• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I think both her and Cloud's faces look sort of plasticy. Weird because I think Square is usually good at that sort of thing.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
fan version is better but I guess most people here like horse face type

2869.jpg

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The left image is how I've always imagined Aeris. That right one, nah bruh, that ain't it.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be honest, all the new footage made everyone look more anime than I imagined. The dubs specially sounds really like the ones I hear in most animes.

Edit: I also think the PS3 demo had a better aerith design.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
FFVII Remake is not going to be able to do anything right. This is how picky people are now. People are already feeling that Tifa will be a disaster.

Be careful what you wish for people.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, all the new footage made everyone look more anime than I imagined. The dubs specially sounds really like the ones I hear in most animes.

Edit: I also think the PS3 demo had a better aerith design.

???

We can't even see her full face in the ps3 tech demo.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is this actually a thing or is this just one person on twitter saying so and now people are reacting to something that isn't actually an issue at all? Regardless, this still isn't actually an issue at all.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Actually the right one looks like it's the original one and the left one looks like someone took the right one and just stretched the upper part of her face. The eyes are really far up, it does look a bit weird I gotta admit. Doesn't really matter though as only one FF7 exists and I don't care about whatever this episodic butchery is supposed to be.

It's not the eyes actually. In OP's shot, her hairline appears too low and gives the illusion that her eyes are placed too high.

5ia60pq.jpg

But it's not the best reference. Camera shifts and facial expressions can obscure the proportions a bit. The ideal shot is one with a low FOV and with her making a neutral expression but that's asking too much. So take my post with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The fan version looks way younger and the proportions are weird. Don't see how anyone could prefer it. The original looks great.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
God forbid a girls face has actual character and realistic proportions rather than massive eyes and two dots for a nose.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
The changed version just looks like generic Asian female doll character model #43252342. You can find #123442534, #254342432 and #980890 by looking at any DoA female character. The developer version of Aerith looks good to me.

Overall I feel game developers should spend more time on adding subtle "flaws" to character faces because we all have them if you look close enough. Especially female characters should have less of the full on makeup and perfect doll face look in a lot of game contexts. That doesn't mean they would be ugly but would look more like actual humans.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Seriously don't get what the fuss is about, it looks fantastic.
The fanmade version (if you can call it that, I mean, they just squished her face...) makes her look like a doll.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017

The thing to me is, if they wanna have their own weird aesthetic tastes they're welcome to it, but this sort of... possessiveness of other fictional characters; it just strikes me as unhealthy.

I'm a have your cake and eat it too kind of guy, but people being shitty about a piece of media having different aesthetic priorities than their personal taste always strikes me as petty.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
My issue with her face is that it hits the uncanny valley pretty hard for me because of the eyes and nose. If you move the eyes down a tiny bit and make her nose a little bigger she looks a lot better to me.
D6YbuFrUIAAvIqs.jpg

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm glad that fans aren't designing the characters. Remake Aerith is a perfect update of her original look.

So, so much better than any of her Compilation designs.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The edit in the OP makes her look like a weird gremlin. I'm not a fan of her face in the game, but that edit is so much worse.
Then again my issues with her face are completely different from these weirdos who want her to be their waifu.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they want her to look less like an individual person and more like a generic cartoon doll

Shades of DOA5's announcement here
i swear the images were identical except the artificial light to make her whiter but staring at it for forever i noticed the random cheek puff
It's not just the cheek puff. They reduced her jaw considerably while also inverting the slightly convex slope of her nose into a more typical post-op nose.
So they want her to look like a child? No thanks.
See: The most popular Dead or Alive 5/6 characters in Japan.

And weep.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
they literally moved her chin and made her look like an anime character

keep on being japan...............japan

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
WRT Tifa, there's no way she isn't going to follow the general body shape of the original. Anyone who's going to be holding up a ruler to her tits going 'REE THEY MADE HER BUST LINE X INCHES SMALLER' is pathetic. Erotic fanart exists for a reason guys.

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
Too much attention to Aerith when we all know she'll just end up at the end of Sephy's nodachi.