• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt expect much from the free 5* ticket...but man it couldnt have been any worse than pulling a 5th Dark Fina after i just got her STMR a couple months ago.

Yikes.

PS. We are getting the Google Play Account data backup option this month tight ? Living in fear of getting your fake fb account shut down will be over.
Never chased Sephiroth, now I have 2. Sometimes these ex tickets do work. Most often not (my first ever ex 5* was dupe Lightning, way before 7* was a thing).

Seph is nice grats, he should get his 7* version soon as well.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
5* EX got me Basch #2 today.

I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a 7* magic tank (i have merc ramza x4 sitting in my list), but I was ultimately planning on just using Chow 7* for my magic tanking needs. Decisions lol.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Basch seems like a good tool to have around for fights with several waves like Marching Beasts since he can easily switch between phys / magic cover. He'll get blown away as a magic tank by Chow 7* but having the option will be nice!

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5* ticket was Gilgamesh 6 was going to do the 5 into stmr, but I guess I can just buckle in for 7 & 8.

Pretty sure Gilgamesh was my previous guaranteed 5* ticket as well.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I will save the ticket when Chow shows up again, really don´t need anything right now (have finished all the trails last week).

.n_n.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy with my ticket; I got a second Elfreeda, whose TMR boosted my Hyoh's attack by slightly over 100. Woooo!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't check the second summon tab the past 40 days or so and damn, 1 guaranted 5* 10+1, 4 10+1, 2 5+1 and 3 5* EX are waiting there for me. all that disappointment waiting to happen!
Still going to keep them for Golbez even though the chances will be like 1%, at least I'll try to get Folka and certainly will pull for Ignacio.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
5+1 resulted in Aloha Lasswell....erm cool ?

Is his TM used on Dual Wield units right now or are there better options?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My EX tickets were (as always) a bust this morning, but I got an Awakened Rain from the 5+1. Third copy, so not exciting, but his STMR is definitely gonna be really good if I ever get it.

Nice, thanks - i have regular 7* Lasswell and have been meaning to play more with him.

Hope i can pull Raegan as well downt he line too run both of them.

Yeah. Reagan is probably the best TDW unit for a while once he gets his 7*, so I definitely hope you snag one.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
EX tickets were nothing (shocking news)

5+1 yielded Sakura (1). Better than DKC by a long shot, and at least something new.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5+1 got me Olive(2nd) and Gladio(1st). Kind of fun, I don't think I'll use Olive but I'm now 3/4 for the FF15 crew; just need Prompto. That said I only have 7* Noctis

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I was tempted to go for a second Sephiroth, but it seems there won't be a banner we can use tickets on, right? It's just the step up?

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
This is unexpected, but i just got 4th Reberta.

Her STRM doesn't particularly striking for non-dragoon, but i still probably have to give her a try.

So, not counting Cid, who is our soon to be best dragoon?

Reberta, Duke (mine is not 7*), Aranea, Kain?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is unexpected, but i just got 4th Reberta.

Her STRM doesn't particularly striking for non-dragoon, but i still probably have to give her a try.

So, not counting Cid, who is our soon to be best dragoon?

Reberta, Duke (mine is not 7*), Aranea, Kain?

Reberta and Duke. Aranea (and Kain, though his 7* isn't unlocked yet) really don't keep up, sadly, and Cid obliterates all of them.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I realize that I never got the banner 5* in those 11k step up, and I did Hyoh / half of Citra / Sieghard, I really hope my luck will stop s*cking very soon.
Come on Folka, break my curse!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My plan is to do the 11K step up and then forty normal tickets. If I grab one Folka, I'll spend for the second. If I don't, I'm going to UoC either Ayaka or LM Fina for their 7* (probably LM Fina).

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda torn on Folka. I know she and Aerith are super future proof taking into account all the trials that are gonna come up, but I dunno. For now I'm way good with Yuna/Rem.

And I have a Rena for whenever the SO banner is gonna come around again, though it remains to be seen how good her 7* kit is gonna be.

I'll probably decide on Friday, all things considered.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I can't decide if I want to do her 11k step up too since I have 7* Fina, I know there will be trials where you need debuff resist since the 100% from ribbon won't be enough with bosses lowering debuff resist.
Also we're pretty late on trial releases too so it's not a must get now situation.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I want all the healers, have 7* fina, 7* ayaka, 2 Rena, 7* Yuna and 1 Eiko (no rem though).

I think I am contractually obligated to spend the 11k on Friday...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I missed 3 days of Vault because I keep forgetting it's here, I should stop going into events with the home screen banner.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
7* Ayaka here, but no other rainbow healers.

Probably in for the 11k, but probably won't spend tickets afterwards.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Folka even though I have 7 star Yuna/cg fina. Her utility is great so all good to me...

And it's the banner for my bday week! I was holding on to all the fan fest ex's (mainly to avoid limiteds) so I'll use them all on Friday. Not expecting Folka on them but hope I get something cool.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda torn on Folka. I know she and Aerith are super future proof taking into account all the trials that are gonna come up, but I dunno. For now I'm way good with Yuna/Rem.

And I have a Rena for whenever the SO banner is gonna come around again, though it remains to be seen how good her 7* kit is gonna be.

I'll probably decide on Friday, all things considered.
That's a really good idea, deciding on Friday.

You mean Friday 25th, right?

You should decide then.

As for UoCing old healers, wasn't there a fifth Fan Festa unit who was never implemented? Her unit design looked like she might be a pretty good healer.

Story unit 11ks are good value due to being single 5*, and Folka's TM is solid, plus she's an easy way to hit SPR and MP parameters. But we've got a lot of unknowns coming up - CNY is just around the corner. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
No pulling for me, 7 star Ayaka is enough for me, hell I still bring out 6 star CG Fina.

I want Cid though, Reberta has made me a big fan of dragoons.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for now until the next banner (hope is Chow, still have one of him but if his kit is nice and well done maybe will chase him instead of Folka), dont have a 7* healer right now.

.n_n.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Ill use 11k to Folka. Eventho I have 7* Ayaka / LMF / Rem / Yuna. I want the girl band. Granted, not using more resources than that 11k step-up and doing it 18.1.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
lmao

JP just got type banner with 2 guaranteed on-banner rainbow with each 5k pull. Basically around 20% rainbow rate.

Why even bother pulling now for 3% rate.

lol. Well, I'm not hoarding though. But the rise of rainbow rates is about as crazy as they handle powercrept.

If you hoard 75k lapis, then if you are "unlucky", you will end up with 2 x 3 x 5 = 30 new rainbow vs current regular step up that give us 6 guaranteed rainbow at 75k lapis

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If you hoard 75k lapis, then if you are "unlucky", you will end up with 2 x 3 x 5 = 30 new rainbow vs current regular step up that give us 6 guaranteed rainbow at 75k lapis

If you want those rainbows and if they still matter the time when the banner comes (or not).
They are not new units so remember that.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
If you want those rainbows and if they still matter the time when the banner comes (or not).
They are not new units so remember that.

Well, there are still unit like Aerith, Golbez, Edgar.

But, this just to show how "lowly" valued old unit are in FFBE.

And it is sh*tload of TMR and STMR candidate for many people.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
That's a really good idea, deciding on Friday.

You mean Friday 25th, right?

You should decide then.

I was thinking more of this Friday but seeing the latest maintenance datamine mentions SO possibly coming back, I'll most certainly follow your advice.

https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/agv869/gl_maint_quick_peek_11719/

Rena's kit is looking pretty good, though her reraise being AoE and on a cooldown only, with no ST on demand is kinda a downer.

Zarg can always fill that gap though for me personally so it's not that big of a deal.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Today in Gumi:

Gumi: So, I heard that everyone is pulling for Folka tomorrow?

Players: Yup! Been saving for months for her!

Gumi: Hold my beer.

Dataminers picked up a second Star Ocean collab in maintenance, including GLEX 7* Fayt and Rena. GLEX 7* Sophia found as well.

Get ready for more triple rainbow hijinks!