• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Is this one of the cases where a thread by some losers on 2ch is being sold as the voice of Japan?

I still remember reporting of shitposts about the Switch as an indication of how the country was going to receive the console.

OP
OP
7th_heaven

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I can't wait for these people to go crazy when they see a woman with muscles.
I'm waiting fan reaction LOL
365bd91d856c7c4120c55b4760a60363.jpg

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Arguing about a fictional character's boobs is one thing.

But getting real specific about the width and shape of a character's face? I find that really, REALLY creepy. Like serial killer levels of obsessive.

Goddammit Japan can't you just be normal horny like the rest of us?

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I liked the original at first but after seeing this, I think I prefer the fan design
I think an in-between would be best though

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I like the original design. I do like threads like this tho, people use such hyperbole in order to display their disdain for the fan design that now according to this thread if your face is in any way similar to the right image you look ugly and a multitude of other things like scrunched up or like a baseball or a kid or whatever, nobody can just say that they like the original better, they have to make it known how HIDEOUS the right image is.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
This is like half a dozen people, you know?

It IS generating quite a bit of discussion at jp twitter, hachima and the like, but the majority are in defense of the official design.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Arguing about a fictional character's boobs is one thing.

But getting real specific about the width and shape of a character's face? I find that really, REALLY creepy. Like serial killer levels of obsessive.

Goddammit Japan can't you just be normal horny like the rest of us?
This is such a weird comment because arguing about fictional boobs is way worse dude

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS1 Aeris character model looked like a pink slug and people in all over probably got off on that. Now they are drawing the line for 2019 standards.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
The fan version is bad and also FF7's Art-style lends itself to the longer face. The actual game's art style actually does a really great job of adapting an art style that was never meant to be rendered in such detail to a very, very high but not quite realistic level of fidelity without falling into the uncanny valley.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I thought her model looked a bit weird, but the fan edit isn't any better. Her proportions are fine. It's the face that looks a bit awkward to me.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Some Japanese are so into the anime stuff that real women no longer looks attractive to them...

"Why is her face not kawaii and small? That's not my moe moe Arisu-chan!"

Do they even know Aerith is suppose to be European? (the race I mean)

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
OP seems to think it's a bigger deal than it actually is. I went to the hashtag and it's like 4 or 5 edits with some maybe receiving like 5 likes and a couple comments.

You would think with how it's being treated there was fan edit after fan edit with thousands of likes.

Even the tweet shown in the video (which conveniently hides the amount of reactions the tweet has received) in reality received only received miniscule attention.

I don't think anyone could really say in good faith that more than a small handful of people really take issue with Aerith's new design.

Needless to say, it's hard to please everyone. Looking at how few people actually are complaining about her design though, I think overall Square has done a great job.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The fan design is awful. Hope Square doesn't listen to them and keeps the same design for her.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
This thread and people's "haha screw Japan, the way we draw women is better than the way they draw women" is seriously ridiculous. Just accept that people in different cultures see beaty differently.

Now if they were demanding that Aeirth has very few clothes or that she makes questionable objectifying poses then sure there might be a criticism to be had. Not here though.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Even the tweet shown in the video (which conveniently hides the amount of reactions the tweet has received) in reality received only received miniscule attention.

I don't think anyone could really say in good faith that more than a small handful of people really take issue with Aerith's new design.

Needless to say, it's hard to please everyone. Looking at how few people actually are complaining about her design though, I think overall Square has done a great job.

Youtubers, lmfao.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, all of the character designs are absolutely superb. I don't want any of them to change.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This thread and people's "haha screw Japan, the way we draw women is better than the way they draw women" is seriously ridiculous. Just accept that people in different cultures see beaty differently.

But nobody is talking about the way "WE" draw women. We're talking about how SE has decided on realistic facial proportions. It has nothing to do with seeing beauty differently, its about having a super stupid unrealistic standard

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't that edit come from a guy on twitter? why people keep arguing now even with videos about what some random japanese guy edited?

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Is this one of those incel things? I remember reading incels have a obsession with jaws and chins.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

"Japanese complain about Aerith new design!!!!!!"

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I...I guess it's an improvement...but I never would've seen that on my own and still can't imagine caring even now. It's so minor and the original was fine.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't that edit come from a guy on twitter? why people keep arguing now even with videos about what some random japanese guy edited?

FFVII Remake is so hot that all it takes is for a person to say a dumb thing and you'll get 20 videos about the thing the person done said.

Like I said....Prepare for June.