• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
So I posted yesterday about throwing a few tix at this banner because I want Nalu.

Used maybe six tix yesterday and didn't really pull anything good.

Today, my first ticket pull (not counting free 5% daily cause I never get anything but blues from those) came down RAINBOW!

My first HT Lid! I'll gladly take that. Even though I have 7* Ramza whose sole purpose is breaking...

So now I have three of the CG units. But they're the best three: Sakura, Nichol, and Lid. Sadly I don't have dupes of any of them... yet.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So just pulled a 5* Lightning and have my first 7*..... I'm happy I guess but ugh why'd it have to be Lightning of all characters.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Used a 4* ticket on the FFBE banner and pulled a second Nalu AND a 10% All trust moogle, double rainbow!

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My account is cursed. Two weeks in and I've not even had a gold from the free pulls.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My account is cursed. Two weeks in and I've not even had a gold from the free pulls.
We got free 4* ticket today, surely you got gold with it?

I might try to get for 11k Lapis to use next step up banner when it comes. Iam fairly sure my days of hoarding Lapis are over.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We got free 4* ticket today, surely you got gold with it?

I might try to get for 11k Lapis to use next step up banner when it comes. Iam fairly sure my days of hoarding Lapis are over.

You know what I might just throw that ticket at this banner begrudgingly to actually get something other than blue. I've been reserving them for Hyoh but I've got a pretty nice reserve anyway

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
7wQhmap.png

Decided to try the 5% 5k pull seeing as how my friends were pulling 1-2 rainbows.

Sorta regret using my moogles on Loren now..

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Atleast you get 5% all moogle. Or if very lucky 10% all.
Decided to throw a few in since I had a bunch and left with 55% by the end. No rainbows but I could use moogles anyway. Whenever 7* Fina drops I'm gonna want to grab that second hairpin too
All of the ticket pulls I did on that banner gave me 5% specific trust moogles for 5* units (Squall, Eiko, Cloud ect) except for when I got a 10% ALL moogle, didn't see any 5% ALL moogles
It's only for 4* tickets. Regular tickets get you specific masteries instead.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to use my soon to be 7* Onion Knight for fun, just hope he's getting buffed to make up for the awakening and enhancement delay.
Otherwise I'm busy with other games actually so I don't mind slow weeks.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to throw a few in since I had a bunch and left with 55% by the end. No rainbows but I could use moogles anyway. Whenever 7* Fina drops I'm gonna want to grab that second hairpin too

It's only for 4* tickets. Regular tickets get you specific masteries instead.
Ahhh I see, thank you.

Also that awkward moment when you realise that you have TOO MUCH true doublehand on your Squall (350%) and that your attack could be higher. Check these things people! :P

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Ahhh I see, thank you.

Also that awkward moment when you realise that you have TOO MUCH true doublehand on your Squall (350%) and that your attack could be higher. Check these things people! :P
Using the FFBE Builder is great to prevent this, actually. It took some time to put my crap in, but after that it's just a matter of adding new stuff as you get it.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So I noticed something pretty neat
On it's own Wind Barrett looks like the pic on the left, with straight white lines. When combined with Tornado the effect is bigger and more erratic.

It's probably the effect of Tornado distorting the effect of Wind Barrett, but it's really cool looking

Edit: seems to work for the other Barrett skills too but it's harder to notice, so it must be the animation of Tornado literally distorting all effects around it

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So are we actually expecting Hyou to come out next month? I wondering if they'll delay him because they know people are waiting for him.
Holy fuck 7* take so much experience
Apparently it takes 10 maxed king cacs to go from 101 to 120. Gives us a reason to get the mog king cacs again though. I just wish they would gave us the seperate cac/pot space like JP got recently. I have about 30 slots being taken up with cacs and pots.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
So are we actually expecting Hyou to come out next month? I wondering if they'll delay him because they know people are waiting for him.
Apparently it takes 10 maxed king cacs to go from 101 to 120. Gives us a reason to get the mog king cacs again though. I just wish they would gave us the seperate cac/pot space like JP got recently. I have about 30 slots being taken up with cacs and pots.

Hyoh is tied to the next story event, so I really dont see him being delayed because of that. But who knows, shit happens.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
There's a GLEX banner or two preceding him. Think the idea is to drain lapis/tickets beforehand so people need to top up to get 2 of him. Our trials are still behind the curve relative to JP so it's not like Hyoh is going to really do anything that a well-geared Orlandeau or what have you can't. Overkill is overkill. There's no reason to delay anything.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I tried to discuss this once before but no one bit and as someone created a topic on Reddit for it now, I thought I'd bring it back up. What are you guys equipping as Hyou's weapon? I was wondering if a one-handed elemental was stronger for him than LionHeart but the Reddit thread seems to conclude that it is. So now the question is Tonitrus or Agni? It looks like the Bravery passive makes the former stronger than the latter. This all said, I fully expect to see everyone throwing Excalibur 2 on him to chain with Sephy and Orlandeu for a while. If enough people share Hyou though, it'd be better to cater to Hyou's imbuements. Two 7* Hyous will do far more damage than chaining your Hyou with your Orlandeu or Sephy, after all.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to discuss this once before but no one bit and as someone created a topic on Reddit for it now, I thought I'd bring it back up. What are you guys equipping as Hyou's weapon? I was wondering if a one-handed elemental was stronger for him than LionHeart but the Reddit thread seems to conclude that it is. So now the question is Tonitrus or Agni? It looks like the Bravery passive makes the former stronger than the latter. This all said, I fully expect to see everyone throwing Excalibur 2 on him to chain with Sephy and Orlandeu for a while. If enough people share Hyou though, it'd be better to cater to Hyou's imbuements. Two 7* Hyous will do far more damage than chaining your Hyou with your Orlandeu or Sephy, after all.
Agni's 5 more base ATK is 20 ATK at max TDH and Auto-Bravery is meaningless because you're going to be using his cooldown ability on turn 1 which is a 200% ATK buff. That said, it depends what the trial is weak against, if anything. Agni by default though. Light has a niche (especially if you have Orlandeau's STMR which is a 196 ATK jump over Agni) if you can afford to slot Ace or Sephiroth in. You'll also gain damage there by not having to waste one of Hyoh's actions with his imperil. This would probably be for one-shot stuff (your Hyoh, friend Hyoh, your Seph/Ace/Orlandeau for imperil, breaker, 2 mooks to cheer on the sidelines) or to just fuck around with.

edit: actually he self-buffs himself with 100% ATK for 3 turns off of his level 110 ability so Auto-Bravery won't even apply.

Last edited:

robot

Oct 27, 2017

Depends what you're fighting and what you have. His BiS will be Arngrin's STM from the VP banner. That's a 2-h lightning greatsword. Unfortunately elemental 2-h weapons are almost strictly in the realm of STM, and even then are quite rare. After that, the next best bet is likely Cloud's STM and then apply an imbune to Hyou. I was considering doing this myself with maybe Ray Jack as a way to AoE imbune two Hyous at once. A cheaper but riskier alternative would be to use Desch. After that are your one-handed weapons like Tonitrus and Agni. Which is better depends entirely on the fight, but I'd say fire will probably become the default choice.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Agni's 5 more base ATK is 20 ATK at max TDH and Auto-Bravery is meaningless because you're going to be using his cooldown ability on turn 1 which is a 200% ATK buff. That said, it depends what the trial is weak against, if anything. Agni by default though. Light has a niche (especially if you have Orlandeau's STMR which is a 196 ATK jump over Agni) if you can afford to slot Ace or Sephiroth in. You'll also gain damage there by not having to waste one of Hyoh's actions with his imperil. This would probably be for one-shot stuff (your Hyoh, friend Hyoh, your Seph/Ace/Orlandeau for imperil, breaker, 2 mooks to cheer on the sidelines) or to just fuck around with.
Ah, I forgot to calculate the TDH bonus to the ATK value, thanks. Too bad, I've fused a number of the unit with Tonitrus together over time but only just received an Elbis the other day. I'd probably be willing to use a moogle on the BiS for Hyoh though (excluding STMRs). In my case, it'd be a VoD I'll be chaining him with aside from a friend unit but I could always get that Crimson Blade or whatever Rain's weapon is called as a quick cheap option for VoD. Since VoD can't imperil light anyway, doesn't make sense to go with Excal 2 when chaining with Hyoh. Thanks again, I'll get that Elbis TMR and work on Tonitrus in the near future to gain flexibility. I just needed to know who to use a moogle on when Hyoh hits since I'm not willing to waste two for these weapons.
Depends what you're fighting and what you have. His BiS will be Arngrin's STM from the VP banner. That's a 2-h lightning greatsword. Unfortunately elemental 2-h weapons are almost strictly in the realm of STM, and even then are quite rare. After that, the next best bet is likely Cloud's STM and then apply an imbune to Hyou. I was considering doing this myself with maybe Ray Jack as a way to AoE imbune two Hyous at once. A cheaper but riskier alternative would be to use Desch. After that are your one-handed weapons like Tonitrus and Agni. Which is better depends entirely on the fight, but I'd say fire will probably become the default choice.

I thought to myself that people will probably say depends on what the boss is weak to, should have said without that in the equation but I appreciate that you went beyond that.Yes I'm aware of Angrim's STMR but STMRs are lol for new banners that don't even have a step up. Hell, even if it's the 25k step up and you do three laps you still have to be really lucky as my FFVIII run shows. I *could* have obtained 4 Squalls instead of 2 of each he and Rinoa but I didn't and the odds are slim. Thankfully, my fanboy ass wanted them both anyway. I was just trying to decide between the two one-handed swords which are easy enough to get as I didn't want to use a moogle on both of them. I figure I'll use a moogle on the better of the two and learn the other at a normal pace. Godspeed to anyone throwing their resources at getting four of whatever unit has the STMR they want for him. I can see some here having 4 Clouds already though. I have two so...just two more over time haha Hopefully there will be an easier means of acquiring a two handed fire and or lightning sword in the future. Actually, I think Crimson's is one and although he's a 5*, you'd only need one of him at least. That said, he's so far off that people will have replaced Hyoh if they get both Jecht and Akstar before Crimson hits. All the more likely if one pulls for Citan. Give us a Glex with a similar TMR!

Thanks for weighing in, guys! Also, watch him get imbue-ments on those attacks with his enhancements
just like Squall surely will!
and then everyone will switch to two handed elementless if they don't have a STMR lol At least I have LionHeart ready if that happens!

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
4* Ticket resulted in Rainbow and my first Eiko.

Good..I guess ? Though I already have Garner and Yuna, never used them lol.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I don't have Yuna but I do have Eiko (and a dupe for her eventual 7*) I love bringing her on missions with any kind of summon requirement. she can also heal for you and has dual cast + dispelga for those tricky strategies where you have to dispel your own party. Solid unit!

Would love to pull a Yuna for her TMR though.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Story's been confirmed for the 16th for two weeks now. There's a news notice for maint, new espers and week 2 of Nalu's story event. Aside from the next banner (rerun units), what are we expecting/hoping for?

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
JFC, can we just have a consistent News day and time. They're doing this for other reason than not wanting to let people know what's next earlier.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Would it be as nice as what we're getting tho :thinking:
I for one am hyped to see what Rain has to say to the party too! Oh wait, you're talking about something else? ;p

It seems like a situation where they will have a repeat exploration event and some developer choice banner. It'd be nice to be surprised with the other half of the 7* upgrade batch Japan got and learn that it's a two batch-a month cycle but not holding my breath on that one! We can put the summon banners on snooze until Darth Hyoh.

I'm hoping that we still get August's story chapter at the end of the month to get back on track and get Fenrir's 3* upgrade with it. I don't care about Fenrir but I just want to keep pace so we can get Odin next month :p

norn

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like a situation where they will have a repeat exploration event
nope
and some developer choice banner.
yep
It'd be nice to be surprised with the other half of the 7* upgrade batch Japan got
not this week anyway
We can put the summon banners on snooze until Darth Hyoh.
mm, maybe, but probably not

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be as nice as what we're getting tho :thinking:

Has there been a hard confirm of that anywhere yet? Been on vacation for a few weeks, and I'm somewhat out of the loop. Reddit isn't returning any hits on a banner announcement yet for this coming week.

I so hope these won't come to global. I dislike "summer" units, lets keep the "nudeness" out of games.

Be glad you bailed out of SOA when you did then. The devs there hyper-accelerated the summer banner there to be the 2nd and 3rd banners of the game. Power creep be damned.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
We can put the summon banners on snooze until Darth Hyoh.

Agreeing with Norn on this one. It would be a fool's play to think that Gumi does not know about GL's desire for Hyoh and does not implement shenanigans to screw around with the playerbase or implements a GLEX limited version of a unit that powercreeps him for the $$$.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Agreeing with Norn on this one. It would be a fool's play to think that Gumi does not know about GL's desire for Hyoh and does not implement shenanigans to screw around with the playerbase or implements a GLEX limited version of a unit that powercreeps him for the $$$.

It's going to be really difficult for them to convince the userbase to pull hard for a limited-time collab unit this close to Hyou. I don't see it happening. Limited units are such a bad fucking idea in the age of 7*.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Oh I know they will "try" to tempt us to piss away resources leading up to Hyoh but there's literally nothing they could do to tempt me unless they can pull out a new Squall that's god tier out of their ass. So I'll amend my statement to those of us good at resisting pull enticements, snooze control until Hyoh ;p They should bring out a GLEX unit that has a two handed fire sword TMR to entice those waiting for Hyoh. Most people missed the limited time Vargas and it wouldn't take away from the STMR from the VP banner since that one is lightning element.

I don't expect an exploration event, I'm just saying it'd make sense to do that here since they can't do MK yet, can't do another story yet, and they'd hype any cross over RAID coming whether it's a repeat or not. What are you expecting then? Nada? I'm hoping they bump up the Shantatto MK to this month but as for this week, not sure what new content they could bring. Repeat of something seems most probable.

I agree that even if they did do 2 7* batches a month, it wouldn't be this week. It'd be next if they want to make it a habit of releasing a batch the first week of a month. I still expect it to be just once a month and they are cutting them in half so that the 7* upgrades don't overshadow the majority of new unit releases. Probably save the good unit upgrades for Hyoh's week haha Well, if he comes the second week in the month then that won't happen most likely but they might push him to the third week of September to get Shantotto in that second week. That's why I'm hoping she comes this month.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
It further cements the idea that while the game is F2P, they're more interested in those that would blow a lot of money trying to get four of a unit and are starting to cater to those who will rather than let it be even between the two. I'm not sure why you would whale anyways though, most all of the content can still be beaten with 4* units.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It further cements the idea that while the game is F2P, they're more interested in those that would blow a lot of money trying to get four of a unit and are starting to cater to those who will rather than let it be even between the two. I'm not sure why you would whale anyways though, most all of the content can still be beaten with 4* units.

To be fair, the game will die really quickly if they try to force everyone to whale for four copies of every unit. The only people who can support habits like that are Dyer and livestreamer goofs who basically get PAID to pull. And I don't think Dyer and Claic can keep Exvius alive by themselves.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Well, of course they are more interested in making money :p Gacha games are predators that prey on impulsive people, addictive personalities, and those with a lot of disposable income that are ok with blowing it on a mobile game. The rest of us to them are potential customers that they hope will get invested to the point we start splurging. Odds are that a lot of F2P people can at least be enticed into certain bundles here or there like the fountain of lapis.

The good news is what you said, you don't need the top units to get through most content anyway. Even the most challenging content won't require a team of 7*s for at least a handful of months from now. Then you have 4* units like WoL and Mystea that are handling the tanking duties for the toughest trials just fine for me right now. I just need to get better equipment for my mages hehe At least I already took care of most of what Fryevia needs, ready for her 7*! One unit I'm actually optimistic they will make into a monster. I wish they went the TDW route with her instead of TDH though, it's tough to have enough TDH sets to go around for multiple units! Her enhancements make it clear it's going to be the latter though. I hope her STMR is amazing too as I have three of her. I just wish she wasn't locked to ice but I think there's at least a two handed ice great sword in a future event that I can have Hyoh use to chain with her in the future.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people talking about STMRs like they're anything other than epeen tools? Who gives a shit?

They're something you stumble into by chance, not something you seek out. Limited time STMRs are for whales. Try to have 1 or 2 on your friend list and you too can benefit. That's pretty much the long and short of it.