• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
The right in the picture is fan remade
To be continue

D6jg6woWwAAVxQs

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Besides the face being a little more rounder in the JP version, I'm having a hard time seeing much difference between the two

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Aerith was never a waifish anime girl, I honestly love that they made her actually look mature and more accurate to her age.

Hopefully they keep her sass, too.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I saw on Twitter this was debunked as fake or an effort by people to incite anger at Japanese people.

Either way I would love to see the source for this

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If you go on 5ch and blogging sites(whch is a majority of what Japanese entertainment sites are these days), its mostly the otaku weeb basement dwellers crying about how Aerith has been westernized and she looks like a gorilla and shit just because her face is more realistic. Its stupid and you should not give it the time of day

I think I saw on Twitter this was debunked as fake or an effort by people to incite anger at Japanese people.

Either way I would love to see the source for this

Lol...considering how many japanese comments i have seen about it, its definitely not debunked. There is a lot of people talking about it and saying just this.

"Its from a westerner trying to get people mad at japanese!" is clear conspiracy nonsense

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
One Japanese guy complained on Twitter and suddenly it's the entirety of Japan. The edit actually looks worse and not even close to her original design.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both are looking fine.

Didn't see the need to change the look of the left one.

Some people just can't handle things not going their way. They'll have a lot to complain about when this is finished. lol

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm always bothered by the name Aerith instead of Aeris.
Why did the fan edit make her head look like a baseball? It looks weird as shit.
Yeah it really does. I really don't understand this. I guess it's all about personal taste and style preference, but it looks bizarre. The original looks rather good, I don't understand what issues someone could have with it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Aerith has literally never looked like the picture on the left. I call bullshit.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
fiasco?
this reeks of one of those articles with a headline along the lines of "people are furious about ____" and then the article is just 3 or 4 tweets from random people

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
One Japanese guy complained on Twitter and suddenly it's the entirety of Japan. The edit actually look worse and not even close to her original design.
yeah, this is a few days old but I see the same sort of sensational phrase thrown out there that because this person did this, all of japan is about to riot over it

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Looks more like an adult in the left one due to smaller eye to face size ratio.

Oct 30, 2017
Are those actually differences, or photoshopped click bait? I don't remember seeing a difference when watching the eng vs Japanese versions of the games.

Edit

It is photoshopped...

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Usually in asian beauty a smaller head/face is considered more attractive, so it's not surprising to see these complaints. I think it's utterly stupid as she looks great.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Everyone is gonna forget about Aerith as soon as they show Tifa. Show her you cowards

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The left version is GOAT Aerith after all these reinventions and CGI versions.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One Japanese guy complained on Twitter and suddenly it's the entirety of Japan. The edit actually looks worse and not even close to her original design.

Are you new to social media? Many times it's only a handful of people doing this and the media and other people act like almost anybody thinks/acts this way.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
The still might look a little curious, but she looked perfect in motion. I feel like people were going frame by frame for this.