• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about the missions we are missing and today's video answer that.

<Question 2>

Luis Henrique Silva : When are we getting Expert quests and parameter missions?

Hiroki : We are planning on maybe early next year, not too long

Rewards are :

wkaowice7den.png

pbmry1h94cbz.png

We will need to hit the "old value" at first.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd vote for Yuna over Citra, she seems a lot easier to slot into a team for evoke/summon as she's a fairly competent healer. Citra's kit does seem fairly lacking, outside of really easy fights I feel like she'd edge out more essential roles.

Edit:
Oh nice, the parameter missions are coming.
What do you mean by hit the old value first? Is the new column not just adjusted values for the parameter missions?

Last edited:

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
I have been working on my team lately. I'm building it around Tidus with the following members:

Merc Ramza 7*
Tidus 7* (Fixed Dice Build)
Eiko 6*/Yuna 7*
Nalu 6*/Camille 6*
BSS 6*

My team is quite capable of beating some content, but i'm still having problems with the boss from the Chambers of Arms/Fallen.

Any tips or recommanded unit to improve it more? I got some other 5* like Cloud, Barbariccia, Zargarbath, Orlandeau (7* with STMR), 2B (6*).

(I haven't picked my Ticket Unit from Mog Minister yet)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Threw 2 bars of NRG at 3 star Levi this morning and couldn't crack the nut. Eventually started running out of Tonitrus Hyoh's so I couldn't keep trying.

I understand the idea behind the fight. I don't really have any trouble not dying above the 80% threshold and stalling out for the esper missions. The problem is when I do take a swing at the thing, 2 lightning Hyohs doesn't seem to be enough to get the job done without taking the fight down into all kinds of shenanigans with the stop and water imbue mechanics. I think I need to reapproach it with a new strategy, like the 1HKO Reberta strat or something.

Team I've been trying it with:
Lilith - invincible magic cover
CG Nic - Buffs and mitigation
Loren - Breaks and Pod mitigation
Yuna - Evo gauge and summoning + Rikku pouch for LB crystals
Hyoh + friend Hyoh dmg

I think taking Yuna instead of Fina into this to try and help with the esper missions has cost me a few attempts since I'm losing my only mana battery.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Threw 2 bars of NRG at 3 star Levi this morning and couldn't crack the nut. Eventually started running out of Tonitrus Hyoh's so I couldn't keep trying.

I understand the idea behind the fight. I don't really have any trouble not dying above the 80% threshold and stalling out for the esper missions. The problem is when I do take a swing at the thing, 2 lightning Hyohs doesn't seem to be enough to get the job done without taking the fight down into all kinds of shenanigans with the stop and water imbue mechanics. I think I need to reapproach it with a new strategy, like the 1HKO Reberta strat or something.

Team I've been trying it with:
Lilith - invincible magic cover
CG Nic - Buffs and mitigation
Loren - Breaks and Pod mitigation
Yuna - Evo gauge and summoning + Rikku pouch for LB crystals
Hyoh + friend Hyoh dmg

I think taking Yuna instead of Fina into this to try and help with the esper missions has cost me a few attempts since I'm losing my only mana battery.
I can put my Reberta back up if you need, just post your friend code if I don't have you already. She can kill it real good.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
UGH!! so it turns out my Amazon Fire Tablet actually rus the game perfectly; it was just some back round apps slowing down my tablet....but I already built up 9K hoard in lapis on my Iphone..will wait till the next meta and hop on back over to android.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was going for MP on Ulric's Kukri for the parameter mission and I got trolled with my first high tide, uhhh thanks game.
At least I got HP+15% so it's usable.

9a927900-7793-42e6-b7vei6q.png

Edit : damn I'm on a roll, my very next run gave me SPR+10% HP+15% and the rare skill on Holy Wand!

56a9a3c0-74c8-4b32-93lad3t.png

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm upset at how much NRG I spent on Leviathan when it was so god damned easy actually. I dunno what my problem was but my Hyoh + my best friend Hyoh + Loren's LB melted the shit out of him. I think most of the attempts I would just learn 1 new thing about the fight that totally ruined the run for me but didn't prepare me for some other thing I would go on to learn in a future fight that also ruined the run. Oh well, whatever it's just NRG. I've got so much of it at this point and I really wanted that damn snake.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Sora and Kingdom Hearts Cloud? Kind of neat, I wonder what their kits are.
Hopefully we get info on the Christmas units soon, old and new, I want to see how they turn out.

I have been working on my team lately. I'm building it around Tidus with the following members:

Merc Ramza 7*
Tidus 7* (Fixed Dice Build)
Eiko 6*/Yuna 7*
Nalu 6*/Camille 6*
BSS 6*

My team is quite capable of beating some content, but i'm still having problems with the boss from the Chambers of Arms/Fallen.

Any tips or recommanded unit to improve it more? I got some other 5* like Cloud, Barbariccia, Zargarbath, Orlandeau (7* with STMR), 2B (6*).

(I haven't picked my Ticket Unit from Mog Minister yet)
Advice tends to be more fight specific. Zarg is a good all-around buffer even at 6* so he's worth investing in. I think Merc Ramza has offensive breaks, but another unit to do so might be useful as Ramza will first turn cover/provoke and offensive breaks are essential when applicable.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Been on a tear finally catching up on espers. Had thousands of supercite saved up but it's almost all gone now and I've still go some 3 stars to unlock like Lakshmi, Odin and Diabolos. Think I might have prioritized some of them badly but I just went for the ones that seemed easy to build my tanks for and then got carried away leveling them up. Whoops.

Was kinda hoping if I ignored these long enough Gumi might relax the supercite requirements to max em out, but nope seems like it's still a few months per esper. At least I've got 3 Adventurer 5's now.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So Sora and Kingdom Hearts Cloud? Kind of neat, I wonder what their kits are.
Apparently as such:

Cloud (KH) (5 - 7)
LB: ST Defense Ignore
TMR: [ACC] 40 ATK 10 DEF 10 SPR, TDH
STMR: 190 ATK 2H GS

-AoE Defense Ignore
- ST Ignore Damage + Mod boost to specific skills
- ST Defense Ignore + AoE Defense Ignore
- W-cast
-ST Nuke

Sora (5 - 7)
LB: ST Damage + Full break + 4 turn unlock T-Cast

TMR: 160 ATK Sword (Sora Exclusive Equipment), All Ele resist + 10%, Auto-refresh, TDW
STMR: [Materia] ATK + 70% + TDW

- ST damage with LB up
- AoE Damage + Self ATK UP
- ST 2x Ignore Defense
-W-Command
- ST Damage up with consecutive use

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
That Kryla information today about her 7* has me hoping I pull another! I would love her 7* but with other breakers already at 1/2 a 7* and permanent UoC away I feel that banking on 7* chow as Magic tank (as I do not have Awakened rain and Basch isn't as good as chow) is a better investment.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im so proud of myself for saving gems/tickets

im now at 7000 gems(10k by end of month) and 50 summon tickets, which while not a lot for most, its more than ive ever really saved

now to waste them all whenever we get CG Ignacio

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Im so proud of myself for saving gems/tickets

im now at 7000 gems(10k by end of month) and 50 summon tickets, which while not a lot for most, its more than ive ever really saved

now to waste them all whenever we get CG Ignacio

That's more tickets than I have! I'm good at hoarding lapis (37000 currently) and TERRIBLE at hoarding tickets.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's more tickets than I have! I'm good at hoarding lapis (37000 currently) and TERRIBLE at hoarding tickets.
I have a horrible resistance when it comes to step up banners and their slightly lower summon costs that I can easily trick myself into giving in, but thankfully after getting Barb, literally nothing has interested me enough to spend anything.

With tickets, though, I had a string of awful pulls so the desire to waste them when I get them rather than wait and bulk spend was made a loooot weaker. The 10+1 summon tickets, on the other hand, universally never give me anything yet I still use them immediately :P

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have a horrible resistance when it comes to step up banners and their slightly lower summon costs that I can easily trick myself into giving in, but thankfully after getting Barb, literally nothing has interested me enough to spend anything.

With tickets, though, I had a string of awful pulls so the desire to waste them when I get them rather than wait and bulk spend was made a loooot weaker. The 10+1 summon tickets, on the other hand, universally never give me anything yet I still use them immediately :P

I'm finally just stocking up all my 10+1s for Sora O'Clock. Sora and Citan next year are going to destroy me.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So..... Gumi decided to eliminate off-banner rainbows on the old Christmas banner.

An interesting gambit, for sure.

EDIT: Thanks Norn for the correction!

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So..... Gumi decided to eliminate off-banner rainbows on the Christmas banner, but **only** for the old unit triple rainbow banner and only on its step up.

An interesting gambit, for sure.

Maybe it's a good sign for the next collaboration banner.

Probably not.

But maybe.

but probably not.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I still have the special ticket to get Christine, so maybe I will skip this Christmas banner (I already have a Magic Tank with a 7* Basch, and will wait for a breaker with Auron, have three CG Lids anyway), probably will spend my lapis in KH banner (hopefully Sora and KH Cloud are not too nerfed).

.n_n.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Still conflicted on 2nd Zarg or Kryla's TMR. I have a Melodies of Life, Hexatheon's Revelation, King's Armor, 3 True Hydaelyn's whatever. It feels SO DUMB to go for that TMR over a beast unit like Zarg, but I know I might get him eventually...ugh.

(Edit: I also have a single CG Nichol, so the odds of grabbing a second 7* buffer unit doubles, I guess?)

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Still conflicted on 2nd Zarg or Kryla's TMR. I have a Melodies of Life, Hexatheon's Revelation, King's Armor, 3 True Hydaelyn's whatever. It feels SO DUMB to go for that TMR over a beast unit like Zarg, but I know I might get him eventually...ugh.

You have the choice to UoC a limited unit, and are contemplating UoC'ing a non-limited one. Think about that.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You have the choice to UoC a limited unit, and are contemplating UoC'ing a non-limited one. Think about that.
Some of the units are quite good, but I have literally none of them, so I'd need to naturally pull a rainbow with dailies or whatever for me to even consider it. Assuming that doesn't happen, all the limited units would be six star, so the *only* reason I'm considering Kryla is because of a TMR that people are mentioning is somewhat important to later trials, even though I kind of have good all element gear already.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the units are quite good, but I have literally none of them, so I'd need to naturally pull a rainbow with dailies or whatever for me to even consider it. Assuming that doesn't happen, all the limited units would be six star, so the *only* reason I'm considering Kryla is because of a TMR that people are mentioning is somewhat important to later trials, even though I kind of have good all element gear already.

I'm in your situation, would be UoC'ing Kryla for her TMR. Apparently for a future trial(s) we need to be able to gear our entire team to a pretty high level of elemental immunity.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017

(Edit: I also have a single CG Nichol, so the odds of grabbing a second 7* buffer unit doubles, I guess?)

I'm having to pick between a second Dracu Lasswell or Kryla's TMR...i'll see how a few summons go using my tickets first before using that UoC.

After crafting 1 of each Popstar / Crimson event items, it's nice to use up all my NRG on stocking up Crysts and not have another event on the go. But now we have this new Chamber of Arms, has anyone given it a try yet?

Oh and for any newer players, here's my ID as I have room: 518, 334, 204.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Just wasted 19k on a full lap of the Fan Festa Step Up in hopes of pulling a Lilith or Beryl, as I need a 7* Mag Tank. I got absolute crap... only the two guaranteed rainbows and they were my 5th Fryevia and 1st GLS. Both basically useless.

Anyway, I was wondering how long do we have to use our Fan Festa UoC tix? I know eventually they will be useless and I dont want to miss an opportunity to at least get a 7* Barb.

Edit- Or maybe Kryla for her TMR, after reading these last few posts.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Just wasted 19k on a full lap of the Fan Festa Step Up in hopes of pulling a Lilith or Beryl, as I need a 7* Mag Tank. I got absolute crap... only the two guaranteed rainbows and they were my 5th Fryevia and 1st GLS. Both basically useless.

Anyway, I was wondering how long do we have to use our Fan Festa UoC tix? I know eventually they will be useless and I dont want to miss an opportunity to at least get a 7* Barb.

Edit- Or maybe Kryla for her TMR, after reading these last few posts.
Ticket lasts until the end of Jan, officially expires on the first of Feb.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer. Both 10+1 tickets yielded nothing, and the guaranteed 5* got me my third Lila. I checked her STMR, and it's pretty weak.

meeeeeeh

Edit: Back to the 150,000 cost UoC ticket, I see.

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Got WKN#1 in 3 Tix and #2 was immediately after on the next ticket. 5+1 got me Gladio #1 and 10+1 got me K.Delita #2 and 5* ex ticket was Shantoto . Did first two steps on old Xmas step up and got dbl rainbows on the second step Kryla #1 and WKN #3. Sharing 7* WKN for MK event. Tempted to finish the step up for either WKN STMR Kryla #2 or Christine #2.....

Best of luck on your pulls everyone and congratulations on any rainbows! ^^b

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, I know this is a useless unit now, and not even that valuable as a TMR anymore, but I finally pulled my white whale. The only non-limited 4* in this game I had never pulled. I was convinced she was actually a limited unit and/or that I was getting trolled by Gumi. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I've beaten FFBE...

0fNTJkq.png

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
UoC'd Kryla #1, nothing else is particularly useful for me, so her TMR will be great, and I could do with the MK bonus.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Burned the two 10+1 tickets, a 5+1 ticket, and the 5* ex ticket; only got a rainbow from the EX, my 5th Gilgamesh. That's a bummer.

I was going to pull on the old units Christmas banner, but with Christine not as good as I'd hoped I'm not sure anymore; I was mostly hoping for a solid/consistent chain partner for Terra or GLS. With no off banners I might still throw some tickets in later; Kryla being a decent breaker that isn't too exciting as I have Loren but her TM is solid and if I get a WKN I could use the FFUOC for my first 7* mag tank.

Edit:
Can't wait for the separate inventory for enhancers; any additional pulling will have to wait

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I still use 2 in Arena, both are unenhanced too. Not bothering to change them away either :)

Ex tixes 2x 10+1 and trashy single ones were trashy. 5+1 gave me 2nd Ellesperis, not bothering with 7* I have better katanas and better katana users. G5 was Greg, it took over 2 years to get 2 Gregs.

24 norml tix = 1 WKN, 7 4* tix Christine & Kryla got back to back rainbow from 4* tickets, first time ever that happens.
Most likely going to uoc WKN, I could use him as magic tank (I do have Beryl too).

Happy holiday times, Fountain is back again.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
5* EX tickt gave my me second Zarg, s now I have 7* Zarg!

One of the tickets from the MK event gave me my first Christine, so now I'm not sure what to do with the FF choice ticket...

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realize EX tickets could give banner units, just pulled a 5* Felix...

now im tempted to get greedy and try for a second, but IDK how useful he'd be....

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
10+1 was crap
5* EX was my third Ayaka...
I threw about 15 tickets at the old Christmas banner, and pulled my first Kryla
Immediately used my Fan Festa tickets on a second Kryla
So a new 7* (with Mog King bonus) and two real good TM's, not too shabby

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Lulu #6 and Emperor #3. Bah humbug.

Then, I realized how incredibly crappy the mog king bonuses are with no current 4* on banner units.

Super incredibly lame.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't used my Fan Festa 2018 select tickets yet and apparently Kryla is useful somehow? Can anyone explain this to me?

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, crazy good luck for me today! Decided to use some summons on the Christmas units and ended up getting a ton of Rainbows! :o

Step 1 got me my first White Knight Noel, which was great! So I decided to use some Rare Summon tickets after that...ended up with another White Knight Noel, Christine, White Knight Noel, Kryla, Christine, White Knight Noel, Kryla....I also got Prishe and Nalu. I must have only used around 40 tickets. The two 10+1 tickets and 5+1 were not that good. This means I should use my UoC on another Dracu Lasswell and stick to the two Kryla units I have for her TMR. I'll probably stop now and save up the rest I have for Vincent and Tifa.

Time to level up WKN so I can share him!

Last edited:

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I still haven't used my Fan Festa 2018 select tickets yet and apparently Kryla is useful somehow? Can anyone explain this to me?
Kryla's useful because breaks are useful. She has some unique utility (fixed damage, Nullifying Chant) that is probably not going to be a factor. Relative to 2B and Loren, her current competitors, she's likely the least impactful. In theory, her niche is easier/quicker access to big breaks. In reality, the other two are going to be able to pump their LBs out every other turn if not every turn in Loren's case, so Kryla's actual niche are her enhanced breaks, if you're doing content where you can't reliably get LBs out for whatever reason. Probably Lid is a better comparison than Loren and 2B.

Her primary advantage and big selling point is her TM. It's probably being overvalued a little if you've been keeping Garnets and grinding the right TMs but it's still a great ability. I think she looks cool too. She's also easily the tankiest of any of the breakers, for whatever that's worth, thanks to native immunity to every status that matters, no interest in offensive stats and extremely minimal, if any, need to bother with LB gain means the correct way to build her is to just stack HP/SPR/MP.

You don't need her if you have 2B, Loren or Lid though.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realize EX tickets could give banner units, just pulled a 5* Felix...

now im tempted to get greedy and try for a second, but IDK how useful he'd be....
I don't think he's worth chasing, particularly if you already have some chainers. Felix appears to be a hybrid chainer with Octoslash/Graviton Cannon frames. The Graviton moves are on CD and I don't think have many partners. The octoslash moves(Fire/Earth Element) have more chaining partners; but it looks like his are AOE and have fairly low modifiers(3.8x vs 12x on Fryevias).

Wow, crazy good luck for me today! Decided to use some summons on the Christmas units and ended up getting a ton of Rainbows! :o

Step 1 got me my first White Knight Noel, which was great! So I decided to use some Rare Summon tickets after that...ended up with another White Knight Noel, Christine, White Knight Noel, Kryla, Christine, White Knight Noel, Kryla....I also got Prishe and Nalu. I must have only used around 40 tickets. The two 10+1 tickets and 5+1 were not that good. This means I should use my UoC on another Dracu Lasswell and stick to the two Kryla units I have for her TMR. I'll probably stop now and save up the rest I have for Vincent and Tifa.

Time to level up WKN so I can share him!
Congrats! those are solid pulls.