• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So what have been some solutions for heavier figures that don't break the bank. Namely, some First 4 Figures are well beyond detolf max shelf loads (I guess I can always put one on the wood base right?), and I really don't want to invest in a 400 dollar display case for 1-2 heavier figures.
The best solution is to not buy them in the first place. XD

Some people find it's cheaper to construct their own displays/shelving for the larger statues.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Well I was thinking of the Besta for something more heavy, even if it does have the border (apparently they used to be able to replace the front door with all glass?). I normally use Detolf for stuff but the max shelf load is apparently about 7.5 lbs. I don't know if that applies to the wooden base though. Some of the stuff I ordered is like... 16-20 pounds?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Well I was thinking of the Besta for something more heavy, even if it does have the border (apparently they used to be able to replace the front door with all glass?). I normally use Detolf for stuff but the max shelf load is apparently about 7.5 lbs. I don't know if that applies to the wooden base though. Some of the stuff I ordered is like... 16-20 pounds?
The depth seems to be an issue, too. Some of these statues are really big in all dimensions, so it's not a universal solution. And spending $115 per isn't cheap. But then again, if you're buying $500 statues....

BigBadToyStore is taking pre-orders on these. Which may help you more.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
i wish more of the persona 5 figmas/nendos were based off their school/normal outfits and not their phantom thief costumes

i would get the makoto nendoroid but her phantom thief outfit is too dull for a nendo

speaking of persona 5, my futaba nendo order should have been here yesterday if canada post didnt fuck up by sending it to brantford for some reason

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
The depth seems to be an issue, too. Some of these statues are really big in all dimensions, so it's not a universal solution. And spending $115 per isn't cheap. But then again, if you're buying $500 statues....

BigBadToyStore is taking pre-orders on these. Which may help you more.

Hmm I might be able to put multiple first 4 figures in that depending...

It's super frustrating. I've been collecting mostly nenderoids and small statues for years but now that I can more reasonably afford First 4 stuff, I suddenly have to factor in buying all new shelving units and figuring out space to put them. This is mondo all over again.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
So I got Pyra on the 31st. All is well with the world. Now, to save up for Mythra and wait for KOS-MOS.

(Click on the tweet to see more)

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if KOS-MOS is going to have a base that fits together with Pyra and Mythra or if she'll be standalone.

Impossible to know. I'd like them to at least make the base look similar, even if it doesn't -fit- with the other two.

I just hope it's not another year slog to wait for any info.

KOS-MOS is GOAT, but I can't help but feel that Pneuma is getting the short-end of the stick. And if they do plan to have a figure of her...it's already too much waiting.

Realistically, we're looking at 2019-2020 for KOS-MOS, and that's being optimistic. A potential Pneuma would be for 2021+.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Finally ordered Bishoujo Kamala Kahn. Great figure. One of the few Shunya pieces where I think the figure turned out better than the illustration.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-orders are now open for Batschlong

FIGURE-045436.jpg

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the best place for this, but I've got a $23 balance on my Sideshow account from a purchase I made about a decade ago (I'm amazed they've kept the money available for me that long).
Anyway, the money's been sitting there for ages and I'm never going to purchase anything else on the website, so I'd happily give the account away to anybody who's into that kind of stuff. I'll be waiting for your PMs.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
BBTS have added new items to their sale section and further discounted some the old ones. Might find some decent stuff.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha holy shit Gecco. $1200 for the Gantz hardsuit. It is 22" tall and made of a bunch of materials including polystone and resin, but still.

601062.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
If you're entering Prime 1 territory you better bring your A game. This...doesn't look like it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If you're entering Prime 1 territory you better bring your A game. This...doesn't look like it.
Gecco is the company that started charging $300 per 1/6, PVC figure when the other companies bumped up their prices a bit. Before that, Gecco was only in 12k¥ territory. Now they ask 30k for standard figures, 50-60k for taller figures like the Black Knight and Lord of Cinder, and apparently 100k+ for.....this.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I had the Red Nekomusume figure, DBG #18 ver 4, and Makoto Yuki figma all for this month. The #18 got delayed and Dva took it's place. Now Dva is delayed and now it's much more easy on the wallet . :D

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Really glad to have found this thread, didn't think this stuff got any love on era.

Is it cool to post recent buys as well, or is it more news-oriented? My last purchase was the F4F Spyro EX, really glad how it turned out, almost makes up for all the delays

p1500229-3.jpg