• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting fan reaction LOL
365bd91d856c7c4120c55b4760a60363.jpg
Is it bad that I would find this hotter?

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
The fan remake looks better to me. Now I dont see any problem with the one on the left.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thread title slightly adjusted to be less generalizing and sensationalistic

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Her va didn't match her face that's for sure. She sounds like a 12 year old. I say change that and leave the face alone.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe a better design for her exists, but it's definitely not the fan edit. Not everything has to look like a teenager.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"fiasco" lol. The dumb reporting on every single sentence someone online says about this remake is going to be the dumbest shit imaginable.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
The original is okay but I'm not a fan, I think her forehead is a bit too small.

I prefer that fan version to be honest, though it's more anime-like (and maybe younger looking), the vertical proportions (forehead-nose-mouth-chin) look more appealing to me.

But it's not a big deal either way.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it was twitter.

6dd7e124-9133-4a8b-ad4e-152fba1d882f.png

Whatever this site is what was generating the conversation.
Ooh those Labyrinth Life comments are delicious.

Just scanning through one of the Aeris articles though, not all the comments are bad. Some positive and neutral too, of those I can understand.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Urgh, the design we got is the best she has ever looked, how is it possible for people to want it changed :/

Oct 25, 2017
Before I even knew which was which I decided left was better.
Then I read OP and saw that's the original and right is some fan made shit.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
Goddamnit I thought the design looked fine in the trailer but looking at the fan edit I prefer it a bit more. Maybe it's just how it looks with only the face compared to how it would look when the whole body is shown proportionally.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I really really like that her design doesn't look like anything I've seen in a game before, like facial-structure-wise.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
No winning here for SE. There is no design that will please everyone. Some want new, some want traditional, some want AC, etc. It's wild the level of detailed scrutiny this game is undergoing though. A game might have thousands of design/art decisions. Every location, enemy, character, line of dialogue, mini game, combat skill, summon, etc etc etc will be compared to the original game. This game is a treasure trove for youtubers discussing every single decision and whether it was good or bad.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Rounded face doesn't mean god damn 12 years old, but that fanmade edit does suck lol.

Anyway my only slight I could see with her is proportion wise, her eyes position maybe could be slightly lower or her forehead bigger.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Ah

The "cammy isn't cute enough" shit again huh? They should be ignored

Cammy's at least had some legitimacy IMO since it genuinely looked like her face wasn't done (though the emphasis on her not being cute always bordered on ick).

This is just "wah my waifu isn't kawaii" and it's like just stop, some girls got longer faces, she's fine, chill out.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Cammy's at least had some legitimacy IMO since it genuinely looked like her face wasn't done (though the emphasis on her not being cute always bordered on ick).

This is just "wah my waifu isn't kawaii" and it's like just stop, some girls got longer faces, she's fine, chill out.
Bordered? It was. Its the same shit with kolin, girl has a unique face, now people saying she ugly and her nose to big, some folks want a very sanitized " pretty " anime face, and its boring and often fueled by gross shit. Not to say wanting shit in an anime art style in inherently bad , its just that sometimes it comes with these kinda creeps.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder... were all these edits for Cloud and Barret?

can you imagine if people wasted half the time they waste overanalizing women's faces and bodies?

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
Actually the right one looks like it's the original one and the left one looks like someone took the right one and just stretched the upper part of her face. The eyes are really far up, it does look a bit weird I gotta admit. Doesn't really matter though as only one FF7 exists and I don't care about whatever this episodic butchery is supposed to be.