• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I want any of you guys that is not (or are unable to :( ) play Draglia Lost to just gaze upon this notice we just got from the game's director:

https://dragalialost.com/en/news/information/1677

I'm reading thru this damn thing in-game and I'm about half way down and I realize this is only part 1... I'm literally in awe of this shit.

The tl;dr is they're fixing the game in a bazillion ways from simple QoL stuff to sweeping changes to economies and gameplay... And a lot of this stuff is being addressed before it even became massive outcries within the community. I'm shocked and awed. This has to be a gold standard for how to run one of these things.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I want any of you guys that is not (or are unable to :( ) play Draglia Lost to just gaze upon this notice we just got from the game's director:

I'm reading thru this damn thing in-game and I'm about half way down and I realize this is only part 1... I'm literally in awe of this shit.

The tl;dr is they're fixing the game in a bazillion ways from simple QoL stuff to sweeping changes to economies and gameplay... And a lot of this stuff is being addressed before it even became massive outcries within the community. I'm shocked and awed. This has to be a gold standard for how to run one of these things.
Yeah the communication and the openness to feedback and change is just crazy, it also helps that they are super generous with gifts and such

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
screenshot_20181113-2fbix9.png

This was....fun.

At least i got two 4* tickets out of it.

Second banner of the 7* Awakening batch would be perfect for me - if i had the Lapis lol.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They buffed Noctis's STMR!!!
...by adding 5% extra elemental resist and giving LB gauge every turn.

Goddamn it. That is not what people were asking for.

At least it's a somewhat decent tank materia since it gives LB, elemental resist and HP, MP, DEF and SPR

But it's still so disappointing. The numbers on it are so low because it gives every stat, but literally no unit ever uses all the stats and there are bound to be other options that give higher numbers for the stats they do need.

So dumb.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear Noctis STMR is buffed, I only need one more (same for Lightning which I'll never get haha)

They hate Europe so no Dragalia for me, I'd like to try it for sure though.
But then it's going to be another situation where Europe and US/Japan aren't on the same server so we'll be getting "not the same game" shenanigans again.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
People who lost inactive friends due to the (numerous) friend list bug, have you been able to max it again?
I'm at 128/130 since I lost both Hippo account and can't seem to get friend requests.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

And yet they still left wyrmprints in the regular summon pool to waste everyone's resources, so it all balances out.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got my third Dark Fina today, do i earth shrine grind (no moogles available), a third Dark Bond, or say fuck it and just smush it for the 50% moogle?
General advice of wait for 4th for that 7* promotion count aside, I don't think you would need a third dark bond. As an unstackable TM the scenarios where you'd have three equipped in a party seem low.

Yeah, it's really nice to see the effort and care they're putting into updating things in that game; if only it was the same for FFBE. It was pretty fun too, although I did end up dropping as it didn't really gel with what I tend to look for in mobile games.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mmm... the next batch of 7* are interesting the only unit I have with four copies is Noctis, should I try to get his STMR.

.n_n.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I got an Aileen from the free summon this morning, which means she's a 7* now. I've honestly never used her in any of my parties, so I'm kind of wondering if she's worth gearing. My magic 7* users are numerous enough that I'm fine there, but I have Hyoh, Tidus and Reberta for physical, so I'm not sure if she'll be worth using. For that matter, should I get her TMR?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I got an Aileen from the free summon this morning, which means she's a 7* now. I've honestly never used her in any of my parties, so I'm kind of wondering if she's worth gearing. My magic 7* users are numerous enough that I'm fine there, but I have Hyoh, Tidus and Reberta for physical, so I'm not sure if she'll be worth using. For that matter, should I get her TMR?

If you plan to use Aileen, you need her TMR. But as a Piledriver chainer, unless you have Explorer Aileen (who is just a better unit in general) or one of the other units with Piledriver frames, she's really not going to be super useful for you, I'm afraid.

There's very little reason to dump Hyo in favor of Aileen, especially right now.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
If you plan to use Aileen, you need her TMR. But as a Piledriver chainer, unless you have Explorer Aileen (who is just a better unit in general) or one of the other units with Piledriver frames, she's really not going to be super useful for you, I'm afraid.

There's very little reason to dump Hyo in favor of Aileen, especially right now.
I had a feeling. Her kit seemed kind of underwhelming even if I got her TMR, though I'm still kind of tempted for her TMR since it's a spear with an element I'm missing (even if it wouldn't help the ATK boosts for Reberta).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stupid, I searched for 2 days a build for Loren with an elemental weapon, but then she gets multiple elemental skills at 7*

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
So judging by Fryevia's STMR they are making her a full fledged TDH character.

Am I the only one who's disappointed by this? Doesnt she do more damage with DW by attacking twice rather than building her for TDH?

Please tell me she gets W-ability at 7*!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So judging by Fryevia's STMR they are making her a full fledged TDH character.

Am I the only one who's disappointed by this? Doesnt she do more damage with DW by attacking twice rather than building her for TDH?

We'll find out in a couple of hours when maintenance happens. If she gets W-Attack like most TDH units, then she'll be fine.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Basically, for a hybrid unit like Fry, we have two big questions: how important will her Trust Ability be to her 7* kit, and will she get W-Ability. Since her TMR is a weapon, and one of the only viable weapons of its kind, she's gonna need to get a LOT of hybrid TDH and W or T-cast for her most important attack abilities.

I don't think they'll mess her up, though.

Lockon

Oct 28, 2017
I could 7* almost all the units for tomorrow batch except for CG Lasswell and Gladios.

Also I have 7 Elfreedas from chasing Cloud lol.

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been trying to get into this game for the past 2 years, and had a bunch of false starts. But I really like the idea of it, and I want to finally give it a thorough try so I'm coming here to hopefully get some help when it comes to how confusing it can be starting a mobile gatcha style game 3+ years after launch (these types of games always seem to have a really rough new player experience). I guess I'm just a bit lost as to what I'm supposed to do for the start of the game. The main quest is trivially easy just tapping all my dudes, so I don't feel like I am learning any game systems, but is that fine? Doesn't seem like there are any more tutorial aspects to the game, so will I ever learn wtf is going on with abilities? And there are like 10 different summoning options, not sure which to pick. Is re-rolling an important thing in this game, or am I fine just winging it with what I have? I don't mind re-rolling, but I also feel like the difficulty currently is either 0 or 1 on a scale of 10 so not sure. I just feel like I am picking my party at random (some have a lock icon, no idea what that means since I can still use them), tapping them at random, and winning easily so it feels like I am doing something wrong.

I guess I am mostly asking how to approach this game as a new player with all these added aspects and options available, and if there are any good 2018 updated resources, since most "new player" resources are very old and not quite accurate to what I have ingame. Apologies for my noobishness, but now that I have a 40 minute public transit commute to work every day I really wanted to try to get into this game! Thanks for all help!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I am mostly asking how to approach this game as a new player with all these added aspects and options available, and if there are any good 2018 updated resources, since most "new player" resources are very old and not quite accurate to what I have ingame. Apologies for my noobishness, but now that I have a 40 minute public transit commute to work every day I really wanted to try to get into this game! Thanks for all help!

So, basically, the beginning of the game is a joke, difficulty-wise. Your best course of action is to go into the Quests menu and do all of the Rookie Quests that appear in there. They'll kind of bring you through the basics, and finishing all of them gives you a free 5* Lightning unit. Eventually, content will get a little more difficult and start asking you to do more things, and as you start building up units, you'll be able to do events and trials, where the real difficulty lies.

We also have a Discord, if you'd like more on-demand help.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Humm....

First awakening banner looks safe, as all I have from it is a single Elfreeda.

Want a second Loren, but the second banner has is a disaster for me. Already have 4 Luneras, 2 Fohlen. and 2 Gladioli. Too risky of a banner for my tastes. Probably will end up UoC'ing the second Loren next week for mega-twin-7* Lunera shenanigans.

**Probably going to reluctantly pass on both awakening banners**

On that note, hoping for the best for Lunera over maintenance:

-- Worst case scenario: Lunera's "upgrades" are the buff to Magna's TMR (which should be highly effective on her).

-- Best case scenario: The rumors flying around about a GLEX cooldown W-Ability actually being real.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been trying to get into this game for the past 2 years, and had a bunch of false starts. But I really like the idea of it, and I want to finally give it a thorough try so I'm coming here to hopefully get some help when it comes to how confusing it can be starting a mobile gatcha style game 3+ years after launch (these types of games always seem to have a really rough new player experience). I guess I'm just a bit lost as to what I'm supposed to do for the start of the game. The main quest is trivially easy just tapping all my dudes, so I don't feel like I am learning any game systems, but is that fine? Doesn't seem like there are any more tutorial aspects to the game, so will I ever learn wtf is going on with abilities? And there are like 10 different summoning options, not sure which to pick. Is re-rolling an important thing in this game, or am I fine just winging it with what I have? I don't mind re-rolling, but I also feel like the difficulty currently is either 0 or 1 on a scale of 10 so not sure. I just feel like I am picking my party at random (some have a lock icon, no idea what that means since I can still use them), tapping them at random, and winning easily so it feels like I am doing something wrong.

Welcome aboard!

Check out this link for a beginner's guide to the game that is mostly up to date.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
But I really like the idea

Welcome, have fun in the world of Brave Exvus.

-- Best case scenario: The rumors flying around about a GLEX cooldown W-Ability actually being real.

Lasswell got a big ass buff, so did CG Sakura...also W skills for Lunera.

Great update....really happy.

Great update indeed. I need to 120 PG Lassie (got 4), Lunera obviously, Loren either by Uocing or by some miracle (will use about 15 tickets 4x4*, 2x10%, prolly pull my 6th Noctis).
Lunera got that W-cast by cooldown. Hopefully I manage to get 4th Lunera for those 2x Lunera + Loren funsies ;).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I finally got a rainbow with all those free daily and 5% rainbow tickets.

ef77d256-4b02-4502-ac0ufyc.png

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great update indeed. I need to 120 PG Lassie (got 4), Lunera obviously, Loren either by Uocing or by some miracle (will use about 15 tickets 4x4*, 2x10%, prolly pull my 6th Noctis).
Lunera got that W-cast by cooldown. Hopefully I manage to get 4th Lunera for those 2x Lunera + Loren funsies ;).

Yup - i evolved Sakura, Lasswell and Lunera so far.
Could also do Noctis and Gladious but i dont wanna go all out with my ressources and i still have to check if i actually have need for those units.

Next week im gonna hope for a Loren Dupe, Lunera No4 and Sakura No. 4.
Most Wanted is obv. Loren...if i dont get her i might use UOC for her 7*.
Well, I finally got a rainbow with all those free daily and 5% rainbow tickets.

ef77d256-4b02-4502-ac0ufyc.png

Congrats,
my daily was Bedile :-D

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going back thru the last half dozen raids or so and cleaning shit up. Crafting all the old gear so I can clear out excess materials. Got to the Jie Revorse raid and found the 1x Philosopher's Stone to make Fierce Bow is missing from my inventory. Not thaaat mad about it, but I hate missing one-off equipment and I know I fully farmed the shit cause I fully farm every damn raid....

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A bit sad we didn't get Loren ability awakening but let's hope for next week.
Yup - i evolved Sakura, Lasswell and Lunera so far.
Could also do Noctis and Gladious but i dont wanna go all out with my ressources and i still have to check if i actually have need for those units.

Next week im gonna hope for a Loren Dupe, Lunera No4 and Sakura No. 4.
Most Wanted is obv. Loren...if i dont get her i might use UOC for her 7*.

Congrats,
my daily was Bedile :-D
Thanks, I admit that TM is nice.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
God I was so close to just uninstalling this game while doing yet another post-raid clean up just now (literally going on hour 2 of this shit I can't even believe it) when I went to go make a bitch post and saw one from Tuesday already exists. I feel like all I do is complain about this game lately and it really bums me out. All of these minor and major annoyances have built up to the point where I consider this game chores now and I neglect actually doing any of the actual PLAYING of it. I just want to have a surplus of energy so I can go clean up 3* espers and trials, or catch up on the story missions, but all I do is stamina/orb dump on events and clean my damn boxes. I don't even get joy from doing FREE pulls on the gacha because it means I'm adding 1-2 units to my bloated ass boxes and those accumulate for a couple days and then become another chore I get to clean up.

Anyways, read reddit comment about how JP has separate inventory for enhance units and a sell all fucking turtle button and at least I see some light at the end of the tunnel now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
God I was so close to just uninstalling this game while doing yet another post-raid clean up just now (literally going on hour 2 of this shit I can't even believe it) when I went to go make a bitch post and saw one from Tuesday already exists. I feel like all I do is complain about this game lately and it really bums me out. All of these minor and major annoyances have built up to the point where I consider this game chores now and I neglect actually doing any of the actual PLAYING of it. I just want to have a surplus of energy so I can go clean up 3* espers and trials, or catch up on the story missions, but all I do is stamina/orb dump on events and clean my damn boxes. I don't even get joy from doing FREE pulls on the gacha because it means I'm adding 1-2 units to my bloated ass boxes and those accumulate for a couple days and then become another chore I get to clean up.

Anyways, read reddit comment about how JP has separate inventory for enhance units and a sell all fucking turtle button and at least I see some light at the end of the tunnel now.
Yeah the suffering will be over next month or January at the latest, the extra 1500 slots will be a blessing.
Japan got it in May, we're about 9 months behind and Gumi give QoL earlier most of the time.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Max leveled Lasswell, Sakura and Lunera....welp. This was expensive.
Now to see what gear i have for them lol.

I mean....honestly you are just writing down what many of us feel and its more than fair. If you wouldnt write it...someone else would do it - i often feel the same but dont need to add anything, since you already mentioned it.

Lets hope we get those JPN QoL updates soon.

If it wasnt for UoC tickets and data mining featuring the end of the forced facebook backup i would probaly gone as well.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Went with Noctis and Fry. I feel the box space open up.

So going to do PG Lasswell, Gladio, CG Sakura, and Lunera.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, managing inventory after a raid is a massive chore even with memu helping out; hopefully those QoL come sooner rather than later.

Awoke Fry(STMR), Loren, Noctis, and Lasswell; still need to get the TM % higher before I awaken Sakura second Lasswell.

How are people building Fry? Similar to Kurasame in that you go physical TDH? or does she stay magic since she can only use swords.

I left her with a more magical build using her tmr (1030 atk & 2019 mag).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Awakened Gladio for his STMR, and then Loren and Lasswell. Already regretting spending 6 million gil on Gladio since he can't tank without his enhancements and that STMR isn't super useful for anyone I have at the moment. Maybe someday I'll have an actually useful 7* physical tank. :|

Loren looks beastly, and Lasswell I mostly just awakened to free up space. Lunera and Elfreeda...you guys can wait.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Any of the new awakenings worth getting the STMR for?

My daily pull gave me my first Orlandeau. Didn't think I'd get anything out of it.