• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Really dumb that Cloud and Sephiroth are getting their 7 stars and aren't bonus units in the event.

Man, 7 stars really killed this game for me. The rates were always frustratingly dogshit but when you got a 5 star unit you'd get excited (for the most part). Now, if I ever get a new rainbow (which is quite rare) I just think "oh great, now I have to spend whatever little stash I have left on another incredibly small chance of getting the same character for it to be useful" (or just leave the new 5 star unit to rot in your box).

At this point i'm just waiting for the Xenogears banner (it's one of my favorite games - btw, was it ever confirmed that we will even get that banner?) to spend everything there and probably quit for good afterwards. I was able to stay mostly F2P (only bought a couple Fountains and I think a pack chasing a Hyoh dupe) so I won't feel too bad about it - unlike other freaking gachas *cough* Dokkan *cough*.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Really dumb that Cloud and Sephiroth are getting their 7 stars and aren't bonus units in the event.

Man, 7 stars really killed this game for me. The rates were always frustratingly dogshit but when you got a 5 star unit you'd get excited (for the most part). Now, if I ever get a new rainbow (which is quite rare) I just think "oh great, now I have to spend whatever little stash I have left on another incredibly small chance of getting the same character for it to be useful" (or just leave the new 5 star unit to rot in your box).

At this point i'm just waiting for the Xenogears banner (it's one of my favorite games - btw, was it ever confirmed that we will even get that banner?) to spend everything there and probably quit for good afterwards. I was able to stay mostly F2P (only bought a couple Fountains and I think a pack chasing a Hyoh dupe) so I won't feel too bad about it - unlike other freaking gachas *cough* Dokkan *cough*.
No dates but producer said Xenogears is coming at some point at fan festa. I definitely get the annoying part about the 7* system, but at the same time it does at least offer something to do with all these offbanner dupes you're bound to get. Of all the new units added after 7* was introduced, I only have Squall Rinoa and Aloha Lasswell, with a bunch of singles waiting to useful.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
yeah...for every Mog King event their should be some retroactive units we can use to get some bonus percentage....it ridiculous that Cloud and Sephiroth; the mosr prominent characters of FF VII aren't valid for the Mog King event.

Last edited:

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
No dates but producer said Xenogears is coming at some point at fan festa. I definitely get the annoying part about the 7* system, but at the same time it does at least offer something to do with all these offbanner dupes you're bound to get. Of all the new units added after 7* was introduced, I only have Squall Rinoa and Aloha Lasswell, with a bunch of singles waiting to useful.

That is true about the off-banner units, but even so they still should be more common. This game really needs a guaranteed 5 star per multi (or at the very least a generous pity system). Step-ups are definitely not enough, considering that for a lot of the banners you can go a full lap getting only the guaranteed unit.

Dead multis in this game are particularly disheartening, with how common they are.

And man, limited banners are especially sad since you're forced to go after the units with no hope of getting them off banner later (and just praying for an eventual re-run at some point).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That is true about the off-banner units, but even so they still should be more common. This game really needs a guaranteed 5 star per multi (or at the very least a generous pity system). Step-ups are definitely not enough, considering that for a lot of the banners you can go a full lap getting only the guaranteed unit.

Dead multis in this game are particularly disheartening, with how common they are.

And man, limited banners are especially sad since you're forced to go after the units with no hope of getting them off banner later (and just praying for an eventual re-run at some point).

This is the hell I will live in for the next year. Fucking Gumi. 7 copies of KH Cloud and one Sora. I would've been better if the game never even gave me the Sora at all.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should catch up with this game, I still refuse to get Bahamut since I'm too lazy to switch over my team. If I can't beat him with my Orlandeau and WoL team, I don't deserve him.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
And maintenance begins, and so with it end my chances of getting a 7* Sora. Feels great. Feels real great.

:|

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Um, why are they buffing Sephiroth? Isn't he pretty insane when he gets his enhancements as it is?

The two abilities that got buffed for Sephiroth, his Absolute Mirror of Equity chain skill and his Trust Ability, aren't part of his ability enhancement package. They're minor upgrades but the chain skill update is a very good one and will benefit him hugely down the line. It essentially nullifies some of Sephiroth's weaknesses as a TDW unit. And his Trust Ability upgrade compensates for how kind of mediocre the Masamune is as a weapon in the long run.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Got real unlucky and didn't get any Sora or Cloud, in fact I got no raindows in this banner. Didn't do the step up as I didn't have the resources in time.

Off today's banner who is worth getting? I am thinking of not pulling on this banner and save for Auron but I have just about enough for a step up next week.

I have Sephiroth ready to be 7* so Lightning is about ready to be retired.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got real unlucky and didn't get any Sora or Cloud, in fact I got no raindows in this banner. Didn't do the step up as I didn't have the resources in time.

Off today's banner who is worth getting? I am thinking of not pulling on this banner and save for Auron but I have just about enough for a step up next week.

I have Sephiroth ready to be 7* so Lightning is about ready to be retired.

Both Tifa and Vincent aren't amazing. Don't burn all your resources trying to get either one, really.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Both Tifa and Vincent aren't amazing. Don't burn all your resources trying to get either one, really.

But it's Tifa and Vincent!! :) This is the banner I've been waiting for, so worried for my Lapis and Tickets...Pure nostalgia for me as 7 was the first game that got me into the series and my favourite, so meant a lot to me. I'd definitely want each unit, they look great too.

I'll Summon soon and see how I get on, use up my Raid Coins then finally sort out my unit list.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
mistake double post :(

Anyway, I've finally started to catch up with the story too. IW was also fairly good to me this time round.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Spent 10 tickets on the banner and got 1 Vincent. The 15 or so 3* EX I've been saving up gave me Beatrix #2.

I wanted at least one of each Tifa and Vincent so hopefully I can pull the former from the MK tickets or dailies.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Had about a dozen random tickets and used em. Got a 2nd Cloud off a 3* EX ticket, big lucky there. Now I got 7* Cloud and Sephi ready to go even tho is mega wack they don't count for MK. Then I used rest of my random tickets on banner and got Cait and Barret and then used my 10% Rainbow ticket I got from the Sora step up and it was a Tifa. So at least I got some units to use for the MK.

in other news: lol I'm dumb af, I used 100% moogles on Sora and KHloud before I used any raid summon so now I got these extra TM Moogles that's useless. At least they are kind of rare Moogles, it doesn't seem like I will get 100% of either. Oh well, I feel like I get a new 100% moogle every couple weeks at this point so it's not huge

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I only wanted 2 bonus units and it took me 20 tickets for one Cait Sith, nice summon rates!
At least I'm consistent with my luck between Brave Exvius and Dissidia.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Used some tickets for bonus units. First 4 star ticket was a tifa, got the rest of the banner in 6 normal tickets...wild.

Don't forget to do the vault, has a maxed king cactuar for completion.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Spent three normal tickets and two 4* tickets and got one Barret. This is gonna be such a rough event.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I got the 7* forms of both Sora and KH Cloud. Really happy I got them both (Sora was my main focus though, getting the 2 Cloud's was a nice bonus)

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Failing to ignore the siren call of nostalgia I ran the lap up twice. One Tifa one Vincent the first lap, the second lap was Vincent's 2&3, and then tickets dropped Vincent 4. I might keep Vincent on my arena team for this AOE death LB.

Will likely do dailies to see if I can get a second Tifa.

Edit:
I'll admit I get a kick out of watching the FF7 crew do their limit breaks.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5 normal tickets, 1 4* ticket, daily and 4 Ex normal ticket give me 3 Barrets for the event.

.n_n.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Failing to ignore the siren call of nostalgia I ran the lap up twice. One Tifa one Vincent the first lap, the second lap was Vincent's 2&3, and then tickets dropped Vincent 4. I might keep Vincent on my arena team for this AOE death LB.

Will likely do dailies to see if I can get a second Tifa.

Edit:
I'll admit I get a kick out of watching the FF7 crew do their limit breaks.

Jesus. Four Vincents.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeaahhh, as I much as I like Vincent; that kinda hurt.

I just tell myself that for what I put in 4 Vincents was way superior to just 2.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeaahhh, as I much as I like Vincent; that kinda hurt.

I just tell myself that for what I put in 4 Vincents was way superior to just 2.

Did you already get the STMR? You should probably farm out a couple copies of his trust mastery before you do that. It's real good and will serve you better than he probably will.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did you already get the STMR? You should probably farm out a couple copies of his trust mastery before you do that. It's real good and will serve you better than he probably will.
Not yet, I moogled the one I absorbed into my 7*; the other two are still 5*. I'll have to farm them out as 60% attack is quite nice.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally pulled an Ayaka, but she and my LM Fina are only six star. Kind of a bummer...guess I'm still pulling hard for Folka next week.

68k lapis, 283 tickets.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Well...I mean, I guess it would be a fairly efficient use, but I'm so scared of missing Elly or Akstar or whatever. ^^

We'll see how the early step-ups for Folka go...
I'm scared of missing elly as well. Akstar I'm willing to blow two UoC on he seems to be just that good for about six months.

It's why I'm so wish washy on folka. By next Friday I'm at 15k, which is a great nest egg for xenogears, but if I blow 11k on folka (when I already ha e 7* ayaka AND 7* LM Fina)...

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Well...I mean, I guess it would be a fairly efficient use, but I'm so scared of missing Elly or Akstar or whatever. ^^

We'll see how the early step-ups for Folka go...
Elly is a collab unit and won't qualify for UoC; Folka is very strong at 6*. I would not UoC a dupe of her, nor would I UoC a first of her until a trial actually releases where she is important.

I'll be putting 11k and maybe a small handful of tickets (under 20) into her banner and if she doesn't show up, I'm moving on.
I'm scared of missing elly as well. Akstar I'm willing to blow two UoC on he seems to be just that good for about six months.

It's why I'm so wish washy on folka. By next Friday I'm at 15k, which is a great nest egg for xenogears, but if I blow 11k on folka (when I already ha e 7* ayaka AND 7* LM Fina)...
Like I've said in the Discord multiple times, Xenogears is not right around the corner. It's not even around the next couple corners. Save smart and you'll be fine.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

If you have 7* Ayaka and LM Fina, I think you should probably save, IMO. If I had either of those, I wouldn't spend much on Folka.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Finally pulled a 2nd Trance Terra when pulling for bonus units. Way to come after I finished the trials when I actually wanted you.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
4 tickets got Cait Sith and Tifa, 3 4* tickets got 2 Barrets. Hurrah! A second Tifa someday would be neat, but don't care enough to chase.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Finally pulled a 2nd Trance Terra when pulling for bonus units. Way to come after I finished the trials when I actually wanted you.
4 tickets got Cait Sith and Tifa, 3 4* tickets got 2 Barrets. Hurrah! A second Tifa someday would be neat, but don't care enough to chase.

As you know, I do use my KM tix (and what tix I have left before event) to KM banner.
This time I had 3 normal and 1 4* tix before event. After used those and now all event tickets I got 2 rainbows. Obviously they were off banners and well not great.
Ok Beatrix nr 2. (Both can rot as 5* til day of parameters) and just bought last 3 normal tix, first one straight to raimbow AKain. Oh well he is first so new unit and if I ever need 40 atk helmet I can moogle it.

Gacha life & rng at its best. Luckily with those tix I got 2 Caith Siths and 2 Barrets so will be okish event to farm.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to blow nearly half my Lapis on the step up. I got 4 Barrets, 6 Cait Sith, 1 Tifa and 2 Vincent out of it. Not too bad. I would be happy with another Tifa though.

Got a 7* Sephiroth and a 7* Noctis out of it at well.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Threw tickets at the banner for a mog king team,

Luneth (3) and Vincent (1). Enough Barrets for an small army. Now, if only the bonus mob rate wasn't complete garbage on ELT this time around. 60% ATK TMR is at least a decent consolation prize.

Too many banners I want to pull on in the near future to risk sinking lapis on this banner for Tifa. The numbers are saying that the GL buffs for her are fairly solid for her (but not gamebreaking). But, as all straight DPS units are fated to be in a gacha game, their lifespan is short and outside of my avatar, nostalgia alone won't cut it.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow on their 5* EX ticket.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
My 5* EX ticked wishlist is a 2nd copy of any of the half dozen magic damage character I have. I'm beyond overloaded with MAG pots cause I gots nobody to give em to. So Fry, Barby, TT, Shantotto, etc. I'm never ever going to go out of my way to UoC any of these units but it sucks not having access to their 7*

Incoming Reberta or Marie #8

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
5* EX ticket was my first-ever copy of Nyx. He's not exactly useful without his 7*, but he has an awesome sprite. Better than being trolled by another Flame Veritas.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Never chased Sephiroth, now I have 2. Sometimes these ex tickets do work. Most often not (my first ever ex 5* was dupe Lightning, way before 7* was a thing).

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
5* was Rydia. So instead of a 2nd copy of one of my myriad 5* mages, I get another first copy of a 5* mage heh

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My 5* EX ticket got me Vincent, was pretty surprised to get a current banner unit, not the first time it's happened though (got Nalu the same way)

His TM is pretty beastly, excuse the pun