• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Alter's Alice is painted

EKnQX7xVUAIDdtW

Now if only Alter would get around to sculpting that Torahime figure they announced like eight years ago.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Just back from Japan where I bought far too little, but I picked up each of the starters and their evolutions in the Pokemon Scale World series. Now I'm trying to find "Green with Arcanine" and "Blue with Clefable" but having absolutely no luck at all. Kind of the same for the Johto upcoming set, some random ones just don't seem to be online. Anyone picking these up and know where I can reliably keep collecting them?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just back from Japan where I bought far too little, but I picked up each of the starters and their evolutions in the Pokemon Scale World series. Now I'm trying to find "Green with Arcanine" and "Blue with Clefable" but having absolutely no luck at all. Kind of the same for the Johto upcoming set, some random ones just don't seem to be online. Anyone picking these up and know where I can reliably keep collecting them?

I believe some are pre-orderable anywhere but a few are Bandai Store exclusives.
Big in Japan carries the exclusives, but it looks like they sell out down the line... Shouldn't be a problem for future ones if you keep checking in.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
What do you think the chances are of a Galo Thymos Nendoroid re-release? I just saw the movie and of course now they're sold out everywhere. @.@

Edit: If I shop from any of the partner shops in Goodsmile's database then I'm good bootleg-wise right? I think I found somewhere that still has one. XD

Last edited:

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
That does look pretty rad. Too many Bishoujos I still need to get. Also decided to pick up that Flare Asuka figure at Rightstuf. At $137 it was the best price I was gonna get.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
That does look pretty rad. Too many Bishoujos I still need to get. Also decided to pick up that Flare Asuka figure at Rightstuf. At $137 it was the best price I was gonna get.
Yeah, Koto has been going all-in on bishoujos. I decided not to go in for the GI Joe set. I'll finish the MLP set, though. I like those. I'm still 100% in for the horror line and the comic stuff. I'm probably not going to buy the new Star Wars "Artist Series" because those are basically 15k¥ bishoujo/bishounen figures.

I'm currently pondering the ArtFX Batman Who LMAOs, because it's probably the best damn figure of him outside of that super-expensive Prime 1 piece.

2299404.jpeg
2299400.jpeg

For comparison, this is the Prime 1 statue:

742277.jpg
2032274.jpeg

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, everybody!

I actually posted in this thread back when it dropped (not that I remember), but kind of let it fall to the wayside.

Does this community have a discord? I couldn't find it in the OP. If it's a bit secretive or requires a vetting process, feel free to PM me, or ignore me!

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, everybody!

I actually posted in this thread back when it dropped (not that I remember), but kind of let it fall to the wayside.

Does this community have a discord? I couldn't find it in the OP. If it's a bit secretive or requires a vetting process, feel free to PM me, or ignore me!
Ohhh yeah I forgot about the discord. If anyone has a link to it, send it my way as well. This place was great for catching up on figure news.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Koto has been going all-in on bishoujos. I decided not to go in for the GI Joe set. I'll finish the MLP set, though. I like those. I'm still 100% in for the horror line and the comic stuff. I'm probably not going to buy the new Star Wars "Artist Series" because those are basically 15k¥ bishoujo/bishounen figures.

I'm currently pondering the ArtFX Batman Who LMAOs, because it's probably the best damn figure of him outside of that super-expensive Prime 1 piece.

2299404.jpeg
2299400.jpeg

For comparison, this is the Prime 1 statue:

742277.jpg
2032274.jpeg

Buy the Prime 1 now, figure out how to display it later.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Like Freezy said, only the most baller of nerds can afford to buy those. I think they're the most expensive mainstream collectibles money can buy, but boy are their stuff impressive.
Their stuff looks great, but it's also fucking huge. So if you actually have the space to display a bunch of those statues, you probably have the disposable income to piss away on them.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it. I'm still undecided as to whether I'mma keep it for display or just keep it sealed and flip it. It's Alter, and it's exclusive, so it's a pretty safe piece to speculate on for the aftermarket.
I'm leaning towards grabbing it myself but whewwww didn't think she'd be that expensive...but then you reminded me she was an Alter figure. And exclusive.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Alpha x Omega is also doing Ranka Lee in the same style, in case you didn't know. So set aside another kidney to sell whenever that one drops.
That's gonna be a no from me dog. Truth be told I mainly bought Sherryl because she looked incredible like the sucker that I am.

Another cool piece with a nuts price is that Megahouse Kaido figure. Mofo's gonna be well over $400 when shipping is included...but man he does look incredible. But I don't think I've even paid $150 for a Megahouse figure, let alone $400.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Seeing this go back up for re-release makes me feel old, since I remember when I put in a purchase for the first run back in 2017.

(Still love the design of the figure, though.)
Ain't nobody doing more re-releases than Kotobukiya. They seem to be going through their entire back catalogue. I know their sales were down something fierce last fiscal year (just about 70%), so I understand why they would decide to pull all the old molds out.

I'd be tempted to grab their Lum Invader figure if she gets released again, even though the face is off.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I've been collecting some of Sheryl's figures throughout the years and damn... the Gor~geus one is expensive as hell.

But I really want it so my wallet'a going to suffer lol

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
The figure itself is about 11" wide. So take into account the box is going to be even bigger, yeah, that sounds about right. Shipping costs are one of those things you just get used to pretty quickly in this hobby.
I don't usually buy figures that are big so that's why I pay less for shipping.
If you say that's right for the meassures then I'll have to preorder it lol

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
I believe some are pre-orderable anywhere but a few are Bandai Store exclusives.
Big in Japan carries the exclusives, but it looks like they sell out down the line... Shouldn't be a problem for future ones if you keep checking in.

Thanks, I shall keep an eye. Super annoying though, I was at the Pokemon stores across Tokyo the week of release and saw not a single one, would think they'd have had them! Only place I actually saw the Professor Oak set was in one of the Akihabara price gouger stores.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Bandai and these exclusives...

16b36ff4-dcd2-4beb-9464-98a5cf5edb0f.jpg

I would totally buy this if it wasn't like $500 on BBTS. But why can't I find any mention of it on MFC?