• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Currently cleaning all my figures. I never feel like doing it, but I was bored and felt this was the perfect opportunity. It is suprisingly serene to dismantle every figure as much as possible and give every piece a thorough cleaning. Especially when you have a Bob Ross stream running in the background. Shoot, I just use my one inch brush to dust off some happy big boobs and happy spikey hairs.

It might be too serene, though... I have been busy for 45 minutes now and only have 4 figures done.

The worst part is they will all be covered in dust again in two weeks, especially the bases.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH MegaHouse is finally doing a new Haman!

805405.jpg

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really? I thought the figure of his brother came put way better IMO. Can't wait to see which figure wins the MGDD award this time.
It did, but I don't remember if both were announced together or not.

Anyway, one was playable, the other wasn't, so I cared about one way more.

I only sold it since I was moving to Texas and was moving down from 3 detolfs and 4 shelves to just 3 detolfs. I still have the Alter Vesperia collection and Edna. Eizen's in the mail and I plan on getting Velvet (despite already having the Kotobukiya one).

Speaking of Tales, I still need to order the Yuri nendo.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I only sold it since I was moving to Texas and was moving down from 3 detolfs and 4 shelves to just 3 detolfs. I still have the Alter Vesperia collection and Edna. Eizen's in the mail and I plan on getting Velvet (despite already having the Kotobukiya one).

Speaking of Tales, I still need to order the Yuri nendo.
Not getting Alter's super-expensive Yuri scale w/Repede, huh?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I love Repede, but he's not worth it for that price.

Looking back on the MFC post that originated all of this, I mentioned that Alter's Tales series is great because its all quality figures for less than 10k.

How times have changed.
Alter especially has gone bananas with their pricing. Probably more than anyone else except Ques Q. It makes everyone more selective about what/how many figures people buy. But at worst, it prices some people out of the hobby completely.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Anybody know what to do against leaning aside from the hot/cold water treatment? My Nikumi figure by Max Factory leans badly, worse than the tower of Pisa. It is mostly in her ankles, which don't seem to be strong or thick enough to carry the rest of her:

nikumi_ankles8mjg9.jpg

The hot/cold method works well enough at first, but I have trouble making it stick. I did it a few hours ago and already she is visibly leaning again. I tried adjusting the ankles a bit further than her optimal posture, making her lean slightly into the other direction basically, but that doesn't work either.

Are there other things I could try or is she a lost cause?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Only just realized yesterday that Wonfes is this weekend lol. Been kind of out of the figure loop nowadays (did get Wolf Amiibo through recently, which looks really good), but I still have Pinkie Pie in mind. Not sure if I want much at Wonfes.

But me and a friend were looking at the Q Posket line lol. Not much I would want, but Newt and Harry are adorable.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Wow that snuck up fast this year!! I've been lucky this year, so hopefully there won't be too many things I want :x

Will be ordering this year's Snow Miku set soon, though.

I mean, I was expecting it later this month like it usually does heh.

And after not getting last year's snow miku, I think I am really done with her, but this year's has turned out pretty nice.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's the usual sources. Both MoonlitSaki and Figsoku twitters and checking Myfigurecollection and checking the latest database additions by clicking Database -> Figures.

This is useful, thanks! I'm a big collector but rarely take part in discussions (I should do more though), so not really aware of who to go to for the quickest WonFest leaks and coverage.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Hm actually not much from GSC that I want! I guess that will make for a smooth year then :) 2 Figmas and 2 Nendos...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This WonFes is something. It seems like Max Factory and GSC are going all the fuck in on Nendos and figma, which comparitively few scales. This is probably the natural conclusion of the price increase from a year or two back. Many people probably cut back or stopped completely buying scale figures.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This WonFes is something. It seems like Max Factory and GSC are going all the fuck in on Nendos and figma, which comparitively few scales. This is probably the natural conclusion of the price increase from a year or two back. Many people probably cut back or stopped completely buying scale figures.

I'm cutting back on figures in general, myself. Scales can definitely be a pain in price nowadays.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I can also imagine the production cycle for nendo and figma are much shorter than scales. There are way too many things to consider in producing a scale than that of others, eg. balancing, positions, level of details, similarity with the original artwork etc.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I can also imagine the production cycle for nendo and figma are much shorter than scales. There are way too many things to consider in producing a scale than that of others, eg. balancing, positions, level of details, similarity with the original artwork etc.
That's true too. GSC has been so far behind with delays they might just have decided to ease off so they can get through their backlog.
I have the original on pre-order but I'll likely grab this one too. Redjuice deserves more figures and this one looks extremely impressive. I love how eye-catching it is.
What ever happened to that other Redjuice figure? Never got beyond concept art?

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
That's true too. GSC has been so far behind with delays they might just have decided to ease off so they can get through their backlog.
Indeed. BTW, I took a look at GSC's career page a few weeks ago. It seems that they opened a factory in Japan recently. I think production schedule is a big issue to them so they can't only rely on off-shore factories in China or other countries. Expect the price will go up though, due to the manpower and admin cost in Japan is much higher than that of China.