• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/agnes-varda-dead-dies-director-french-new-wave-1203175854/
Agnès Varda, a leading light of the French New Wave who directed such films as "Cléo From 5 to 7," "Vagabond" and "Faces Places," has died. She was 90.

Varda's death from breast cancer at her Paris home was confirmed Friday by her family. "The filmmaker and artist Agnès Varda died from a cancer at her home in the night of March 29, 2019, surrounded by her family and friends," the family's statement said, describing her as a "joyful feminist" and "passionate artist."

RIP. Close if old.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
RIP for sure, Cleo from 5-7 is a grand new wave film.

90 is a good innings, and nice that she was around the folk she loved in the end.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck? Didn't her last film just come out?

That's such a shame. In a fair and just world, she would be a household name. Cleo from 5 to 7 is incredible. Please do yourselves a favor and experience her wonderful work.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Getting to 90 is nothing to scoff at. Cleo is a masterpiece and her late docs are good, she will be missed. Bye Agnes, rest well. Godard really is outliving all of the wave

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Vagabond 1 year ago and the film left me shooked. Her naturalistic style is so incredibly unique.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Varda has long been a big blindspot for me and I don't know why. Even when I was on a French New Wave kick a few years ago I somehow missed Cleo. And I've had Faces Places sitting in my Netflix queue for months. Will definitely check out a few of these now.

R.I.P.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Faces Places last year, I recommend it to everybody.

Incredible woman. Humble, warm and humanistic. I Will watch more of her films.

RIP

Oct 27, 2017
I've only seen Faces Places but she was delightful in it. Not a huge fan of the French New Wave but I'll have to pick up her old stuff sometime.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
The Gleaners and I is a film I thinkt about almost every day. It broadened my perspective of what you can do with film and will probably impact my filmmaking for the rest of my life.

RIP