• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Dandy.

2325465.jpeg
2325466.jpeg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamit I was able to talk myself out of the Hot Topic Ash variant but I think I need both of these.
Hopefully the mask will be incorporated somehow like Michael's mask or an alternate head or something. I can deal with Freddy not having scars because the claw, hat, and shirt are more recognizable but Leatherface needs the mask.

Did you see Pennywise got her artwork revealed?

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
It is an adorable rendition, though. I would love to sit in on these pitch meetings where Kotobukiya asks license holders if they can turn their horror icons into kawaii anime girls.

Heh, now I really want to know the person who approves the final design, especially since IT might need more than one company's approval.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone had to whittle down their collection lately? I started collecting a few years ago and now I have so many nendos around that there is no physical place for me to store them. It would be nice to have access to my closet again. @.@

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had to whittle down their collection lately? I started collecting a few years ago and now I have so many nendos around that there is no physical place for me to store them. It would be nice to have access to my closet again. @.@
Yeah, I've gone from like 300 figures to under 200 in the past couple years. Been selling a bunch of stuff on MFC and now I have a more focused collection and more space in my house. I still buy the stuff I really want, but it's much easier for me to pass up stuff I don't totally love.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Oh...oh my...

item_000000000131_thgX5AHE_01.jpg

Congratulations on reaching that revelation.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've been selling a bunch of stuff on MFC too. Nendos I don't want anymore and prize figure sets mostly.
I've also been breaking down Nendo boxes for more space. I toss the plastic insert and fold down the box itself. Don't need to keep all that if I'm planning to keep a figure forever.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Got this from Amazon. I seen Broken Otaku tweet out the link yesterday. The price was too good so I hope it's legit

EJNXOuYWsAAP64J

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
What's the safest place to sell figures?
I have 27 Figuarts(all dbz) I'd like to sell, but I'm afraid of getting screwed by shady buyers. 😔

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here order/thinking about ordering the Guts 1/3 statue from Prime 1? I've been mulling it over for what feels like an eternity @_@.

mmbr-01dx_a02_height.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What's the safest place to sell figures?
I have 27 Figuarts(all dbz) I'd like to sell, but I'm afraid of getting screwed by shady buyers. 😔
Safe is relative. You mostly just need to trust your gut.
I sell on MFC all the time, and sometimes I'll put sealed stuff on ebay. MFC tends to be easier to sell more obscure stuff but I also have had to deal with my fair share of flaky buyers.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I sell on MFC all the time, and sometimes I'll put sealed stuff on ebay. MFC tends to be easier to sell more obscure stuff but I also have had to deal with my fair share of flaky buyers.
I don't have a lot of experience selling stuff. 😬 Are dbz figuarts popular on MFC?

I imagine it won't be easy to sell figures if I'm newly registered with no feedback.

What do you think about amazon? I'm not sure it's any safer.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've had lots of people contact me, then I never hear back from them. Now, if that happens I put them on my blacklist and that's the end of it.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Thank you for that detail.
Have you ever had second thoughts about listing figures? I'm a huge fan of Goku, and I feel like keeping all the Goku figures, but some of the figures are going for a lot.
There's been a couple. If I was in your situation, I would at least keep the Goku figures unless you really need the money.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I'm kinda new to figures stuff so I figured I'd ask, how is BELLFINE as a manufacturer? Bad? Good? I'm kinda tempted to buy a figure manufactured by them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda new to figures stuff so I figured I'd ask, how is BELLFINE as a manufacturer? Bad? Good? I'm kinda tempted to buy a figure manufactured by them.
Their recent My Hero Academia figures weren't bad. But Bell Fine isn't exactly at the top of the heap when it comes to figure manufacturers. If it's something that's already been released, you can check MyFigureCollection to see how well (or not) it was received, and see people's in-hand pics, because figures don't always come out looking as good as the prototypes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're alright. I feel they charge too much for the quality you get, but all figure prices have been inflated as of late.

I'm assuming you're getting a Raikou figure based on everything I know about you.

Is it this one: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/549490

549490.jpg

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very interested in Kotobukiya's Coco, but I'm somewhat wary about how the paintwork will turn out, since what I've seen from them usually looks kinda plain and glossy. I know there are a few Kotobukiya fans here, so is there anyone that could comment on their paint quality?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The second coming of Star Wars bishoujo / bishounen figures begins now with Kotobukiya's ArtFX Artist Series.

2337884.jpeg
2335851.jpeg

And they've also announced a Tusken Raider figure. Which of these things is not like the others?

916889.jpg

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Hello spotlight community!

I just came to say fuck figures! It started as a harmless idea but blossomed into an addiction. I just wanted to make a neat little MvC display. So I grabbed a few marvel chars and Capcom chars. It was one section in a Detolf ikea display.

It has now expanded to all 4 sections. Marvel stuff isn't too bad as it's cheap. My true love now though is Street Fighter figures. I'm currently trying to complete both the Sota and SHFiguarts lines.

My most desired piece is Storm SDCC exclusive red trunks Zangeif. He goes for $300CAD and I'm dreading spending that much lol. I'm sure that's chump change for you hard core collectors.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

I just came to say fuck figures! It started as a harmless idea but blossomed into an addiction. I just wanted to make a neat little MvC display. So I grabbed a few marvel chars and Capcom chars. It was one section in a Detolf ikea display.

It has now expanded to all 4 sections. Marvel stuff isn't too bad as it's cheap. My true love now though is Street Fighter figures. I'm currently trying to complete both the Sota and SHFiguarts lines.

My most desired piece is Storm SDCC exclusive red trunks Zangeif. He goes for $300CAD and I'm dreading spending that much lol. I'm sure that's chump change for you hard core collectors.
Believe it or not, the main reason I want to move into a bigger house is because I want to have enough space to display my 200+ figures collection.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017

I'd tell you to run away now, but you're already in too deep. Happy bankruptcy collecting!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

I started by grabbing a few figures to fill in some empty shelf space. Before I knew it, I WAS BUYING NEW SHELVING.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised there's no talk here on the Hobby Fes going on right now. I guess most discussion has just moved to Discord :x