• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamnit I finally got a rainbow of the stupid kingdom hearts banner and it was fucking sora. I am seriously going to just sell this thing I don't want it taking up space

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
As much as I want Tifa and Yuffie and to just get all of the "wait for this meta redefining unit!" banners over with, the thing I'm wanting and looking forward to most is the split units page and the Coin exchange. I'm not sure there's anything coming up as far as limited banners that I care much about.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want Tifa and Yuffie and to just get all of the "wait for this meta redefining unit!" banners over with, the thing I'm wanting and looking forward to most is the split units page and the Coin exchange. I'm not sure there's anything coming up as far as limited banners that I care much about.

To be entirely fair, there will never not be a "wait for this god unit". Even when Axter comes out people will just transition to hoarding for CG Poochie or Bartz or something. But yes, I feel you.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
To be entirely fair, there will never not be a "wait for this god unit". Even when Axter comes out people will just transition to hoarding for CG Poochie or Bartz or something. But yes, I feel you.
That's more or less my point. Everyone said "wait for Hyoh". Then it became "Wait for Akstar". I know it's a bit cynical but unless you really really want a unit for personal taste reasons chasing the meta isn't a good way to spend resources and is often what results in people burning out and dropping or taking breaks.

The last limited banner I gave a crap about was Nier returning to hopefully get a 2nd 2B or maybe get an A2 or 2. Neither of those happened, but I really just wanted 2B to be 7*, which the coin exchange will give me at some point. I also feel pretty comfortable now, as a mostly F2P player (I spend money on fountain of Lapis when it comes up), because most content can be cleared by playing the game normally unless you just have truly abysmal (read: impossibly bad) luck.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Why did you summon on that banner at all if you didn't want the units?
Tryna get a cloud TMR so just using junk tickets on it.

Ended up talking myself into do a lap now too fuck my life. Got a 2nd Sora and a Cloud so at least I got the TMR but it definitely wasn't worth 25k lapis.. I dunno what I was thinking I'm some kind of moron

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tryna get a cloud TMR so just using junk tickets on it.

Ended up talking myself into do a lap now too fuck my life. Got a 2nd Sora and a Cloud so at least I got the TMR but it definitely wasn't worth 25k lapis.. I dunno what I was thinking I'm some kind of moron

Just remember. I have seven KH Clouds and only one Sora. You lucked out pretty well if you got a 7* Sora and the Cloud TMR.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, just got Seal of Life and Power Lv. 4 on Floor 4!! That's a first. Unfortunately it was with Dark Faith, just thought I'd give that weapon more stats just in case I use it sometime. Still cool though :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, just got Seal of Life and Power Lv. 4 on Floor 4!! That's a first. Unfortunately it was with Dark Faith, just thought I'd give that weapon more stats just in case I use it sometime. Still cool though :)

That happened to me on KH Cloud's STMR. It was pretty hilarious. I still resent him all the way to hell, but at least his STMR decided it wanted to be OP pretty much immediately.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

Nice, congrats! I've managed to get a lvl 6 on Sunbreaker and then it's been just crap ever since. I've been using up all my orbs/refill items for Revolving Saw, since it's the best 2H GS I have, and no dice. Really bad RNG this time around to the point that I get high DEF or MP on it. :(

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, congrats! I've managed to get a lvl 6 on Sunbreaker and then it's been just crap ever since.

I have total 24% atk to Sun Breaker last time IW had bows. Now its just been crap after crap. Still trying to get better values to it. Ang will be my UoC unit so I have 7* when he comes back during CNY.

^^
And I can change the weapon, got the rare mod and another 10% atk. Now just wondering do I take DEF 15% or keep ATK 3% from last floor :D.
Either totaling atk 43% 30% mag or atk 40%, mag 30%, 15% def. Latter looks better ;) But I chose atk, maybe that 3% is the difference between life and dead.

Now to wait his 7*

Screenshot_20190108-094943.png
Screenshot_20190108-094948.png

Just some test build (close the app after taking these screenies so I won't break builds from units I use now).
He should be at max atk pot. I have 50% too much TDH there, since Ang has 100% eq atk to wielding any one weapon.
Thus could swap Tomb Raider to +40% atk materia or to Discernment.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I have total 24% atk to Sun Breaker last time IW had bows. Now its just been crap after crap. Still trying to get better values to it. Ang will be my UoC unit so I have 7* when he comes back during CNY.

^^
And I can change the weapon, got the rare mod and another 10% atk. Now just wondering do I take DEF 15% or keep ATK 3% from last floor :D.
Either totaling atk 43% 30% mag or atk 40%, mag 30%, 15% def. Latter looks better ;) But I chose atk, maybe that 3% is the difference between life and dead.

Now to wait his 7*

Screenshot_20190108-094943.png
Screenshot_20190108-094948.png

Just some test build (close the app after taking these screenies so I won't break builds from units I use now).
He should be at max atk pot. I have 50% too much TDH there, since Ang has 100% eq atk to wielding any one weapon.
Thus could swap Tomb Raider to +40% atk materia or to Discernment.

I also went ahead and got a dupe Ang with the Fan Festa UoC, thus I can skip the CNY banner entirely. I hope they do him good.
That's a solid build, this is what mine looks like atm:

No Discernment : http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#98a7fd00-1323-11e9-8c6b-fd8ca377da06
Discernment : http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#eb890780-1323-11e9-8c6b-fd8ca377da06

In practice I will most definitely use the second build, I can't stand not having all the units resistant to status ailments. :P

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm finally at max gil cap, it only took 953 days for it to happen.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I am so fucking frustrated with IW. Spent nearly 90 orbs on fangbreaker trying to get better than 22%, still have yet to see a hp 12% or 15%, and lol at seeing a rare...

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Sure it can take a while to get a good roll in IW (still waiting for a good crimson blood) but once you finally do, that weapon is pretty much done forever. IW is available permanently in JP which I'd imagine we get eventually too (this week is the first step with all weapons being available for the first time) so I'm really not fussed about spending all my orbs on stuff that just doesn't want to cooperate. Happens to everyone. I'm almost to the point already where I'm happy enough with a lot of my rolls on most used weapons, even if they're not perfect.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I am so fucking frustrated with IW. Spent nearly 90 orbs on fangbreaker trying to get better than 22%, still have yet to see a hp 12% or 15%, and lol at seeing a rare...

I remember retrying for Fangbreaker so many times until i got rare 30% hp on it

Only to later realize that both Sieghart and Chow can't equip it.
Why do I even bother...

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
kKTpulK.jpg

RNG, how does it work? /shrug
Silly Gumi.

FInally, long overdue, took care of Odin 3*. Hadn't tried him since most of my team was still 6*s and got wiped silly. Not so tough with a full team of 7*s with some decent gear though.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hyoh enhancements in JP, about time! https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/ae4h1z/jp_maintenance_hyoh_story_event_rerun/

Hyoh
精神+20% SPR +20%

1. SPR+10% (Ability Name Changes)
  2. SPR+30% Removed, changed to new skill.
    [5T Cooldown] Self Mankiller + LB Gauge Add (L = instant max LB) + LB Damage Up
無の境地 Way of the Void
99 MP (Available Turn 1) 5 Turn Cooldown: Learn Tブレイド For 2 Turns (Use 3 of Multiple Skills) & Self 3 Turn +200% ATK & Self 100% HP Recovery

1. Provides ATK+50%
  2. T-Blade enabled for 4 Turns
謎の剣士 Mysterious Swordsman
+20% HP/MP

1. ATK/SPR +30%, +50% TDH
  2. +50% Equipment ATK
ブレイドスレイブ Servant of the Blade
52 MP 50% ST 6 Hit Physical Attack & 180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF

1. +250 Mod
  2. +250 Mod
フレイムブレイド Flame Blade
35 MP 350% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -60% Fire Resist

1. Imperil +2 Turns, Imperil +20% (Total of 80%)
  2. Self Fire Imbue
ヴォルトブレイド Voltage Blade
35 MP 350% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -60% Thunder Resist

1. Imperil +2 Turns, Imperil +20% (Total of 80%)
  2. Self Thunder Imbue

They seem pretty strong but I guess that's just the state of the current JP powercreep, self imbue was much needed.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
They seem pretty strong but I guess that's just the state of the current JP powercreep, self imbue was much needed.

If I want / need and I still dont have 2 Hyoh (0 at the moment) I may pull from that banner _if_ it comes similar to Global.
= 10% Banner rainbow rate and only 3 Rainbow units in banner (Tifa, Hyoh, Crimson). Tho not sure where the game will be in 10 months time. That do we have similar or better units (that I have).

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the in-game news for the Seph/Cloud step-up, and 7* announcement, they seem to have received some global upgrades.

Cloud gets upgraded Buster Style+, 70% ATK and TDH, and Memories of Friends, Boost LB dmg and dmg of certain abilities.
Seph gets upgraded Supremacy, Dmg one enemy and power up with consecutive use.

Will have to see what other uprades they get, if any, and what the mods are on these abilities when the maintenance peek comes along.

Edit - Oh, Cloud will have his ability awakenings too, later in the month.

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20190109CloudSephySummonBanner.jpg
https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-...en/content/20190108StarAwakeningBatch6b1.html

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice Hyoh's enhancements look good, extended duration on T-Cast and self imbues.

Also didn't expect to see a step-up for Cloud/Sephiroth.
So I ended up getting two Sora units through tickets and the free daily pulls. Is it worth trying to get KH Cloud as well?
Congrats! I think you're good, I believe Sora was the main prize of the banner; so need to pull further unless you just really like KH Cloud.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I ended up getting two Sora units through tickets and the free daily pulls. Is it worth trying to get KH Cloud as well?

KH Cloud is a mediocre, high-damage low-utility chainer with no future and a TMR that pretty much just functions as a slightly weaker Marshal Glove. If you have no Marshal Gloves pulling one of him wouldn't be bad. But I wouldn't go hard for his 7*. Sora's the better of the two units and will pretty much always be.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nice Hyoh's enhancements look good, extended duration on T-Cast and self imbues.

Also didn't expect to see a step-up for Cloud/Sephiroth.

Congrats! I think you're good, I believe Sora was the main prize of the banner; so need to pull further unless you just really like KH Cloud.

KH Cloud is a mediocre, high-damage low-utility chainer with no future and a TMR that pretty much just functions as a slightly weaker Marshal Glove. If you have no Marshal Gloves pulling one of him wouldn't be bad. But I wouldn't go hard for his 7*. Sora's the better of the two units and will pretty much always be.

Thanks!

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Almost definitely better than Sora. Axter, probably not. And even if he is, it's only until Axter himself gets enhancements.

I though JP Sora is stronger than Akstar?

JP Sora DR mod is around 1900%. Enhanced Hyoh Servant of the Blade seems to be around 2060%.

I don't know about Akstar, too complicated reading the japanese translation.

Well, Memelord said JP Sora is stronger than Akstar, but you have to wait 4 months after Akstar released to enjoy Sora.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I though JP Sora is stronger than Akstar?

I believe Sora can outpace Axter, but at this point he's not even the king of the meta anymore himself. Sora is a mid-tier TDW chainer and Axter is near-top-tier TDH. They serve different functions, essentially. In the long run, Axter is probably still "better" while Sora is more flexible.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I believe Sora can outpace Axter, but at this point he's not even the king of the meta anymore himself. Sora is a mid-tier TDW chainer and Axter is near-top-tier TDH. They serve different functions, essentially. In the long run, Axter is probably still "better" while Sora is more flexible.

Isn't Sora a TDH?

His mod is way too low for TDW unit.

Even PG Lasswell AT mod is 9x/13x. He won't be able to compete if built as TDW.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Sora a TDH?

His mod is way too low for TDW unit.

Even PG Lasswell AT mod is 9x/13x. He won't be able to compete if built as TDW.

Sora is a TDW unit who can also TDH if you can't gear him for TDW. Remember, Sora's much stronger in JP than he is in GL:

Vortex total modifier reduced from 6.4x to 4.8x.
Sonic Blade total modifier reduced from 7x to 5x.
Combo Plus unlocks Triple Command for 4 turns, reduced from 5 turns, and modifier boosts removed.
Ars Arcanum total modifier reduced from 19x to 10x.
Strike Raid modifier reduced from 10x to 4x.
Chosen by the Keyblade ATK boost reduced from 40% to 20%.
Berserk ATK buff reduced from 150% to 110%.
Twin Limit Upgrade equipment ATK boost when dual wielding reduced from 30% to 20%, and modifier boosts reduced from 3x to 1x.
Increased chain modifier cap when dual wielding removed.
LB modifier reduced from 30x to 16x, and unlocks Triple Command for 4 turns, reduced from 5 turns.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Sora is a TDW unit who can also TDH if you can't gear him for TDW. Remember, Sora's much stronger in JP than he is in GL:

Vortex total modifier reduced from 6.4x to 4.8x.
Sonic Blade total modifier reduced from 7x to 5x.
Combo Plus unlocks Triple Command for 4 turns, reduced from 5 turns, and modifier boosts removed.
Ars Arcanum total modifier reduced from 19x to 10x.
Strike Raid modifier reduced from 10x to 4x.
Chosen by the Keyblade ATK boost reduced from 40% to 20%.
Berserk ATK buff reduced from 150% to 110%.
Twin Limit Upgrade equipment ATK boost when dual wielding reduced from 30% to 20%, and modifier boosts reduced from 3x to 1x.
Increased chain modifier cap when dual wielding removed.
LB modifier reduced from 30x to 16x, and unlocks Triple Command for 4 turns, reduced from 5 turns.

I'm confused why people even consider him as TDW unit?

He has W-ability with unlockable T-ability. His mod is low for TDW standard (Lasswell) but very high for TDH Standard (A2).

I think the only reason to build him as TDW is for very long battle to conserve his MP.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
This discussion reads to me like you aren't taking into account the TDW chain cap being 6x instead of 4x as well as the TDW cap in Japan being 200% now instead of 100%. You're putting way too much stock in the base mods.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused why people even consider him as TDW unit?

He has W-ability with unlockable T-ability. His mod is low for TDW standard (Lasswell) but very high for TDH Standard (A2).

I think the only reason to build him as TDW is for very long battle to conserve his MP.

TDW units like Sora and Lasswell get a raised chain damage cap while dual wielding that TDH units don't.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
This discussion reads to me like you aren't taking into account the TDW chain cap being 6x instead of 4x as well as the TDW cap in Japan being 200% now instead of 100%. You're putting way too much stock in the base mods.
TDW units like Sora and Lasswell get a raised chain damage cap while dual wielding that TDH units don't.

Oh i see.

So in JP Sora has 6x mod while DWing. I forget about that. So basically you DW while using T-cast?

But in GL since 6x chain mod is not a thing yet, he is clearly TDH, right?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long after Sieghard did Ignacio release on JP? I assumed he'd release soonish what with Citra in October and sieghard in December, but then remembered there's like 3 other ex-veritases to get new units, too so it could be even longer. I don't wanna fumble around for another year :/

Also an aside, would getting the JP version on Qooapp fuck up the GL version already installed off GooglePlay? I don't wanna take any chances but I'm curious about JP.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Folka is next then Ignacio(?) then Cid then Akstar as far as story events go. I think, i haven't dbl checked in awhile. He's either 1 story event away or two at the most.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folka is next then Ignacio(?) then Cid then Akstar as far as story events go. I think, i haven't dbl checked in awhile. He's either 1 story event away or two at the most.
Oh thank god, with all the akster talk I was worried it'd be a lot longer

Folka is next week (probably) and Ignacio will be sometime in February.
Shit that's even sooner than expected. i was assuming March/April since there seemed to be a month between citra and sieghard, but I guess there isn't technically a pattern with two lol.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Oh thank god, with all the akster talk I was worried it'd be a lot longer

Shit that's even sooner than expected. i was assuming March/April since there seemed to be a month between citra and sieghard, but I guess there isn't technically a pattern with two lol.
The schedule is around Story Events, not the Veritas specifically. Citra in October, Elephim in November, Sieghard in December. Story events are basically the only thing that reliably come once a month in the exact same order as JP got them.

Folka, Ignacio, Cid, Akstar, Crimson, Regina, etc.

edit: though just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. King Mog events used to come in the same order as JP and that's not so reliable these days. So...

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, the KH banner ends tonight. 7 Clouds and only one Sora. I've learned a valuable lesson from this nightmare. Two, actually.

1) Never actually want anything ever again.
2) Never, ever pull on limited banners.

Thanks for nothing, Gumi.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
If I could give you my Soras I would :(

I'm not even going to awaken it. Just gonna sit in my box taking up 2 spaces along with the 2 stupid Squalls I got