• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind if you are waiting for a healer, one of the fan festa units (the idol one) is gonna be a bard/healer.

I'm really curious to see a global exclusive 7* healer and what they can do with her
Since there is GLEX each month, I guess Fan Festa part 2 will be this November then.
And yes we need our own JP 5* Santa Roselia.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
so happy that CG citra is this week, I need a break and something to build back my lapis/tickets. GLEX destroyed me. Got Yuna 7* ready (not as good as Citra but still 7* summoner).

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CG Citra, I don't think I'll pull even though I don't have a 7* summoner. Maybe if we weren't coming onto the holidays with GLEX to pull for; units I already have and thenew ones.

A bard/healer sounds kind of cool. I wonder how she's going to work though; since I thought the greatest weaknesses of the bard was that their song disabled them for 2-3 turns. I guess she could be closer to Soleil who had dances? W-skill dances? Should be cool to see, hopefully they do a good job of it.

For some reason I assumed CG Charlotte would be a phys tank like her 3*; but it seems like she's a magic tank. Her LB seems amazing
Code:
4 Turn 80% Chance to Defend Allies from Magic (Reduce Damage 50-70%) & AoE 4 Turn 21/50% Damage Reduction
I guess the JP tanks coming out are just have that much power creep going for them.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Saw some people on Reddit suggest doing the first 3 steps of Citra's banner for the moogles and the 30% 5* ticket, as the lapis gained from the story event should cover it.

That way you get chances at Citra while getting that useful ticket for the Halloween banner or whatever else you are saving up on

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Contemplating going for the third step on the Fan Fiesta for a chance at Mal. I already know I'll blow my UoC ticket on her come Friday. I also don't want Valkryie Profile to pop up outta the blue in the upcoming weeks.

Decisions, decisions.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Citra? Welp, I'm in for at least the 11k pull.

Hopefully, she won't be as painful to draw as Kydia was.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I have a 7★ Ayaka and a (future) 7★ CG Fina, so I think I'm all set on healers.
I have one Eiko and a Garnet, so I'm set on Summoners as well.

I just want Sieghard and Akstar but I'm not sure being F2P that I'll have enough resources for it

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for my 2nd Eiko. But so far Yuna and Kid Rydia are 7* ready! =D

Just a bummer that so much of the stuff that boosts EVO MAG in a significant way is gated behind STMRs.
I know right. Without Yuna's, Citra's, Rydia's, and Eiko's STMR you lose out on 80% evo mag, which is kind of huge.
I have a 7★ Ayaka and a (future) 7★ CG Fina, so I think I'm all set on healers.
I have one Eiko and a Garnet, so I'm set on Summoners as well.

I just want Sieghard and Akstar but I'm not sure being F2P that I'll have enough resources for it
Akstar's is a 25k step up that guarantees one of him, so depending on how much you have right now if you're diligent you'll have enough for both I feel. And worst comes to worst UoC if they're the only units left that you want.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I know right. Without Yuna's, Citra's, Rydia's, and Eiko's STMR you lose out on 80% evo mag, which is kind of huge.

At least there is a non-STMR summoner's hat for free out of this event, so that's a plus.

As you point out, it's a shame that at least in Year 2 of the game, virtually all of summoner gear is locked behind STMRs, making a truly meta defining summoner whale territory only. Well, as evidenced in today's JP datamine, that mindset may be changing with the findings of 1/5/10% STMR moogles in the update. Still, the third anniversary is a long, long way away for Global.

After Citra, the only unit that I really "need" would be Sieghart. Everything else is power creep or gravy. Would like a 2nd Kydia for 7*, Yuna, or Barbie. But given that I don't have either of them at all, I can't see myself going "in" for either Yuna or Barbie on their 7* awakening banners.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of under the impression summoners were for Scorn of the Two-Headed Dragon and mission clears only.

Is it actually possible for a summoner to keep up with modern DPS? How? Bahamut isn't *that* good.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of under the impression summoners were for Scorn of the Two-Headed Dragon and mission clears only.

Is it actually possible for a summoner to keep up with modern DPS? How? Bahamut isn't *that* good.
That's pretty much why I want Citra lol. I like one shotting things and after her enhancements Bahumut is going to do some nice damage, especially if it gets a 2*.

I mean I'm the kind of person that pulled on the awakening step up for a second queen/ace and Nyx just to make my life easier lol. How I spend my resources is not objectively the best haha.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's actually awesome. I have two Barb's, hopefully I'll pull two more in the future.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey wait I know there were datamined values for Barb but did we already know there was a 7* awakening batch today?

Barb,Aileen, Dark/Flame/Light Veritas,Prishe,Zargabarzle, Rem, Eiko, and Beatrix. I have to look up Zarg's 7* as that's the only one I can awaken.

Edit:
His LB seems great; 50% mitigation for two turns and at max gets 150% to all stats. The unlockable w-skill being tied to CD abilities(one with a 4 turn CD and the other 7) seems kind've wonky though; I wonder how awkward it ends up being in practice.

Hmm, I guess his selection of abilities for w-skill isn't that large, no word of law(enhanced 4 turn aoe 30% mit) and no Archadian light(ehanced 4 turn 100% Aoe stats, status/stop immune). Seems more like a neat bonus for the single target hp/mp regen and single target large stat buffs; and technically his random attack skills.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Was surprised as hell to see the new 7* batch announcement this morning. Got Barbie, Rem, Beatrix and Dark Veritas to 7*, with one left over Rem, Dark Veritas and Barbie since I had 3 of each of them. Definitely going to work on Barbie more than the others, but Rem's 7* interests me and Beatrix's kit doesn't seem bad, just not meta breaking.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Zarg maybe the MvP of this set. I forgot if his enhancements came, but with the right one or two, he could be MS Nic levels.

Overall, this is what 7* sets should be. Lots of good improvements across the board.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we have two more 7* batches that are not limited? Cloud, Duke, Fohlen, Elfreeda, Kydia, helmless Kain, and CG units/their banner friends? Am I forgetting anyone?

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yuna,Lulu, Mediena, and Loren come to mind; but yeah I guess it's no too much more.

On Zarg, I don't think I mind his 6* main buffs not being apart of dual cast; although I do kind of wish his LB unlocked a turn or two of w-skill.

Edit:
Oh right, Noctis too; I guess Gladio/Prompto are also waiting on awakenings.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Yuna,Lulu, Mediena, and Loren come to mind; but yeah I guess it's no too much more.

On Zarg, I don't think I mind his 6* main buffs not being apart of dual cast; although I do kind of wish his LB unlocked a turn or two of w-skill.
good call on FFX and the Exvius Point characters. I guess Mediena and Loren being broken may have something to do why at least Loren is delayed so much...

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I'm so happy so many of my 5* are getting the upgrade. Loren, Kydia, Barb, Light/Flame Veritas.

Now all I need are to pull some dupes goddammit

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Today...was a productive day. The Great Dupe Purge finally took place, freeing me from my five Flame Veritas, my four Zargabaaths and my six Rems. In return I walked away with 3 7*s, three STMRs and 200% worth of free trust moogles.

Damn it feels good to lighten my unit load after so long carrying those dupes around.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
God I had so much FFBE to play today. When I woke up I was full raid and IW orbs. Did all of those and it timed out perfectly to level up so had to redo both of them again. Then I had 300 stamina to dump on MK. Took me like an hour to just get my morning ritual out of the way. I hate these overlap days lol

Veritas of the Light is one of the only STMRs I've got so I'm kinda disappointed to see how underwhelming it is. The resist is fine but whatever. I'm just going to end up using it as an upgrade to Demon Mail for my non-Hyoh attackers

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Is there gonna be a banner for the new units, or are they just slotted into the rare summon pool?
You mean Citra and co? They have their own banner but they are also just added to the rare summon pool too.
Banners always drop on Fridays with the exception of the 7* awakening banners

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean Citra and co? They have their own banner but they are also just added to the rare summon pool too.
Banners always drop on Fridays with the exception of the 7* awakening banners
There's a new banner and the 7* awakening banner.
So the 7* banner will be up tomorrow? Because I still only have the FF15 and Fan Festa banners up rn. Just wanna make sure before I spend in the vein hope of pulling a dupe out of the general summon

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So the 7* banner will be up tomorrow? Because I still only have the FF15 and Fan Festa banners up rn. Just wanna make sure before I spend in the vein hope of pulling a dupe out of the general summon
No, the 7* awakening is split into 2 banners. The first starts on Monday, and the second starts on Thursday.
The Citra Banner starts tomorrow.

So:
Tomorrow: Citra Banner, lasts for 2 weeks
Monday to Friday: 7* Batch 1: Aileen, Prishe, Rem, Veritas of Flame, Barbie.
Thursday to Monday: 7* Batch 2: Eiko, Beatrix, Veritas of Light, Veritas of Dark, Zargababble

All this information is in the announcements section of the game

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can't quite get Rem up to 120 at the moment, but really excited about her. Massive SPR break plus okay finisher, AoE reraise on 6-turn cool down but available immediately, Tornado partner for Barb in 10-man, Curaja, significant upgrade to Dagger Boomerang? Hell yeah.

I've always been annoyed that I've never had a five star healer, but this soothes the burn.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I made the same mistake with an ayaka amd a tech support rep made it better. She made it clear its only a one time thing so if its your firsy mistake, try your luck .

Oh woah. That's the first success story I've heard about contacting support on that issue. They told me that I couldn't fix my Orlandeau mistake when 7* first came out. I'll give it a shot. Thank you!

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
If someone wants a specific stat on daggers now would be a good time to go for it since stage 2 seems to always give at least 12% or more of something. Been doing this myself and it definitely works.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvi..._world_dagger_stage_2_has_massively_inflated/
Wow, you aren't kidding:
F1wJjGE.jpg

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Note to self again: do not do 7* conversions first thing when waking up in the morning. Goodbye Zarg SMTR. RIP me.
Hope you try and contact support to see if they will reverse it. Someone did this a few weeks ago I wonder if they ever got a support response back about it.

edit: NM I see it for Forgrim and it got reversed, that's good to hear.

I understand why they said it's a one-time fix, but TBH they should just make the system less fucking confusing and they wouldn't have that problem.

I swear after playing Dragalia for a couple weeks, it's really nice playing a gacha game with modern conveniences that doesn't have years worth of caked on systems and fixes that just make the game more and more confusing to navigate. This is why I had to stop playing Puzzle and Dragons again. They keep adding new systems to it to try and make it more like modern gacha games, but they are so damn confusing and don't work with the dated infrastructure of that game, so they come off as half baked and arcane. It's really annoying.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
New 7* batch was a nice surprise! Sadly don't have any dupes of them, just a single Barb Rem and DV. Still, one step closer to the ones I actually care about!

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Pulled a 4th Reberta. Ok then, boy am I swimming in dragoons.

Kains and Dukes and Araneas galore.

Leave me alone I don't want any of you.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Pulling some random 3* tickets on the Malph/Circe banner tryna get lucky before it goes away. 2nd ticket drops gold. Cracks rainbow. Momentary lapse in judgement and I got excited, but of course it was just my 5th Reberta. I think that's indisputably the most useless rainbow I've ever pulled in this game.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If someone wants a specific stat on daggers now would be a good time to go for it since stage 2 seems to always give at least 12% or more of something. Been doing this myself and it definitely works.
Wow, you aren't kidding:

I was wondering why the hell I got mag +12% and spr +12% on stage 2. I was like this is so random.

1. Decided to use 2 orbs for ND.
2. DD has 5% MP regen. Great for Rem cause Iam so easily at cap 300% (see pics)
3. UK 15% HP from floor 2, then was lucky and got HT at floor 7 and spr 15% floor 10. Perfect weapon for Willy.

Screenshot_20181012-092036.png
Screenshot_20181012-092046.png
Screenshot_20181012-092116.png

All IW item orbs used and now waiting more orbs, doing Survival Edges that has MP 5% and MP 5% regen after 2 floors.

Can't quite get Rem up to 120 at the moment, but really excited about her. Massive SPR break plus okay finisher, AoE reraise on 6-turn cool down but available immediately, Tornado partner for Barb in 10-man, Curaja, significant upgrade to Dagger Boomerang? Hell yeah.

I've always been annoyed that I've never had a five star healer, but this soothes the burn.

I have my secondary healer / AOE & ST nuker & Tornado chainer (I still miss 2nd 7* Tornado user tho).

Screenshot_20181012-092232.png
Screenshot_20181012-092239.png

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
11k step up and 4 ticket (tickets didnt give me anything, really)

Jake #1 (i want waifu, not you)
Ramza #4 (Free STMR, but please give me your Mercenary version)
and
Citra...

not bad, but the 2 early rainbow leave much to be desired