• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't UoC Wilhelm with Sieghard so close. He's a much better phys. tank than Basch though, as Basch is both phys/mag cover, but master of none.

Loren is an exception, but personally I won't UoC any unit that already received enhancement since that means they are already a final product with nothing to expect in the future.

Thanks! I think I will wait for Sieghard and UoC Loren, which I have fully enhanced!

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I have one Loren and one HT Lid.

Do you think its worth it to UoC a 2nd Loren for 7* when I have HT Lid waiting for her 7*?

As of now I haven't used Loren or HT Lid for breaks (or anything else) once. And I already have an silly amount of 7* DMG dealers so Loren would basically be used for breaks only. Is it worth it?

Last edited:

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I have 2 Lids and 1 Loren and Iam definitely going to UoC Loren.

Then again I have 6* and 7* enhanced Luneras.
Yeah, I only have a 6* E. Lunera.

Think maybe I should try her step up banner before going straight down the UoC route?

I have 90k Lapis, so I can afford to try and grab a 2nd for 14k... I just got Fry, the one unit I really wanted, on the first step of her banner so that only cost 4k. I may get lucky again. Then again, I may not.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
1x 6* Lid
2x 7* 120 Loren + 1x 7* 120 Malphasie.

I've been experimenting from friend Loren units and it's insane.

Yeah, like Wiistreak said, it's generally not a great idea to burn UoCs on "finished" units, but if you got the units to use Loren, she sets a great floor for breaking for the future to build upon.
Lid does eventually powercreep Loren a bit in the breaking department, but where Loren shines is the imperil on top of the AoE Full Break. This is where 2B currently suffers the most.

To that extent, A2 and 2B appear to be temporarily knee-capped units on GL to keep them in check. A2 a bit of a mess currently, as she appears to be hardcoded to be handicapped to not outperform upcoming chase DPS units (because why would Gumi want to stop anyone from "Accumulating for Akstar"?). 2B is equivalent to Loren in the breaking department, but lacks the imperil on the break. Instead she can self-imbue lightning and imperil lightning, but those are locked behind seperate cooldown timers. Further, unlike Loren who can party with A-Ray chaining now, 2B uses **future** chaining families that are fairly fresh on JP. That, to me, signals that 2B is meant to eventually powercreep Loren, but not until her enhancements arrive (another year down the road?).

There's far too much trash in the awakening banner for Loren that I don't want to pull, as I already have at least 2x of 3 of the banner units.

Need Sieghart badly. Must continue hoarding. Him and Yuraisha, and anything after that is a luxury.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Who goes well with Loren? I have 1 loren, but I am not sure who she works well with (and if I want to UoC)

Her AoE chaining skill works with Lunera and Viktor as it's part of the Aureole Ray family. Her single-target single-element chain skills mix with the Onion Knight family, which means they also link up with Hyo's Ruthless Blade.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's been a long time since I played this game, but fired it up on a whim. Didn't expect to see so many free pull banners. Collected everything and spent all my tickets and free pulls.

It netted me:

x2 Ayaka
Gladio
Machina
Hyoh
Veritas of the Dark
Zargabaath

Any of these worth using?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
only have 1 Loren and Lid. Should i use UOC for Loren at the moment

Check out **this thread**, at it's the salient discussion of the day on Reddit.

x2 Ayaka
Gladio
Machina
Hyoh
Veritas of the Dark
Zargabaath

Any of these worth using?

Ayaka = excellent healer, and 7 starable, as you have two of them.
Gladio = meh
Machina = good stat breaker
Hyoh obsoletes Veritas of the Dark and is the current melee DPS hotness in the game.
Zarg = Good buffing, all-around support unit.

Very solid pulls. Jelly here, as I still don't have Machina, Hyoh, or Zarg.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Check out **this thread**, at it's the salient discussion of the day on Reddit.

Ayaka = excellent healer, and 7 starable, as you have two of them.
Gladio = meh
Machina = good stat breaker
Hyoh obsoletes Veritas of the Dark and is the current melee DPS hotness in the game.
Zarg = Good buffing, all-around support unit.

Very solid pulls. Jelly here, as I still don't have Machina, Hyoh, or Zarg.

This is great to hear. I'd actually prefer to use mainline FF characters, but is the rift between Hyoh and the rest of the DPS so large that I'd be stupid to not use him?

Do people still run around with a Tank + Buff + Healer + 2 DPS or has the meta changed?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
This is great to hear. I'd actually prefer to use mainline FF characters, but is the rift between Hyoh and the rest of the DPS so large that I'd be stupid to not use him?

Do people still run around with a Tank + Buff + Healer + 2 DPS or has the meta changed?

Depends on what you're fighting. With Hyoh it matters if you have a full TDH set as well, if you have that he can put up some silly numbers.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I do have TDH (it's Cloud's TM + Efreeda x2 TM correct?)

I guess I'll try him out, but I'm pretty attached to my Prompto.

Do people not use Fixed Dice anymore?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Think the only character I really saw use with fixed dice is Nyx nowadays. And yes that is correct on the TDH set. The jump from prompto to hyoh will be enormous.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Barbie is a great unit to pair with Loren. Her insane wind/lightning imperil combined with the Loren's AR chaining move, RIP.

And lol at the new 10 man trial, Reberta would have completely annihilated that loser if it wasn't for the HP hard locks.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
So like I said I have one 6* Loren and one 6* HT Lid (and one 6* eLunera) and Ive been trying to decide whether or not to pull on Loren/Lunera step up.

I just saw something on the wiki that really confused me about Loren's LB.

It says that her 7* max LB is different from the UPGRADED version, which adds the 74% AoE FB.

What does UPGRADED LB mean? Ive never seen that before. How does one UPGRADE her LB other than maxing it out with LB pots? Is it just a matter of equipping her TMR?

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2B basically becoming Loren is pretty cool; if I didn't already have 7* Loren I'd be pretty tempted.

So like I said I have one 6* Loren and one 6* HT Lid (and one 6* eLunera) and Ive been trying to decide whether or not to pull on Loren/Lunera step up.

I just saw something on the wiki that really confused me about Loren's LB.

It says that her 7* max LB is different from the UPGRADED version, which adds the 74% AoE FB.

What does UPGRADED LB mean? Ive never seen that before. How does one UPGRADE her LB other than maxing it out with LB pots? Is it just a matter of equipping her TMR?
You got it; some characters have an improved Limit Break as part of the their 101 TM unlock ability. I think Ace and Seabreeze also have the effect.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
$1 bundle is worth it. Buyable 4 times, so $4 gets you 2000 lapis, 2000 NRG and some raid coins.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Guys please help this boss has drained all of my team's MP again and I don't know how to play FFBE anymore

edit: auto attacking isn't helping

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Beryl laughed at Hasiko pretty hard, even made it so I never had to heal due to his counters. Really love that little dude. Due to high mp/spr/def my cg fina/nichol never got fully drained so it was pretty easy for me.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Haha that boss was actually chumpy garbage. Couldn't even do damage to my team. Loren is a golden god. First fight was a slog cause I went in blind and brought fire weapons so it took a million years to whittle it down. 2nd time (forgot the no limit mission) I brought Excaliburs and melted it in a couple turns. Both fights I just kinda got MP back over time between Nichol and Fina spamming MP moves and Fina/Lilith counter attacks taking out the spooky ghosts it was pretty trivial. I think I ragequit and skipped this fight last time it came around and now I wish I did it.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
My Zarg was left with 500-ish MP, and Machina/Awk Rain had some left as well, so it was pretty easy. Got Rem's LB gauge high enough and restored everyone with her AoE MP move, then wrecked it with 2x Loren chaining their Holy ability.
I also put Ignis' TMR on Machina for extra MP regen but it ended up not being needed.

I have to say, I love how well Zarg and Machina complement each other, especially with their mitigations.

Last edited:

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
:: sigh :: Well my lust for 2Booty took over, and I did two rounds of Step Ups...and got 2 A2s... I then got hold of myself and called it a quits. At least I got A2's STMR, but at what cost??

Horde Check:
87K Lapis
11 4* Tickets
69 Rare Tickets

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Totally did today's trial wrong, but oh, so satisfying.

Went in blind and bleh...

But, because of that, I finally had an opportunity to see Lunera's Double Arrow --> A-Ray in action.

With her 135% all buff to unlock Double Arrow + Citra's 60% imperil all LB + Ramza's 60% SPR break (I'm going to miss the guy, he's been clutch) + 2x Double A-Ray + self-capping that same chain with Citra's same LB cast (Reddit **still** hasn't figured this out), Haniko disintegrated DBZ-style. It was so glorious and worth the headache setting that up.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have 240 tickets and 40k lapis.

I have Loren so 2B isn't appealing to me.

I haven't pulled since Hyoh. C'mon, CG Sieghart and CG Folka!

Edit: In sad news, I will be unable to attend Fan Festa because I'll be home for the holidays from the 4th-11th. Damn you, Hebrew calendar.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I bought the 4 cheap black Friday bundles but can't accept them because I have too many NRG pots
41HTP4I.jpg
Keep in mind I have 200 of the damn things to accept from the bundles.

How on earth can I burn through that much energy that quickly?

And it doesn't look like I can toss any of them either

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the 4 cheap black Friday bundles but can't accept them because I have too many NRG pots

Keep in mind I have 200 of the damn things to accept from the bundles.

How on earth can I burn through that much energy that quickly?

And it doesn't look like I can toss any of them either
Enchanted Maze, Cactuar Dunes, or Gil Snapper's Cave

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
For the first time ever, I have cleared all current trials! I'VE DONE IT!

Venomous Vines was rough. Loren's breaks were big, but a little rough in Phase 2, since they aren't quite in demand and there's a lot of jumping. I got unlucky with the mini's (one weak to physical, as opposed to two), so it was a long, tense finish as it stretched out into 23 turns. Blossom Sage Sakura finally brought it home with max stacks Final Thunder, but it was touch and go for awhile.

This exalted feeling will last until Friday, during which a new trial is installed. But I'll enjoy my little victory lap. ^^

Wow! Good job on clearing Venomous Vines, that one is brutal, I'm going to leave it until some time later on down the road I think :(. I'd like to get through the latest Chamber of Arms this weekend.

Ok, here we go....

This week is known.

23 Nov --> 29 Nov: Nier (Raid Week 1) + Fan Festa Week 2 (Wave Week 2)

The following week is crucial to what happens in December. Historically, collabs get 2 weeks of dedicated time. But, in the 7* Era, that appears to have been thrown out the window. That opens up a lot of options. The 64 million gil question is whether or not Nier gets the 14 day collab treatment again. It's **possible** given how big the collab is. However, that's a lot of valuable time real estate in December that Gumi wouldn't really want to give up.

Double confounding the issue is that Nier is a raid event, so another raid can't show up. Further, we will be exiting a story event, so that can't happen either. So, the only possibility is a Mog King event, if the week is not taken off. I can't see that realistically happening in December, so....

30 Nov --> 6 Dec: FF7 Tifa/Vincent (Mog King Week 1) + Nier (Raid Week 2) + Main Story (2-5-2)

Main story event goes here as the attraction to burn this month's story lapis allotment will be compelling to most.

The following week is super easy to call. So... what Squeenix game has a collab in FFBE that has units that were promised a 7* that has yet to occur and it just so happens that this franchise's console game launches that week for the Holidays?

Yup, Just Cause 4 launches this week, and oh so conveniently, the raid schedule clears right up for a rerun of the chopper raid event.

7 Dec --> 13 Dec: Just Cause (Raid Week 1) + FF7 Tifa/Vincent (Mog King Week 2) + Weapon Enhancement Event

Weapon enhancement events tend to run on the second weeks of Mog King events, so this is as good a place as any to slot this in.

So, after all Nier and FF7 and Just Cause 4, there is a brief one-week window to squeeze in the next story unit that most have been saving for, Sieghard.

14 Dec --> 20 Dec: CG Sieghard (Story Event Week 1) + Just Cause (Raid Week 2)

And of course, here come the Christmas units.

21 Dec --> 27 Dec: Xmas Event (Wave/MK Week 1) + CG Sieghard (Story Event Week 2)

And finally, to just put a nice shining star on all of this madness, Gumi will repeat exactly what they did with the Halloween collab this year when in the following week, they ran VP. They will immediately follow-up the Christmas units with another top-tier collab for all those sweet, sweet, Christmas funds to be spent on nostalgia and OP units. Also, there is precedence for this as a collab immediately following the Christmas event happened last year (lol Ray Jack, but still.... has it really been a year since then? Wow, time flies).

28 Dec --> 3 Jan: Xenogears (Raid Week 1) + Xmas Event (Wave/MK Week 2) + Main Story (2-6-1)

There isn't enough lapis on this planet for all of these banners. RIP to everyone.

This is great :) always admire the detail you go into. I can't wait for Tifa and Vincent, I definitely want both of them, they are the next units I'm most excited about (nostalgia purposes). I'll be skipping Just Cause, Xenogears and the current NieR banner. Love Weapon Enhancement events so looking forward to the next one too.

Same boat. UoC Loren. I was going to UoC Mediena too (when she comes in 1-2 months), but thanks to this weeks multi I don't need to.

Loren is an exception, but personally I won't UoC any unit that already received enhancement since that means they are already a final product with nothing to expect in the future.

Hmmm, hearing so much about Loren right now. I have one at 6* but never considered using my UoC on another. Tempted if it's going to help with future content! I guess I'll have two UoC opportunities so could go for Loren with one of them.

Oh, my 10+1 got me a second Lila which was cool.

Last edited:

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
That's not entirely true, some units like Aileen are getting a story thing like the CG units that give them some minor improvements or passives or abilities.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Nunki down, only used 5 people. A.Rain / Wilhelm for tanking, Roy for buff/break/heal/mp, Fina to do element missions and toss reraises (but nobody died), and light-equipped Reberta to easily smash through every threshold and one-shot from 30%. Kinda crazy there's only 3 of these left and then that's seemingly it for those.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Of course! I completely forgot about these damn things, been so long since I used them.

Thanks!

The highest tier of the non weekend grind spots pay out more Gil and exp if you have exp boosting gear and TMRs or Xon enhanced for Gil doubling. Can sub enhanced Xon for Montana(?) a FP unit with Gil doubler. So I'd recommend running those if you have the means, and if u need LB pots then Enchanted Maze is a no brainier.

Edit: As always grats on your pulls and clears y'all

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Daily half price was a rainbow.... Lulu #5. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Catching up on trials. Tegmine sucks big time.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Nunki down, only used 5 people. A.Rain / Wilhelm for tanking, Roy for buff/break/heal/mp, Fina to do element missions and toss reraises (but nobody died), and light-equipped Reberta to easily smash through every threshold and one-shot from 30%. Kinda crazy there's only 3 of these left and then that's seemingly it for those.

Just trying to put a team together for Nunki right now, good job on clearing it. But yeah, I was thinking that too, only 3 left. I wonder if that will be it, or there will be a Chamber for armour. Would be nice to have a bit of a break and introduce something totally different though.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Took down Nunki, had to do it twice since I somehow forgot to cast the spells to cover the elements mission.
Basch and Wilhelm covered tanking, Nichol(Buffing), Loren(Breaking),Seabreeze(Elements Mission), Fina(healing), and Orlandeau/Hyoh dealing the damage.

Reberta seems pretty solid, feel like I'm missing out.