• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Took down Scorn of the Marching Beasts today. Loren is REALLY showing her power; the LB fill rate boost from her cooldown is insanely powerful, and in one case two Hyoh's both had their limit bursts back enabled...on the SAME TURN THEY USED THEIR LIMIT BURSTS. It also made things like CG Nichol's LB consistently attainable, which was important to get rid of the stat debuffs against Europa.

Really annoying trial because messing with your team required 15 minutes of churning through the first eight waves just to see if it worked, but it's down now.

Calcabrina up next!

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Im so behind on trials its ridiculous.

10+1 got me my first PG Lasswell though.

Im definitely pulling for a 4th Fryevia when we get that step up. I now have at least one of every unit on that banner.

Edit- Jesus... Free daily summon came down rainbow - Seaside Nichol. I already have 3 MS Nichol. :|

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
It just me or are the farmables in this event worthless? Getting the dress cause it's a 1-of, and i guess just in case I need some null petrify clothes? Probably the dark resist shield just cause it's the only light shield with it... Otherwise skipping everything. I can't imagine anybody that can clear LGD dungeons would need stuff like +20% ATK with katana materia... Do I just need to check my veteran privilege or what?

edit: never mind, I need to learn to check Reddit before whining here, this is being covered already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
3 free rainbows in 3 days, 2 days ago was Kurasam, yesterday Machina and now my first Queen lol

aa667815-bc80-42fd-b7o3irf.png

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Took down Scorn of the Marching Beasts today. Loren is REALLY showing her power; the LB fill rate boost from her cooldown is insanely powerful, and in one case two Hyoh's both had their limit bursts back enabled...on the SAME TURN THEY USED THEIR LIMIT BURSTS. It also made things like CG Nichol's LB consistently attainable, which was important to get rid of the stat debuffs against Europa.

Really annoying trial because messing with your team required 15 minutes of churning through the first eight waves just to see if it worked, but it's down now.

Calcabrina up next!

...Yeah....
Im def. getting that second Loren via UoC lol.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Busted out 7* Roy to finally take down Scorn of Marching Beasts (and Shin's Hyoh to pair with my 6* Hyoh), all trials complete now!

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Calcabrina down as well. Barb's Tempest Eye Wall + 2x Lightning Hyoh + DEF break one-shots the second wave, so I brought along a Rem to Tornado chain with Barb for the first wave and it was RUL easy.

Only Omega and Marlboro 2.0 left! I've only been "two trials away" once before. I'm gonna do it this time, dammit!

Edit: Would someone be willing to put up a Tonitrus Hyoh w/ 100% fire resist (Ifrit) and possibly Machine Killer? This is a...very strict set of requirements for this battle. Yeesh. PM me if we're not friends!

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the trial clears!
Calcabrina down as well. Barb's Tempest Eye Wall + 2x Lightning Hyoh + DEF break one-shots the second wave, so I brought along a Rem to Tornado chain with Barb for the first wave and it was RUL easy.

Only Omega and Marlboro 2.0 left! I've only been "two trials away" once before. I'm gonna do it this time, dammit!

Edit: Would someone be willing to put up a Tonitrus Hyoh w/ 100% fire resist (Ifrit) and possibly Machine Killer? This is a...very strict set of requirements for this battle. Yeesh. PM me if we're not friends!
I've set my friend unit to Hyoh(Tonitrus,FireResist,Machine Killer, and Stat immune). Don't know if we're friends but I have some inactives in my list so if you or anyone else wants to add me my friend code is:

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I've set my friend unit to Hyoh(Tonitrus,FireResist,Machine Killer, and Stat immune). Don't know if we're friends but I have some inactives in my list so if you or anyone else wants to add me my friend code is:

Requested!

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Accepted, good luck!
Aaaaaand Omega down. = D (My current strategy does not allow me to get either the Wave Cannon or Panzer Omega mission clears, but both seem pretty underwhelming, tbh.)

Barb (Tempest Eye Wall) + 2x Lightning Hyoh + BSS Sakura Pentacombo Quick Thunder. Loren broke, which allowed a pretty messed up Wilhelm (50% evade? Maybe?) to tank JUST enough damage to keep everyone alive for a Round 3. Both Hyoh's were under 1500 HP. I got pretty lucky, I think, I'd probably fail this four out of five times.

Thanks to Rokuren for the assist <3

ONLY ONE TRIAL LEFT

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks a lot, I took advantage of your offer since it's rare to find a specific friend for this.

7e1402dc-687a-4436-8aoec8x.png

Missed the summon esper but that reward is pretty bad anyway.
In retrospect, should have picked Nyx instead of Loren, would have been easier to get LB.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Grats, Kourio!

I think I need to wait about a week until I attempt Malboro 2.0. I need about 24-28 Megacites to get Lakshmi two more levels (to 44 or whatever), which is required to have both Charm and Stop protection in the same build. (And I don't have Ayaka.)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Grats, Kourio!

I think I need to wait about a week until I attempt Malboro 2.0. I need about 24-28 Megacites to get Lakshmi two more levels (to 44 or whatever), which is required to have both Charm and Stop protection in the same build. (And I don't have Ayaka.)
Thanks, I want to do marching beast next and then I'll wait Sieghard before doing the rest since I still have no 7* tank.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to you both!

On Marlboro 2.0 depending on your team you might be fine to run it now; I actually didn't have stop protection in my run. I had Wilhelm on physical cover and Basch provoked every turn phase 1 so it didn't matter if he got stopped; and the queen didn't live long enough in phase 2 for it to come up.

Seems like this has been a good week for doing trials in general. Took down several yesterday and today
2-Headed Dragon:
Zarg, Wilhelm, Ace, Fina, Grim Lord Sakura, and Friend Lord Sakura.
I basically turtled and let Ace blow himself up every four turns; Sakura's break resistance was great for this fight. Took 5 or so summons over 20 some turns.

Scorn of the Beasts
Zarg, Loren, Wilhelm, Fina, Hyoh, and Friend Hyoh both non-elemental.
Zarg and Loren had cooldowns galore for wiping out the waves; just needed to find safer moments to recoup mana. Loren wielding elemental weapons and using an occasional elemental skill covered that mission and the long cast time of ultima covered the magic mission like it did for the dragon.

Mad Doll
Lid, Ace, Orlandeau, Hyoh, Trance Terra, and Friend Trance Terra.
Ended up using a one turn per wave strat. With Ace/Esper on turn 1 and lid using water/earth weapons; Fire Chaos Chain cleared wave 1 and Hyoh/Orlandeau using excaliburs was able to clear phase 2 getting the last of the missions.

I think I still need the latest 10-man than technically the pro/adv for bomb family and doll.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Did the last 10 man just because I forgot about it, Beryl kind of made it so I didn't even need a healer due to his counter which was pretty cool. Still have the newest Malboro and Scorn of the Beasts to go, just been so busy lately so haven't done them yet.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All these free pulls and I just have a sea of blues; come on tomorrows 11-pull I believe in you!

Did the last 10 man just because I forgot about it, Beryl kind of made it so I didn't even need a healer due to his counter which was pretty cool. Still have the newest Malboro and Scorn of the Beasts to go, just been so busy lately so haven't done them yet.
Congrats! Glad to see that Beryl is pretty good.

Oh nice, FFV is next on the docket. Galuf is looking more heroic than I remember, I wonder what class he is.

I guess Bartz would be the CG Character; no 5* Lenna then?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
35m ticket today got me my 2nd Olive! Feel bad saying since I know others havent been lucky, but that was rainbow #6 from these tickets. Absolutely unreal.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh...7-Star Blossom Sage Sakura's Celestial Roar is definitely described as:

[5 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
Remove MAG break from caster
Increase lightning resistance (100%) for 2 turns to caster
Enable skill for 2 turns to caster: Quick Pentacombo

But it definitely only enables Quick Pentacombo for 1 turn. Is it literally making one of those two turns...the turn on which it's cast? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It also makes her 7-star form much less good in retrospect.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
But it definitely only enables Quick Pentacombo for 1 turn.

I don't have BSS 7*. But does activating Celestial Roar end BSS turn?
And 2nd turn it can cast QPentacombo?

If so its just confusing words. First turn (activation turn) 1. and then casting it as 2nd turn (thus one time cast).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Those description include the turn you cast it, but since you already acted it's indeed only one turn.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
10+1with lots of blues and old units like Krile, Kupipi, Cedona and Veritas of Water.

Last rainbows was from a guaranteed 5* EX ticket. Spent 40k+ lapis on Limited VP and got 5 rainbows with 1 on banner and off banners being bad rainbows like Jaraiya, Aloha Lasswell and Gladio. Makes me question why do summer units stay in the pool but not other seasonal units? Weird.

So nothing on 2x 10+1, nothing on Fan Festa 10+1, nothing on all the 5% tickets, free dailies and any tickets obtained since VP.

I'm barely touching the game these days as it's so boring. The one thing to look forward to at this point is pulls and I can't continue enjoying something that requires dupe rainbows where you can go ice cold for almost an entire month so far with pulls happening daily and I see no improvement incoming to correct this.

Facebook unbind needs to happen soon because I'm about ready to check out for good.

I don't regret my time as it's been fun and Discord is filled with good people but everything eventually comes to an end. Hopefully for me it's soon.

May 31, 2018
Just pulled a 2nd Nyx. Is it worth the upgrade to 7 star? I've heard some people say something about how he pairs well with Hyoh, Ayaka, CG Nichol. Is there any truth to this since I do have all those units.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Just pulled a 2nd Nyx. Is it worth the upgrade to 7 star? I've heard some people say something about how he pairs well with Hyoh, Ayaka, CG Nichol. Is there any truth to this since I do have all those units.
[20 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
Increase LB gauge (28) to all allies, except caster
Inflict unresistable death (100%) to caster

Nyx pairs well with all units.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Got nothing this morning, pulled another 10+1 on the 7* banner (because Fry).

Got nothing there either.

I have such bad luck with 10+1s...

Xion

Oct 27, 2017

Calcabrina up next!

Nice one! And congrats to others who have used NRG to catch up with Trials in the last few days. I don't have Zarg, 7* Loren or Heavenly Technician Lid who all seem to be used a lot in this fight :( not sure I have a team for this, unless I spend some NRG to experiment. I've just got this and Venomous Vines of Death left.

So we all agree this event isn't worth the NRG, right?

I'm back to dat macro.

Are you or anyone else running into connection / logout issues which stops your TM farming? Not done it for nearly a month now, used to work fine but now just get logged out.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get a second Fry on the second Step Up. A tiny voice is saying to do the final/5* Guarenteed step, but a larger voice is like "NOOOOOOOOOPE, save save save".

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got a super useless rainbow for me, my first Knight Delita.

Oh well...three more till STMR, right?