• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This month has been the worst for me in terms of rainbows. My free 10+1 was standard "fuck you, clean out your unit box again" blue and gold trash.

Really hoping December is a bit of a turnaround for my account, but considering there's no way in hell I'm spending lapis on the Christmas banner, I'm guessing it won't be...

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
This month has been the worst for me in terms of rainbows. My free 10+1 was standard "fuck you, clean out your unit box again" blue and gold trash.

Really hoping December is a bit of a turnaround for my account, but considering there's no way in hell I'm spending lapis on the Christmas banner, I'm guessing it won't be...

Same here. Not a single rainbow from all these pulls. Fuck me.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
lol no rainbow from 10+1 (got none too from all free 10+1 and daily this month), but decide to do some pull and got 2nd A2 in 6th ticket.

There goes all my luck. She is the only thing that I want. Need her for Lasswell chaining partner.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Blue Daily Summon turned to Gold...I was hoping for it to turn to a Rainbow as I can't remember the last time that actually happened. It turned into a Rainbow!!! :o

Livid Shantotto

Hmm, well that's new. Don't know much about her and if I'll actually put her to use in a fight, TM seems nice though. It's a new 5* base unit so I can't complain :)

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, well that's new. Don't know much about her and if I'll actually put her to use in a fight, TM seems nice though. It's a new 5* base unit so I can't complain :)

Yesterdays freebie 10+1 I pulled 2nd Potato. For nostalgia reasons my first tm farm (I made manually from 0% -> 100%) I had 4 Shantooters so I figured I will get her TM (nice rod) and 7* Potato. But I won't use my cactuars (except Jumbos from raid) to her, but instead I run with some exp gear (2.3x xp bonus) in exp dungeon with nrg I have.

No clue what I do with her when its 120 but whatever I just want it to be max lvl. Maybe someday I pull 2 more for that sweet sweet stmr :D.

Without nostalgia she would most likely been either 1x6* 100lvl & 1x5* 1lvl or 101 level 7*.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterdays freebie 10+1 I pulled 2nd Potato. For nostalgia reasons my first tm farm (I made manually from 0% -> 100%) I had 4 Shantooters so I figured I will get her TM (nice rod) and 7* Potato. But I won't use my cactuars (except Jumbos from raid) to her, but instead I run with some exp gear (2.3x xp bonus) in exp dungeon with nrg I have.

No clue what I do with her when its 120 but whatever I just want it to be max lvl. Maybe someday I pull 2 more for that sweet sweet stmr :D.

Without nostalgia she would most likely been either 1x6* 100lvl & 1x5* 1lvl or 101 level 7*.

And now i understand your previous post! :p
Didn't quite pick up on the Potato thing lol.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Dataminers don"t see any signs of Just Cause happening next week, but....

... if no JC next week, then Sieghart event will occur. (Dec 7)

... then, at fan festa, FF7 will be announced to start the following week. Dataminers can now see the Mog King event. (Dec 13)

... Xmas units the following week (Dec 20)

... End of year collab is starting to look like some kind GLEX variation of a rerun of Secret of Mana. (Dec 27)

Next 7* awakening "locks": Cloud, Seph, Raegan, CG Nichol.

No signs of CG Fina or Basch 7*. Rumor mill has it that Fina will come after Folka, and Basch after Chow.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Dataminers don"t see any signs of Just Cause happening next week, but....

... if no JC next week, then Sieghart event will occur. (Dec 7)

... then, at fan festa, FF7 will be announced to start the following week. Dataminers can now see the Mog King event. (Dec 13)

... Xmas units the following week (Dec 20)

... End of year collab is starting to look like some kind GLEX variation of a rerun of Secret of Mana. (Dec 27)

Next 7* awakening "locks": Cloud, Seph, Raegan, CG Nichol.

No signs of CG Fina or Basch 7*. Rumor mill has it that Fina will come after Folka, and Basch after Chow.

For what it's worth my Rise's helm turned into Lise's Helm (Lise's TM) this morning on my equipment guide. Been translated forever but this is the first time its changed. Had it on my equipment list through some sort of glitch since I restarted. do NOT have the item.

I'm excited for 7* Raegan and CG Nichol!

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have 4 maxed out Sephs, so a single 7* with super trust reward sound appealing to me.
Saddly I haven't unable to pull 2B or A2 from this banner. All other characters I have, but none are interesting to me.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Man, CG Nichol is a big one for me. I use him in EVERY party and have 3 of him.

Cloud I may finally use my first UoC just for his TMR which I have none of, but have 2 Marshall Gloves, 7* Hyoh, and 7* Fryevia STMR.

Edit: Fan Festa free daily summon was 3rd Noctis.

Last edited:

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I have four CG Nichol and three CG Raegen, so this is a big win for me.

I am a bit confused why CG Fina isn't first though...

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
too powerful...

CG Raegan is TDW so never was meta at 7*. Easy to assign to a later 7* batch, Looking forward to Colorful Lei'ing him and seeing if I can push some TDW.

CG Nichol gets replaced by Ignacio 7* ( at least I think so) and they can't wait that long so why not make him on time?

CG Fina is replaced by Folka, who is next month, and they apparently have enough characters left to 7* after this month so why not delay her until afterwards.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next awakening batch is coming soon? I'm really hoping for an awakening batch->banner that has Basch,Yuna, and Lid as I still need seconds for those 3.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I am a bit confused why CG Fina isn't first though...

Because Folka is around a month away, and if there if a freshly ascended 7* healer, then people may not be hungry for a new healer.

-----

Checklist of who is left to be 7* awakened (non-limited units)
------------------------------------------------------------
Cloud
Sephiroth
CG Fina
CG Raegan
CG Nichol
CG Lid
CD Jake
Basch
Yuna
Lulu
Aranea
Prompto
Kunshira
Shera
AD Kain
Jiraiya
Lila
Duke
Mediena
PS Rydia

20 units total. That could be 2 or 3 batches, depending how Gumi decides to split them up.

Gumi seems to be hanging onto units for either themed events or until after their powercreeped version arrives.

Cloud and Seph were obviously held back for the upcoming FF7 event.
If there are 3 batches, it is possible for Yuna and Lulu to be held back long enough for the FF10 event to happen. (Lid would surely be held back until after Auron was released)
Basch won't happen until after Sieghard for sure, and possibly until after 7* Chow.
Who knows on the rest of them? There could be some weird GLEX Valentine's day event with Jake and Lid for anyone knows at this point.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Reached the end of the story for this month, and that ending was de-lish-ous.

It's been way too long since there was a truly dark twist ending to a FFBE story.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Because Folka is around a month away, and if there if a freshly ascended 7* healer, then people may not be hungry for a new healer.

-----

Checklist of who is left to be 7* awakened (non-limited units)

3 Dragoon left.

I wish they manage to make at least 1 of them relevant. Reberta is already good for burst damage but not enough to rival new TDH pr TDW unit.

Aranea with TDH and some global exclusive buff might have chances.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
One Hit Reberta does it again.

3 star Leviathan goes down hard in a OTKO via chain capped red vengeance.

Last edited:

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
One Hit Reberta does it again.

3 star Leviathan goes down hard in a OTKO via chain capped red vengeance.
It's insane. She can one-shot Leviathan who isn't a dragon or human... I wonder what the first dragon/human boss will be that can actually take one of her hits. Don't even need fancy chainers, just pods or tornados or whatever.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
My free daily pull got my a Citra so that's cool, I guess. Haven't been playing much these past few weeks. Just saw there are two new step-ups and the one with Hyoh is tempting but I'm going to pass on it.

Happy about CG Nichol though. I only have one but I'm good with using a ticket for a 2nd one.

Just so I'm up to speed - we should have 18 5* select tickets, right?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
My free daily pull got my a Citra so that's cool, I guess. Haven't been playing much these past few weeks. Just saw there are two new step-ups and the one with Hyoh is tempting but I'm going to pass on it.

Happy about CG Nichol though. I only have one but I'm good with using a ticket for a 2nd one.

The step-ups aren't what you think they are.

It's not just the three featured unit on the graphic - it's something like a pool 8 units deep.

Don't think about NOT avoiding them.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's insane. She can one-shot Leviathan who isn't a dragon or human... I wonder what the first dragon/human boss will be that can actually take one of her hits. Don't even need fancy chainers, just pods or tornados or whatever.
I... oh shit. Assuming dispel, maybe an ATK buffer, then double chaining Tornados (two barbies, one a 7*) and just dropping Red Vengeance on it? My Reberta even has Lightning Saber as one of her weapons... hm......

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I actually have 19 5* select tickets.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Some new notes out today. UoC tickets on the 7th and 21st.

My best guess is: Sieg > ? (maybe Fan Festa) > FF7 > Christmas.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I need a 7* physical tank so bad.
Currently playing with 6* Basch but he can't provoke natively.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Im good with 7* Willy and 6* Basch, but I'd love a 7* magic tank.

How is Sieg with magic?

I'm actually seriously considering using my first 10 UoC tickets for a 2nd Ayaka. I want her 7*, but she does everything so well at 6*. Sigh... I'll probably just continue to hoard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Im good with 7* Willy and 6* Basch, but I'd love a 7* magic tank.

How is Sieg with magic?

I'm actually seriously considering using my first 10 UoC tickets for a 2nd Ayaka. I want her 7*, but she does everything so well at 6*. Sigh... I'll probably just continue to hoard.
His magic cover is on a cooldown like Merc Ramza, it's 2 turns instead of 3, could be good or bad depending on the situation.
Otherwise a CD 90% magic mitigation for one turn like A.Rain.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My free pull Rainbow drought ended; I got my 4th Gilgamesh. I'll have to get another Genji Glove or two first; but the helmet seems decent.

ll2QTpF.jpg

Cleared Leviathan 3* as well. Took a couple of tries to work my around a good setup; ended up deciding to push Roy to 7* after Lid was a bit too squishy without Zarg or Nichol to help boost the defenses. Roy ended up being pretty action efficient with his new 7* song . I guess he was always action efficient but that new song is great. Of course the awkwardness of bards meant that the final turn there was no buffs or debuffs on anyone after dispelling the shield and the water imbue on my team.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible idea. Ayaka's 7* is not worth a UoC. If you want a 7* healer, wait for Folka in January. Ayaka's the least relevant 5* healer in future content as I understand it.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
What level do I need a King Minitaur to be in order to level someone from 1->80, and then 1->100?

Assuming no overage of XP via great/amazing boosts.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
What makes CG Fina more relevant than Ayaka?
I am not a JP player, but as I understand it, Fina's niche of every-turn party reraise still has applications in certain content and/or certain party makeups. 27 cost LB with innate 100% gain makes it pretty reliable. She can't do much else of note, but she maintains that niche. Ayaka is just a meat-and-potatoes healer; Folka does basically everything she does and more, save Dispelga and Stop removal - but she does have Charm removal not tied to her LB and she can prevent both statuses. The barriers don't seem to mean much.

I could be totally off-base. I should ask some of the JP cats in Discord.

e: "Ayaka's niche isn't much of a niche any more. Plenty of healers now pack stop immunity, resist and heal. The barriers are a nice bonus but not worth bringing someone specifically for." from Winny. So there you go, straight from the bear's mouth.

Last edited:

OutOfBounds

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin, GER
I am not a JP player, but as I understand it, Fina's niche of every-turn party reraise still has applications in certain content and/or certain party makeups. 27 cost LB with innate 100% gain makes it pretty reliable. She can't do much else of note, but she maintains that niche. Ayaka is just a meat-and-potatoes healer; Folka does basically everything she does and more, save Dispelga and Stop removal - but she does have Charm removal not tied to her LB and she can prevent both statuses. The barriers don't seem to mean much.

I could be totally off-base. I should ask some of the JP cats in Discord.

e: "Ayaka's niche isn't much of a niche any more. Plenty of healers now pack stop immunity, resist and heal. The barriers are a nice bonus but not worth bringing someone specifically for." from Winny. So there you go, straight from the bear's mouth.

Ah, thank you for that norn and Winny. Seems like Folka will be the unit to pull for.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
IvihkuF.png

Announced at JP Fan Festa,

90% chance to be an Alchemist Code FFBE-reskin since Gumi is credited in the announcement tease for 2019. :/
People are praying that Hiroki's words left the door slightly open for this to be a console FFBE-skinned FFT, but I seriously doubt it in 2019.

Also, Kingdom Hearts collab was announced (more like teased) for JP to coincide with the game's late January launch. 99+% chance there will a simultaneous "Global Version" of all the KH units that will be released. Expect SQEX created characters (Sora, Roxas, Kairi, etc.) and not characters that are Disney characters.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Taking a break from the discord channel for awhile. Maybe a break from the game as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
IvihkuF.png

Announced at JP Fan Festa,

90% chance to be an Alchemist Code FFBE-reskin since Gumi is credited in the announcement tease for 2019. :/
People are praying that Hiroki's words left the door slightly open for this to be a console FFBE-skinned FFT, but I seriously doubt it in 2019.

Also, Kingdom Hearts collab was announced (more like teased) for JP to coincide with the game's late January launch. 99+% chance there will a simultaneous "Global Version" of all the KH units that will be released. Expect SQEX created characters (Sora, Roxas, Kairi, etc.) and not characters that are Disney characters.

I'mma say we probably won't get nerfed KH units. The fact that the KH unit they teased is KH1 Sora specifically means they're likely doing more than one KH banner.

Also, Sora, Riku and Kairi are Disney characters. Disney owns all of the original KH cast.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Another free 10+1 and still no rainbow, it is truly my longest no rainbow streak since the 3% rates damn.
Hopefully this means more luck for Sieghard.