bookcase ain't no joke. It's time for Windex too, so I'm not looking forward to it.
I windexed all the glass and my risers as well. That wasn't bad, just the emptying and dusting. Not looking forward to detolf #2 or the eventual #3 that I'm starting to need badly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I windexed all the glass and my risers as well. That wasn't bad, just the emptying and dusting. Not looking forward to detolf #2 or the eventual #3 that I'm starting to need badly.
I'm keeping my displays as is for now. I just swap out some figures now and again. Though I may add another display case at some point in the future, I'm happy with the current setup.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I dunno how many Jurassic Park fans there are here, but Mattel has just revealed their SDCC 2019 John Hammond exclusive

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Qasiel

Dutch-Linn-2pk3-1024x683.jpg

NECA-Av-P-Arcade-Aliens-014-928x483.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've been collecting Nendoroids for 5 years and two months now and just surpassed 100 of these little fuckers.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm not sure if this should go in the action figure thread or not, so forgive me. Just getting into collecting figures, and I was wondering if the Square Enix figures are worth the prices they put on them.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Darn... would love a Groot/Rocket (or just Rocket on his own) but looks like he only cones with Winter Soldier DX...

FIGURE-049895_02.jpg

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Kinda sad. Didn't order Ban's bunny girl because I had his other figure pre-ordered and they were supposed to both come out this month. One got delayed and bunny girl is not pre-orderable anymore

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad. Didn't order Ban's bunny girl because I had his other figure pre-ordered and they were supposed to both come out this month. One got delayed and bunny girl is not pre-orderable anymore
Basically my situation except I did also order the one from Q-Six. I got the dark-skinned version. Considering selling it just because 1/5 is such a weird scale. I have to see how it looks next to 1/6 figures when I have her in-hand.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Tae Takemi by Amakuni is up for pre-order. ¥16.300 for a 1/7, 16 cm figure. Tae is great, but I am not sure about that price.

Erina Nakiri (bunny version, FREEing) can also be pre-ordered. ¥21.000... but she is 1/4 and 45 cm high. Tempting, to say the least. She won't be released before May 2020, so there's plenty of time to save up if I do decide to pre-order.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Tae Takemi by Amakuni is up for pre-order. ¥16.300 for a 1/7, 16 cm figure. Tae is great, but I am not sure about that price.

Erina Nakiri (bunny version, FREEing) can also be pre-ordered. ¥21.000... but she is 1/4 and 45 cm high. Tempting, to say the least. She won't be released before May 2020, so there's plenty of time to save up if I do decide to pre-order.
I didn't know Tae was exclusive. I try to keep my orders from NY down to a minimum.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have a Billy display setup? I'm planning on setting up a few Billys, but not sure what to do about the front -- I want to protect it with glass, but the doors that Ikea has are kind of awful, they both kind of split the bookshelf down the middle vertically :(

Edit: Pre-ordered Tae!

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a Billy display setup? I'm planning on setting up a few Billys, but not sure what to do about the front -- I want to protect it with glass, but the doors that Ikea has are kind of awful, they both kind of split the bookshelf down the middle vertically :(
I just have the one and a few detolfs. Yeah, the split down the middle between the doors is kind of annoying, but I can work around it in most cases. You can easily position three to four figures within the viewable area of the glass by alternating figures toward the front or back, so long as you're working with 1/8 or 1/7. If you're displaying 1/6, you're probably only going to get six per shelf, max. And that's depending on pose and base size. Overall, I like it. But I don't think I'd buy more than one just because detolfs provide much more in the way of viewable angles.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, Detolfs provide the depth and angles, while the Billy provides the horizontal space to display a series of figures side by side, the downside to the Billy being the dust protection , the downside to the Detolfs being the limited capacity per shelf.

The tradeoffs make both good and bad options! Bah!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, Detolfs provide the depth and angles, while the Billy provides the horizontal space to display a series of figures side by side, the downside to the Billy being the dust protection , the downside to the Detolfs being the limited capacity per shelf.

The tradeoffs make both good and bad options! Bah!
I mean, with the glass doors, the billy still doesn't accumulate that much dust. I just finished dusting out my cabinets yesterday and today, and only maybe half a dozen figures from the billy had any noticeable dust buildup.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, with the glass doors, the billy still doesn't accumulate that much dust. I just finished dusting out my cabinets yesterday and today, and only maybe half a dozen figures from the billy had any noticeable dust buildup.
I was wondering if it was possible to mod those doors, and remove the inner metal frame to expose the underlying glass so that there wouldn't be that middle separator.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Uh, no. The door is just a sheet of glass in a metal frame. This is what you're dealing with
Bugger... Looks like I'll have to deal with it, or think of another solution... Possibly building my own sliding-glass-door mechanism.

I'm planning to have a wall of Billys and a wall of Detolfs... The Detolfs should be easy, as they're pretty much set for display.

Gonna be quite an undertaking. I've gotta first remove a baseboard heater that's on the Billy side, which I'll get done in the upcoming week hopefully.. Then repaint the walls and set up the displays. I'll have a kotatsu in the center of the room, and hopefully get some tatami mats as well for the floor.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bugger... Looks like I'll have to deal with it, or think of another solution... Possibly building my own sliding-glass-door mechanism.

I'm planning to have a wall of Billys and a wall of Detolfs... The Detolfs should be easy, as they're pretty much set for display.

Gonna be quite an undertaking. I've gotta first remove a baseboard heater that's on the Billy side, which I'll get done in the upcoming week hopefully.. Then repaint the walls and set up the displays. I'll have a kotatsu in the center of the room, and hopefully get some tatami mats as well for the floor.
That's pretty impressive. Should come out great!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know if my 1/4 scale Saber will fit in any of the cases...
how tall is she?

You've got about 11 3/4" between shelves in a billy, and a bit shy of 14" in a detolf.

Though all of the billy shelves are adjustable save for the middle one, which is part of the unit support structure.

Last edited:

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, she probably won't fit in a detolf or a billy then. The billy shelves are adjustable but her depth may be too much in any case.
Yea, think I might have to remove a shelf on a detolf, or have her on her own somwhere.

In other news, my Nero Claudius shipped! Free upgrade to EMS since they couldn't ship her via parcel :D

ed0321b61e214debbba72e01e1273d64.jpg