• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Venomous Vines of Death is so brutal. I actually killed the Queen Malboro, but the three lil' tykes got me. It's very difficult to keep breaks up on all three with their jumping around, and you really need to kill two at once...if you kill just one, the other two go insane.

Ugh. And it's like 30+ minutes to get to that point every time. Even Great Malboro has some RNG with how often berserk comes out.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing from my 10+1 but I did take down Shaula and the remaining adv/pro trials I had left so I'm all caught up on trials.

Yeah, I remember the first time I killed the Queen; I thought I had it, then the minis proceeded to kick my shit in. The time I won I actually got lucky in that two of the minis had low defense/high spririt so they got wiped out in the Hyoh LB chain that took out the queen.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 4th Fry on the first step of the step up.

A measly 4k Lapis for Fry's STMR. Now I have her and Willy's STMR.

Im a happy dude.

But I think I should keep going. I have exactly one of all the other units on the banner. But the only other unit worth 7* seems to be Loren, and I already have 6* HT Lid. I dunno about this one.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nier Automata rerun and 7* forms!

Completely missed the event last time so looking forward to this

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
only has 11k lapis (there is still some story left) and 25 tickets.

I probably can get enough lapis for 1 lap of step up.

gonna use ticket first, if i get either 2B or A2, gonna run the step up (and hoping to get dupe).

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
And the "little birdie" was right on the money once again.

Cue the Reddit rage, already in action, over the stripping of all failsafes/backstops on the banner in GL for the 2nd run of the Nier banner.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For the first time ever, I have cleared all current trials! I'VE DONE IT!

Venomous Vines was rough. Loren's breaks were big, but a little rough in Phase 2, since they aren't quite in demand and there's a lot of jumping. I got unlucky with the mini's (one weak to physical, as opposed to two), so it was a long, tense finish as it stretched out into 23 turns. Blossom Sage Sakura finally brought it home with max stacks Final Thunder, but it was touch and go for awhile.

This exalted feeling will last until Friday, during which a new trial is installed. But I'll enjoy my little victory lap. ^^

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Here's another bit of info: there are multiple (as in more than just Christmas) limited banners coming in the very near future so if the Nier 7* units are disappointing and/or you aren't a big fan, sit tight and keep it in your pants... if you aren't a spender, at least.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Here's another bit of info: there are multiple (as in more than just Christmas) limited banners coming in the very near future so if the Nier 7* units are disappointing and/or you aren't a big fan, sit tight and keep it in your pants... if you aren't a spender, at least.

Coming next week: 5* base turkey waifu banner for delayed Thanksgiving event.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Do the Veritas units have a 7*? I have doubles for some of them and I was wondering should I keep them or just fuse them?

I also have a heap of units with 100% TM. None are 5* so are they safe to sell?

Finally I have a 100% Brotherhood moogle after the Tidus 7* fusion. Do I do something with it or sell it?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do the Veritas units have a 7*? I have doubles for some of them and I was wondering should I keep them or just fuse them?

I also have a heap of units with 100% TM. None are 5* so are they safe to sell?

Finally I have a 100% Brotherhood moogle after the Tidus 7* fusion. Do I do something with it or sell it?

Veritas of the Light, Flame and Dark have 7*s. Wind, Water and Earth do not.

Also, do not sell your 100% trust units yet. We SHOULD be getting a feature that lets you trade maxed trust units to get cool stuff...eventually.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Veritas of the Light, Flame and Dark have 7*s. Wind, Water and Earth do not.

Also, do not sell your 100% trust units yet. We SHOULD be getting a feature that lets you trade maxed trust units to get cool stuff...eventually.

Thanks, I have to sell a few units as I spending took much Lapis expanding my units storage. I have 4 Veritas of the water as least I can free up 3 spaces.

What is this trade in thing you mentioned?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I have to sell a few units as I spending took much Lapis expanding my units storage. I have 4 Veritas of the water as least I can free up 3 spaces.

What is this trade in thing you mentioned?

The Japanese version has a store called the Trust Shop. You can sell 100% trust units to the trust shop for Trust Coins (depending on the rarity of the unit, you get an increasing amount of coins - 3* bases are worth less than 4*s and so on and so forth), and you can trade them in for all sorts of things.

The most important thing in the trust shop is 7* awakening materials for limited time only units. If you only pulled one copy of a limited unit and never got to 7* them (like I did with Randi and A2 and Adam Jensen, as an example), you can use your trust coins to buy the awakening prism to bump them up to 7* without pulling a dupe. This is a huge deal, especially now that we keep getting limited time only banners at such a frequency that it's fiscally impractical (if not outright impossible for non-whales) to try and pull on all of them.

We should be getting it in Global, but there's always a chance Gumi will fuck us and not put it in. Either way, you should hold onto your 100% trust units until we get word from them one way or the other.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Coming next week: 5* base basted turkey waifu banner for delayed Thanksgiving event.
Minor... correction?

But seriously, that'd be funny to have some weird turkey person or dressing (the puns won't stop!) as one.

The Japanese version has a store called the Trust Shop. You can sell 100% trust units to the trust shop for Trust Coins (depending on the rarity of the unit, you get an increasing amount of coins - 3* bases are worth less than 4*s and so on and so forth), and you can trade them in for all sorts of things.

The most important thing in the trust shop is 7* awakening materials for limited time only units. If you only pulled one copy of a limited unit and never got to 7* them (like I did with Randi and A2 and Adam Jensen, as an example), you can use your trust coins to buy the awakening prism to bump them up to 7* without pulling a dupe. This is a huge deal, especially now that we keep getting limited time only banners at such a frequency that it's fiscally impractical (if not outright impossible for non-whales) to try and pull on all of them.

We should be getting it in Global, but there's always a chance Gumi will fuck us and not put it in. Either way, you should hold onto your 100% trust units until we get word from them one way or the other.

I've got a number of 100% TMR units sitting round, totally useless, just for this addition. The day we get this will be a happy day for clearing my unit list out.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, the N:A banner came in faster than I thought, and "woof" at A2's STMR. My RNGeezus have mercy on my wallet. Amen...

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
150 100% trust units (that's if I cut deep and get rid of all the 4* base (even the leveled up ones).

my box would be so empty... it would be wonderful!

EDIT:
Just ignore it. STMRs for limited units are designed to be absurd but you should never in a million years pull hard for one. They're traps on purpose.

At this point any limited unit, pull for two and pray for mixer if you want the STMR,

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Just ignore it. STMRs for limited units are designed to be absurd but you should never in a million years pull hard for one. They're traps on purpose.
:: salutes ::
I have two A2's already, so the temptation is strong, but I shall resist going balls deep. I will be aiming for at least one 2B, but for the most part my Lapis/Tickets will be geared towards Elly.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
:: salutes ::
I have two A2's already, so the temptation is strong, but I shall resist to go balls deep. I will be aiming for at least one 2B, but for the most part my Lapis/Tickets will be geared towards Elly.

This is the smart play. If you already have A2's 7* you should skip the banner entirely and just save your stuff. There's gonna be a bunch of limited banners over the next few months, so you should save your resources for when you need to spend them.

Also, if you already have 7* A2, you don't need 2B at all.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017

Think I have it figured out. I'll post my thoughts later when I get off of work.

That's one hell of a potential schedule. Buckle up, folks.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I have one each of A2 and 2B, so I'll probably be pulling, but I'll wait and see how they look before making a final decision

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
In birb we trust

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Just remembered I hadn't gotten Anima yet, so I went and did both levels and am now 1 4* and 1 3* ticket richer in preparation for waifu 2.0 2B's return.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Think I have it figured out. I'll post my thoughts later when I get off of work.

That's one hell of a potential schedule. Buckle up, folks.
you have me here with baited breath.

seriously, Insight is appreciated. I'm going to post my guess as well since it more fun to THINK about FFBE than to actually play the game currently.

My current guess really only goes out to end of january. Nier rerun into next MK event (FFVII because nothing screams December like FFVII), into JC4 Raid (JC3 Rerun banner plus new units with new boss) into sieghart, into XMAS (close december) (which I have absolutely no clue what KIND of event it would be since GLEX).

Then Jan opens with MK event (FF3 OK Refia event), into Folka, into GLEX Aurora Fryevia (who is bundled with Yuraisha and GLEX event), ending with XG (end of January). There is an outside chance they do a GLEX raid in january, but i think they will do XG by then, because they won't have a raid in February.

and real talk here, if XG bombs (like I think Nier will since they fucked with it and I am sure VP bombed) then gumi is in some serious shit.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for Sieghart and potential GLEX surprises.
Also Secret of Mana is definitely not happening, maybe a rerun just to give Randi a 7* at best.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna be very sad when Yun comes back and he'll be on some ridiculous triple banner thus be stuck at 6 stars forever for me.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
The best explanation for all the questionable limited banners with few if any gurantees is that since GL macros for TMRs they need to create more potential inventory and demand for the trust shop. That's the only explanation I can think of that isn't borne out of greed. It's also a really dumb reason so yeah I'm pretty sure it's because they like money.

They're playing a dangerous game though, Nier #1 was a hit cuz it was a popular new installment at the time and limited banners were spaced out quite well. Going forward and into the new year we will have normal banners that are compelling due to the 5*'s featured within them. Along with all the limited banners like Xmas, Xeno and Lunar New Year. They're likely to trip over themselves and overplay their hand.

They're reliance on Limited banner spam is understandable from a greed standpoint. Also from a standpoint that they need curve balls to combat JP foresight but they're running low on surprises unless they buff the shit out of the 7* awakenings we have yet to get to. Which is unlikely since units like CG Fina are not hurting for buffs. The only other surprises left I can think of for them to utilize is that gaping void that is JP version Santa Roselia and moving up Karlotte's release and the Star Ocean 7*s.

Their best play would be to not nerf the Xeno banners and buff the Octopath banner to be on par with Xenogears in terms of the limited UoC tickets. Due to the fact that the regular banners that run in proximity to those limited banners are compelling enough on their own. In doing so they will look like they're listening and easing off on their greed. Which means buckle up kids it's gonna be a bumpy AF "3 5* base limited banner with no limited UoC options" of a ride from here to post Akstar.

Last edited:

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
DBQ3629.gif

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh... should I pull or wait for Christmas... don´t have any of the Nier units except two Eves and one 210.

I think I will wait.

.n_n.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking through the Wiki for things I hadn't done yet, and I realized I still hadn't done Madam's Manor Part 2. THERE'S STILL CONTENT WOOOOOO

Being caught up on trials is actually sad.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, here we go....

This week is known.

23 Nov --> 29 Nov: Nier (Raid Week 1) + Fan Festa Week 2 (Wave Week 2)

The following week is crucial to what happens in December. Historically, collabs get 2 weeks of dedicated time. But, in the 7* Era, that appears to have been thrown out the window. That opens up a lot of options. The 64 million gil question is whether or not Nier gets the 14 day collab treatment again. It's **possible** given how big the collab is. However, that's a lot of valuable time real estate in December that Gumi wouldn't really want to give up.

Double confounding the issue is that Nier is a raid event, so another raid can't show up. Further, we will be exiting a story event, so that can't happen either. So, the only possibility is a Mog King event, if the week is not taken off. I can't see that realistically happening in December, so....

30 Nov --> 6 Dec: FF7 Tifa/Vincent (Mog King Week 1) + Nier (Raid Week 2) + Main Story (2-5-2)

Main story event goes here as the attraction to burn this month's story lapis allotment will be compelling to most.

The following week is super easy to call. So... what Squeenix game has a collab in FFBE that has units that were promised a 7* that has yet to occur and it just so happens that this franchise's console game launches that week for the Holidays?

Yup, Just Cause 4 launches this week, and oh so conveniently, the raid schedule clears right up for a rerun of the chopper raid event.

7 Dec --> 13 Dec: Just Cause (Raid Week 1) + FF7 Tifa/Vincent (Mog King Week 2) + Weapon Enhancement Event

Weapon enhancement events tend to run on the second weeks of Mog King events, so this is as good a place as any to slot this in.

So, after all Nier and FF7 and Just Cause 4, there is a brief one-week window to squeeze in the next story unit that most have been saving for, Sieghard.

14 Dec --> 20 Dec: CG Sieghard (Story Event Week 1) + Just Cause (Raid Week 2)

And of course, here come the Christmas units.

21 Dec --> 27 Dec: Xmas Event (Wave/MK Week 1) + CG Sieghard (Story Event Week 2)

And finally, to just put a nice shining star on all of this madness, Gumi will repeat exactly what they did with the Halloween collab this year when in the following week, they ran VP. They will immediately follow-up the Christmas units with another top-tier collab for all those sweet, sweet, Christmas funds to be spent on nostalgia and OP units. Also, there is precedence for this as a collab immediately following the Christmas event happened last year (lol Ray Jack, but still.... has it really been a year since then? Wow, time flies).

28 Dec --> 3 Jan: Xenogears (Raid Week 1) + Xmas Event (Wave/MK Week 2) + Main Story (2-6-1)

There isn't enough lapis on this planet for all of these banners. RIP to everyone.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I've definitely decided to burn my UoC on Loren when she gets added to the pool next week. Glad to see that she is paying dividends for players. I need to seriously catch up on trials myself.

Same boat. UoC Loren. I was going to UoC Mediena too (when she comes in 1-2 months), but thanks to this weeks multi I don't need to.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I tried friend's Lilith last night and seriously, she is so good.

How is she compared to Beryl?

I just hope Chow will be as good as Lilith overall

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I tried friend's Lilith last night and seriously, she is so good.

How is she compared to Beryl?

I just hope Chow will be as good as Lilith overall

I believe Beryl is better at mag tanking than Lilith, but Lilith has the ability to tank both kinds of damage so she's more versatile. It's really a question of what you need them for.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
In another news, it happened, Dissidia Opera Omnia just got their 5* rates bumped to 10%, and its first anniversary is in 2 months. Still waiting for Golbez there as I am for Brave Exvius haha.

Getting Elly banner right after Christmas will make sure Gumi will swim in money, this will be an interesting month.
Same boat. UoC Loren. I was going to UoC Mediena too (when she comes in 1-2 months), but thanks to this weeks multi I don't need to.
Getting a 7* Loren is very much worth it, yes. Maybe some will want to pull Auron but that's on a 2 5* banner.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Did both laps of this 7* banner on the Elf hunt

Got 1 Elf, between this and the recent Noctis I got, knocking off 2 of my most needed TMRs

Got 1 Fryevia, can't do anything without a 2nd, but still half a usable unit is better than none

Got 3rd BS Sakura and on the lookout for the STMR, but it's not that exciting, so whatever.

And then not on that banner but somewhere along the line from free pulls I got a Delita and Aileen, both new but relatively useless units for me.

Nearly cleaned out my savings so ignoring the upcoming gauntlet of shitty limited banners

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not excited about the Nier banner.

Will probably skip FF7, and no interest in the Christmas banner either.

Just don't feel like spending a crap ton of resources on units that look ugly, or that won't be on my main squad in 3 months. They're just not.......interesting or powerful enough for my resources.

Guess I'm stocking up to chase Akstar Super TMR.

Also, I used to spend like $100 every couple weeks on this game but now I'm only getting the Fountain of Lapis or other deals that are 300% + value. Because there hasn't been anything worth pulling resources on since Kurasame.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
good unit, but I already has 7* Lid and Loren. No need for another breaker. So sadly have to pass on this banner.

i though either A2 or 2B will be almost as strong as Kurasame. Seems very unlikely.

Gonna wait for Sieghart.