• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This figure is so cute, I love it.

FIGURE-051815-01.jpg

That's actually a re-release of a figure that originally came out in 2015.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
NEOGDS-354764.jpg

i dont want to buy square enix's overpriced stuff but i said i would buy freya when i saw freya so time to do my duty

also have to get beatrix too because it's a two pack but you know, i don't hate her and her giant head

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. The time to ask the question is upon us.

To KOS-MOS, or not to KOS-MOS?
*Looks at price*

Huh...less than I thought

*Places preorder*

Speaking of stupid expensive figures, 2B is apparently getting released September 18th.
She's actually more economical than I was expecting. I was ready for 250,000¥. So I'm glad it's only around 200$.

Are they gonna put her on AmiAmi, tho?
She's up on AmiAmi right now.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered. Now to go and sell my body 🤡
I think I'm gonna pass on this one. She doesn't really fit in with the kind of stuff I buy anymore. All I usually collect is Kotobukiya bishoujos, My Hero Academia figures, and the occasional lewd. And May is traditionally one of those months that gets pretty full with figure releases. So I think I'll keep my May open for other stuff.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Got my preorder for KOS-MOS in earlier this morning.
So happy to not miss out on this one like I did with Pyra and Mythra.
This will without a doubt be the most expensive figure I've ever bought, but KOS-MOS is worth it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
*checks new GoodSmile newsletter*
Oh!
*pre-orders Nezuko, Rei, and (finally a re-issue) Sonic Nendo*
Done!
*sees AmiAmi payment notice, also in inbox*
Oh... :(

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I ordered from AmiAmi. What shipping option is the best (overall) that isn't going to cost me half as much as the figure itself?

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I ordered from AmiAmi. What shipping option is the best (overall) that isn't going to cost me half as much as the figure itself?
Generally EMS is the way to go if you're grabbing anything expensive. Registered SAL is also good although I've never used it myself. Too paranoid lol.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Kos-Mos was a no-brainer for me, even if I just barely decided to skip Homura and Hikari. Been wanting a nice figure of her for like as long as I've been interested in figures. (Waffled back and forth on getting the figma secondhand quite a bit, but ended up holding out long enough that this came along, so yay!)

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I was at Crunchyroll Expo. Saw some figures that I could be interested in at the Aniplex Booth, but the price hurts (Ishtar/200 Mordred/170). Other than that, not much else, but I'll have another go around tomorrow. Hoping I'll see that Jersey Asuka

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of weird that the convention doesnt go until Monday like it did last year. I guess to give non-locals more time to go home.

I've never really looked at figures at a convention with the intent of buying. I had always assumed they would be overpriced.... Maybe I'll check around this afternoon.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Con figures are usually more expensive, yeah. Just check on your phone real quick and factor in the shipping, it takes a minute and might land you a deal.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
WA2K and Springfield have numbed me to this pain. They were each 5.9k shipping.

But at least they came with some big ass staircases.
Just wait until Kos-Mos release

6k shipping here we gooooooo
This month is murder. But I have 0 figures next month and 1 in November, so that's something.
What you got coming?

Technically I have one of the Heavenly Virtues coming this month and next but LOL at Orchid Seed releasing shit on time

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until Kos-Mos release

6k shipping here we gooooooo

What you got coming?

Technically I have one of the Heavenly Virtues coming this month and next but LOL at Orchid Seed releasing shit on time
2B, Chiyo (from Elder Sister-like One) Kotobukiya Uraraka, and Jiro and Toga from Bell Fine.

MHA is my weakness.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Did anyone preorder the Sailor Neptune/Uranus chouette? I've seen some pictures on the internet and it seems that the quality is awful...
I already purchased both through ebay but maybe I can do something via paypal sigh*

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does Big in Japan take other payments than Paypal? I got my payment request, but those Paypal shitfucks are trying to rip me off for another $12 with their "Paypal exchange rate" bullshit.

Keys

Oct 28, 2017
Does Big in Japan take other payments than Paypal? I got my payment request, but those Paypal shitfucks are trying to rip me off for another $12 with their "Paypal exchange rate" bullshit.

Not sure if it's country related but when using paypal you should be able to chose to use your credit card company exchange rate. It's called conversion options or something similar.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's country related but when using paypal you should be able to chose to use your credit card company exchange rate. It's called conversion options or something similar.
I'll take a look. But when I switched between them initially it looked like they both had a "Paypal Exchange Rate" listed regardless of whether I chose checking or credit card.