• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OTIX

Oct 28, 2017
The crystal caves give roughly one giancryst per run on average if your drop rates are capped. So they are far more energy efficient than buying from MK events.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So obviously everyone is saving Hyou etc but what units are you guys looking forward to post Hyou? I feel like everyone is a bit more free to choose for themselves after that so wondering what people are interested in. Folka is the big one for me. My favourite BE character (followed by Wilhelm) and a unit that does a lot of the stuff I want in a support unit.
Oh look, yet another FFVII banner in Japan....seriously, can you get around to the mainline games that only have a single banner in almost three years that your version has existed? They still need to come out with 5* versions of main characters that got screwed like Zidane and Bartz. Lots of work to do but they keep milking the VII cow. Almost all VII characters are base 5* too lol The most comedic thing is that Yuffie is a 5* base but Barrett a 4*....wat? Zack fans can rejoice :https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/989u2f/jp_maintenance_ff7_raid_zack_yuffie_more_820/

At least it's a Raid so there's still hope that the next mog king will be the second FFVIII, Wazzy! Prepare for disappointment though :p

On this note, it will be cool when all the low star main protag and antag's get 5* versions so that they'll all be strong in time. There's still hope for 5* bases that were done dirty too as we've seen both Ramza and Delita get alternate 5* bases. Should be interesting to see what they do with all these units down the road. You guys can hold off Cid and Jenova until the remake hits, Alim, get to the other games ;p
Tbf 7 was one of the last games to get any units so the 7 fans had to wait a long time to get anything. The later the game gets introduced the more likely this is going to happen. Expect 8 to get it's time. And then XIII part 2 lol. Yuffie sounds strong af from what I've read so far.

Last edited:

norn

Oct 26, 2017
So obviously everyone is saving Hyou etc but what units are you guys looking forward to post Hyou? I feel like everyone is a bit more free to choose for themselves after that so wondering what people are interested in. Folka is the big one for me. My favourite BE character (followed by Wilhelm) and a unit that does a lot of the stuff I want in a support unit.
My tentative plan is to do all of the CG Veritas step-ups. Citra I don't care overmuch about but Sieghard, Folka and Ignacio all look cool. I like Tifa (no, not for that reason) and Vincent's TM should be handy on GL without stacking materia so I may consider a lap on that. Jecht/Auron doesn't really excite me much since I have two Lorens but it's ages away.

I actually wouldn't say I'm looking forward a ton to anyone though, which kinda sucks. I'm hoping for cool GLEX stuff. Next week...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Am i crazy or is the Item World much more likely to troll you this time around ?
It def. feels more like it compared to the first weapon-set. Getting shit like all three choices being +def buffs as my Floor 10 rewards lol.

Well...still better than nothing i guess.

Still hope to get some solid on my Onion Sword and Excalibur.

Rixa
Are you going to keep Lunera up for a while ? Want to try her out later so that would be cool.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The crystal caves give roughly one giancryst per run on average if your drop rates are capped. So they are far more energy efficient than buying from MK events.
Ok thanks I've been farming these all morning and I got 11 of the 12 I need but man the desire sensor in this game is upsetting me right now. I did 2 NRG bars worth of runs and got 1-2 giancrysts every single time without fail. Now that I need 1 more giant cryst I'm on my third run getting ZERO each time. Gumi PLEASE

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Baby step upgrade
o9ux9ezl51fqi.jpg
Personally it's going to be Hyoh -> Sieghard -> Ignacio -> maybe Auron -> Golbez and I'll be broke after that.
I might try to get Randi since I used all I had in Feb. 2017 and didn't get him, that is, assuming we get Secret of Mana again since it's impossible for Globel to get the Seiken Densetsu 3 banner.

Last edited:

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Am i crazy or is the Item World much more likely to troll you this time around ?
It def. feels more like it compared to the first weapon-set. Getting shit like all three choices being +def buffs as my Floor 10 rewards lol.

Well...still better than nothing i guess.

Still hope to get some solid on my Onion Sword and Excalibur.

Stage 8 I got SPR Autoboost lvl 2 x2 and a SPR 7%.

Stage 9 I got AutoRegen lvl 1, SPR Autoboost lvl 4 and DEF Autoboost lvl 4.

I know my stage 10 is going to be fucked and this weapon run a complete waste. Good thing I'm running Lumiere and it's really just for story event content because it helps with the elemental dmg goals.

It's RNG, but this time I'm getting tons of SPR and DEF mods at high stages.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Hyou (and I already know I'm spending money...)

Then Christmas, Akstar and Valentine's Day (need a second chow).

I need 7* chainer

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I watched a really annoying video yesterday where a "professional whale" warned people against pulling on "bait" banners like the current 7* ones.

He then proceeded to do a single run of the 7* banner and got 5 rainbows. All the while saying "don't pull on this banner, it's a trap, save for Hyou" which he repeated about 6 times

I'm honestly just sick of people telling us to save for Hyou now, the whole attitude of "don't pull, save for -specific unit-" is really annoying. Hyou will be quickly outclassed by another unit.

Every time I have saved for a specific unit I have blown all my resources, gotten nothing and then taken a break from the game. It's not a fun way to play

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I watched a really annoying video yesterday where a "professional whale" warned people against pulling on "bait" banners like the current 7* ones.

He then proceeded to do a single run of the 7* banner and got 5 rainbows. All the while saying "don't pull on this banner, it's a trap, save for Hyou" which he repeated about 6 times

I'm honestly just sick of people telling us to save for Hyou now, the whole attitude of "don't pull, save for -specific unit-" is really annoying. Hyou will be quickly outclassed by another unit.

Every time I have saved for a specific unit I have blown all my resources, gotten nothing and then taken a break from the game. It's not a fun way to play

I don't think the issue is Hyou being outclassed. It's that Hyou takes the entire meta to a whole new level.

7* Landu is strong, but how is his damage compared to Hyou?

Outside of that though, yeah just pull for who you like or just find ways to win with what you have.

Part of the fun is crafting new teams and load outs and discovering ways to win without the best of the best units.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess for me my goals include second Grim Lord and Christine, maybe second Ang. I haven't really used the first one too much. Besides that I wanted to pull on the Tifa/Vincent banner and then the Auron/Jecht banner. Outside of the holiday units I don't really remember the timeline on the units, I'm pretty sure Auron/Jecht is a ways off at least.

I'm running the step up on Hyou and that's about it. He's been talked talked about so much I feel like I have to, but I can't claim to be particularly excited for him.

Also took down Diabolos yesterday, ended up enhancing Lunera and using Robot's to get the kill. Lunera chaining's pretty nice.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Already went ahead and used moogles for Angi and ran it enough to get it to 30% ATK & 15% HP, so Hyou is basically a lock for me at this point.

Outside of that I'm only really looking forward to Valkyrie Profile and Xenogears collabs and hopeful that CK Ariana get a 7* awakening.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I guess for me my goals include second Grim Lord and Christine, maybe second Ang. I haven't really used the first one too much. Besides that I wanted to pull on the Tifa/Vincent banner and then the Auron/Jecht banner. Outside of the holiday units I don't really remember the timeline on the units, I'm pretty sure Auron/Jecht is a ways off at least.

I'm running the step up on Hyou and that's about it. He's been talked talked about so much I feel like I have to, but I can't claim to be particularly excited for him.

Also took down Diabolos yesterday, ended up enhancing Lunera and using Robot's to get the kill. Lunera chaining's pretty nice.

What was your full team? My Landu wasn't getting the job done and lots of people appear to have gone with Lunera.

Wondering if it's worth enhancing her just for this fight.

greyshark

Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis

You're absolutely right - and frankly having the 'meta' unit has never been required in this game. Just trying to leverage FOMO to get people to pull, but at this point any long term player has plenty of power for all content.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What was your full team? My Landu wasn't getting the job done and lots of people appear to have gone with Lunera.

Wondering if it's worth enhancing her just for this fight.
My team was:
Full evade WoL with Genji Shield(Wilhelm was dieing every now and again to damage(15.5k HP and 1.1k defense).
200% Dark resist Mystea(AoE Stop immunity was just as important if not more so).
Lunera/Friend Lunera(Robot's has her bow, so more Demon Killer than mine)
CG Fina was my healer. Her LB came in handy since I pushed two thresholds in consecutive turns and my Mystea got paralyzed and didn't magic guard a turn. But as long as you have the first two(Evade tank and Sufficient Dark Resist) and keep up the ailment/stop resist any remaining three should work out.

Yeah, my original run had Orlandeau plus friend 7* Orlandeau and the Lunera's were just better for damage.

Last edited:

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm playing this game because FF is my favorite series, I'll try to get as many main characters as possible. If there's gonna be a Xenogears event then I'm going all in for Citan.

norn

Oct 26, 2017

People miss or ignore why Hyoh is attractive. At the crossroads of POWERFUL and EASILY OBTAINABLE, there he sits. Though 'easily' is relative.

Look at all the chainers that come out after him. Tifa, Lenneth, Kurasame, Jecht, Fei, Citan... Refia? Probably others I'm forgetting. There're stronger units there. They're also all on split banners, most with 25k steps instead of 11k steps - if any step-ups at all. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure out that it's easier to follow-up chase that dupe unit for 7* with tickets on a single rainbow banner than on a split banner.

The point of Hyoh is not 'PULL HYOH AND YOU WON'T EVER NEED TO PULL ANOTHER DPS AGAIN IN EIGHT MONTHS WOW'. It's 'invest a comparatively minor amount of resources and you have the power benchmark for several months if your luck on other units sucks'.

The necessity argument is not particularly interesting because very little in this game is necessary and if you need someone to tell you that the new shiny isn't necessary you haven't really been paying attention.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
People miss or ignore why Hyoh is attractive. At the crossroads of POWERFUL and EASILY OBTAINABLE, there he sits. Though 'easily' is relative.

Look at all the chainers that come out after him. Tifa, Lenneth, Kurasame, Jecht, Fei, Citan... Refia? Probably others I'm forgetting. There're stronger units there. They're also all on split banners, most with 25k steps instead of 11k steps - if any step-ups at all. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure out that it's easier to follow-up chase that dupe unit for 7* with tickets on a single rainbow banner than on a split banner.

The point of Hyoh is not 'PULL HYOH AND YOU WON'T EVER NEED TO PULL ANOTHER DPS AGAIN IN EIGHT MONTHS WOW'. It's 'invest a comparatively minor amount of resources and you have the power benchmark for several months if your luck on other units sucks'.

The necessity argument is not particularly interesting because very little in this game is necessary and if you need someone to tell you that the new shiny isn't necessary you haven't really been paying attention.
I mean this is all relying on the fact that Hyou will have an 11k step-up, which he might not do in Global

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Gumi has never failed to make a banner a step-up when JP had one. Also Gumi would have to be suicidal to mess with Hyou's banner at all at this point. I think he's the only reason a lot of people are still playing at all. It's also worth noting that basically your entire friends list will be Hyous for 6+ months. He will be the most easy unit to find a partner for since Orlandu, if that's worth anything to you.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

And let's not forget the most important reason to pull for Hyou: He looks cool lol.

But in all seriousness I agree with everything that was said here.
I mean this is all relying on the fact that Hyou will have an 11k step-up, which he might not do in Global
I don't see any reason for them to change it. People are still hung up on the Sephiroth banner but that was their own fault for thinking that was coming as is.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Try not to get hung up on online opinions that may differ from yours, it's not worth getting upset over. I've seen a number of people on Reddit state they have disdain for Hyoh solely because of how many people want him and tout to hoard for him and that's just silly. There isn't a single unit in this game that's a must have. Not one. There are echelons of power in each respective class but the depth of units at that level is increased over time. You missed out on Ayaka? Well you can get CG Fina, Folka, Aerith. Miss out on Hyoh? There's Jecht, Randi, Akstar, Citan, Fei, Zack among others etc. I've seen people actually complain that Zack is just yet another TDH W-cast DPSer like that's a bad thing. We want there to be multiple options at each role because that gives us options that allow us to play with personal preferences. This is a game we started playing due to FF mainline nostalgia, right? So why not have multiple characters for each role that can contribute similarly so if one doesn't like using FFBE units, they can use a mainline unit capable of similar skills and damage/support/healing/tanking output. If you don't want Hyoh but love FFX so want Jecht or Xenogears so want Citan, do you! We don't all have to go for the same thing and variety is the spice of life but if someone is as touted as Hyoh, it's for a reason. Again, you can pass on him and go for Jecht, etc. later but try to at least understand why a unit is as coveted as it is, no need to get resentful over it as I've seen some online come off as. Go for the units you want! People crap on the VIII banner but I gave zero fucks and did three full laps on the step-up to get my guy and lady and I have zero regrets. It tickles me to see Squall and Rinoa (and Zell) in the game. Nothing wrong with desiring meta units but ultimately, you should play to have fun so if you'd rather pull for lower ranked units due to affection for the characters, go for it! Most of the game isn't that hard anyway and you can get away with many types of units. That's a good thing.

On the step up note, I'll echo the above, they haven't changed that for us so we shouldn't expect it to be any different than what Japan did for Hyoh. Anything is possible but no reason to believe otherwise. Sephy's was a special exception because Alim made a major goof testing out their first step-up and they never used those rates ever again.

As for what units I'm saving for besides Hyoh, I plan on doing three laps of the Jecht Auron banner, that's just a ridiculously good opportunity with both 5* being amazing units. I'll go for Akstar as well, good opportunity to get him with how his banner works and he'll be my upgrade from Hyoh but Hyoh will have served me well for many months by then and will still be useful for other things like 10 man and expeditions. I'd like to get Sieghard as I don't have a 5* tank yet so might pull there too. I hoping to get Awakened Rain and Nichol off banner at some point but there's always Yuraisha in lieu of Nichol. I'd like to get Elly but cross over banners seem the ones to skip unless they start making a habit of bringing out step ups for them. Right now they are crap RNG value compared to step-ups. Otherwise, waiting for more FFVIII units :p

Last edited:

norn

Oct 26, 2017
You think the version of the game that has added step-ups where none existed in JP is going to take the step-up out for a hotly anticipated banner? Interesting. By interesting I mean completely unrealistic. Especially since they already implemented 11k story steps starting with Raegen.

Also... it doesn't change my point even if they took it out. It's still easier to get a 7* unit on a single rainbow banner than a split one.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing about Hyoh being hyped is that it's forcing Gumi to make more and/or interesting banners to make us use lapis.
My 7* chainers will be OK which I'll use and Cloud I guess, Hyoh is basically just to carry me until Golbez while grabbing roles I need along the way.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
could they change it to a 25k step up if they think they could get the money from it? Does that benefit them?
It would benefit us so let them do it if they want to.
Good thing about Hyoh being hyped is that it's forcing Gumi to make more and/or interesting banners to make us use lapis.
Good point. I'm actually interested to see what they can come up with. I think they've done a decent job so far with the type banners and the recent 7* awakening step ups. At the very least a number of players are dipping their toes into them.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I pulled Seabreeze Dark Fina this morning. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I didn't have her and I like having more mages. On the other hand, I've got a lot of good mages already.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as we don't have too much going on this week would anyone be willing to put up Grim Lord Sakura (preferably with a Ribbon or Discernment) as their friend unit for a little bit? I never beat Malboro before I quit so I want to attempt it now I'm a bit more prepared.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Well my step up pulls on the 7* banner were a disaster. This is why I don't save for things

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Yuffie looks strong. I haven't seen the frame data but it seems like she has a few chaining partners based on the hit numbers (7, 10, and 30). 3 elemental imbues and imperils (that aren't that strong). Some ridiculous modifiers on her cooldown unlocked skills, and seems like she can self cap her chains.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this streak is getting too much. Still nothing but blues on the free pulls and after almost a month of that I get 1 gold on the discounted pull today. Same as the 1 gold I got on the multi pull on the banner before.

Hyoh if you don't drop I might I just be out. The game loses literally all fun when your losing streak is endless.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as we don't have too much going on this week would anyone be willing to put up Grim Lord Sakura (preferably with a Ribbon or Discernment) as their friend unit for a little bit? I never beat Malboro before I quit so I want to attempt it now I'm a bit more prepared.
I've setup my Grim Lord with a ribbon as my friend unit, best of luck!

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Why is Grimlord Sakura so good for Malboro?

Also I'm still not excited for Hyou as a unit but I just looked up his TMR and hot damn I want that for my Squall so bad

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She's a strong magic chainer with solid utility. She has AOE Break/Couple of stats resistance, dark resist buff, innate magic demon killer, a targeted auto-revive, and a 100% buff to def/spr.

For my fight against Malboro I believe I made good use of the break resistance and def//spr buff, with marie covering dark/status; where chaining two GrimLords was able to do enough damage to keep me in the window to avoid something(snort I think?).

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I've setup my Grim Lord with a ribbon as my friend unit, best of luck!
Ah I actually cleared it with CG Sakura already haha. I appreciate you putting her up though.
Why is Grimlord Sakura so good for Malboro?

Also I'm still not excited for Hyou as a unit but I just looked up his TMR and hot damn I want that for my Squall so bad
It's mainly because she has good aoe chaining with innate demon killer. She allows you to pace the fight quite well. I'll probably use her for Bloody Moon as I want to clear all the pre 7* trials with 6* teams.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah I actually cleared it with CG Sakura already haha. I appreciate you putting her up though.

It's mainly because she has good aoe chaining with innate demon killer. She allows you to pace the fight quite well. I'll probably use her for Bloody Moon as I want to clear all the pre 7* trials with 6* teams.
Congrats!
Is the 7* banner 3k all the way through or the first one is 3k and the rest is 5k?
I believe only the first step is 3k and the rest 5k.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
She's a strong magic chainer with solid utility. She has AOE Break/Couple of stats resistance, dark resist buff, innate magic demon killer, a targeted auto-revive, and a 100% buff to def/spr.

For my fight against Malboro I believe I made good use of the break resistance and def//spr buff, with marie covering dark/status; where chaining two GrimLords was able to do enough damage to keep me in the window to avoid something(snort I think?).

Ah I see, thanks guys. I think my problem when I attempted it was the lack of AoE chaining I had.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Doing this batch's 3000 pull was a mistake. Got a rainbow and it was another goddamned Marie. I already had 4 and collapsed them into one to get her STMR. I'm trying to decide if I should not give a shit and just toss her into my existing one for the 5% or hold off and see if the game graces me with another so I can 7* her again.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Doing this batch's 3000 pull was a mistake. Got a rainbow and it was another goddamned Marie. I already had 4 and collapsed them into one to get her STMR. I'm trying to decide if I should not give a shit and just toss her into my existing one for the 5% or hold off and see if the game graces me with another so I can 7* her again.

I hope you made two 7*s first.