• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
3 Percent Rainbows boyssss

My rainbow luck is exhausted for awhile now. Pulled CK Ariana yesterday then used my 4* Ticket from the event on fiends banner and got Barb. Wanted Rubi though for that 30% SPR TMR. But can't argue with a Rainbow Unit.

Should be saving for CG Fina though... She coming in what? January?
Noticed your Barb, grats.

We are theorycrafting on Discordchat, everyone is welcomed.

Next Friday (BF): Noctis (upgraded) + Glaudo
-> Unless you really need Noctis, do not pull. Glaudo is same crap as he is in JP (no global tuning)

Week after BF: Roy & company
-> Depends if one wants to chase for Roy. But I aint pulling

8th December: Cloud & others (Elfried?)
-> Pull pull pull.
Exception:

Save your 4* ticket for Mistair

Last edited:

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
it'shappening.gif

Now the question is do I wait to use the 10+1 tickets until Mistair / Cloud are in the pool... kinda crappy that I have no interest in the banner that's starting on Friday since I already have Noctis. But still, super pumped that it's actually finally coming!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Will the upgrades make Noctis a viable tank or do we have to wait for his enhancements ? Have WoL/EoV but would be cool to use Noctis more often again.

Ring of the Lucii buff confirmed is all I wanted <3
Told you we would get good news today.
I just finished his TM this week -perfect timing...took me months lol.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking for the upcoming bloody moon to use Chloe's additive Demon Killer on two Luneras with her Elf's Bow (which as Demon Killer) with Barbariccia's Spirit (which has Demon Killer as well) with Cursed Mouthpiece (yet another source of Demon Killer), with Barbariccia (or any other mage) finisher with Marlboro tentacle. Would be a great way to stack a lot of demon killers those dps units.

Toss in a Sun Barrette for yet another source of stackable Demon Killer as well.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
it'shappening.gif

Now the question is do I wait to use the 10+1 tickets until Mistair / Cloud are in the pool... kinda crappy that I have no interest in the banner that's starting on Friday since I already have Noctis. But still, super pumped that it's actually finally coming!

Absolutely wait.

Using the leaked schedule - which is still... somewhat reliable in terms of banners, with some delays and tweaks - there's a reasonable chance, I think, that Mistair's banner (poor Duke) drops the second week of Cloud's banner. So something like:

Noctis/Gladio + FFXV event
Roy/Grom/Aura
Cloud/Elfreeda
Duke/Mistair

Is what I'm expecting. Consequently, if you have (or don't care about) Noctis, and aren't in a rush to hop onto the bard train (because you have Ramza or Lunera, or enhanced Soleil, or Zargabaath), I think the smart play may be to wait for week 2 of Cloud's banner even if you're going all in. That way Mistair may be in the pool while you chase Let's Mosey.

I should note that even if it plays out this way I probably won't be able to wait 'til week 2 myself.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
About BF bundle:

EA9tsL4r.jpg

Banner has:
- Moogle coming from chest
- 10+1 ex tix
- Sword (JP it is: Lohengrin [Sword] +109 ATK +37 MAG) could it be buffed to Global?
- Materia
- Trust moogle 10%

See the rainbow below "Black Friday Special" text

- Left chest has:
* Nrg
* 1 normal tix

- Middle chest has:
* Nrg potions
* Lapis
* 2 Normal tix
* 1x 4* (could be ex or not) tix

- Right chest has:
- Lapis
- 3 Normal tix

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it'shappening.gif

I'm actually saving my 10+1 and EX tickets for when CG Sakura is in the pool. I'll just be using normal resources on Cloud banner.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
My Noctis and Ring of the Lucii are weeping.

What buffs are we expecting, an exact duplicate of JP Noct?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So he's gonna become pretty beastly then?
Him getting a real damaging move will be amazing (and a 1050% finisher he'll be able to spam more often with enhancements), otherwise more HP/MP, auto-refresh, more stats via passive, maybe Gumi will keep the 400% on flasks but I will be fine if it become 300%.
Also a real breaker with those 45% ones, pretty excited for him to be more impactful again.

EDIT : apparently GL Noctis will be more powerful than JP Noctis https://brave-exvius.com/threads/gl-noctis-will-be-more-powerful-than-jp-noctis.26569/

Last edited:

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OH YES BABY. GIVE ME ALL THOSE GOOD NEWS

I've just been playing casually this past week because schoolwork is streesing me out and I don't have time for this at the moment, but I'm happy to know the state of the game will improve when I'm back to playing this optimally again at the end of the month.

The Noctis buff is all I wanted to hear. I got him back in the anniversary so I really hadn't use him much since there's been better units than him.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Him getting a real damaging move will be amazing (and a 1050% finisher he'll be able to spam more often with enhancements), otherwise more HP/MP, auto-refresh, more stats via passive, maybe Gumi will keep the 400% on flasks but I will be fine if it become 300%.
Also a real breaker with those 45% ones, pretty excited for him to be more impactful again.

EDIT : apparently GL Noctis will be more powerful than JP Noctis https://brave-exvius.com/threads/gl-noctis-will-be-more-powerful-than-jp-noctis.26569/

!!!

Best boy gets even better

13525422_276260562732979_1250245218_n.jpg

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
!!!

Best boy gets even better

13525422_276260562732979_1250245218_n.jpg
My first 2 rainbows in this game were both Noctis. I think that kept me in this game for the long haul. I always use him, and now Ill finally have a 5* finisher. And 2 upgraded RoLs!

Plus I have a bunch of Lapis and Tix and EX Tix and 10+1s saved up, so the future looks blindingly bright!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
So something rather funny happened....always great when stupid decisions are rewarded. Could have saved it, but just said f it and lets use the 4* ticket we got today since i could use a Top Tier Healer - even if its Ariana lol.

Pulled Noctis (dupe) - first time ever i got a Rainbow from a 4* ticket. Just in time for his buffs and after i got his TM after months of farming.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Noticed your Barb, grats.

Thanks. I gotta level her and dress her up though. I assume just standard MAG works?

Absolutely wait.
Noctis
Roy
Duke/Mistair

I want all these. At least Duke or two. For his TM for my Elza/Aileen. Roy's TM for Ayaka would be nice... and like three more Noctis and five Mistairs for my Arena Team (Lightning/Lightning/Ling/Tidus/WoL). GUMI plz.

it'shappening.gif

How do the pools work anyways? During the Halloween Banner with Draculasswell/Demon Rain, I used a 5* EX Ticket I had saved up and ended up with Darculasswell. Was that just luck? Did I get the unit from a complete pool of 5* Rainbow Units or does the 5* EX Ticket have the same 50/50 odds of pulling a banner unit? Because if it has the same 50/50 banner odds then I'm just gunna hold on to a bunch of them for one particular unit I want someday. lol

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
How do the pools work anyways? During the Halloween Banner with Draculasswell/Demon Rain, I used a 5* EX Ticket I had saved up and ended up with Darculasswell. Was that just luck? Did I get the unit from a complete pool of 5* Rainbow Units or does the 5* EX Ticket have the same 50/50 odds of pulling a banner unit? Because if it has the same 50/50 banner odds then I'm just gunna hold on to a bunch of them for one particular unit I want someday. lol
That was just dumb luck, yep. EX tickets just take the entire pool equally, including limited time ones if they're currently active. Bummer it wasn't Demon Rain! Also used mine during Halloween but got Delita.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
That was just dumb luck, yep. EX tickets just take the entire pool equally, including limited time ones if they're currently active. Bummer it wasn't Demon Rain! Also used mine during Halloween but got Delita.

I'm actually okay with DL. His Cloak adds 10% evade to my Arena Evade Team. My two Lightning and Tidus have Perfect physical evade and I'm working on my Ling now. Ideally I'd like to get more non-ability (Quick Assaults) and more equipment so I can plop a mechanical heart on everybody too... lol Having a couple more Noctis would be ideal.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually okay with DL. His Cloak adds 10% evade to my Arena Evade Team. My two Lightning and Tidus have Perfect physical evade and I'm working on my Ling now. Ideally I'd like to get more non-ability (Quick Assaults) and more equipment so I can plop a mechanical heart on everybody too... lol Having a couple more Noctis would be ideal.
That's because you're a crazy person that gives arena more than 2 seconds of thought...

But hey to each their own!

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
You're the type of arena user I think should be banned.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing fine with my double Shantotto/Victoria/Noctis with Razmatazz, 100% evade teams don't scare me and a few of them don't have full Ribbon/Discernment :p

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished up the Vault/Raven questline thanks to the 1/2 NRG, is my reasoning sound on putting the Great Raven's Cape on Tilith?

Accessory
DEF 15, SPR 15

Boosts the rate of rare items dropped by enemies
Decrease chance of being targeted (100%)

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If it's true about the 15k for three banners of 5* garaunteed...

We need some more lapis out of gumi! I don't think it's possible to get 5k in a month let alone 10-15k

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
That's because you're a crazy person that gives arena more than 2 seconds of thought...

But hey to each their own!

The funny thing is I run the five orbs in the Arena just for the the two 20 x lapis. The set up is only to annoy people that ever have the honor of facing my team. I'm hoping for an Arena re-haul some year where we get points or something for your team successfully defending off other players.

You're the type of arena user I think should be banned.

lul. No way, fair game. I took the time to farm all that junk evade / elemental resist equipment and awaken their evade abilities. It needs to be allowed.

I'm doing fine with my double Shantotto/Victoria/Noctis with Razmatazz, 100% evade teams don't scare me and a few of them don't have full Ribbon/Discernment :p

I'm trying. It's hard right now to get it on everyone without dropping them to 90%. I have 3 ribbons, 4 Discernment and 1 whatever Tilith's TM is called. Plus I wanna put mechanical hearts on everyone too I got 3 farmed and another 4 of the robot dood sitting around... So i got some options but I still need a variety of other evade armors/accessories. Don't think I'll ever get 100% physical evade with 100% immunity, Elemental resist and a Mechanical Heart... but I'm trying to work out some sort of annoying combination.

Most of them have like 30% innate evade. Adding 20-sided die brings them to 50%. Two Quick Assaults is 70%. I could toss on a Discernment and Mechanical Heart abilities for immunity and healing/countering.

Having a few Noctis Rings would be optimal... Would bring everyone to 95% I believe... but I only have one. :(
Maybe one day we can choose our Rainbows...

I have 4 Minerva Bustiers and two Judge Helms for additional elemental coverage... Also 4 Garnets I could potentially farm too but then I would loose a Quick Assault... Bringing everyone to 60% Hmmmmmmm... Need more planning and equipment me thinks.

Not sure what other evade items I have at the moment... that 10% kitana, 5% sword... Draculasswell Cape soon. No Assassin Vest because I haven't done any trials since Girugamesh.

Last edited:

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished up the Vault/Raven questline thanks to the 1/2 NRG, is my reasoning sound on putting the Great Raven's Cape on Tilith?

Accessory
DEF 15, SPR 15

Boosts the rate of rare items dropped by enemies
Decrease chance of being targeted (100%)
Well, what's your reasoning?

I guess it makes sense if you want to keep her from being targeted.

I usually just use it with Xon when farming ability crysts.
The funny thing is I run the five orbs in the Arena just for the the two 20 x lapis. The set up is only to annoy people that ever have the honor of facing my team. I'm hoping for an Arena re-haul some year where we get points or something for your team successfully defending off other players.
Yeah Id like to see something like that too. Best would be a "Live Arena" where you go against an actual player instead of the AI.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
So something rather funny happened....always great when stupid decisions are rewarded. Could have saved it, but just said f it and lets use the 4* ticket we got today since i could use a Top Tier Healer - even if its Ariana lol.

Pulled Noctis (dupe) - first time ever i got a Rainbow from a 4* ticket. Just in time for his buffs and after i got his TM after months of farming.

Yeah very dumb decision. Iam saving my 4* tickets to Mistair banner (4* magic tank, dupe gold in that banner).

Anyways, welcome to the twin Noctis brohood. Now grind / moogle that other ring too.
Sometimes being dumb makes sense, usually it doesn't :D.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Never got a rainbow on my free dailies and we should have got more than 60 by now.
I actually hope it won't be this week so I escape Ariana, wouldn't mind Ling though.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Cant do my free pull because the game crashes everytime i wanna move to the summon tab.

Yeah very dumb decision. Iam saving my 4* tickets to Mistair banner (4* magic tank, dupe gold in that banner).

Anyways, welcome to the twin Noctis brohood. Now grind / moogle that other ring too.
Sometimes being dumb makes sense, usually it doesn't :D.
True and thanks.

But Mistair will always stay in the pool right ? I feel with all the pulls and tickets we might get during the Holidays i should have a high chance of getting him. Outside of Tillith since i kinda missed her i always had good luck with 4*.