• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017

Man FUCK....I knew Guts was coming but man he looks sooo gooood, and now I gotta consider the brothers too?! SHIT

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Ah, I see. She's cute. I do like Rocket Boy's figures. Along with Skytube, they'e probably my favorite manufacturer of lewds.
Rocket Boy doesn't do much for me normally (and neither does Native for that matter), but this one is an exception.

I personally like Q-Six's lewd output. Their sculpts tend to focus on thick, whereas Rocket Boy figures have a leaner overall appearance. I just like the former a bit more.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/black-wargreymon-g-e-m-figure-digimon

Digimon thread super quiet after Tri, and missed the preorder on TOM for this guy.... Crunchy still had it so I went fast :x

1116_01_2000x2000.jpg

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance there's a trick to getting Ikea's shipping for a Detolf to not be horrifying? Like, it was showing $100 to ship the $60 unit. It's a bit of a drive and I'll need my dad with his truck to help out, so I'm looking at needing to wait a couple weeks till he can find time and take a decent chunk out of my day because of that crazy fee.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance there's a trick to getting Ikea's shipping for a Detolf to not be horrifying? Like, it was showing $100 to ship the $60 unit. It's a bit of a drive and I'll need my dad with his truck to help out, so I'm looking at needing to wait a couple weeks till he can find time and take a decent chunk out of my day because of that crazy fee.
Nah, that sounds about right. You have to understand anything over a certain size has to be shipped freight. Your only other option is to physically go to an IKEA yourself and buy it there.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that sounds about right. You have to understand anything over a certain size has to be shipped freight. Your only other option is to physically go to an IKEA yourself and buy it there.
I mean, I guess it's just that I've ordered larger, heavier furniture from other sources and gotten free shipping plenty of times, which is what's throwing me. But yeah, it is what it is, so I guess I've just got to wait till things align so I can go pick it up.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess it's just that I've ordered larger, heavier furniture from other sources and gotten free shipping plenty of times, which is what's throwing me.
It depends on the retailer. Some will eat the shipping cost, others will use an in-house crew for deliveries. People ain't getting couches in the mail from UPS, though.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

Man FUCK....I knew Guts was coming but man he looks sooo gooood, and now I gotta consider the brothers too?! SHIT

Whoah yeah you're fucking right. They look ridiculously good. Do you know when any of these have a release date?

I'm so down to get Guts, Ultraman, and the Elrics lol. Fuck my wallet I need these bad.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Whoah yeah you're fucking right. They look ridiculously good. Do you know when any of these have a release date?

I'm so down to get Guts, Ultraman, and the Elrics lol. Fuck my wallet I need these bad.
lol yeah that guts is definetly gonna be mine, I dont think any of these have release dates yet since since they usually go up for pre order first then release several months later. The only other threezero figure I got I pre ordered and it released about a year and some change later so they'll be a wait ahead for any of these for sure

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Pop Up Parade Miku is up for order. GSC has a page about the new figure line.

POP UP PARADE is a new series of figures that are easy to collect with affordable prices and releases planned just four months after preorders begin! Each figure stands around 17-18cm in height and the series features a vast selection of characters from popular anime and game series, with many more to be added soon!

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cheaper than Nendoroids. Very nice, GSC. This Miku is very simple but well made, let's see how the final product holds up (since I'm very interested in the Makoto from this line).

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Reproductions can be lower quality sometimes right? Been itching to pre-order the reproduction of Kusuriuri from Mononoke on AmiAmi

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Reproductions can be lower quality sometimes right? Been itching to pre-order the reproduction of Kusuriuri from Mononoke on AmiAmi

Uh. No. They still use the same molds and everything. The only sticking point is that some collectors (none that I've ever met) are concerned with which release the piece is from. Most people just want the figure.

I guess it's in the wording. Some places use the word "reproduction" while others use "re-release" or "re-issue." Though rest assured, it's all the exact same thing.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Kotobukiya is also launching an ArtFX Premier line. These are still 1/10 like the ArtFX+ figures, but I guess they're more elaborate with the poses and the bases and such? Pricing is said to be in the $140-$150 area (LOL!)

807591.jpg

807590.jpg

808451.jpg

808501.jpg

Last edited:

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thor looks cool, but yeah, that price for a 1/10 figure... I wonder if there is a sizable market for this line.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Thor looks cool, but yeah, that price for a 1/10 figure... I wonder if there is a sizable market for this line.

Iron Studios already does that, their 1/10 pieces retail for $120-$180 and they seem to be doing fine, though I definitely don't think the end products justify the price tag

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sold on this line. I love the shit out of Miku figures but this doesn't look that much better than Taito/Sega prize figures at half/quarter of the price.
I doubt I'll buy in, but it economically makes sense for GSC to do this. This past WonFes seems to imply that at least GSC and Max Factory are seeing lagging sales of their scale figures, which is why there were so many new Nendos and figma announced. People aren't buying as many scales because the pricing has long since gotten out of hand. People have cut back or bailed on collecting completely.

That said, I think these will still be sculpted better than your average prize figure. The Goblin Slayer figure that GSC revealed is also part of this line and I think it's a pretty swell sculpt.

BadWolfVindici1549805607.jpeg

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I'm not sold on this line. I love the shit out of Miku figures but this doesn't look that much better than Taito/Sega prize figures at half/quarter of the price.

Miku looks okay, but I am interested in seeing how the Persona ones will turn out. Maybe I will consider Goro or Futaba (or just look at prize figures of them too if any).

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Figure collecting noob here.

I have Mythra preordered with 2/28 projected release. They have not sent out the actual release date and we are close to 2/28 now. Does that mean it is most likely going to be delayed or should I wait a little longer for an announcement?

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017

I have Mythra preordered with 2/28 projected release. They have not sent out the actual release date and we are close to 2/28 now. Does that mean it is most likely going to be delayed or should I wait a little longer for an announcement?
Almost certainly delayed. My experience has typically been that if something doesn't have a confirmed release date by the middle of it's release month you can expect it to be pushed back.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Aw yeah, the nice Gwenpool figure arrived today, and she's pretty great! Though... they just had to use stickers for the base, huh? I always hate applying those things and wish they would've gone with a printed base, especially because she wasn't exactly a cheap figure.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Did you perhaps get that release date from Nippon-Yasan (who is also now asking 45k for Mythra)? Because they have a tendency to fib when it comes to their release dates. Especially lately I've noticed them requesting payment for things claiming the release is soon, then after that date hits, they'll move the date back to where it was originally. They did this for a Skytube figure late last year that didn't release until this month, but the actual release date never changed.

But as to your question, no release date has been confirmed for Mythra yet. Which isn't surprising because GSC had been dealing with rolling delays for over a year now.
Aw yeah, the nice Gwenpool figure arrived today, and she's pretty great! Though... they just had to use stickers for the base, huh? I always hate applying those things and wish they would've gone with a printed base, especially because she wasn't exactly a cheap figure.
I'm gonna be picking up mine up from the post office tomorrow. I thought I selected EMS shipping when I ordered her but it seems not. I could have had her a few days ago but I missed the mail lady.

-2B-

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Did you perhaps get that release date from Nippon-Yasan (who is also now asking 45k for Mythra)? Because they have a tendency to fib when it comes to their release dates. Especially lately I've noticed them requesting payment for things claiming the release is soon, then after that date hits, they'll move the date back to where it was originally. They did this for a Skytube figure late last year that didn't release until this month, but the actual release date never changed.

But as to your question, no release date has been confirmed for Mythra yet. Which isn't surprising because GSC had been dealing with rolling delays for over a year now.

I ordered from Amazon JP the day preorders went live.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone had any experience with damaged figures from First 4? I received one and to do a replacement they want me to make and upload a Youtube video of me smashing the old figure into "one-inch size pieces" with a date and name visible. Thats the wildest thing I've ever heard to replace a 30 dollar figure.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
That's common practice with expensive resin figures, but it sounds kind of overkill for a cheap PVC one. But if thy said you gotta do it, you gotta do it.

-2B-

Banned
Sep 23, 2018

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, I just saw THE holy grail of figure (a garage kit) appearing on mandarake. I probably won't be able to see it again (not even on Yahoo JP auction) but I am so broke right now...

Fuck it. Just push the button to confirm order. Please don't let it bought by a random customer who somehow walk into the store. Please.

Last edited:

Ertai

Oct 28, 2017

I should wait it out. I had Pyra pre ordered and i got the payment request for her on the 24th of december with a release set at 31 december prior to that. So in my experience it's just gonna be a last minute thing.

I also have Mythra ordered so i'm in the same boat.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I just saw THE holy grail of figure (a garage kit) appearing on mandarake. I probably won't be able to see it again (not even on Yahoo JP auction) but I am so broke right now...

Fuck it. Just push the button to confirm order. Please don't let it bought a random customer who somehow walk into the store. Please.

You can't call something your holy Grail without sharing what it is!

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You can't call something your holy Grail without sharing what it is!
Nishikino Maki from LoveLive sculpted by French Doll. He sculpted the entire original LoveLive set and all of them are beautiful works. But only Maki gives me the feeling of love at first sight. The paint job will require a ton of work and skills, but I really need to get my hands on her. She is downright stunning.
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/324644

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
appearing on mandarake.

Is mandrake THE site to search for garage kits? I've never really been into asian figures, but I randomly found a kit that I would pay any amount of money for, but from all the searching I did I couldn't find any evidence of it ever being for sale. But I'm totally new to this, so maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places.

This is the one I'm looking for: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/101230