• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't touch her, she's perfect. If they want an anime more blob they have 10,000 games to choose from for that shit. Let us have this from an era before waifu wars and moe crap.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
I guess to be clear, my ideal is that people should have their own ideas of beauty and not shit on other people, particularly women, for failing to meet it. If you wanna jack off to moeblob Aerith that's fine, but don't shit on the creators for going in a different direction. The culture of entitlement that surrounds a lot of weebdom is toxic as fuck.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
zbQjP63.gif

I think she looks fantastic.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who goes onto Japanese media pretty regularly...this is not an uncommon occurrence on social media. Just letting yall know its not a handful of people. There are people who dont mind the design of course, but the amount of people who actually get on the bandwagon on this shit and talk about "polikore" and how japanese companies are anti japan because of this kinda shit is fucking infuriating. It aint an isolated incident and it should be called out, not dismissed
The fuck is polikore?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adult look on left.
Anime look on right.
Left is better, more natural and believable, like a real woman.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Here are my two cents on this:

- If all it takes for the design to be considered good is to squish her face a little it can't be that bad in the first place.

- If all it takes for her design to be considered good and not anime is to stretch her face a little, the fan edit can't be that bad in the first place.

Her official design is still stylisized video game character anime beauty as fuck, not a real person look, so I dunno bout all of this. Everyone is crazy in this.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
Here are my two cents on this:

- If all it takes for the design to be considered good is to squish her face a little it can't be that bad in the first place.

- If all it takes for her design to be considered good and not anime is to stretch her face a little, the fan edit can't be that bad in the first place.

Her official design is still stylisized video game character anime beauty as fuck, not a real person look, so I dunno bout all of this. Everyone is crazy in this.

It's less about the redesign being 'bad' as much as the intent behind it being petty, misogynistic and conspiratorial.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'd be surprised if she's not changed, SFV Cammy style. SE wants these idiots to spend money on their waifu.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh so it's a thing in Japan they complain about too huh? How is the official Aeris political correctness? She just doesn't look súper animeish (just a tad). Christ
While I don't think it is crazy to go into a hypothetical FF7 remake and have the expectation that it look a bit "anime", it does make me laugh that after all this time and the other characters we've seen (that have a similar style) that the critique doesn't come up until the first female party member is revealed. We could have had what, 4 years of Barret photoshops and opinions but didn't....wonder why....

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I see animu on the right. That doesn't look like a 22 year old who's design is consistent with the other characters. Give me long face auntie Aerith or give me death.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To OP: was "FF7", "FFVII" or just "Final Fantasy 7" too much work to type? No one calls this game "Fantasy 7".

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ugh so it's a thing in Japan they complain about too huh? How is the official Aeris political correctness? She just doesn't look súper animeish (just a tad). Christ

Its something the they got from 4chan and far right websites where Japanese media is consumed. They also have started using SJW to refer to a lot of these sorts of things and basically combining it with anti "western progressive values in media" sort of thing. Its really scary how this kind of stuff moves.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The only weird thing is that despite not looking anime she still acts anime: the weird bending over for no reason, the "blink and nod at the same time" head movement, the way she holds her flower basket with a twisted arm, etc.

I bet she runs like Vanille from FFXIII

8FvuWly.gif

That's not really anime, so much as japanese mannerisms somewhat exaggerated for media to the point where its become its own sort of thing. Like how yankees always sit with their knees bent over with straw in their mouths. shit like that came from the 80s

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I think she looks fine but the more often I see her the more I get the complaints. I think they will slightly change her

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is like half a dozen people, you know?

It IS generating quite a bit of discussion at jp twitter, hachima and the like, but the majority are in defense of the official design.
This is heartening to hear. Still, the fact that GGers have spread polikore and even SJW as terms to gaming otaku is pretty scary nonetheless.

zbQjP63.gif

I think she looks fantastic.
Anyone who looks at this character and says "she's not cute" is clearly either lying or obsessed with "moe" art enough that they're now trying to force an unrealistic art style in a game trying to be realistic looking.

"She looks like a gorilla..." Fuck off.

I think she looks fine but the more often I see her the more I get the complaints. I think they will slightly change her
I'm going to be awfully miffed if they do, ngl, especially when Yuffie can be and would make sense as the designated moeblob vs Aerith or Tifa who are actual adults.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't listen to any Japanese fans feedback on character designs, they always have terrible opinions.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a more perfect design in a video game. I'm appalled that they didn't go for the Lunafreya look for her.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
sometimes I think dismissive blanket judgments about people with anime avatars are unfair but then I see something like that "horse face" comment in this thread and think hmm maybe they're fine actually

Cellsplitter

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
It's almost like beauty is subjective to the eyes of the beholder.
The people complaining clearly had a different version of their childhood crush in their head and can't accept anything different.
I for one welcome our long nosed flower goddess.