• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nunki was RUL easy. I think I could have cleared that with no seven stars without much of a problem.

Chamber of Arms have been pretty tame, these last two or three. But the regular trials are brutal, so no complaints here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Can somebody please tell me what the most important 3* espers to own are at this point? I'm finally going to catch up on these and I want to prioritize fighting and leveling the best ones.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Diabolos, Ifrit and Lakshmi maybe? First 2 have valuable killers and last can give you stop/charm immunity which is fantastic for trials. Still waking up so possibly missing something!

Took down the newest 10 man trial and used 2b for the first time at 7 stars and my god is she fantastic. Didn't even need to bring any other damage dealer until the last portion.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Ramuh grants a exp bonus trait if u find yourself using chamber of experience along with other exp boosting gear and materia. He has enough slack in SP to grab the exp trait and M.Demon Killer at the cost of M.Stone Killer.

Phoenix gets Undead killer traits if you wanna spring for that sorta thing and Odin gets Undead killer+ and dragon killer+ and atk passives for katanas and swords and HP+10% so he should be one you'll want to read up on and take stock of what you can make use of, for his traits.

Tetra Sylphid 3* also gets a evasion trait which some people make use of for evade builds as well as Bird Killer. Golem gets more tank stats really and Titan is a decent atk esper stat stick that comes with petrify immunity but you'll probably level him after Golem since they share magicite colors.

Fenrir is a very good esper, his summon grants stats +120% to the party and party physical blink, no killers though but a very good blank canvas for a stat stick esper.

Shiva gives 50% stop immunity and is also just a stat stick for the most part but her stop immunity will stack with M.Ramza's in the future so she's noteworthy if you use M.Ramza as a tank.

I'm probably missing some specifics so you have my apologies beforehand. I'm sure someone else can fill in any blanks I may have left.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Nunki was RUL easy. I think I could have cleared that with no seven stars without much of a problem.

Chamber of Arms have been pretty tame, these last two or three. But the regular trials are brutal, so no complaints here.

Urgh, I'm having trouble with Nunki today (well I just had 2 attempts with different party setups). Dealing damage isn't the problem, it's just units dying in the first phase. I have Wilhelm (7*) provoking, Basch doing magic cover (and enough elemental resistance equipped), Lotus Mage Fina healing/re-raising and Maritime Strategist Nichol buffing. Wilhelm and Basch take the hits, but there seems to be some AoE afterwards which deals a great amount of damage to everyone else. I've got Hyoh (7*) and Sephiroth (both Light equipped) chaining and dealing enough damage, and Loren (6* only) using elemental attacks. I don't have the likes of HT Lid, Zarg, A.Rain or Marie as I see they can help. I guess I need some elemental buffs for the whole party, or possibly break Nunki more than Full Break+?

I'll try again in the week when I'm more refreshed and see how I get on.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh, I'm having trouble with Nunki today (well I just had 2 attempts with different party setups). Dealing damage isn't the problem, it's just units dying. I have Wilhelm (7*) provoking, Basch doing magic cover (and enough elemental resistance equipped), Lotus Mage Fina healing/re-raising and Maritime Strategist Nichol buffing. Wilhelm and Basch take the hits, but there seems to be an AoE which deals a great amount of damage to everyone else. I've got Hyoh (7*) and Sephiroth chaining and dealing enough damage, and Loren (6* only) using elemental attacks. I don't have the likes of HT Lid, Zarg, A.Rain or Marie as I see they can help. I guess I need some elemental buffs for the whole party, or possibly break Nunki more than Full Break+?

I'll try again later in the week.

It's the aoe phys attack that's probably hurting you. I used a phys aoe tank (used VoE cycling with aoe phys cover and ombi block to block status debuffs) and had cg fina keep her elemental resists up. Not sure if those breaks will suffice since they tend to have beefy stats. Better luck next time!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
ROFL tried Diabolos twice, that shit ain't happening. I need to go dig up some strats I guess cause he seems impossible. Got the Titan fight done tho, easy fight but missed half the missions.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't advise Diabolos well as I'd like cuz I'm pretty sure the game bugged out on me when I did my clear. His dispels stopped dispelling for like 10 turns. It was weird.

Non physical light damage could melt him but that was before Hyoh, so I imagine light demon killer hyohs would get him down well enough.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Just spent 14k Lapis trying to get 2nd Lunera or 2nd Loren.

Instead I got 2nd PG Lasswell, 3rd Fohlen, and 1st Gladiolus.

Think I should try again?

Im at 80k Lapis. Only 4 hours left til banner disappears.

norn

Oct 26, 2017

Auron/Jecht are just around the corner. Auron is going to have a longer lifespan than Loren so with 80k in the bank I wouldn't bother personally.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Auron/Jecht are just around the corner. Auron is going to have a longer lifespan than Loren so with 80k in the bank I wouldn't bother personally.
As far as MK events, it looks like we have FFVII with Tifa/Vincent, FFIII with new Luneth/Refia, then FFX with Auron/Jecht. So probably a couple months still but can't come soon enough!

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Right on. Thanks for your input. I'll hold off.

The only reason I was contemplating it at all is people have been going on and on about 7* Loren.
Loren is great but we have a number of strong breakers in the near future. Auron is her equal or better. Lid will be better at pure break values. Beowulf is likely out in March. And Kryla is probably going to have a strong break/imperil kit if you get (or got) lucky on her.

A UoC represents five months of resources (unless you live in southern California) so please think very carefully before you use them.

As far as MK events, it looks like we have FFVII with Tifa/Vincent, FFIII with new Luneth/Refia, then FFX with Auron/Jecht. So probably a couple months still but can't come soon enough!
Oh right, that garbage. Guess it's too much to hope that Gumi just quietly deletes that entire event the same way they deleted Secret of Mana.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Right on. Thanks for your input. I'll hold off.

The only reason I was contemplating it at all is people have been going on and on about 7* Loren.
It's the current flavor of the month... which will be replaced by Seig in 2weeks, possible the Christmas units in 3, and Xenogears in 4 weeks.

The Loren banner is pretty bad, so unless you really want him. That's probably the best choice

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Free 10+1, free daily and 5+1 ticket, I hoped I wouldn't land on limited rainbow units, I got what I wanted, no 5*.
I'm on a big no rainbow streak right now lol

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled a Rinoa, but it's a real useless pull. She's my first and her TMR sucks.

Oh wellllll, at least I got one.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Pulled a 2nd A2 while going for 9S, so that's pretty cool. I only had the one from the first event. I'm probably gonna try running a FD build on her.

Edit - Free 10+1 was a bunch of nothing. I was expecting that tbf.

Pulled a Rinoa, but it's a real useless pull. She's my first and her TMR sucks.

Oh wellllll, at least I got one.

Her TMR is decent for any throwing weapon-equipping MAG units like Ace or VotL. Otherwise, yeah, just one more for the collection I guess. :P

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Decided to at least go to the third step of the Nier banner for a guaranteed rainbow. Big mistake, as now I have an Aloha Lasswell that will rot in my unit list until the end of time.

Nothing from the 10+1, as usual.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Got Lunera #3 and Duke #2 from the 10+1, and pulled CG Lassworm after spending a couple of tickets (trying to round out amount).

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
No Rainbows on the 10+1 ticket here.

Which banner is this??

Loren is great but we have a number of strong breakers in the near future. Auron is her equal or better. Lid will be better at pure break values. Beowulf is likely out in March. And Kryla is probably going to have a strong break/imperil kit if you get (or got) lucky on her.

A UoC represents five months of resources (unless you live in southern California) so please think very carefully before you use them.

Hmm this is why I think I will hold off the UoC on Loren right now, was going to go for it. I'll use it for a unit I really need to help me clear something I'm quite stuck on and will help me for other fights.

Last edited:

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Got 3rd Helmless Kain on today's free multi since I can only pull dragoons, first rainbow I've gotten from them. His STMR seems incredibly useless for anyone but himself:

1H Spear +168 ATK, +15% HP & +50% Jump Damage

Reberta needs elemental offhand, Duke wants a Sword/GS + spear and Aranea/Cid want 2H Spear. Maybe good guy gumi will try to buff Kain again but actually do it right this time.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
No Rainbows on the 10+1 ticket here.

Which banner is this??

Hmm this is why I think I will hold off the UoC on Loren right now, was going to go for it. I'll use it for a unit I really need to help me clear something I'm quite stuck on and will help me for other fights.
Sorry I missed this question. Was referring to the 7* awakening step up banner with Lunera Loren Noctis Fohlen Gladiolus PGLasswell.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
We have news.

Careful with those "new" Support, Attack, Tank banners. Its again Gumi toying with words and putting desired unit pics.
Those banners will have such a wonderful units like Queen, Lightning, Dark Veritas, Marie.

DONT WASTE LAPIS TO THESE NEW BANNERS!

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
We have news.

Careful with those "new" Support, Attack, Tank banners. Its again Gumi toying with words and putting desired unit pics.
Those banners will have such a wonderful units like Queen, Lightning, Dark Veritas, Marie.

DONT WASTE LAPIS TO THESE NEW BANNERS!

I'm really offended that you put Queen with the rest of them.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Time to quote myself from the prediction post.

The following week is crucial to what happens in December. Historically, collabs get 2 weeks of dedicated time. But, in the 7* Era, that appears to have been thrown out the window. That opens up a lot of options. The 64 million gil question is whether or not Nier gets the 14 day collab treatment again. It's **possible** given how big the collab is. However, that's a lot of valuable time real estate in December that Gumi wouldn't really want to give up.

Well, Gumi did it, apparently. 14 days for Nier in December.

That will likely move the FF7 banner to behind the Christmas banner. Just Cause should be next week to coincide with its retail launch, followed by Sieghart and then the Xmas units.

And adding to the dogpile, this week is the trappiest trap of trap banners. Love the "one more chance" at Loren banner. Don't fall for it.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Got 3rd Helmless Kain on today's free multi since I can only pull dragoons, first rainbow I've gotten from them. His STMR seems incredibly useless for anyone but himself:

1H Spear +168 ATK, +15% HP & +50% Jump Damage

Reberta needs elemental offhand, Duke wants a Sword/GS + spear and Aranea/Cid want 2H Spear. Maybe good guy gumi will try to buff Kain again but actually do it right this time.

It will get a bit better when STMRs will proc the trust ability, at least. But that's still a ways off and yeah, I'm also hoping for some cool GL buffs for him. My account has been blessed with 5 AD Kains so far.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
It will get a bit better when STMRs will proc the trust ability, at least. But that's still a ways off and yeah, I'm also hoping for some cool GL buffs for him. My account has been blessed with 5 AD Kains so far.
Well his regular TM is quite nice so it's not especially hard to put his own hat on to proc the ability. It's just the fact that it's a slight upgrade to Crimson Blood that has little to no use for any other character as a STMR that's kinda cruddy. Even Noctis' is much better, which they did buff so there's hope!

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the fence about General Offensive.

Is there a unit in the future that gets an unrestricted hybrid attack materia of at least 30% in the future?

norn

Oct 26, 2017
A better question is: is it worth spending 5000 lapis for a 10%/10% boost over a 3* TM (Cater) when even if you were using a full hybrid who didn't benefit from just running TDH 2H like Kurasame, it would be your fourth or possibly fifth pick anyway after AdvV, Power of Creation, a killer materia, and a potential second killer materia?

The answer is no.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Some nostalgia from 10+1 freebie pull. All 11 were blue based unit. Except it started with rainbow and I got 2nd Potato.
I will 120 Potato and moogle Laevateinn and most likely moogle second Quintessence (from 2nd Mediena I got week ago) one can not have too many mages swinging rods ;).

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Well his regular TM is quite nice so it's not especially hard to put his own hat on to proc the ability. It's just the fact that it's a slight upgrade to Crimson Blood that has little to no use for any other character as a STMR that's kinda cruddy. Even Noctis' is much better, which they did buff so there's hope!

Yeah, for sure. I meant that more for Reberta for instance, where you could replace Crimson Blood with any other, more powerful weapon, in this case AD Kain's STMR.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for sure. I meant that more for Reberta for instance, where you could replace Crimson Blood with any other, more powerful weapon, in this case AD Kain's STMR.
Got ya. Yes, that will be a great change for her! Although it's so far out that I may be forced to finally stop using her by then...

Enhancements news today, but Gladio is the only 5*? Since when is that how it works?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And nothing from today's 10+1, as well. This month has royally sucked.

Because Gladio's enhancements need to done and out of the way so Seighart can be cleared for release.
Let me join you in #NoRainbowNovember despite all the free pulls.

7f43ac5b-c603-4b2c-97wje4p.png

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
10 + 1 today was a bust for me as well. Wasn't too bummed out since I got incredibly lucky getting my second 2B from a 4* raid ticket last night. Was saving lapis to go for the third step, but don't have to now.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
10 blues and 1 gold for me. This month has been the greatest month for me personally. New record of 27 rainbows this month was absolute insanity.