• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dandy, I Called it!!!

899332.jpg

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
When compared to when I bought their Gwendolyn for about $100 for a 1/8. I realized prices have gone up, but damn
Alter and Ques Q are two companies that got really really expensive. Moreso than pretty much all the others. MegaHouse is up there too in certain situations with their exclusives.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
is there a particular reason for the prices rising so much?
Aside from greed, it goes back to a couple years ago when the disparity between the JPY and the USD was pretty grim for the Japanese. It was something like 100¥ = $0.80, which was a great deal for Americans, but not so good for Japan. So manufacturers started raising their prices to compensate. And when things returned to normal for the most part, the prices stayed the same because people were still buying the figures at the new prices.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't gonna get those GI Joe Bishoujos initially, but all three have looked excellent so far. Prolly gonna cave.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I had her on preorder at deepdiscount then cancelled for some mechanical keyboard stuff. Really good looking figure, I probably should have stuck with it. I see Phoenix Resurrection and Poison Ivy Returns at the same site, tempting
Yooooo thanks for pointing this site out!

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, how is the Bring Arts line? I had some personal issues with the Play Arts Kai figure I have, so it has me a little wary of Square, especially at what looks to be a cheaper price point. But I figured I'd ask, since there are at least a few things by now in that line that I'd buy in a heartbeat if they were figma...

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Out of curiosity, how is the Bring Arts line? I had some personal issues with the Play Arts Kai figure I have, so it has me a little wary of Square, especially at what looks to be a cheaper price point. But I figured I'd ask, since there are at least a few things by now in that line that I'd buy in a heartbeat if they were figma...

I think it's still bad.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I still think they're overpriced and the joints aren't nearly as nice as the figma ones, but I'm happy enough with them that I'd still buy some Chrono or FF7 themed ones to go with my FF9 cast.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I just know that my Bring-Arts Neku seems very cheap for what it cost. If there was any other merch of the character I would have skipped probably.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
So F4F revealed their new PVC Luigi's Mansion 3 figure. It comes in 3 options: Just Luigi, Luigi and Polter-Pup (lights up), and the "exclusive" version.

It's a fairly-priced figure but I can't help but wonder if displaying F4F boxes is a common practice? You're essentially paying an extra $15 for a nicer box and a numbered base.

I've never bought one of their light-up statues before. Are they usually battery powered or do they have an ugly cord sticking out of it?

cover2.jpg

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So F4F revealed their new PVC Luigi's Mansion 3 figure. It comes in 3 options: Just Luigi, Luigi and Polter-Pup (lights up), and the "exclusive" version.

It's a fairly-priced figure but I can't help but wonder if displaying F4F boxes is a common practice? You're essentially paying an extra $15 for a nicer box and a numbered base.

I've never bought one of their light-up statues before. Are they usually battery powered or do they have an ugly cord sticking out of it?

cover2.jpg
I only ever bought their Crash Bandicoot PVC. It's a nice piece, and the box was very nice. Too nice, once I figured out they were charging extra for it. It's just another way for them to nickel and dime people. I haven't decided if I'm gonna get Luigi yet, but if I do it'll probably be the $99 edition.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
sooooooooo...…..I work at a Walmart and they're expanding our collectables section. More McFarlane, carrying Neca, Bandai......oh and some Banpresto prize and trading figs......

only a matter of time before we get figmas and nendos.....right?

i fear for my wallet

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
So I was looking at used figures and found this. Can anyone Identify the dark skinned girl with a cape near the lower right of this picture?

CrzkNOG_d.jpg

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Is Nippon-Yasan a good store? I am considering to pre-order the Kotobukiya's Miku Nakano figure, but it is sold-out almost everywhere. In Italy, the only shop that accepts pre-order would ask me 160€ for slow shipping from Japan, almost 200€ for fast shipping. Instead, Nippon-Yasan sells it for 82€ (130€ the limited), and with the tracked trans-logistic shipping (10 days) I would pay 120€, import fees included.
The others solutions seem more expensive: Solaris Japan requests 150€+20€ shipping + import fees (in Italy it is basically impossible to avoid them,anytime I got something from amazon.co.jp the deposit fund for fees was never refunded), the same for Ninoma.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NIppon-Yasan is ok. I buy a lot of stuff there since it's a good shop to avoid high custom fees , the only issues I have with N-Y are the expensive shipping costs and they don't caring about delays when charging for pre-orders.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
NIppon-Yasan is ok. I buy a lot of stuff there since it's a good shop to avoid high custom fees , the only issues I have with N-Y are the expensive shipping costs and they don't caring about delays when charging for pre-orders.
Nippon-Yasan is sometimes very shady with pre-orders. There was a Skytube figure that was up for pre-order sometime last year. Around November or so, N-Y suddenly announced "Hey, this figure is now coming out next week! Time to pay!" and then after that, the figure release "mysteriously" moved back to it's original February 2019 release date. The kicker is that people contacted Alphamax directly and they said that the release date was always February and never changed. There were several other instances where I'd heard of N-Y doing this.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Nippon-Yasan is sometimes very shady with pre-orders. There was a Skytube figure that was up for pre-order sometime last year. Around November or so, N-Y suddenly announced "Hey, this figure is now coming out next week! Time to pay!" and then after that, the figure release "mysteriously" moved back to it's original February 2019 release date. The kicker is that people contacted Alphamax directly and they said that the release date was always February and never changed. There were several other instances where I'd heard of N-Y doing this.

For this figure it seems that the pre-order is aligned with the official one, that is 30th of November 2019. What is strange is that they are almost the only website which still accepts pre-order for the normal price.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
They tried charging me for the two Heavenly Virtues I preordered despite both of them getting delayed two months. Wound up letting my preorders with them lapse.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Is Nippon-Yasan a good store? I am considering to pre-order the Kotobukiya's Miku Nakano figure, but it is sold-out almost everywhere. In Italy, the only shop that accepts pre-order would ask me 160€ for slow shipping from Japan, almost 200€ for fast shipping. Instead, Nippon-Yasan sells it for 82€ (130€ the limited), and with the tracked trans-logistic shipping (10 days) I would pay 120€, import fees included.
The others solutions seem more expensive: Solaris Japan requests 150€+20€ shipping + import fees (in Italy it is basically impossible to avoid them,anytime I got something from amazon.co.jp the deposit fund for fees was never refunded), the same for Ninoma.

I've used them a couple of times and never had any problems with my orders. But I have heard stories that their customer service is abysmal/borderline nonexistent if you actually do have an issue with an order.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Got my payment request for Alter's Jalter (FGO), AmiAmi split it away from my other October orders.

Been waiting for that one for a while, so excited to finally get it in my hands physically.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not sure if this is the right thread but I figured I might as well try:

Does anyone know if any retailers still have Pokemon Trainer Amiibo in stock? Except for Gamestop they're all out... and Gamestop is charging 6 bucks for shipping so I don't know if I should eat the shipping charge or just hope for restocks.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right thread but I figured I might as well try:

Does anyone know if any retailers still have Pokemon Trainer Amiibo in stock? Except for Gamestop they're all out... and Gamestop is charging 6 bucks for shipping so I don't know if I should eat the shipping charge or just hope for restocks.
If you really want it I would seriously just eat the $6 shipping fee. That's fairly cheap as 2019 rates go.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If you really want it I would seriously just eat the $6 shipping fee. That's fairly cheap as 2019 rates go.

Yeah, you're probably right lol. It's the last Amiibo that's available for purchase that I particularly want. Gonna get Richter when he comes out, and hopefully Joker and Banjo when/if they're announced.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating if I want him. He has fun accessories but I'm already gonna order the Pennywise bishoujo. His face is kinda telling me no, but then again if they make more horror nendos I don't want to have to track him down in the future for a full set. :/

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
So, with the Miles and Spider-Gwen nendos, the DX versions come with extra bodies and heads as alternates... but there's nothing stopping you from using that to get two display figures each out of those, right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I pull the trigger on the DX ones...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So, with the Miles and Spider-Gwen nendos, the DX versions come with extra bodies and heads as alternates... but there's nothing stopping you from using that to get two display figures each out of those, right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I pull the trigger on the DX ones...
Well, they do only give you one Nendoroid stand. So be mindful of that.