• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you care about Joyful Spirit?

Its only HP+10% and 50% reduction to some ailments...

Ramza has an inbuild 50% resistance to all status ailments.

Wilhelm also has 50% innate status ailments as well. It's why I made 2 (in case I ever get a ramza).

Beat sheratan today! That's all trials beaten (though not all missions). Non-5* MVP was mystea (w/100% dark resist). Total team:
Agrias, mystea, Wilhelm, ayaka, orlandu, A2, OK, FV, Ace and Soleil. Every single person played a key role! Took 15 turns in total, and I even had time to do dark and earth damage!

Soliel ran a three turn rotation def/atk break dance->def&spr/mag break dance -> ark&mag/def break.
Agrias enhances full broke first turn (to help Adjust for Soleil getting up) then every third turn divine ruination with orlandu.
Wilhelm was impregnable except on the turn I swapped phases that was his LB. (joyful spirit required)
Mystea was tritelia Wall, occasional LB and that spr buff/damage reducer

Ayaka reraised, and curaja. A couple of full-life casts in there.
OK and A2 were really there to just push the phase over from 1->2. Mystea ended up tanking that like a boss so no one died.
FV only attacked twice caping my 27 chains first I didn't cap well. The second I capped VERY well. This killed sheratan and then the fruits went crazy.

First one stoned agrias, and killed FV, And soliel. Swapped them out for OK and Ayaka, ayaka dealt with stone agrias and orlandu dealt with the attacking fruit and ok and mystea did the dark/earth mission (mystea used diabolos).

After that it was recovering enough mp to cast divine ruination twice more to kill the last fruit. (First fruit was still light imperiled so it died immediately).

So happy with it I bought a scratch off lotto ticket and won $20!
Killed him 334 times and ranked 1993.
Love/hate raids.
262 for me and I'm just under 20k

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I need some Tidus enhancements, I still haven't used this guy. No wait reset bird I think i used him......might have replaced him......

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I'm glad that the amount of points needed for the limited crafting material required for the event limited item is low. What I don't like is whoever decided to crank it up with the near Nier event. I was nearly to 1,900,000 pts for the black box, this was the farthest I've ever gotten for an event. Then the event ended and booted me to the menu. I'm still pissed I didn't get my cruel oath to this day.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I had to use 100 Lapis, counted if I don't use 100 Lapis I will be 3 runs short for King Burst Pot, kinda wanted that :p.
Oh well it guarantees that Iam at top 50k

I will get one orb more before event is gone, at the moment my situation:

Points - 3769515
Ranking - 46687

So ~48k BE players grabbed all the raid rewards, that is quite a lot.

I have 359k raid coins, I have used ~100k coins sofar

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Decided to do a single multipull in the hopes of getting Basch, but mostly for getting some bonus units as I plan on farming this event.

Didn't get Basch or Balthier but I finally got the unit that had eluded me despite pulling hard for him every time he appears: Noctis!
dLzA7WI.png
Guess I'd better get farming his TM at some point!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Used 10 tickets:
5*
Fohlen
Olive (2nd)
4*
Goken
Drace
3*
Larsa x2
other mostly trash units.

Got excited when I saw rainbows. Got a future 7* at least. Set Drace as by friend unit if anyone wants: 942,634,327. Should have her geared/leveled later today...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
10k lapis and a bunch of tickets down and not a single rainbow. Endless tsunamis of garbage. I think I might be done with the game until Sephiroth hits at this rate. I have absolutely nothing to do anymore and this event has no useful rewards.

Fuck, Gumi. You really suck lately.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, the very final 4*+ ticket from the event shop turned into a rainbow and got me Balthier. Easily the silver medal of the two 5*s in the current banner, but at least it's not another off-banner dupe. Would've preferred getting him before I burned through all the tickets, but a consolation prize is a consolation prize.

Y'all can use him if you want, I cactuar'd him to level 100 and set him as my friend unit. Now I sleep.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, the very final 4*+ ticket from the event shop turned into a rainbow and got me Balthier. Easily the silver medal of the two 5*s in the current banner, but at least it's not another off-banner dupe. Would've preferred getting him before I burned through all the tickets, but a consolation prize is a consolation prize.

Y'all can use him if you want, I cactuar'd him to level 100 and set him as my friend unit. Now I sleep.
Yay congrats, you got the leading man!

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
from 130,000 to 45045 lapis, got Onion knight x2 (new), D.Fina (dupe,) Prishe (new), Barbaricia (new), Loren (new), and Basch

These are some really really nice Pulls :D

So...only 1 3* Ticket is left on the KM Shop.

15 3* tickets
03 4* tickets
01 daily
01 multi

Gave me

0 Rainbows
7 Golds
(3* Drace, 1* Vayne, 1* Seven, 1* Vanille and 1 Rikku)
23 blues (3* Larsa)

There is clearly something wrong here.....also wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did 8 pulls on the Ray Jack Shit Banner and got two Jack Shits while i didn't got a single 4*.

Now i did 30 pulls, no Rainbow but 4 onbanner Golds.

Fucking limited time Units, they bite me every single time!!!!

No iNichol, no Santa Roselia (even though i did like 200 pulls while she was live), No Gandalf or dragon, no Ling, only one 9s....and lets not forget that i got Randi but not the frigging 3* on the SoM banner.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like spending my 50k on FF12 but I'm just gonna spend a daily until the last day and see how it goes. I love FF12 and Basch seems too good to pass up.

But the VP dream is still alive and I'm gonna need every resource for this one.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I set Drace as my friend unit and equipped her with all my mage stuff but she's still low level as I have no cactuars.

Legend difficulty doesn't feel worth it to me, too much effort for the amount of farming you have to do, and it's really hard to do that with bonus units which you will want to do if you want any reasonable amount of currency.

My Cloud can one shot everything in the difficulty below so I can take as many bonus units as I want on that one

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the two 4* tickets:

First One:
Elfreeda

Second One:
Hope

Man i hate this....2 regular tickets and Daily were also trash.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I set Drace as my friend unit and equipped her with all my mage stuff but she's still low level as I have no cactuars.

Legend difficulty doesn't feel worth it to me, too much effort for the amount of farming you have to do, and it's really hard to do that with bonus units which you will want to do if you want any reasonable amount of currency.

My Cloud can one shot everything in the difficulty below so I can take as many bonus units as I want on that one

Eh, that's how it'll be for most players. I needed a pretty stacked Sakura and two pods on bonus units to clear 40 en with five bonus units. It didn't really help that neither Basch nor Gabranth were especially good at killing stuff.

Might be easier for folks with Balthier to clear 40 en with six bonus units.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Bought the two 4* tickets:

First One:
Elfreeda

Second One:
Hope

Man i hate this....2 regular tickets and Daily were also trash.

Yeah, you got rainbow but I know the feeling.

Daily Shantotto :p
8 Normal tix spend = Not a single banner unit (1 Anal Zem, 1 Shantotto and more trash)
2x 4* tix spend = Sozhe & Rasler -> Not a banner units

5000 pull (cause I don't like saving if its ok banner):
3 Larsa & 1 Drace (no rainbows).

As I said it earlier multiple times and will say it in the future. 4* Tickets for me are like 0% chance of Rainbow, way over 40 e* / ex 4* used and 0 Rainbows.
Also ticket banner rate is trash.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I wonder if

2x Vayne equipped with Pod
1x Vayne for +45% ATK
Basch for breaks
Any other high ATK unit, preferably Onion or Tidus
Friend Unit

Is enough to damage LGD so it was just be repeated.

275% Bonus currently nets me 2569 Uratan Flowers. Anyone else with numbers?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
wondering what TMR i should get between Basch's and Loren's, already have regular dual wield and Wilhelm's shield so i guess i'm trying to figure out if the extra attack from Loren's materia or the evasion from Bash's shield is better, wish i had another 100% moogle

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I can do lgd with 225% or elt with 375% (A2 can solo elt, but needs to chain for lgd).

I wonder what the differences in drops are...

No rainbows, 2 Vayne, 1 Drace, three off banner yellows and 1 Larsa out of the daily, 1 5k, 2 4* tickets, and 7 3* tickets.

Not terrible, it's enough tha I can justify not spending more lapis, but I'll still end up blowing the last 4* and probably the rest of the 3* tickets

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
TL;DR they are about equally energy efficient for base currency drop rates, it's all about the bonus monsters.

A lot of people were wondering about the currency drop rates of ELT vs the new LGD when the news announced it. After running a few of each difficulty level, I did some quick math to see if LGD is significantly more efficient. It is not.

ELT is 420+ currency for 25 energy, or 16.8+ currency per energy.

LGD is 680+ currency for 40 energy, or 17+ currency per energy.

Apparently LGD is supposed to have higher rates of bonus monsters, so that's the real draw. Draining your energy in fewer runs is also nice. The moral of the story is if you struggle to complete LGD but are fine killing ELT, then stick to ELT and you aren't missing that much.
By reddit User Jorrick89

Personally i did around 13 lgd runs so far and i saw bonus enemy twice. One wave of 3 and one single bonus enemy. Rixa had a 7 wave round.

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
Did 50 pulls all together on the banner, which included all of the event tickets, a couple random tickets I had lying around, and 3 multi-pulls.

The good news (sorta): I got three of each of the golds on the banner.
The meh news: I got Reberta as my only rainbow. Which is new to me... but completely useless to me as well.
The bad news: Pretty much everything else in the pulls.

Looks like Gumi turned off my "Year of Ivan" switch. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Off banner rainbows. Boo.

Another Gladio for my bench.

Dr. No

Yoshi
Oct 25, 2017
Did over 400 pulls, 4 Balthiers but zero Basch.

I took some screenshots of the pulls I got from Amazon.
Album:
https://imgur.com/a/R1His

I did several pulls on iOS so those aren't pictured, including some on EX tickets, and I think I forgot to screenshot some Android pulls as well. I pulled 3 Maries, Rem, and 1 Queen those. I think it might actually be closer to 450+ pulls

Banner rainbows:
Marie, Balthier, Elfreeda, Duke, Fryevia, Roy, Zarg, Lighting, Veritas of Flames, Dark Fina, Knight Delita, Balthier, Balthier, Balthier, Dark Knight Cecil

Deleted member 19954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Album:

I did several pulls on iOS so those aren't pictured, including some on EX tickets, and I think I forgot to screenshot some Android pulls as well. I pulled 3 Maries, Rem, and 1 Queen those. I think it might actually be closer to 450+ pulls

Banner rainbows:
Marie, Balthier, Elfreeda, Duke, Fryevia, Roy, Zarg, Lighting, Veritas of Flames, Dark Fina, Knight Delita, Balthier, Balthier, Balthier, Dark Knight Cecil
Trade with Dyer...
5 Basch before 1 Balthier appear.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
The real shame of this banner is no 5 or 6* Fran.

We finally have Balthier, but his partner is languishing back in may-as-well-be-a-Friend-Point-Unit territory.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since it's a mog king I burned 10 3* tickets and a 4*; got a Larsa and Vayne. That'll do, I guess I should be able to do legend like that.

That's rough Yoshi , I'm sure you'll get him off-banner sometime.

Congrats to those who got Balthier or Basch!

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Not sure I need Basch or Balthier and my daily and one ticket got me Larsa and Vayne for a 125% bonus.

I may stop here, which is nice because I can save Lapis and and hoard all the tickets from this event.

Luck still going it seems.

Maybe the Year of Ivan became the Year of Euphoria? With that I likely jinxed myself.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well throw some tickets at this. Wish me luck!

edit: lol, 2nd ex ticket is the new pyro lasswell. Aint nobody got time for that.

edit 2: blue-gold-rainbow basch. Would have preferred balthier, but not bad. Is he a straight upgrade from Warrior of Light or situational?

Last edited:

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Might as well throw some tickets at this. Wish me luck!

edit: lol, 2nd ex ticket is the new pyro lasswell. Aint nobody got time for that.

edit 2: blue-gold-rainbow basch. Would have preferred balthier, but not bad. Is he a straight upgrade from Warrior of Light or situational?

Basch is straight up replacement for both WoL and Mystea.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Daily: Veritas of the Dark

First 11 pull: Basch & Tidus

Second 11 pull cause I was feeling myself: Jiraiya

No complaints here.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
My third ticket: Rainbow! What could it be?!

A third Duke. Goddamn it. Getting a second one was cool due to being able to 7 star him, but a third? How pointless :(

Edit: though I suppose I get a 50% trust moogle for fusing him into his 7* form, not completely useless I guess

Nov 6, 2017
Seems like a polarizing luck-distribution around here. Congrats / Reassuring pats on the back as required to everyone. My streak of luck has been crazy, outside of missing Kaliva. I pulled an off-banner Elfreeda (my second) and Rayjack in about ten pulls, but got no banner yellows whatsoever. Then, I set a budget of 10 tickets and a 10+1 for FFXII and managed a Basch. Phew! I put him up, presuming it's the best way to help everyone in LGD to use his breaks/covers and your DPS

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Album:

Banner rainbows:
Holy shit, instant Balthier Super TM I guess?
Now I'm scared for my Lotus Fina pulls.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
further pulls. A second drace, a second vayne. and an off banner Greg (3rd Genji Glove here)

So 1/2 way to his STMR whenever that happens... nothing else of note and 3 more 3* tickets in the shop.

That LGD level is amazing when you get the bonus creatures to show up.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I did. I really wanted Basch's tank capabilities, though. Finishers aren't really that exciting when I already have a full-power soon-to-be 7* Cloud...
I feel you and I'd probably feel the same since I'm in the same boat, but Cloud is not a very versatile unit, and Balthier has some useful Imperils, so depending on the content having both could be really useful. Cloud for more basic slashy stuff and Balthier for exploiting element.

I hope you get Basch eventually!