• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Reasons to pull S2 characters :

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I realised too late, it was the last action of my turn and the enemy was already attacking.

So I waited for my energy to refill and tried again, got over halfway through and the stupid fucking Cassowary enemy petrified Cloud and Warrior of Light, I then realized I was out of golden needles, And Tilith can not cure petrify, leaving me with a shit B team that wouldn't be able to beat the final boss, or clear the conditions.
Eurghhhhhh

This is why you pair her with Lakshmi (having put points into Stona).

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7* Ayaka is the worst in arena. The woooooorst. She's practically unkillable and all you need to do to achieve that give her a ribbon, a safety bit and her own trust mastery. Then she has like 7* Wilhelm amounts of health, is vulnerable only to charm and still has enough spr and mp to fully heal and / or raise her entire party every turn.

You wanna troll people in arena? You bring 7* Ayaka.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
7* Ayaka is the worst in arena. The woooooorst. She's practically unkillable and all you need to do to achieve that give her a ribbon, a safety bit and her own trust mastery. Then she has like 7* Wilhelm amounts of health, is vulnerable only to charm and still has enough spr and mp to fully heal and / or raise her entire party every turn.

You wanna troll people in arena? You bring 7* Ayaka.
Sounds like fun, she's already a beast in arena, this should just make it more interesting (does Odin work even if safety bit is on?)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next 10 man trial reward is a Mace, I can safely wait White Lotus Fina or off-banner Ayaka before attempting it.

Oct 27, 2017
so next banner is FF12, and Basch is getting exclusive global upgrades ................ dammit, hope i get Basch without taking a big hit on my lapis reserves, only have 130,000

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
so next banner is FF12, and Basch is getting exclusive global upgrades ................ dammit, hope i get Basch without taking a big hit on my lapis reserves, only have 130,000

Leading Man is getting buffed up, not Basch

"The global version of Balthier is actually going to get a special buff on him, that will enable him to get access to his more powerful locked ability a lot more easier, and a bit more buffs here and there, but I'll let you find out on your own."

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
so from what I'm seeing Basch is a tank, and Balthier is a pretty legit finisher? How do they compare to current units in global?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really want Basch since I hear he is basically WoL and Mystea rolled into one (And a cool character with a great sprite to boot) but I don't think I'll be doing more than dailies on the banner.

The risk of getting Balthier is too great, as much as I love the character I already have Cloud as my finisher who Is pretty future proof for me since I already have 2 extra copies of him for when 7* come out.

Basch will be in the pool after the banner so I'll probably just hope that I get him off-banner at some point

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I though they would replace Basch since he's pretty broken (the famous too strong for Global like Balthier had), but this is much better.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering...do we have drop data for the Story Events now ? I need to farm T3 Tech Crystals but dont know what stamina stage would yield the best results.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
FFXII banner?

Must be coinciding with the PC release of Zodiac Age.

Any awakenings for Penelo, Fran and
Anastasis
?

lol

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow didn't see that coming. Guess it'll be time sooner than I thought to decide if Basch is worth chasing when I already have Wilhelm and Mystea.

Personally I'd rather have Gabranth than Balthier, wonder when he'll show up. Really didn't think he'd be the one to get delayed.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So FF12 is next banner, do we know what type of event it is? exploration maybe? I know Basch is supposed to be strong, but I never got far in FF12 and WoL is still getting the job done for me; so I'll pass for now.

Current pull plan depending on tentative schedule is Yuna->Sephiroth for me. With a goal of having enough 25k for Sephiroth and his step-up banner.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FF XII part 2 is a Mog King event.

alright, I guess that pushes FF9 and FFX part 2 even further into the future.

I've been farming stages 5/6(55/65 energy stages) for t3 and below depending on the type I want. I feel like that strikes a solid balance at energy per cryst, but I don't really have any data on it. I imagine if there's info for past story events it should be about the same for all of them right?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we're going to get 40 NRG Mog King stage ASAP, sometime I just want to be done with the grind quickly.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
alright, I guess that pushes FF9 and FFX part 2 even further into the future.

I've been farming stages 5/6(55/65 energy stages) for t3 and below depending on the type I want. I feel like that strikes a solid balance at energy per cryst, but I don't really have any data on it. I imagine if there's info for past story events it should be about the same for all of them right?

Here
and
here
are the best data we have at the moment.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we're going to get 40 NRG Mog King stage ASAP, sometime I just want to be done with the grind quickly.

As I recall, FFXII had a pretty difficult 40 en stage. If Gumi includes it, an awful lot of players are gonna find themselves unable to run it with enough bonus units to be worth it. I think I just about managed to solo it with a 1000 mag Sakura and I still needed a couple Drace to set up a ghetto chain for her to cap.

Talk about throwing people into the deep end.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
As I recall, FFXII had a pretty difficult 40 en stage. If Gumi includes it, an awful lot of players are gonna find themselves unable to run it with enough bonus units to be worth it. I think I just about managed to solo it with a 1000 mag Sakura and I still needed a couple Drace to set up a ghetto chain for her to cap.

Talk about throwing people into the deep end.
Ahah, we're going to get another Global Ifrit raid situation then.

EDIT : I went and found my old pics back on GAF and man I still remember how intense that fight was.
Did it twice on PC and then iPad.

ntulya8ljkr9a.jpg
f4kusicln0oiq.jpg

My epic last turns where everyone is in danger, RIP Refia.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Ifrit fight was bad but for me titan was worse. I just could never do it right consistently.

As far as Mog king events go tactics monastery event (the one with the exploration and dungeon events, except the exploration wouldn't give currency so it was worthless to run). That final level was SOoooooooOooo hard. I remember running stupid multiple kefka teams to chain blizzaga with exdeath just to cheese it. Except my cheese wouldn't work 2/5 times and the last level would wipe me.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Titan was really hard too, but it was a separate trial from the raid, meanwhile Ifrit was the ELT difficulty of it.
Thank god raids are easy nowadays.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Ifrit fight was bad but for me titan was worse. I just could never do it right consistently.

As far as Mog king events go tactics monastery event (the one with the exploration and dungeon events, except the exploration wouldn't give currency so it was worthless to run). That final level was SOoooooooOooo hard. I remember running stupid multiple kefka teams to chain blizzaga with exdeath just to cheese it. Except my cheese wouldn't work 2/5 times and the last level would wipe me.

I remember doing the Tactics event way way back when the only remotely good unit I had was Lightning. I had no good armor or weapons, and relied on one specific friend unit to clear it. And even then I had to use lapis to revive at least once on the last fight.

God I wasted so much lapis doing that.

EDIT:

I'm contemplating pulling on this banner at least a little. Mostly I'm saving for Sephiroth because I am a huge nerd who is more interested in how much I enjoy a unit over how good they are. I'm struggling to clear content that is fairly old however, and I think this is directly attributed to this fact.

I have WoL as my tank. He's got a few enhancements but nothing is maxed yet. I have Mystea but she's not well geared enough for most fights and ends up covering people and dying immediately. Would Basch be an upgrade worth investing in?

Cloud is set as my finisher. Right now I'm chaining with 2 2Bs and setting Cloud up to finish. I don't think I'd get very far with Balthier vs Cloud considering how limited Balthier's weapon selection is.

I run:

2B x 2 ~900 and 700 attack respectively.
Ayaka
WoL
Cloud
and Roy, 9S, Mystea as a sort of rotating support/tank filler.

I feel like I'm significantly behind the power curve despite having several 6* units. It's pretty frustrating.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Used 3 summon tickets and finally got Barusa and used his specific trust moogles on him, then equipped his TM on WoL :D

Gonna hold on to Ray Jack's trust moogles until the end of the event just in case I pull him in a daily

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't believe that mechanically, there has been an event that was as "unfair" as the Ifrit raid. And there may ever will be again, either.

That event came early to Global, with being designed around a mechanic that wasn't available on the server yet (AoE Physical tanking) **and** was buffed with an extra special Global-Exclusive 50% break resist to enhance the fun. I remember nearly pulling my hair out over that raid, because you needed to bring a backup breaker for Turn 1 as it was a guaranteed instant wipe if Ifrit wasn't ATK broken at all times, let alone not knowing when a break landed on him or when any of the breaks were expiring that turn.

Catching up on things,

Gumi trolled me hard pulling for Kaliva. Final Score: 0 Ray Jacks, 0 Kaliva, 5 Balusa. Bleh.

FF12 mog king being advanced to the front of the line from 4 mog kings down the road is surprising (FF9, FF10, SoM-2 all came before this mog king), with FF9 now being at least a full month overdue now. 6* Summoner meta OP, per Gumi, and needs to be delayed???

With the pre-announcement of Olive's enhancements, it is a virtual guarantee that "buffed" Balthier with be more powerful then enhanced Olive. Just like the trend of practically every enhancement to date on global. The fresh shiny unit will always be more powerful than the enhanced older unit that's been in the draw pool for a long time.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
FF12 mog king being advanced to the front of the line from 4 mog kings down the road is surprising (FF9, FF10, SoM-2 all came before this mog king), with FF9 now being at least a full month overdue now. 6* Summoner meta OP, per Gumi, and needs to be delayed???

With the pre-announcement of Olive's enhancements, it is a virtual guarantee that "buffed" Balthier with be more powerful then enhanced Olive. Just like the trend of practically every enhancement to date on global. The fresh shiny unit will always be more powerful than the enhanced older unit that's been in the draw pool for a long time.
The FFXII event does link up with what was present in the leaks from September/October, moved up it may be but it looks like they planned this back at least that far.

Olive enhancements are a mixed bag. Since it's global exclusive there is a good chance there may be an "unintended" effect that her enhancements have on the meta. I don't think A2 was ever meant to be better than 2B when they debuted in global but she was. I do agree with you though, global is planning on Balthier being better. Whether he is or not is up in the air.

We should all be shooting for Basch anyways...

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
After finishing Story Event on Sunday (last story took 2 tries). I haven't used much of nrg, only done dailies / arena / expedition / 5 raid orbs / and well they didn't consume nrg :D.

Don't want & need to grind anything in TM. I guess this week goes by this way til KM event hits.
They should add permanent Turtles / Dunes / Cites / dungeons and make a new higher nrg consuming level to Crysts.

Game is kinda slow motion now. Some bad banners, event that I did with normal nrg in 3 days, nothing to consume nrg in fast way.

Iam burning every tix I get asap and obviously getting shitty units down the line. I managed to get Barusa & Kaliwa (or whatever that mage tm name is) with final daily.

But Iam saving Lapis (not doing dailies anymore after I got Kaliwalialalalalw) for Computer GraphiX Sakura. Kinda curious to see my Lapis stash when Graphixbitch Sakura hits, now ~6900 Lapis saved.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So having skipped pulling on these two banners, I'm back up to 15k Lapis and approx 20 tickets. Mog King will be nice for a bunch of tickets to restock with too.

Am I right in believing eventually some of the raids enable pulling tickets too? Albeit at ridiculously low rates, or is that something I've misremembered.

Oct 27, 2017
After finishing Story Event on Sunday (last story took 2 tries). I haven't used much of nrg, only done dailies / arena / expedition / 5 raid orbs / and well they didn't consume nrg :D.

Don't want & need to grind anything in TM. I guess this week goes by this way til KM event hits.
They should add permanent Turtles / Dunes / Cites / dungeons and make a new higher nrg consuming level to Crysts.

Game is kinda slow motion now. Some bad banners, event that I did with normal nrg in 3 days, nothing to consume nrg in fast way.

Iam burning every tix I get asap and obviously getting shitty units down the line. I managed to get Barusa & Kaliwa (or whatever that mage tm name is) with final daily.

But Iam saving Lapis (not doing dailies anymore after I got Kaliwalialalalalw) for Computer GraphiX Sakura. Kinda curious to see my Lapis stash when Graphixbitch Sakura hits, now ~6900 Lapis saved.

I am playing catch up with my back log of TMs. I am in dire need of crysts so this story event has been a blessing.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the story event today, I really liked this one. Although I missed the esper kill, it was inserted into a GrimLord chain but I guess the boss died before the esper hit or something; I'll just whittle him down later.

Man, I hope Ramza's enhancements come this week; preferably with some sort of global buff. They really haven't had a reason to delay them so long especially with Soleil and her 120% buffs.