• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
I made it here too! Layout definitely gonna take some getting used to though, that old site really had style and ease down right.

On topic: used my 5* EX ticket today finally, got Delita. Not the worst at least! His breaks seem like a no-brainer to enhance, but not sure if his MP regen is worth it. I have Tidus and iNichol's LB maxed for MP regen currently.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
It's far from hard if you know what to do. Tell us your options and we can help you.
WoL, A2, Tilith, Rikku, Ayaka, OK, Ace. Orlandeau. Soliel and Wilhelm are in the stable but I have never used them and soliel only has three of her dances awoken.

My best equips are the TMs for characters mentioned, I have durandal for light atk, crimson saber for fire attack, but not two sources of elemental damage. I just don't even know where to begin.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
WoL, A2, Tilith, Rikku, Ayaka, OK, Ace. Orlandeau. Soliel and Wilhelm are in the stable but I have never used them and soliel only has three of her dances awoken.

My best equips are the TMs for characters mentioned, I have durandal for light atk, crimson saber for fire attack, but not two sources of elemental damage. I just don't even know where to begin.
Do you want the rewards or simply clear it? I did two runs for all the rewards with basically this:

-Emperor (building Fire From Below as a finisher)
-Illusionist Nichol (giving AoE Cover to my Soleil)
-Soleil (with 100% evade equipments)
-Orlandeau (Divine Ruination)
-Dark Veritas (Mitigation before crossing threshold + he chains with Orlandeau)

Looking at your characters, I'd say it's best for you to go with:

- Orlandeau + Orlandeau friend (use Duskblade on turn 1 and he won't hurt you with his magic attack until he is below the 60% threshold).
- WoL (put as much HP and defense on him as possible, he will be your cover tank and you will keep Light is With Us up all the time + break the boss attack when possible)
- Ayaka (set up reraise on WoL and on her until you get the situation under control, which means he has the cover and the boss is broken)
- Ace (he will be your finisher, will keep his -75% Holy Imperil up for when you want to nuke the boss and will be your mana battery)
- Soleil or Rikku (simply alternate between a defensive and offensive dance during the entire fight with Soleil; keep her mitigation skill on rotation and use her LB for the threshold)

He will start stealing your mana after the 60% threshold but he won't really be a problem until his HP is below 40%, from that point on its important to nuke him because he will probably wipe your team. Just in case, have Rikku LB up and pray your chainers survive to get rid of whatever is left of the boss' HP if he isn't dead already.

Last edited:

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Wife finally pulled an iNichol, but she can't get Soleil to 100% evade just yet. Recently got Noctis but doesn't have the ring yet. Emperor is her best damage, only chainer is Yun... other options are DKC x2, Luneth, Olive, Dark Fina, Beach Fina, Noctis. Don't see the Nightmare boss getting cleared on her account sadly.

tx2005

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to this game. Any rerolling required? If so, is there an updated tier list?

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I made it in time to sign up here, hopefully I will be more active, than in the other site.

.n_n.

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to this game. Any rerolling required? If so, is there an updated tier list?

You can start off simply by just taking what you get. I'd say you probably want to reroll to get at least one worthy Rainbow unit. So hard to compare to these days since I play JP as well, and they are a lot more giving there. I think unit preference can vary from person to person. Tidus though I know is strong and would be a worthy unit to start out with.

Really depends on how much time you want to put into rerolling, if any.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably if you pull Orlando, Tidus, Trance Terra, Ayaka, Fryevia, Veritas of the Dark, Onion Knight, Veritas of the Flame or Wilhem you are fine.

Link: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings is updated with the latest units introduced, still some of the top tier units are from unique banners that are no longer aviable like the Nier Automata, we are just right now in the Halloween you can try and pull a Grim Lord Sakura (it has some good abilities and really powerful spells).

.n_n.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You can start off simply by just taking what you get. I'd say you probably want to reroll to get at least one worthy Rainbow unit. So hard to compare to these days since I play JP as well, and they are a lot more giving there. I think unit preference can vary from person to person. Tidus though I know is strong and would be a worthy unit to start out with.

Really depends on how much time you want to put into rerolling, if any.

I just logged into my JP account and was MYSTIFIED by the generosity of the JP team. Two DAILY free multi-summons? How are they so generous over there and so stingy over here?

But yes, I agree - if you're just starting out in Global now, you'll probably want to just reroll until you have one solid rainbow unit. Dark Veritas, Orlandeau and Ayaka are the best out-of-the-box units in the game right now that aren't part of limited banners. Fryevia is great, but she requires a LOT of work to make her useful, whereas DV and Orlandeau are really powerful right out of the gate. And Ayaka is a game-breakingly good healer.

Don't feel like you can't play the game if you don't have one of those four, though - it took me until the 1 Year Anniversary event to pull a single 5* base physical DPS unit (Aileen) and I was still able to do most content up to that point. Nowadays, I have a lot of really good units just as a result of playing a lot, saving my tickets/Lapis for good banners and not getting greedy.

The units will come. Don't obsess over getting any one in particular or it'll drive you mad.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
It's two x11 pulls + x3 5* tickets because of the anniversary there, lol. The free dailies though, are happening for quite a while and are indeed generous af.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's two x11 pulls + x3 5* tickets because of the anniversary there, lol. The free dailies though, are happening for quite a while and are indeed generous af.

Was it just two free 11-pulls? The banner looked like a daily banner, but my kanji skills leave a lot to be desired. Those 3 5* tickets were a blessing, though. Got a duplicate CG Reagan right in time for 7*s to be announced, which is exciting, even if I don't play JP nearly enough to take advantage of it.

Meanwhile over in global-land, I pulled a dupe Ayaka and a dupe Orlandeau back to back. Of all the units to pull dupes of...I find it kind of hard to complain about this. It's like the game is paying me back for wasting ALL of my resources pulling for Orlandeau in every banner he's ever been in and never getting him.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So I have to mention it here but I'm so happy with the recent announcement for a Final Fantasy VIII event in japan. I can't wait to see how it looks and how the 7* system is going to play out.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I have to mention it here but I'm so happy with the recent announcement for a Final Fantasy VIII event in japan. I can't wait to see how it looks and how the 7* system is going to play out.

True story: a month or two ago, I was explaining to my friend that I was convinced 7* units were coming to Exvius because of the way power scaling worked in Brave Frontier, and I was a hundred percent certain Sephiroth would be the first base 7* in order to make everyone go insane trying to pull for him.

Then like a week later, they announced and released Sephiroth as a base 5*.

Then they announced 7*s, and Squall of all people ended up being the first base 7* unit. I would be mad, but honestly I'm just laughing too hard to be upset.

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
It just means Squall will end up being the crap unit at the end of it all because he peaked too soon.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
True story: a month or two ago, I was explaining to my friend that I was convinced 7* units were coming to Exvius because of the way power scaling worked in Brave Frontier, and I was a hundred percent certain Sephiroth would be the first base 7* in order to make everyone go insane trying to pull for him.

Then like a week later, they announced and released Sephiroth as a base 5*.

Then they announced 7*s, and Squall of all people ended up being the first base 7* unit. I would be mad, but honestly I'm just laughing too hard to be upset.
I'm pretty happy that VIII is big enough to be saved for an event announcement and withheld this long like VII characters were. It's going to be amazing if Squall, Rinoa and Zell are ridiculously over powered lol
It just means Squall will end up being the crap unit at the end of it all because he peaked too soon.
Enhancements can fix that :P

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy that VIII is big enough to be saved for an event announcement and withheld this long like VII characters were. It's going to be amazing if Squall, Rinoa and Zell are ridiculously over powered lol

My gut tells me Squall will be a chainer, Rinoa will be a healer/support hybrid, and Zell will probably just be another monk nobody ever uses because of poor weapon selection. Of the three, my guess is that Rinoa will likely be the most future-proof, much like Ayaka is pretty much the undisputed queen of base-5* healers.

I fully expect Squall to have a super-specific moveset and be really really good at one thing in particular, but not much else. Similar to how Cloud is, but on the chaining side of things.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, considering the absolutely absurd requirements to get a Super TMR for a 7* unit, how long do you folks think it'll take for Exvius to go full Brave Frontier and start putting out "5-star and up only" banners?

I just don't see how it's sustainable or even to expect players to have six copies of a base 5* unit (seriously, what the hell are they thinking?) unless they start completely de-emphasizing 3* and 4* units from the summon pool the same way Brave Frontier did.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Illusionist Nichol or a 100% evade anyone. (I'm probably at 60-70%, but I never got a Noctis, so.) I have 2x Orlandeau, Rikku, Minfilia, DKC, Aileen, DC Refia, WoL, Cecil, Tidus, and Rem.

Nightmare seems unbeatable to me, though. :(

Edit: Also have a Pod 153, figure that'll help.

Last edited:

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Illusionist Nichol or a 100% evade anyone. (I'm probably at 60-70%, but I never got a Noctis, so.) I have 2x Orlandeau, Rikku, Minfilia, DKC, Aileen, DC Refia, WoL, Cecil, Tidus, and Rem.

Nightmare seems unbeatable to me, though. :(

Feep! You made it!!

I'm totally not trying Nightmare. I don't want to deal with that kinda stress right now. Haha.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Feep! You made it!!

I'm totally not trying Nightmare. I don't want to deal with that kinda stress right now. Haha.

I'm not even touching Nightmare until next week. I just don't have the heart for it, and honestly I don't have any units who would make worthwhile use of the Necro Dagger anyway.

I should put the energy and stress toward finally beating Aigaion so my A2 can finally ascend to true godhood.

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even touching Nightmare until next week. I just don't have the heart for it, and honestly I don't have any units who would make worthwhile use of the Necro Dagger anyway.

I should put the energy and stress toward finally beating Aigaion so my A2 can finally ascend to true godhood.

Got my Aigaion stuff when 2B was hax. So she's pretty beefed up. You'll definitely enjoy it, because the stuff gives a big boost!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Aigaion stuff when 2B was hax. So she's pretty beefed up. You'll definitely enjoy it, because the stuff gives a big boost!

I've been afraid to even attempt Aigaion because I didn't pull Tilith during the Brave Frontier event (86 summons and not a single banner unit!), but now that I have Ayaka, I think I have a pretty decent shot at just brute forcing the damn thing down. A2 is insanely good even without the Arm, it's crazy.

Muku

Oct 25, 2017
I've been afraid to even attempt Aigaion because I didn't pull Tilith during the Brave Frontier event (86 summons and not a single banner unit!), but now that I have Ayaka, I think I have a pretty decent shot at just brute forcing the damn thing down. A2 is insanely good even without the Arm, it's crazy.

:( I know the feels. Tilith evaded me both times. And I pulled a lot to get Ling during CNY. Instead got Yun. Glad ya got Ayaka! Have her on alt and I dig her. Just wish I could get her on my main now. :(

A2 and 2B are insanely good without the arm (+ fist mastery). I love them both. Got one on my main (2B) and one on my alt (A2).

Let me know how it goes with Ayaka. I'm curious since I cheesed it.

Mipcgamer

Oct 25, 2017
Those are really significant nerfs. Looks like a totally different fight.
There is supposed to be a video today of the dev team attempting to beat Nightmare, of course they'll kill this baby Skeleton King.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, his MP drain and healing skills will lock out the damaging ones so it'll be way more manageable.

Warmlettuce

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Unfortunate. I actually liked the challenge of the Nightmare version.

Good luck to all those taking him on today!

Mipcgamer

Oct 25, 2017
I will hold my two Serpent Maces proudly when we have to fight Ultros or something.

Sadly, the 5 man reward is probably not enough reason to go back.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017

Brave Frontier was brutal for me too. Hell if I can beat Aigaion with Yshtola I think with Ayaka you'll be fine.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Nightmare dagger compensation and they didn't remove the Serpent Mace.

EDIT : the fight is much more manageable indeed, went back and got my missing tickets because of yesterday's holy counter

WAeb11al.jpg

Last edited:

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone,
Glad to see so many vets up and running here.
I see some new faces and have some free slots:
737,150,495. I can free up more space by clearing out some slacking non-Era-ers.

/edit: Once we decide on a greeting format (REF or Era), make sure to put that in so I don't remove you. I'm not planning to remove any people that leave GAF on there, though.

90% of the time I'll be sharing an Onion Knight, Ace, or Orlandu. Also have a DV I'm working on.

Dr. No

Yoshi
Oct 25, 2017
The recent update has the rank 150 cap lifted to 200. It seems all the experience you've accumulated carried over, and you jumped rank. Crazy thing is, I hit rank 150 five months ago, and over the last five months of grinding TMs, I've only ranked up one rank to rank 151. I'm halfway to rank 152, but its going to take 40,000 experience more, meaning it takes at least around ~80k exp per rank.

Dyer, who is on my friends list, jumped to rank 159 this morning, I see other big whales on list have jumped to rank ~155. I don't thin anyone is going to be hitting rank 200 any time soon.

EDIT: After using up my extra energy, I don't think they've credited me with all my experience over a course of 5 months. 40k experience isn't as large as I thought. There may be a certain date where they started crediting you exp? I'm not sure.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first arm of the Bahamut dungeon. This place is no joke! I need to get some Encounter Rate Down stuff, because there are so many random battles it started to get actively annoying after a while.

Anyone who's done this in JP have any advice? I'm mostly just having A2 use Horizontal Sweep every turn and firing off a Lancet whenever her MP is low.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first arm of the Bahamut dungeon. This place is no joke! I need to get some Encounter Rate Down stuff, because there are so many random battles it started to get actively annoying after a while.

Anyone who's done this in JP have any advice? I'm mostly just having A2 use Horizontal Sweep every turn and firing off a Lancet whenever her MP is low.

Just in terms of getting around multiple charm bangles+diabolos helps out immensely. I also brought germinas boots and just ran from everything. Was able to go through and setup camp before him so I can try him out later on when I'm home from work. Killed 10 clones and got 1 rat tail.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just in terms of getting around multiple charm bangles+diabolos helps out immensely. I also brought germinas boots and just ran from everything. Was able to go through and setup camp before him so I can try him out later on when I'm home from work. Killed 10 clones and got 1 rat tail.

Is the drop rate that low? Jesus. I only fought one shadow so far and he dropped one. I probably need to sit down with a map and plot out my exploration plan.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The recent update has the rank 150 cap lifted to 200. It seems all the experience you've accumulated carried over, and you jumped rank. Crazy thing is, I hit rank 150 five months ago, and over the last five months of grinding TMs, I've only ranked up one rank to rank 151. I'm halfway to rank 152, but its going to take 40,000 experience more, meaning it takes at least around ~80k exp per rank.

Dyer, who is on my friends list, jumped to rank 159 this morning, I see other big whales on list have jumped to rank ~155. I don't thin anyone is going to be hitting rank 200 any time soon.

I wonder if he got the nrg for all those ranks (or whatever the cap is, I think it's 5 times).