• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Glad it helped you Rixa! I'll keep her up. I also used Sophia for the bonus stages of the story event so I figured she'd be useful to other people too.

There's definitely a lot of waiting around to get the esper mission. I did one by using Machina as a breaker and had him sacrifice himself for the first summon and then just auto'd until I got the second gauge filled up.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I think I over prepared and definitely not going to get that staff...

Just a little bit, lol.

Just ran it cold turkey now, with my half-arsed someday I'll fight Alexander 3* team. Semi not-caring, I tossed in my Kydia because I saw the "Summon 2 Espers" requirement. Luckily found a friend Barbie on the friends list up (a rarity these days).

Ran it with:

Evade WoL (because Alexander, above)
Loren
Folka 6* (wanted to give her some kind of test run)
Lunera
Kydia
Friend Barbie

T1 -> Loren breaks, WoL covers, Folka does her break resist thing, Kydia CDs the esper bar. Lunera sings. Barbie Libras. 15m HP and no weaknesses? Humm..... Hog hits back with Tickle-me-Elmo damage. Okay?

T2 -> Stalling, first esper cast, Kydia spams lesser esper orb summon, Loren/Barbie damage. Not too horrible.

T3 -> Repeat

T4 -> Loren full breaks, Lunera CDs, WoL does tank things, rest damage. Hog is at half, kicks into Super Saiyan mode, full heals self. Humm.... fight might get interesting.

T5 --> Barb + Kydia 2x Tornado chain + Loren wind chain + Lunera 2x AR + Folka Bahamut (for the 2nd esper cast) = OTKO? Derp? What the heck just happened????

Umm.... that was underwhelming, rofl.

Do you want me to load up my Kydia, Rixa?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and loaded her up for anyone that wants easy-mode on that boss mission.

EDIT: Ran that silly MM through the enhancement dungeon for the zillionth time, but still didn't get the rare. But, got as perfect of a roll as it gets, otherwise. Which let me hit this milestone...

6YxNMgm.jpg

Sometimes, it's just the little things that gets you through the day. :)

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Do you want me to load up my Kydia, Rixa?
Folks did say in Discord that I should grab the staff. I was thinking could I do it in 2 turns. 2 Summoners (Yuna & Rem for example), 2 Sophia, 2 tanks (Willy voke, WKN mag def), I might try for it later just for giggles to see if its doable, if not will use one summoner then.

Grats for the 2k :). It feels nice to have a mage that can do 2k.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they fix the game soon. I can't do any of the Vortex story missions without the app crashing and ending the mission. Took 3 or 4 goes to complete the first one to get the summon ticket

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
The extra stages battle was awful, the game crashed on me at the final stage and I lost all missions from the two fights before. Had to do it again, crashed again. Third time was finally the charm. Folka's story event was challenging because of the fights, this one's because of all the bugs...

I wrote to support and they're definitely aware of it, fingers crossed that it's gonna be fixed soon.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
From Reddit this morning, JP announced that they are getting a rerun of Xenogears this week, which should mean for Global.....

Classic Gumi, right after Chow, if true.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't even started the recent story stuff, haven't finished the story event yet and I'm barely doing item world.

The same tedious content over and over has really started to wear me down.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
The same tedious content over and over has really started to wear me down.

I stopped arena, I did 2 chapters of story event and noticed:

This ui is killing my interested almost completely.

Text lag inside combat, loading, loading, more loading, transitions betweend different places inside UI take time, horrible ui that just goes more horrible as time goes by. Only reason Iam burning energy is the current event cause I kinda want the tm's for exchange of nrg using. After that I might just log in and ahem do Vault (if its there).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Xenogears raid, it's Fan Festa re-run.
At least Aurora Fryevia is here with a new unit Myra.

Last edited:

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish I knew how to play

this is karma for relying Solely on Barb/Rinoa tornado chaining instead of learning how to cap/finish

I have a bunch of options now and no idea how to use them

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Xenogears raid, it's Fan Festa re-run.
At least Aurora Fryevia is here with a new unit Myra.

Gumi's really doubling down on the whole "we know what units you are anticipating, so we are going to delay them until they are mediocre at best."

Poor Yuraisha, she really is Ramza 2019 at this point.

And now, we have what appears to be rainbow Soleil coming this week, as a GLEX surprise.

I really wonder if a GLEX version of Summon Fest will arrive by the time Axter/Akstar has his story event to crush the hopes and dreams of those saving UoC tickets for him.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Gumi's really doubling down on the whole "we know what units you are anticipating, so we are going to delay them until they are mediocre at best."

Poor Yuraisha, she really is Ramza 2019 at this point.
*snip*
I really wonder if a GLEX version of Summon Fest will arrive by the time Axter/Akstar has his story event to crush the hopes and dreams of those saving UoC tickets for him.

Two things: I agree I think they are definitely delaying things until they are mediocre, but what makes Yuraisha so much better than, say, 7* Nichol?

What is summon fest?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Two things: I agree I think they are definitely delaying things until they are mediocre, but what makes Yuraisha so much better than, say, 7* Nichol?

What is summon fest?

Yuraisha is the next official "power creep" buffer unit after CG Nichol. See **here**. They share a fair number of similarities in abilities, but Yuraisha does them just a bit better than Nichol, or without most of the drawbacks that some of Nichol's abilities have (some of her stronger abilities self-damage herself to cast to somewhat balance them. A big plus in Yuriasha's direction is that she has on-demand physical, magicial, and general mitigation buffs, which can be dual-casted at only 6*. Huge for survivability. 70% resist buffs to four elements helps too. Just a great all-around support unit.

Depending on how one measures her delay, she's between 2-3 months overdue (and counting) on Global.

---

Summon Fest is a new system that just launched on JP that mimics similar gacha systems in other games of this type. In this type of banner event, there are special units unique to the event that can only be pulled while the event is running. These special units are intentionally meta-tier to encourage pulling. As these units are only available while a Summon Fest is running, they are considered to be limited units, and therefore not pullable with Unit of Choice tickets.

As the system is new, it has only run once so far. It featured 5% rainbow rates, 50% on-banner rates, and a free 10+1 on banner pull. There was a 25k step-up that guaranteed the featured Summon Fest unit. It is assumed that this event will run monthly, like how other games run these types of events.

In terms of power, CG Terra had just arrived to announce the power creep of mages, which many players rejoiced. Then came the first Summon Fest, which featured CG Dark Fina. CG Dark Fina is a clearly superior version of CG Terra by a large margin, who had literally just released.

But now that banner is gone, and no one is sure how CG Dark Fina will be able to pulled in the future. The current operative guess is that she will appear as a possible off-banner rainbow during Summon Fests only.

Bringing that around to a possible implementation on Global, a Summon Fest banner is really nothing more than your average limited unit banner. Therefore, there's no special coding in a patch that Global has to wait for to arrive before launching this type of banner. Gumi has been intentionally avoiding releasing overdue mission updates that yield Unit of Choice tickets for an unknown reason. Some believe that it is to avoid players accumulating enough tickets to claim Akstar when he releases from UoC tickets alone.

Others are fearful that Global could implement the system in the near future. Given that CG Dark Fina's Summon Fest banner was on her story event, a current theory out there is that all future JP story events will be Summon Fest events. If one looks at Global from that same perspective, the next two story units are... Cid and Akstar.

Cid will likely get a pass from the system, as with ability stacking limitations, he will not be anywhere near as powerful as he was on JP (this is already demonstrated regarding Ignacio being weaker on GL than on JP because of this). But... Akstar is prime territory for this system to be implemented, as he is the next well-known next physical damage chase unit. **IF** Akstar is declared to be a GL Summon Fest unit, then no one will be able to use their UoC tickets to pull him and will be forced to spend on the banner, which will ruin the plans of a great many players.

Only time will tell how greedly Gumi will be on Global, regarding Summon Fests.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please get parameter missions now, there is some nice equip/TM I want from them.
Also it's weird Gumi isn't doing the whale week, feel like they gave up on arena (so rip updated arena ticket summon)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Blunt talk: they're not going to implement the Summon Fest system early just to fuck over people who want Axter. They're already almost assuredly going to stick another unit on his banner to poison the pool and that's all they need to do to screw everyone over.

There's just no realistic way that Gumi would be stupid enough to torpedo their own game by making a unit that was permanent in JP limited in Global without something seriously huge to compensate for it.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So brave exvius is introducing Godfests? Great now I can't just pull in PaD or in BE...

Not that I get a lot of GFEs but still...

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Depending how long it will take Axter to land global. It might be good move to wait for uocing it or atleast to concider if one needs him.
I mean we "old" folks here are going to get huge amounts of tickets in around 4-5 months from now and approx 8-10 G5 tix too. Gumi can't water down Anni3 from what it was in JP.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Blunt talk: they're not going to implement the Summon Fest system early just to fuck over people who want Axter. They're already almost assuredly going to stick another unit on his banner to poison the pool and that's all they need to do to screw everyone over.

There's just no realistic way that Gumi would be stupid enough to torpedo their own game by making a unit that was permanent in JP limited in Global without something seriously huge to compensate for it.

While I would agree in concept and I want to say "unlikely to occur", I'm not 100% ready to handwave that away, because Gumi and financials.

A couple of thoughts:

-- It is known that Gumi hates UoC tickets and wanted to find an alternate system for GL, before caving in to public pressure on them. Summon Fest would be that system.

-- It is probable that the financial data says that the 11k story banners are a bad deal for them, especially when the player UoC's the 2nd copy of a unit for "free". If Summon Fests are the new story event banners on JP, then that would mean that the 11k banners are permanently retired there.

-- There are substantial benefits on a Summon Fest Banner. Higher rainbow rates. Higher on-banner rainbow rates. A guaranteed copy of the single featured Summon Fest unit every 25k lapis as a backstop (isn't that the same as the 5 tickets = Xenogears UoC pull?).

Everything on global has been done to maximize finances for Gumi. So, I wouldn't put it past them to be as "stupid" as this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
While I would agree in concept and I want to say "unlikely to occur", I'm not 100% ready to handwave that away, because Gumi and financials.

A couple of thoughts:

-- It is known that Gumi hates UoC tickets and wanted to find an alternate system for GL, before caving in to public pressure on them. Summon Fest would be that system.

-- It is probable that the financial data says that the 11k story banners are a bad deal for them, especially when the player UoC's the 2nd copy of a unit for "free". If Summon Fests are the new story event banners on JP, then that would mean that the 11k banners are permanently retired there.

-- There are substantial benefits on a Summon Fest Banner. Higher rainbow rates. Higher on-banner rainbow rates. A guaranteed copy of the single featured Summon Fest unit every 25k lapis as a backstop (isn't that the same as the 5 tickets = Xenogears UoC pull?).

Everything on global has been done to maximize finances for Gumi. So, I wouldn't put it past them to be as "stupid" as this.

How would Summon Fest be an alternative to UoCs? It's literally inferior in every single possible way.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why I even use 10+1's anymore. They are just LITTER. I guess I got the box space for it now at least, thanks Gumi

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I didn't use my 10+1 just to hold onto it for tomorrow.

My daily 250 got me my first Malphasie. Thankfully I still had a 100% moogle for her from when she was first introduced.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a really hard time deciding who to use my first UoC on. I haven't used any of my UoC tickets yet so I have 27 atm.

Right now my team lacks a 7* magic tank, and a 7* breaker. (For summoning I JUST pulled a 7* PS Rydia thought I much rather would've pulled a 2nd Eiko.)

I have 6* Basch, who I use for tanking and breaking. I have STMR MS Nichol for buffs and STMR WIlhelm for provoke tanking.

Anyway, I have one 6* of Auron, Loren, HT Lid. I want to UoC one of these units, but I really can't decide because they all have different benefits.

My thought process has gone like this so far... Loren and Auron come with imperils whereas Lid does not. But Lid is actually the best ST breaker and I have her 6* LB maxed and her TMR. I would rather have Loren's imperils, but I really like Auron's turn 1 buff+break. But MS Nichol is one of my favorite units and I don't want to bench him! Also I already have 6* Loren's LB maxed and have her TMR. Not so with Auron (yet.) Also Loren has abilities that I would need to awaken and Auron does not (yet).

So if I was forced to choose right now between HT Lid, Loren, and Auron I really don't know who I'd pick. Good thing I don't have to choose right now. I'm just going to wait until I need a dedicated breaker, and then I'll pick the one that serves me best at that time.

But if anyone has any input that I haven't yet thought of I'd love to hear it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
With the game basically broken until they fix it I have been doing the bare minimum. Can't do the Vortex story missions as the game keeps crashing and makes me restart.

I am trying to replace my black mage. It is currently sea breeze dark fine who looks out of place in my party. I recently got a normal Dark Fine which I am waiting to use until I gather enough resources to power up Ultima. I could make Dark Fine a 7* unit using UoC ticket or use 2 UoC tickets and get a 7* Trance Terra. Decisions Decisions

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a really hard time deciding who to use my first UoC on. I haven't used any of my UoC tickets yet so I have 27 atm.

Right now my team lacks a 7* magic tank, and a 7* breaker. (For summoning I JUST pulled a 7* PS Rydia thought I much rather would've pulled a 2nd Eiko.)

I have 6* Basch, who I use for tanking and breaking. I have STMR MS Nichol for buffs and STMR WIlhelm for provoke tanking.

Anyway, I have one 6* of Auron, Loren, HT Lid. I want to UoC one of these units, but I really can't decide because they all have different benefits.

My thought process has gone like this so far... Loren and Auron come with imperils whereas Lid does not. But Lid is actually the best ST breaker and I have her 6* LB maxed and her TMR. I would rather have Loren's imperils, but I really like Auron's turn 1 buff+break. But MS Nichol is one of my favorite units and I don't want to bench him! Also I already have 6* Loren's LB maxed and have her TMR. Not so with Auron (yet.) Also Loren has abilities that I would need to awaken and Auron does not (yet).

So if I was forced to choose right now between HT Lid, Loren, and Auron I really don't know who I'd pick. Good thing I don't have to choose right now. I'm just going to wait until I need a dedicated breaker, and then I'll pick the one that serves me best at that time.

But if anyone has any input that I haven't yet thought of I'd love to hear it.
Loren's enhancements are pretty trash, Auron beats her in just about every category. Lid isn't all that much different at 7*, just some nicer numbers and dual cast her ST breaks. I'd definitely UoC Auron over the other two, and plan to do the same whenever we get a boss that actually needs a good breaker since I only got one on banner.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Loren's enhancements are pretty trash, Auron beats her in just about every category. Lid isn't all that much different at 7*, just some nicer numbers and dual cast her ST breaks. I'd definitely UoC Auron over the other two, and plan to do the same whenever we get a boss that actually needs a good breaker since I only got one on banner.
Thanks for your input. I will most likely do the same when the time comes.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
With the game basically broken until they fix it I have been doing the bare minimum. Can't do the Vortex story missions as the game keeps crashing and makes me restart.

I am trying to replace my black mage. It is currently sea breeze dark fine who looks out of place in my party. I recently got a normal Dark Fine which I am waiting to use until I gather enough resources to power up Ultima. I could make Dark Fine a 7* unit using UoC ticket or use 2 UoC tickets and get a 7* Trance Terra. Decisions Decisions
Yeah, I just completed the second mission "City of Soldiers" in Ignacio's story quest and after watching the final cutscene I get an message saying "This has already ended" and the game closes. When I try to resume the quest the same thing happens. Final cutscene plays, message, crash. Guess Im gonna have to abandon this mission and re-do it once they fix it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Don't worry about spending your UoC to get a mage. Dark Fina is 100% not worth using a UoC to get, and you definitely don't want to spend two UoCs to get Terra.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
How would Summon Fest be an alternative to UoCs? It's literally inferior in every single possible way.

The whole point of Summon Fest, under all the shininess and glitter, is to render UoCs useless for future meta units by converting currently existing Story Events into monthly "limited" Summon Fest banners. Having UoCs downgraded to second-tier (or worse) units only is going to be a giant kick in the nuts to everyone. It's going to happen sooner or later because of all the braggarts on Facebook and Reddit bragging on how they are "accumulating [UoCs] for Akstar" or whatever alliteration meme they want to spin that week. Those people are begging Gumi to implement this sooner rather than later om GL.

But then, Gumi will make itself look "good" to the masses by increasing the rate of natural/free UoCs into the game, knowing perfectly well that they can't be used for the units players *really* want. It's the same situation as all the free EX and multipull tickets. The boards heap praise for all the "generosity" given with the multipull and now 5* EX tickets. Are they really worth anything? Not really. To get a specific 5* unit a player wants with an 5* EX ticket is what.... a 1 in 90 chance now and getting worse by the week.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Don't worry about spending your UoC to get a mage. Dark Fina is 100% not worth using a UoC to get, and you definitely don't want to spend two UoCs to get Terra.

Seconding what PlanetSmasher said. Hard no to DFina, and TT is getting to be too old at this point as well and is dependent on a friend TT to work. Save your UoCs.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The whole point of Summon Fest, under all the shininess and glitter, is to render UoCs useless for future meta units by converting currently existing Story Events into monthly "limited" Summon Fest banners. Having UoCs downgraded to second-tier (or worse) units only is going to be a giant kick in the nuts to everyone. It's going to happen sooner or later because of all the braggarts on Facebook and Reddit bragging on how they are "accumulating [UoCs] for Akstar" or whatever alliteration meme they want to spin that week. Those people are begging Gumi to implement this sooner rather than later om GL.

But then, Gumi will make itself look "good" to the masses by increasing the rate of natural/free UoCs into the game, knowing perfectly well that they can't be used for the units players *really* want. It's the same situation as all the free EX and multipull tickets. The boards heap praise for all the "generosity" given with the multipull and now 5* EX tickets. Are they really worth anything? Not really. To get a specific 5* unit a player wants with an 5* EX ticket is what.... a 1 in 90 chance now and getting worse by the week.

And when they start doing Summon Fests, the game will die, and it will deserve it. Simple as that. This game doesn't work if every major unit is limited. The fact pulling one copy of a unit is functionally worthless renders the entire system completely broken, and they deserve every single lost cent that happens if they think they can force a change like that.

Either they need to drop the "you need to pull a dupe to make a 7*" restriction, or Summon Fests need to not happen. Fuck them.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
And when they start doing Summon Fests, the game will die, and it will deserve it. Simple as that. This game doesn't work if every major unit is limited. The fact pulling one copy of a unit is functionally worthless renders the entire system completely broken, and they deserve every single lost cent that happens if they think they can force a change like that.

Either they need to drop the "you need to pull a dupe to make a 7*" restriction, or Summon Fests need to not happen. Fuck them.

I don't disagree.

The game needed to launch with Summon Fests, if it was going use such a system and not suddenly change over to it 2-3 years into the game's life.

For the hardcore, it's going to definitely be a breaking point for a lot of them. For casuals, they might be more tolerant. Especially if Gumi advertises that UoCs can still be used on series banners, so Aerith, the 47th reskin of Cloud or Sephiroth, and so on, are still valid targets for UoC tickets. Whales won't care, as usual, and Gumi probably doesn't care about the percentage of the population that is hardcore that are not whales. Casuals are a lot easier to convince to open their wallets than the hardcore.

Still, I have to wonder if back in the day during the GL UoC debacle, if Gumi was ready to launch a system like Summon Fest but backed off out of fear for losing most of the GL population. One has to wonder what's going to be "different" this time around? We'll probably never know outside of another Gumi hack and leak.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree.

The game needed to launch with Summon Fests, if it was going use such a system and not suddenly change over to it 2-3 years into the game's life.

For the hardcore, it's going to definitely be a breaking point for a lot of them. For casuals, they might be more tolerant. Especially if Gumi advertises that UoCs can still be used on series banners, so Aerith, the 47th reskin of Cloud or Sephiroth, and so on, are still valid targets for UoC tickets. Whales won't care, as usual, and Gumi probably doesn't care about the percentage of the population that is hardcore that are not whales. Casuals are a lot easier to convince to open their wallets than the hardcore.

Still, I have to wonder if back in the day during the GL UoC debacle, if Gumi was ready to launch a system like Summon Fest but backed off out of fear for losing most of the GL population. One has to wonder what's going to be "different" this time around? We'll probably never know outside of another Gumi hack and leak.

Summon Fests are so bad for the community and for players I have to imagine they weren't intended for global at all until Alim decided to do it. Like, they're not an alternative to UoCs. They're the exact opposite of an alternative, since they basically mean getting the units you want is functionally impossible unless you whale.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So brave exvius is introducing Godfests? Great now I can't just pull in PaD or in BE...

Not that I get a lot of GFEs but still...

How do you not get GFEs in PAD during a Super Godfest these days when the game is literally raining magic stones everywhere and the devs are giving out massive sums of them as login rewards per month? If you're chasing the latest and greatest ones with a 0.5% or less pull rate, then I can see that happening, but otherwise the base rainbow rate is like 30% or higher during those events.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017

Dark Fina is a sidegrade to Seabreeze Fina in every sense and a complete waste of UoC. TT blows things up turn 1 but falls off pretty heavily after that. There aren't many good mages in the game yet. They're coming though, and every single one of them will far surpass anything we currently have in the permanent unit pool. Just hold on to them for now.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Seeing how good friend Ang

I decide to use all my last reserve to pull for CNY Banner.

It was unluckiest, luckiest pull ever.

I got 3 rainbow in 11 pull with 3 of them in 4 pull actually.

But of course it was 2 Yun (1st and 2nd) and 1 Chow (3rd).

I don't need Yun and i will probably never going to have pulled 4th Chow and i will be happy with just 1 Ang. sigh

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
How do you not get GFEs in PAD during a Super Godfest these days when the game is literally raining magic stones everywhere and the devs are giving out massive sums of them as login rewards per month? If you're chasing the latest and greatest ones with a 0.5% or less pull rate, then I can see that happening, but otherwise the base rainbow rate is like 30% or higher during those events.
I went 1/10 on the last super godfest for GFEs. Just terrible, if I didn't already have Barbara and Julie I probably wouldn't still be playing.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Grabbed the trial staff. This time it took 5 turns, annoyingly turn 4 boss was magic resist and 2x Sophia did 0 damage so Yunas evocation damage skill went by solo.
2x Sophia triple casting Efreet obliterated boss, didnt need any other boosts from 95% hp to 0%.

Screenshot_20190222-091137.png
Screenshot_20190222-091214.png

Thursdays freebie 10+1 ticket was nice to me. After 2 years 2 months I finally have 7* Ace. Good thing is that last month I got Ace TM done just by using Ace :).

Screenshot_20190221-125335.png

3rd DFina, so one to go for that nice stmr. Letsee what free banner multi brings today. ->> Edit: Nothing 10+1 was 1G 10R, 5+1 was 2G+4R.

Last edited:

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
Free 10+1 got me a dupe Marie. and yesterday's 10+1 ticket got me dupes Knight Delita and Prompto. 5+1 got me garbage, as expected.