• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I have Rem (partially enhanced) and Roselia both at lvl100, and because Roselia is my best MP AOE battery, I've been enhancing her. Tricast Curaga+2 is lmaowtf but with no res options outside of her arguably weak LB is frustrating. I could also bring Rikku......but then that's less damage I'm doing by bringing a second support char.

I have a few other potential options but none are that good. Maybe Garnet, but she doesn't have rez either iirc. Is Yshtola any good in this situation?
Phoenix, the esper from the latest story update, can learn Raise.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Wilhelm casts Generals Battlecry to give everyone 50% ATK buff. CK Ariana casts Aqua Touch to give Tidus 100% ATK buff and Water element. Tidus used LB to give training dummy 75% Water Imperil because mine isn't leveled. Camille replaced Aqua Blade with BroHo. ATK for each were 925 and 850.

Next turn I chain with Camille and Tidus.

A4NkUDE.png

I'm speechless...

Now curious to know what damage you would get from 2x Tidus in a similar situation. Someone please test and let me know. Use similar setup if possible. Let's do it for science. :)

Edit - Decided to try Tidus with BroHo and Camille with Aqua Blade. Still gave Tidus 100% buff from Aqua Touch.

Seems to hover between 7M-8M. Seems even at lowest modifier FD wins out here.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Mage base 5*? Or why would they give Magi & Smart king pot?
Anyways time to pull when this comes ;)

Code:
Collaboration Campaign

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS is celebrating the upcoming worldwide release of DRAGON QUEST XI with a collaboration event!

To celebrate this auspicious occasion, we will be introducing special events and giving out gifts to all of our players!

[ Special Login Bonus ]

Login everyday during the event period to receive multiple rewards!

Day 1 : Rare summon ticket x 1
Day 2 : 1% Trust moogle x 1
Day 3 : Gil snapper family x 5
Day 4 : Rare summon ticket x 1
Day 5 : King magi pot x 1
Day 6 : Rare summon ticket x 1
Day 7 : Lapis x 250
Day 8 : Rare summon ticket x 1
Day 9 : 1% Trust moogle x 2
Day 10 : King metal minituar x 5
Day 11 : Rare summon ticket x 1
Day 12 : King smart pot x 1
Day 13 : Rare summon ticket x 1
Day 14 : Lapis x 250

Also, you can obtain a Slime (3~5★) every day during the event by claiming it from your gift box!

Event Period
Friday 4/27 01:00 - Friday 5/11 00:59 PDT

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Reckon these Dragon Quest units are gonna have Global buffs? Isn't this like 8 months over due or something.

Edit: Just read on Reddit that it's Dragonlord and Orochi.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Not even excited for upcoming collaboration. Planning on skipping the banner.

Even more so if they don't get significantly buffed.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
What makes Liquid Metal Slime so good? Just his absurdly high DEF?

Dragon Lord TM also seems to be identical to Ayaka. Orochi TM is like 1/4 of ADV 5 with a couple of buffs if your HP dips below 40%.

So Era, is there any reason to be excited for these units if they aren't complete changed from JP?

Last edited:

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Dragon Lord TM also seems to be identical to Ayaka. Orochi TM is like 1/4 of ADV 5 with a couple of buffs if your HP dips below 40%.

So Era, is there any reason to be excited for these units if they aren't complete changed from JP?

LMS is silly because it comes with 999 DEF and 500 SPR AND 80% innate physical and magic mitigation as base stats, as a well as an extremely easy to fill LB that gives a 3 turn 100% provoke . As a tradeoff, it only has 600 HP and can't equip anything besides accessories. Still, equip a Carbon Bangle to double its HP for good times. (Still, it is critically vulnerable to fixed damage attacks because of its low HP, such as the 2k damage hits on thresholds from the current Stage 10 boss).

And oh yeah.... with enhancements, it gets 30% innate physical dodge and 5 auto-LB regen a turn which guarantees that the 100% provoke LB is always up before the provoke expires.

Nah, no issues there at all. Nope.

The rest of the crew, if there are no GLEX units, will need some serious buffage to not be completely laughable units that will be forever forgotten the moment the collab ends.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how common the FF14 units are in the raid summon this time around. One can't possibly not trip over pulling enough units to be able to craft multiple True TMs from the raid units, especially Yshtola.

I remember how much raging there was on the first (Ifrit) collab, where estimates had Ysh around a 0.125% pull rate. Being unlucky, I didn't pull one until almost the very end of the raid, at over 5 million raid points in. Now, she's pretty easy to eyeball at around a 3% drop rate. Heck, I've already had multiple pulls of 5 or 6 of her in a single 100-pull. How times have changed.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
LMS is silly because it comes with 999 DEF and 500 SPR AND 80% innate physical and magic mitigation as base stats, as a well as an extremely easy to fill LB that gives a 3 turn 100% provoke . As a tradeoff, it only has 600 HP and can't equip anything besides accessories. Still, equip a Carbon Bangle to double its HP for good times. (Still, it is critically vulnerable to fixed damage attacks because of its low HP, such as the 2k damage hits on thresholds from the current Stage 10 boss).

And oh yeah.... with enhancements, it gets 30% innate physical dodge and 5 auto-LB regen a turn which guarantees that the 100% provoke LB is always up before the provoke expires.

Nah, no issues there at all. Nope.

The rest of the crew, if there are no GLEX units, will need some serious buffage to not be completely laughable units that will be forever forgotten the moment the collab ends.

Meh.

I'll do a couple of 4* tickets but not going to go all out trying to get him. And seeing how late we got this banner, Enhancements are now about a year off.

Thanks.

OutOfBounds

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin, GER

IIRC LMS is pretty easy to get high DEF for those stat milestone missions JP got.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Any guesses on timeframe for Tilith's enhancements?

I can't pull a better healer.
No clue, but her enhancements aren't great unless you use her as a buffer, which you probably don't. They're:

永遠の虹光 (Eternal Rainbow)
Recover 10% MP per Turn
+1: HP/DEF/SPR Up {+10% DEF/SPR/HP}
+2: All Elements Resist (Except Dark) Up {+30% ALL Ele Resists Exc: Dark}

プリズムヒール (Prism Heal) [99 MP]
AoE except Self Recover 2500 HP, 50 MP
+1: MP Cost Down (XL) {80MP}
+2: HP/MP Restored Up (S) {3000 HP, 60 MP}

セレスティアライト (Celestial Light) [53 MP]
AoE 2 Turn +40% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
+1: Duration Up (S) {3 Turns}
+2: Buffed Amount Up (M) {+60% All Stats}

I suppose Prism Heal is the only one worth touching, unless Eternal Rainbow's super cheap.

Frankly, I'd save your gil and crysts and wait to use a UoC ticket on CG Fina. Units that are already obsoleted aren't worth expending significant resources on.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Really hyped for the DQM units...hope they get a proper buff for Global since they are kinda old.
Def, gonna use the couple tickets i earned from this Raid for the DQ banner.
Yeah, Camille was worth the investment. She will be even better once she has Viking Axe, which should bring mine to high 800's ATK. I even fed her ATK pots.

If you happen to have Pirate Jake then put the resources into him instead. He is a better version of Camille.

You wouldn't happen to have CK Ariana would you? She's the one that really makes it possible for Tidus to have no turns wasted setting up if you go the FD TDH route.

Sadly no Pirate Jake or CK Ariana on my end....but happy to get similar abilities from a 3* with Camille. I pulled Tidus not too long ago and havent used him that much...maybe Camille can help make him a bit more attractive for me xD

Just max leveled her and now on to max level my second Xon.
It's funny how common the FF14 units are in the raid summon this time around. One can't possibly not trip over pulling enough units to be able to craft multiple True TMs from the raid units, especially Yshtola.

I remember how much raging there was on the first (Ifrit) collab, where estimates had Ysh around a 0.125% pull rate. Being unlucky, I didn't pull one until almost the very end of the raid, at over 5 million raid points in. Now, she's pretty easy to eyeball at around a 3% drop rate. Heck, I've already had multiple pulls of 5 or 6 of her in a single 100-pull. How times have changed.
Hah....yeah its funny ho i just yesterday got my very first Yshtola....which was followed by like 20 more of her lol.
Still happy to finally own her in this game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Completely burned out my resources in JP trying to get Fei. Was rewarded for my effort with absolutely 0 rainbows. No on-banner rainbows, no off-banner rainbows, just...nothing. I might be able to grind up enough story lapis to get one more multi-pull out of it, but I feel so deflated that I think I might drop JP entirely moving forward. It was always just kind of an extra diversion for fun to try out new units before Global can get them, but this banner in particular stings pretty hard because I was a big fan of XG as a kid. The last Mana banner similarly screwed me when I pulled really hard for Flammie and Hawkeye.

Even worse: the last rainbow I pulled was Machina, one of the worst protagonists in Final Fantasy (and RPG) history. What a dud to go out on.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Sadly no Pirate Jake or CK Ariana on my end....but happy to get similar abilities from a 3* with Camille. I pulled Tidus not too long ago and havent used him that much...maybe Camille can help make him a bit more attractive for me xD

Just max leveled her and now on to max level my second Xon.

FD TDH Tidus?

If so you should be fine even without a CK Ariana. Just Jecht Shot first and you're golden.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Damn PlanetSmasher what a bummer. Always shitty when you go all in and leave the house with nothing at the end. I always need a pause of a couple of days after these experiences.
FD TDH Tidus?

If so you should be fine even without a CK Ariana. Just Jecht Shot first and you're golden.
Sadly i dont have the full TDH setup. Only have FD and a single Elfreeda TM.

Really hope Cloud or a similar unit will be boosted soon. I wanna join the TDH meta xD

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Damn PlanetSmasher what a bummer. Always shitty when you go all in and leave the house with nothing at the end. I always need a pause of a couple of days after these experiences.

Dokkan did me really dirty today too, so I'm...really questioning the point of playing any of these games anymore. At least in Global I have enough resources saved up that I should be good to go for Sephiroth.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Dokkan did me really dirty today too, so I'm...really questioning the point of playing any of these games anymore. At least in Global I have enough resources saved up that I should be good to go for Sephiroth.
Ouch.... At least that's one good thing about playing multiple versions. Having bad luck in JP still leaves you with your ressources on Global.

Im for the first timer ever at +5k Lapis and no interest to pull for the current banners lol. Maybe I can save up as well until CG Nichol or Sephiroth.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
If the entire thing was just a skinner box, I certainly wouldn't be playing. I genuinely like the story / characters and game mechanics (trials) so it's still fun even when my pulls suck. Same for Mobius, there's plenty more I enjoy over just summoning new toys (though of course that's a part of it too)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did a single pull on the Batch 1 banner tonight because of Discord and it came down base rainbow: my first Gilgamesh! I don't have any units who would really need a Genji Glove (maybe some mages?), but I'm still glad to finally have him. I was missing 3 of the 5 units from that banner, so I had a better than 50% chance to pull a new unit, and mercifully didn't end up with a dupe Balthier or Merc Ramza, which I count as a 100% win.

I also considered doing a few pulls on Batch 2 because I really want Noctis' TMR, but I already have Delita, Ramza and Zargles, so the math just didn't add up. Sorry, Prince. Someday. I hope.

All in all, it doesn't make up for how badly the Xenogears banner is treating me in JP, but...a new rainbow is a new rainbow.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Since batch 2's units would all be new units to me I pulled all my tickets (except that 10% 5-star) and managed to get an Ace. Was hoping for Noctis or Ramza above all else, but not mad.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I actually got a bunch of tickets back to 80 now. I kinda feel like pulling for batch 2 because I got no units from there and Zargabaath is super cool. I still want to get a spot for him in my team even though I have no need for him as far as I know

Oct 27, 2017
decided to pull on the batch 2 banner, first 10+1 pull was 1 gold and 10 blues, second one gave me my first Noctis. Also did most of the trials except for Malboro, Ang melted the ice Bird in 2 turns, love his fire arrows

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
My ID is: 854.295.222

Thank you! Liking the game a lot so far!

Tried to add you but you're full, send me a request when you have room :) 518, 334, 204.

Sure, friend ID is 291,356,880.

Sent you a request as I didn't have you on my list :)

If you're after T4s, then yes that would be most efficient.

And yes Great Raven's Cape is probably the reason Im seeing so many T4s drop. Its definitely one of the best accessories in the game.

Damn, I totally forgot about that Cape :/ I have it but never had it equipped to Xon, thanks for reminding me. I have a team of Xon, Xon, Xon, Locke and Lara (with 3 Pods) for any farming activities. Not sure if I should swap a Xon with a second Lara? (All Xons are enhanced).

Still need to do the latest 10 unit challenge which is the last fight I need to catch up on, and start the new story which I totally forgot came out until yesterday.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I totally forgot about that Cape :/ I have it but never had it equipped to Xon, thanks for reminding me. I have a team of Xon, Xon, Xon, Locke and Lara (with 3 Pods) for any farming activities. Not sure if I should swap a Xon with a second Lara? (All Xons are enhanced).

Still need to do the latest 10 unit challenge which is the last fight I need to catch up on, and start the new story which I totally forgot came out until yesterday.
Enhanced Xon is just a straight upgrade to Lara and Locke now. No benefit to using 2nd Lara over that I think. Unless there's a weird stacking issue with Master Thief +2 I don't know about, pretty sure the best farming team right now is just 5 enhanced Xon with Raven cape.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Enhanced Xon is just a straight upgrade to Lara and Locke now. No benefit to using 2nd Lara over that I think. Unless there's a weird stacking issue with Master Thief +2 I don't know about, pretty sure the best farming team right now is just 5 enhanced Xon with Raven cape.

Yes, best farming squad would be 1x Xon with Master Thief +2 and 4x with Master Thief +1.

250% Common Item drop increase
250% Rare Item drop increase
100% Gil increase

That's without Pods or Raven's Cape.

Edit - By the way ERA, I need some opinions on Yan. Trying to see if she is worth slotting into my party since she covers what CK Ariana lacks (AoE 100% Revive & backup healing) as well as AoE Auto-revive, massive AoE all elemental resistance, LB fill that isn't tied to a song and 30% Mitigation.

She seems like a natural partner.

Was thinking of possibly going with Yan/CK Ariana/??? as support for Tidus/Camille DPS.

Basche would be ideal for that final spot to cover all my tanking needs, but I don't have him.

As for team buffs I'll likely just be content with Ariana granting 60% all to pair with the 30% mit.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Yan rules. Found her invaluable in clearing some stuff when all I had for healing was an enhanced Luka. I'd still be using her if I didn't get Fina who basically replaced both of them.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Yan rules. Found her invaluable in clearing some stuff when all I had for healing was an enhanced Luka. I'd still be using her if I didn't get Fina who basically replaced both of them.

I was juggling the idea of Rikku in my squad and then looked into other AoE autorevivers and was blowned way with what Yan would offer instead, so I leveled her up from 4* to 6* lvl 100 last night.

If I bring a friend Ang to finish my chains she gets even better.

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
Decided to pull a bit on banner 2 because I've been wanting an Ace for a long time now and never got Zarg. Plus, a dupe Noctis sounds pretty good for the RoL if nothing else.

So I used up my 10% rainbow ticket, which turned into Wakka. Not a great start.

I then did two 5k pulls and came away with 4 rainbows: Noctis (yay!), Delita (dupe, so now 7* ready), and two Zargs. Didn't get my Ace, but I'll still take it. I still have 15k lapis left, so I'm trying hard to stop there even though I could keep trying for that Ace.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just pulled 4 Y'shtola from my first FF14 raid pull. Pulling that many rainbows in pull is magical

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Zarg is awesome. Can't for his Enhancements.

I can't justify all the overlap or else he would also make it into my team just because he can easily be made into a 100% evade 100% Provoke tank.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Personally dropping Dokkan was the reason I actually enjoy BE. I started on DB and joined BE late. DB has become a mess though IMO. It's just a pull simulation.

Each week or two they replace old units with the same unit renamed for whatever this year meta is while completely erasing the last meta then gate every pull with missions that require you to burn stones or have all the best units or get lucky with attack spacing from the enemy. All of this just to actually use that 0.5% unit of the week.

It's too much for me. I actively started enjoying this game more by just deleting Dokkan.

Edit: Oh I forgot to add no free summon apart from once a year on the anniversary, discount pulls rarely exist and often only get put on crap banners, the common free pull systems are gated to useless characters etc. I'm taking my moment to vent about this game lol

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Dokkan was the first gacha game I got into, but yeah I just can't see the appeal anymore. The gameplay has always been barely there and the power creep is nuts. The only thing that's actually fun in that game is when RNG blesses you and you pull a unit you want. Then that fades and you realize there isn't even really anything to do with that unit.

edit: I just spent 2 tickets on the bach 2 banner, got a gold and a rainbow (Zarg). Can't argue with that.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
There's going to be an english release of Another Eden that looks very promising (Masato Kato + Yasunori Mitsuda, aka the Chrono Cross duo is working on it). The global release of Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 gacha is also right around the corner.

I dunno if I'll get hooked to them. FFBE has the advantage of friends that I want to beat (I'm about to outrank one that has been playing longer than me!), but getting to play a new gacha from the start is alluring too. I just don't know if I have enough free time to juggle between them, FFBE is already too long for me as it is.