• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. No

Yoshi
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, that was a joke. Just poking fun at Gumi for not releasing the (sometimes long overdue) enhancements people want.

I'm at the point that I just don't care about Ramza anymore. I remember when his banner first came out I spent a ton of money to hard pull him so that I would ready for his enhancements.

I've since gotten over a half dozen more of him, and I've pretty much stopped caring. I understand why they've delayed him from a balance perspective, but I wish they were a lot more communicative about it.

Are all of you guys hating on Ariana just because it's Madame Grande or would you be equally mad if it would be a different, thematically/stylistically more fitting singer like Florence Welch?

I have nothing against Ariana, but I'm totally not in her target demographics. I think most FF fans probably skew a little older, and are predominantly male, as they are old enough to remember the peak of the series, and are likely not in her core demographics; which are younger and female.

Which is also the reason why getting her on this game is probably a solid business move as it brings new players, that aren't attracted by older JRPGS, into the game, and potentially into the series as well. The FF brand isn't what it used to be, and sparking interest, and attracting attention to the brand is a good thing.

So I really hope she is a good unit, but what I fear is that she's basically a bard that is a Ramza replacement, which comes across to the community like she's the reason why Ramza enhancements have been delayed so long. Hopefully her skillset is something unique and interesting. If that's the case I would definitely pull for her (as I also want her TM).

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are all of you guys hating on Ariana just because it's Madame Grande or would you be equally mad if it would be a different, thematically/stylistically more fitting singer like Florence Welch?

Not sure if my post counted as hating on Ariana; I actually quite like her last album. The only problem I have with the collabs is that her units haven't been particularly good. They're not bad but they've had a power of a freebie 4*; although this one is a 5* on a banner so it'll be cool to see how that plays out. Not to mention I occasionally see them as putting units I do want further into the future. Whether or not they actually affect the schedule per se or just taking the place of a collab that wasn't coming to global, I have no idea.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are underestimating Charming Kitty Ariana.

-- We have two new Arianas in the new event. The freebie is a 4* base, the one is a 5* base.

The raid 4* and the gacha 5* Ariannas are both bards. The freebie one will be mostly forgettable. The other one is a 5* bard.... and there was a missing 5* bard from the last event.... HRRRRMMMM....​

So, what we have here is by denying Roy and Enhanced Ramza, Gumi has the opportunity to introduce the next "step-up" bard in terms of power creep over Lunera, but avoid having to blast all the way up to Roy/ E-Ramza levels. Looks like she is a combination of Lunera MP heal + a new LB Hide Tide song that neither Ramza nor Lunera obtains. In addition, she may possess a Marie-tier full elemental resistance buff.

It's all going to be in the numbers from the datamine. But, I can all-but-guarantee that 5* base Ariana is going to be a strong unit.

Essentially, would you pull for a upgraded limited-edition version of Marie?

Oct 27, 2017
Except it's really not. Sure, she gets 60 Mag from it, but she gets 56.4 Mag from a Magistral Crest AND 56 (55.8) Spirit. I would never give up 56 spirit for 3-4 Mag depending on rounding.

It's also still very difficult to hit caps on Global.

Well yes and no. This assumes one has multiple magical crests. I have 2 and access to a 3rd that's at 90%. The first GLS gets the two and this new accessory would go to the second who's using either Earring or Candy basket. I agree with you that over all MC > this new acc but it's all relative to what one has.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
/chuckles ominously

The summon banner says that Four Fiends Banner ends on 11/23.
The Ariana/Ling banner (from the news page) states that it ends on 11/23.

So, all current and next event banners end at the exact same time.

I wonder what happened last time
that I called exactly correctly
all the banners lined up their end dates perfectly....

That's going to make the datamine on Kitty Ariana all the more delicious, if indeed she is as good as I'm expecting. This is going to be ultimate torture for some, if I'm right. Perfect form, Gumi.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
/chuckles ominously

Like a 3% rainbow for Black Friday? :p

EDIT : latest occurrence :

szsgp3shbu5o.png
dbx3uclk5u8f.png

= no more troll crystal update

vbzbfo2lltukt.jpg

Last edited:

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know anything about american music, but if they start putting in japanese / korean singers, I'd be way more on board! I don't hate it or whatever, but I'd prefer more FF personally and it's a super easy skip for me. No dailies for a week isn't the worst thing ever.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
/chuckles ominously

So, all current and next event banners end at the exact same time.

I wonder what happened last time
that I called exactly correctly
all the banners lined up their end dates perfectly....

That's going to make the datamine on Kitty Ariana all the more delicious, if indeed she is as good as I'm expecting. This is going to be ultimate torture for some, if I'm right. Perfect form, Gumi.
This plus V's hint-dropping pretty much confirms it for me, since you were dead on the money last time...

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Like a 3% rainbow for Black Friday? :p

This plus V's hint-dropping pretty much confirms it for me, since you were dead on the money last time...

Yup. That puts the "rumor" in 99.9% confirmed territory (expecting that confirmation at Seoul Fan Festa this weekend), which also completely explains the event this coming week.

This also places Kitty Ariana in the "one last hurrah" of the 1% rainbow Global era.

So, if players are armed with that information that 3% (or at least greater than 1%) rainbows are coming in 9 days, who would want to pull on this banner?

But... if a unit just happens to be exceptionally good, is only is existence for 7 days ever, and outside of a lot of luck requires 25k lapis to pull, what kind of crazy skillset would she have that induce players to spend that kind of lapis instead of saving one more week for the permanently enhanced rainbow rate starting the week thereafter?

<insert popcorn.jpg here>

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Good gravy, has it really been 9 months already since the removal of the troll rainbows?

/feelsold

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope all this is the case! I don't care how good she is, they're not getting a single summon out of me.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
If Ariana is going to close this dark chapter then she can hurry up and get the fudge out!

Dr. No

Yoshi
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. That puts the "rumor" in 99.9% confirmed territory (expecting that confirmation at Seoul Fan Festa this weekend), which also completely explains the event this coming week.

This also places Kitty Ariana in the "one last hurrah" of the 1% rainbow Global era.

So, if players are armed with that information that 3% (or at least greater than 1%) rainbows are coming in 9 days, who would want to pull on this banner?

But... if a unit just happens to be exceptionally good, is only is existence for 7 days ever, and outside of a lot of luck requires 25k lapis to pull, what kind of crazy skillset would she have that induce players to spend that kind of lapis instead of saving one more week for the permanently enhanced rainbow rate starting the week thereafter?

<insert popcorn.jpg here>

With the 25k guarantee mini 'step-up' the probability of getting an on-banner 5* unit is actually better than 3% rate up. If you pull 25k, you're guaranteed a banner 5* banner unit in addition to five 10+1 pulls you get at current rates.

Even with the 3% rate up, the on-banner rainbow rate is still going to be 1.5% on a single 5* unit banner; which is around 1 in 66 pulls.

The value proposition comes down to how good the Ariana unit is. I'm thinking that hey may make her pretty good.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad half-upgrade between Ayaka and Tilith/Refia if you don't have the former. Zarg-level buffs. Some unique debuff-blocking abilities. She's not the worst but nobody should sell their house for her. Or really bother pulling at all.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
She's not bad, she's just nowhere near OP or meta defining. She has quite a bit of utility and seems like a situational Tilith alternative. Not worth pursuing IMO

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Game is coming up, but very unstable. Send friend gifts, connection error. Arena, connection error. Story mission, connection error. Just a heads up.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised the game ended up broken after maintenance again.
Returning to title screen like before didn't help.
Edit : Arena is fixed now.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Enhanced Wilhelm "Protector" text has typo:
Screenshot_20171116-155439.png

There is no (and should not be) Earth Resistance for Wilhelm.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to wait on enhancing Wilhelm until I had more girl, but when I saw the typo I did that one right away. Something something potential source of compensation... something something

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Wilhelm... my favorite tank. He got awesome enhancements, but I just dont have the T3s. Guess its back to the story event and/or vortex.

I put up my Xon to share, maybe some of you can do the same. I noticed some were sharing him already, which is nice.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of a Unit Calc with Grim Lord Sakura loaded in? The one we've been using doesn't seem to have her. Anyway I have 3 TMs about to pop for her and can't remember my next in queue. Help?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Raid is live!

Dont pull in this banner. Wait for Black Friday banner!

Said in Discord I do one daily, cause I haven't pulled after I used 15k in Demon Rain banner. Just to get my pull itch done.

Screenshot_20171117-100329.png

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
I used 2 4* tix...one hope, one vanille.

Ling continues to elude me. Maybe on a cny rerun banner, though then i would rather want yun (gumi pls)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Took some turns (30ish?) but got everything in one go. Sharing GLS with Bahamut, summoning it does ~41400 damage to Golbez.

16.10.2016 vs 17.11.2017

Screenshot_20161014-221207.png
Screenshot_20171117-124622.png

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Golbez was super easy, was kinda scared and put WoL but he couldn't do anything appart from provoking the Dragon's OS attacks I guess.
Edit : just realized he never did Binding Cold on my run.

Last edited:

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Was there a stealth update I'm unaware of?

Using Panzer Dance and Schwartz Dance no longer gives my team 120% all buffs.

Where each skill used to allow me to use almost any set of dances interchangeably now requires a specific dance to be used first.

Wiki doesn't even match what I'm seeing in my game.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Searching online and yup, she got nerfed.

I'm reading that you can no longer maintain 120% buff all after turn 3.

That's some real bullshit. I want all my mats, Gil, etc... back. This is slimey shit.

Edit - Thank goodness for Discord. It seems to just be a text error. Dance combos still work.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Searching online and yup, she got nerfed.

I'm reading that you can no longer maintain 120% buff all after turn 3.

That's some real bullshit. I want all my mats, Gil, etc... back. This is slimey shit.
Naww. Text is bugged, same as Wilhelm & Noctis.
Post Maintenance bugs

Code:
Soleil
Text Descriptions showing JP versions.
(Which doesn't have the debuffs etc)

Ability data untouched, skills still work as usual

Oct 27, 2017
Any iphone user needs to watch this. I have not tried it but reddit is swearing by it:

https://youtu.be/s3FIDxUKmgo

Hi /r/FFBraveExvius, I have always been a long time lurker of this sub. Ever since joining this sub many months ago I have only seen people talking about switch controls for chaining on IOS. IMO not only is this method infuriating to set up for units such as Onion Knight and Tidus. It is also a pain to use over a long battle.

A few months back I made the switch from and Android phone to an Iphone 7 plus and was bummed that I would not be able to enjoy using magnification gestures anymore and gave up setting up switch controls after many many trails and errors. One day while playing FFBE a thought suddenly occurred to me based on how IOS handles its user interface. IOS unlike android freezes the app you're in if you access any UI elements such as the notification tray and control center while within the app. Sorry for the long story. To get to the main point of this post, I have found that if you reproduce these steps you will be able to perfectly spark chain 100% of the time.

Steps:

1. swipe control center up

2. swipe control center down to close it

3. tap on both chainers (not at the same time) while the app is still frozen (similar speed to magni gestures on android)
https://youtu.be/s3FIDxUKmgo

So far this method has a 100% success rate for me but i haven't tried it on other IOS devices. Happy Farming! :)

Oct 27, 2017
Rikku trivialized the Golbez trial. Went in blind with Wilhelm, 2 GLS, Ayaka, and A2. Got him to 50%, killed the shadow dragon and went from 100% health to 0. Swapped out A2 for Rikku and Wilhelm for Garnet who used Bahamut. All missions accomplished.