• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
I listened to you guys and leveled up Camille to have her combo with Tidus. I'm now using the current team of max lvl 6*:

-Tidus
-Camille
-Prompto
-Knight Delita
-Eiko

Do you guys have tips about gear and materias to focus on to be able to fight strong bosses?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I listened to you guys and leveled up Camille to have her combo with Tidus. I'm now using the current team of max lvl 6*:

-Tidus
-Camille
-Prompto
-Knight Delita
-Eiko

Do you guys have tips about gear and materias to focus on to be able to fight strong bosses?

What other units do you have and how are Tidus and Camille geared?

Since I've stopped pulling I've begun team building, so I welcome the info so I can build again. :)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

-Tidus
-Camille
-Prompto
-Knight Delita
-Eiko

As Euphoria said it would be good to know what equip or TMs you already have farmed. Also what is the strongest latest optional Boss you have cleared ?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Chamber_of_the_Fallen

From these Trials...have you cleared any of these and access to the equip?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Ashe who chains with GLS for the Wicked Moon kill right? Levelling her now as these cactaurs roll in since I've nothing else to spend them on. Hopefully later I'll be able to claim that damn rod finally later

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
It's Ashe who chains with GLS for the Wicked Moon kill right? Levelling her now as these cactaurs roll in since I've nothing else to spend them .on. Hopefully later I'll be able to claim that damn rod finally later

Yep. My Ashe and a friend GLS is how I cleared it. Also had Zarg act as my evade provoke tank and Mystea tank Magic damage.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. My Ashe and a friend GLS is how I cleared it. Also had Zarg act as my evade provoke tank and Mystea tank Magic damage.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I'll bring Wilhelm+Basch if things do go bad then. I was able to tank a lot of his stuff with just Basch buy I suppose that will change when I hit a threshold. Was hoping to keep Barb around for charm too though ideally

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm. Perhaps I'll bring Wilhelm+Basch if things do go bad then. I was able to tank a lot of his stuff with just Basch buy I suppose that will change when I hit a threshold. Was hoping to keep Barb around for charm too though ideally
I tried for HOURS to make charm work on Bloody moon and I just could never make it stick after casting. It worth trying, I guess, but if you have an alternate team I suggest trying it first.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth

I can share my CK Ariana if you want to try and charm. She can also assist with the threshold where you get hit with AoE Death. You healer must be able to survive it or at least have autorevive setup on units.

Also just let Willy provoke and eat the damage while Basch eats magic damage and hits with Arma Eraser to keep damage down.

You should be fine.

D.A.

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Is eTidus TDH FD superior to Explorer Aileen TDH?

From what I hear 2B and Tidus are some of the top Fixed Dice users, but they have to use skill rotations for optimal damage with Fixed Dice. I've heard external element imbue and imperils can improve the situation. What future party member element imbuers and high imperil units are on the horizon?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Is eTidus TDH FD superior to Explorer Aileen TDH?

From what I hear 2B and Tidus are some of the top Fixed Dice users, but they have to use skill rotations for optimal damage with Fixed Dice. I've heard external element imbue and imperils can improve the situation. What future party member element imbuers and high imperil units are on the horizon?

As long as one is willing to use Camille or Pirate Jake (Limited unit) a FD TDH Tidus can get away with just using Jecht Shot to get himself water imbued.

Outside of that you need a CK Ariana (Also limited) or willing to Jecht Shot to imbue water and Tidus LB to give up to 100% water imperil.

My understanding is that even with the setup Tidus FD TDH would deal massive damage. Not sure what level of damage E. Aileen does.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
enhanced frost flower blitz is ridiculous. I might not pull for sephiroth anymore because of Freyvia chaining with Orlandu...

I mean its stupid crazy good.

In that sense, where is the best place to farm tech alcrysts in the story event? I can max out a team of item farmers, but I have no clue which level I should be attempting.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can share my CK Ariana if you want to try and charm. She can also assist with the threshold where you get hit with AoE Death. You healer must be able to survive it or at least have autorevive setup on units.

Also just let Willy provoke and eat the damage while Basch eats magic damage and hits with Arma Eraser to keep damage down.

You should be fine.

Thanks but I'll need to ask for a friend GLS since none of my mages can really do much to them. I was hoping I could just charm and nuke with BSS but the charm seems to wear off and he heals again on the second round. Not sure how to do it with that happening.

Can Ashe and GLS one turn KO it? I can't see any way to do it outside of that.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't even know what I'd use Zarg for given I have a good selection of tanks/buffers and nowhere near the gear needed to get his evasion super high. Hmm.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Thanks but I'll need to ask for a friend GLS since none of my mages can really do much to them. I was hoping I could just charm and nuke with BSS but the charm seems to wear off and he heals again on the second round. Not sure how to do it with that happening.

Can Ashe and GLS one turn KO it? I can't see any way to do it outside of that.

No you can't OTKO.

As long as you keep up heals and have AoE Revive on a healer who also equips Safety Bit you should be okay.

Willy to provoke, Basch to AoE Magic Cover and Arms Eraser, Healer as stated above or LB spam Rikku/Yan, GLS and Ashe for DPS and E. Soleil/E. Ramza to buff everyone.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No you can't OTKO.

As long as you keep up heals and have AoE Revive on a healer who also equips Safety Bit you should be okay.

Willy to provoke, Basch to AoE Magic Cover and Arms Eraser, Healer as stated above or LB spam Rikku/Yan, GLS and Ashe for DPS and E. Soleil/E. Ramza to buff everyone.

I must have been doing something wrong then when I tried with BSS. Every attack with her or TT was followed by a 6 million heal from the moon. I guess that must be triggering it or something.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I must have been doing something wrong then when I tried with BSS. Every attack with her or TT was followed by a 6 million heal from the moon. I guess that must be triggering it or something.
In phase 1 it will heal every turn while it rotates. The idea of the first phase is to clear out the apostles to head into phase 2. Apparently you only really need to kill the light and dark apostles, but you have to clear existing apostles for it to summon more and get to those 2, anyway. After phase 2, where the party KO happens, it'll keep rotating but doing damage instead of healing.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
As Euphoria said it would be good to know what equip or TMs you already have farmed. Also what is the strongest latest optional Boss you have cleared ?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Chamber_of_the_Fallen

From these Trials...have you cleared any of these and access to the equip?

The only Boss I have conquered yet is Gilgamesh for his Genji Blade. Also have Genji Gauntlet TMR and currently working on Prishe's Hairpin. I have Siren and Ifrit 2*, Golem and Shiva 1*. I'm pretty much new to the game.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Fuse them all into each other to get a copy of her TM. Do the same with all of the FF14 units. Keep one unit of each and continue to fuse all of the dupes for free TMs.

Alright, did that! I'll continue doing so!

Tried to add you but you're full, send me a request when you have room :) 518, 334, 204.

Sent you a request as I didn't have you on my list :)

Added you!

Are any of the two banners worth rolling on? I'm still going through leveling units and the like. Currently have (in my party):

Rank 6 Blossom Sage Sakura
Rank 6 Wilhelm
Rank 4 Camille (need to farm mats to get her to a 5 star)
Rank 5 Roselia
Rank 3 Firion

I know my units are lacking the gear right now and I'm not sure what my party should consist of. I do have (ones that can reach 6 star):

Silvia, Bran, Helena, Werei, Meliadoul, Victoria, Veritas of the Waters, William, Chloe, Olif, Mystea, Yda, Ohga, Seymour, Verun, Vayne, Emilia, Ozetta, Exdeath, Zidane, and Medius.

Edit: Forgot Ashe, Vertias of the Flame, Shine, and Snow.

Last edited:

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried fighting Bloody Moon with Ashe + friend GLS. Rest of the team was Ayaka, Mystea, Yan, Lunera.

I really wish there was a way to fit BSS into this fight, but 2 BSS doesnt seem as good as Ashe + GLS chaining. Am I right about this?

Took about 15 turns to get through phase 1. Party wiped at first turn of phase 2.

Yan's AoE Reraise wasnt enough to save me as everyone died twice except for Lunera, so I quit.

I forgot to equip Safety Bit on Ayaka and Genji Shield on Mystea.

Ill try again when I see my friend GLS again.

Added you!

Are any of the two banners worth rolling on? I'm still going through leveling units and the like. Currently have (in my party):

Rank 6 Wilhelm
Rank 5 Roselia
Rank 3 Firion

I know my units are lacking the gear right now and I'm not sure what my party should consist of. I do have (ones that can reach 6 star):

Silvia, Bran, Helena, Werei, Meliadoul, Victoria, Veritas of the Waters, William, Chloe, Olif, Mystea, Yda, Ohga, Seymour, Verun, Vayne, Emilia, Ozetta, Exdeath, Zidane, and Medius.

Youve got a strong team going, considering how early you are in the game.

The only things I can suggest are that Chloe can provide great elemental resistance for harder fights where youre facing strong elemental attacks. She can also provide magic killers to your Mage.

The other thing is you may want to consider leveling Victoria (or William) as they're the best 4* mages and their best skill can chain, whille BSS is more of a magic finisher. Finisher means they do sick damage in one shot, where chainers, well, chain with multiple hits of one skill in one turn.

But chaining means you'll have to have someone to chain with (ie 2 Victorias or 2 Williams using the same multi-hit skill). Finding chaining partners is where the Friend List really comes in handy.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

Rank 6 Wilhelm
Rank 5 Roselia
Rank 3 Firion

Zidane is bolded because his TMR is Dual Wield, I know we just got one for "free" from Gagazet, but you really want about 3. not a good unit, BUT probably the best 3* TM.

Work to get a Y'shtola from the Raid gacha, she is way (WAY) better than Roselia for a healer.

I'm not a fan of Firion, I know some are, but I'm not. Next 5* damage dealer you get I recommend replacing him.

Blossom Sage Sakura and Wilhelm are amazing. Every successful 10-man and Trial I have had since I stopped trying to get carried have had Wilhelm on it.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Zidane is bolded because his TMR is Dual Wield, I know we just got one for "free" from Gagazet, but you really want about 3. not a good unit, BUT probably the best 3* TM.

Work to get a Y'shtola from the Raid gacha, she is way (WAY) better than Roselia for a healer.

I'm not a fan of Firion, I know some are, but I'm not. Next 5* damage dealer you get I recommend replacing him.

Blossom Sage Sakura and Wilhelm are amazing. Every successful 10-man and Trial I have had since I stopped trying to get carried have had Wilhelm on it.
Agreed with all of this except for the fact that Roselia became good with her enhancements. She's the only unit with triple-cast.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In phase 1 it will heal every turn while it rotates. The idea of the first phase is to clear out the apostles to head into phase 2. Apparently you only really need to kill the light and dark apostles, but you have to clear existing apostles for it to summon more and get to those 2, anyway. After phase 2, where the party KO happens, it'll keep rotating but doing damage instead of healing.

Lol I decided to quit out on my BSS run at the point they rezzed the apostles. I should have stuck with it I guess since I'd have at least noticed it stops healing eventually.

Is it necessary to kill all enemies at the same time in the last stage? I'd assumed it was going by the rez and that most videos I've seen do, but most were also OTKO's so not sure.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
When are the 7* coming? That still like a year away? lol I need to start running those Gil Turtle weekends to make the money to evolve my team (Zaarg, Cloud, Noctis, Cid, D.Fina, CG Fina & Ayaka). No Ultimate Weapons though. Cid and Ayaka both have 3 each... I also have three Lightnings and Emperors but... yeah.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
When are the 7* coming? That still like a year away? lol I need to start running those Gil Turtle weekends to make the money to evolve my team (Zaarg, Cloud, Noctis, Cid, D.Fina, CG Fina & Ayaka). No Ultimate Weapons though. Cid and Ayaka both have 3 each... I also have three Lightnings but... yeah.

Likely some time this summer, probably around or right after the anniversary.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Likely some time this summer, probably around or right after the anniversary.

Oh right, Completely forgot about the anniversary. Hopefully they have a decent buy a 5* bundles and hand out a freebie too!

Haven't been play much or farming as school has been killing me. Gunna try and get back into it. I got like eight 5* characters to grind TM rewards for. I assume you lose out on the TM Rewards when you combine characters for 7*. So, probably should grind out my extra Cids and Ayakas. Also, my 2nd CG Fina.

I've been working on their all their LB levels for my 7* team and pretty much have them all max out except CG Fina. She's sitting at 18/25. Hopefully, the pots from the event will fix that.

Last edited:

robot

Oct 27, 2017

Added you!

Rank 6 Wilhelm
Rank 5 Roselia
Rank 3 Firion

Edit: Forgot Ashe, Vertias of the Flame, Shine, and Snow.

Along with what others have said, I'd replace Firion with Flame Veritas. They both fill similar roles of a strong physical finisher but Flame is better and doesn't require expensive ability enhancements to be viable. Camille will let you take Tidus and Aileen friends, which will carry you for a while, but eventually you'll want your own physical chainer. You are also a little lacking on support units, Olif/Chloe/Mystea are probably the most viable for that role right now but what you should look out for is Rikku.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I am seriously enjoying the story in this. Just finished up Gronoa and holy shit there was some good stuff in that chapter. Nichol completely losing it was a highlight because it was so unexpected. Can't wait to keep going!

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Youve got a strong team going, considering how early you are in the game.

The only things I can suggest are that Chloe can provide great elemental resistance for harder fights where youre facing strong elemental attacks. She can also provide magic killers to your Mage.

The other thing is you may want to consider leveling Victoria (or William) as they're the best 4* mages and their best skill can chain, whille BSS is more of a magic finisher. Finisher means they do sick damage in one shot, where chainers, well, chain with multiple hits of one skill in one turn.

But chaining means you'll have to have someone to chain with (ie 2 Victorias or 2 Williams using the same multi-hit skill). Finding chaining partners is where the Friend List really comes in handy.

Alright, I'll fit in a Chloe into my team! Also, turns out I have 3 William so I'll try out a team of two and see how it works out for me.

I got enough Y'shtola to get the TMR! I'll switch her into my team and see how it works out. As for Zidane - should I just use the trust moogles to get his TMR? How do people normally get TMRs?

And Sakura and Wilhelm have been great for me. I've been loving Wilhelm's buffs!

Along with what others have said, I'd replace Firion with Flame Veritas. They both fill similar roles of a strong physical finisher but Flame is better and doesn't require expensive ability enhancements to be viable. Camille will let you take Tidus and Aileen friends, which will carry you for a while, but eventually you'll want your own physical chainer. You are also a little lacking on support units, Olif/Chloe/Mystea are probably the most viable for that role right now but what you should look out for is Rikku.

Adding in Chloe and I'll look into Flames and see how he fits into my team. Right now I have: Camille, Wilhelm, Y'shtola, BS Sakura, and Lightning (just got her and am trying her out before switching her out for Chloe).

How is Lightning as a character?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Lightning isn't great, but she'll carry you through the story (which is what you want to focus on for now).

Willy, CG Sakura, Lightning (or Camille when you want to leverage friend Tidus units), Ysh, and Mystea will do everything you need and more.

Lightning will be better for most content because she unlocks Dual Wield at level 100. (Camille will ALSO be great because her TMR is a dual wield enabling water sword.)

Mystea can be benched for a support unit when needed. Definitely pick up and level Minfilia from the raids. She's a great budget buffer and elemental resist unit.

Units you should be targeting now? None. Just get through the story. But if you manage to land Ayaka, Basch, CG Fina, you're set for months. Also, Soleil and Rikku.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I get my TMs primarily through Trust Moogles. Most of my TMs are 20-30% dupe units, 1-5% farming/use, and 65-75% trust moogles.

5* units are almost entirely done with trust moogles. The big thing is that each month if you do all expiring content you will get about 100% TM through moogles

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I don't know how many pull I do for Noctis (maybe around 200 pull spread on 3 separate banner), but at last I got him last night with 1 ticket pull, when I don't need him anymore.

Still my first RoL, sweet.

Is Noctis enhancement solid?
Or he is more of a benchwarmer now?

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Used all of my tickets and 2 multis on the support banner.

Got 2 Zargabaath and a Delita, literally the 2 units I did not want lol

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The only Boss I have conquered yet is Gilgamesh for his Genji Blade. Also have Genji Gauntlet TMR and currently working on Prishe's Hairpin. I have Siren and Ifrit 2*, Golem and Shiva 1*. I'm pretty much new to the game.
Nothing against Prishes TM but that is some high-end stuff that only should be your focus if you have covered all the bases. Do you have farmed and access to 1-2 Dual Wield TMs ? What TM weapons do you own ?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward

Do you have any any of the Top Tier TMs listed on that list not farmed ?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Hoping to know soon whether or not these DQ units got buffed. Was hoping today.

Hoping not because I want to keep hoarding resources. :)

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Nothing against Prishes TM but that is some high-end stuff that only should be your focus if you have covered all the bases. Do you have farmed and access to 1-2 Dual Wield TMs ? What TM weapons do you own ?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward

Do you have any any of the Top Tier TMs listed on that list not farmed ?

I was looking for a quick way to upload multiple pictures to show the units I have. So about the TMR, I kept 3 Zidane in case that I need some more Dual Wield. I got one from Gagazet and I have the Genji Gauntlet from Gilgamesh TM. I can also use Bowie Knife from Tomb Raider event, but I know this is not optimal. I don't have any TM Weapon yet.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking for a quick way to upload multiple pictures to show the units I have. So about the TMR, I kept 3 Zidane in case that I need some more Dual Wield. I got one from Gagazet and I have the Genji Gauntlet from Gilgamesh TM. I can also use Bowie Knife from Tomb Raider event, but I know this is not optimal. I don't have any TM Weapon yet.
Seems like you are good to go in terms of Dual Wield that helps a lot especially if you wanna chain with other units.

Before focusing on minor stuff like Accessoires you should make sure to equip you main damage dealer with the best possible weapon. If Tidus is your main attacker you probably wanna get his Brotherhood Sword.

Tidus Dual Wielding Brotherhood and another weapon + his latest ability enhancements should be enough to clear you a lot of content.

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Seems like you are good to go in terms of Dual Wield that helps a lot especially if you wanna chain with other units.

Before focusing on minor stuff like Accessoires you should make sure to equip you main damage dealer with the best possible weapon. If Tidus is your main attacker you probably wanna get his Brotherhood Sword.

Tidus Dual Wielding Brotherhood and another weapon + his latest ability enhancements should be enough to clear you a lot of content.

Should I try to beat any other boss than Gilgamesh to get some gear?

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how many pull I do for Noctis (maybe around 200 pull spread on 3 separate banner), but at last I got him last night with 1 ticket pull, when I don't need him anymore.

Still my first RoL, sweet.

Is Noctis enhancement solid?
Or he is more of a benchwarmer now?
I still use Noctis all of the time. Especially useful for Mog King events where you want as many bonus (useless) units as possible in your party.

His flasks take care of multiple enemies, and Warp Strike takes care of single enemies. He can easily be built to have +1000ATK and +500MAG with RoL.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Link and Warp Strike seem horribly overpriced to me, Fish is good if you want to use him as an evade tank, and Chosen King is cheap enough to upgrade if you use him regularly as a damage unit.