• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Ot created by Divius.
Discord link Quote to reveal

Welcome all to

arAUVK7.jpg

-made by Jett. ty Wandering for allowing us to change the pic.

Divius Gif of the month
narulf.gif
Source: Blade Runner

Rules:
1. Be nice, be civil, use common sense
2. Respect the opinions of other members, no matter how wrong they are
3. Use spoiler tags accordingly 4. Have fun, we're all here because we love movies
DO NOT just post the title of the movie you watched. It isn't conducive to the kind of discussion & communication we want to engender here, because it tells us nothing of you, the movie, the impact of the latter on the former. Post scores, descriptions, essays, poems, gifs, hashtags, whatever provides you the best outlet for personal expression, you unique little digital snowflake. - icarus-daedelus

Want to introduce yourself?
Welcome to the Movies You've Seen Recently thread! Let us know a bit about yourself: 1. What's your favorite Movie? 2. Who's your favorite director? 3. Who are your favorite actors/actresses? 4. Favorite Genre(s)? 5. What's your favorite performance in film? Useful external links: Letterboxd ICheckMovies Unsure of what to watch? Just ask for recommendations in here. We don't bite!
Letterboxd • Your life in film

In future months, ill reintroduce the Wall of Shame

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Geostorm over the weekend. I laughed pretty hard with a friend of mine, maybe a little too loud. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like to laugh at bad movies.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy today, didn't much care for it, but I had to post about it to make sure that my new account works.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Would be only fair for my first post to be here, huh.

Watching Okja right now, it certainly has some interesting ideas, fairly decent soundtrack and great cast, but I'm not feeling the film all that much. Hope it picks up in the second half.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent.

Saw RV: Resurrected Victims over the weekend. Fun concept though I felt that so much more could have been done with it. Still, I did enjoy the movie a fair bit.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I am Jayu26

1. What's your favorite Movie?
A Clockwork Orange.
2. Who's your favorite director?
Currently, David Fincher. All Time: Stanley Kubrick
3. Who are your favorite actors/actresses?
Gary Oldman
4. Favorite Genre(s)?
EVERYTHING!
5. What's your favorite performance in film?
I have to think about it.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
It was a pleasure experiencing that discord with you guys.

I can't wait to see It tonight. I'm kind of a baby when it comes to horror films, hopefully I manage.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
It was a pleasure experiencing that discord with you guys.

I can't wait to see It tonight. I'm kind of a baby when it comes to horror films, hopefully I manage.

It's not super terrifying. It has some pretty dark moments, and some unsettling imagery (along with a couple of jump scares here and there). I think you should be fine! But it's a really darn good movie.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
The discord channel will remain as a hub for FilmEra. we are planning a viewing party for the room next month

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Going to watch Your Name tonight. Going to post in here about it because eww anime

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
  • 243193-the-bad-batch-0-70-0-105-crop.jpg

The Bad Batch 2016
    ★★ Watched 24 Oct, 2017

I expected so much more from this director. The tone and plot was just everywhere, and the acting was meh. Lore and pretty shots of the desert are wasted. Just a waste of time from a talented director, who could have had a hit on her hands.

No likes

• kc8jT1MAiKM0iwdjAwC5lQrTNry-0-70-0-105-crop.jpg

Raw 2016
    ★★★★ Watched 23 Oct, 2017 1

10/31 days of horror
    Raw is a grotesque coming of age story and the ending is about as messed up as "Fat Girl." The vibe of the film reminded me of "Let the right one in" in the best way. I liked the weirdness of the characters, and mystery of the two sisters.

3 likes

• 269460-colossal-0-70-0-105-crop.jpg

Colossal 2016
    ★★½ Watched 22 Oct, 2017

Colossal waste of time is sadly the case here. If you went into this film having watched the trailer, and or poster brace yourself. Talented cast and concept are wasted due to weird tonal shifts, and slow movement of the plot. Two hours feel like three, and you have no one to root for. Just a very unlikeable film for such a likeable cast.

1 like

• 281394-blair-witch-0-70-0-105-crop.jpg

Blair Witch 2016
    ★★★ Watched 22 Oct, 2017

7/31 Days of horror
    If you have seen Paranormal activity you know what this film is about. Picture those films set in the forest with lots of jumpscares. Wanted to know more about the Blair Witch, and the protagonist sister.

1 like

• 86a7GRVRCwfl7wdI4QadyvKa6Zu-0-70-0-105-crop.jpg

The Babysitter 2017
    ★★★½ Watched 22 Oct, 2017

6/31 Days of horror
    After reading reviews from fellow movie buds, I expected this film to suck. Is it believable? No. Is the film entertaining? Yes. Go into this film expecting a gory comedy and you should be fine. I can see myself rewatching this again.

1 like

• 48160-the-40-year-old-virgin-0-70-0-105-crop.jpg

The 40 Year Old Virgin 2005
    ★★★★★ Watched 22 Oct, 2017

Caught this on tv, and couldn't help but finish it. I love this film, and have watched it at least 3 times. Crazy how all the actors blew up after this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.