• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I avoid limited banners like the plague, especially if I don't already have the first copy from a previous event. NieR is especially bad to me because A2 & 2B's TMs are pretty awful, so just getting a single really is useless. No dailies, no tickets, no disappointment.

Yeah, I already had A2, so it would've been fine if that rainbow was her. Now I have one of each of them and they're both useless at 6* in the current meta.

Oh well. It's not like I spent any lapis, I got her off of a random solo ticket I spent.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Took down Leviathan. Not too difficult.

Lakshmi three star really did unlock a lot of trials for me. As good as any five star pull.

But I still maintain, it's sad to have conquered all content.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Testing.... I'm not accidentally shadowbanned around here anymore? Cool. Thanks to PlanetSmasher for the assist in getting the ball rolling to fix my semi-corrupted account.

Got two rainbows lately, Balthier (1st) from the 10+1 (bleh), and then Olive (2nd) yesterday from the half price on the Nier banner. Feels somewhat good to finally catch up to where everyone was a couple of months ago with Olive, rofl.

No 7* tank means that i'm going "in" for Sieg on Friday. Been planning this one for a good while now.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
kinda off topic but: I'm deciding on buying a tablet to play some of my apps like FFBE and among other things, I was wondering if the amazon fire HD 8 tablet runs games like FFBE?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
kinda off topic but: I'm deciding on buying a tablet to play some of my apps like FFBE and among other things, I was wondering if the amazon fire HD 8 tablet runs games like FFBE?
I got a Fire HD 8 a couple years ago specifically to play Puzzle and Dragons (and FFBE, but I've since dropped that alt acct). I dunno how newer generation models would handle it, but mine ran real bad in FFBE, but it didn't get in the way of chaining. If your main reason for getting one is just to have a machine for playing FFBE, it'll do it, and very cheaply. Oh, if you ever plan on doing IAP on it there are often deals on Amazon coins which basically means you can buy your lapis for less than it's actual cost. It's minor but will add up over time if you're a big spender.

Aside from the few games I run on it, I kind of hate the thing itself as a tablet tho. I never went thru whatever hassle was required to get the Google Play store on it, but Amazon's app store is a hot trashfire. If you have Amazon Prime you will get some decent functionality out of it, but it's basically a front end to keep you engaged in their marketplace.

edit: now that I think about it, I think the major source of "running real bad" in FFBE was the (I think) Valentine's event last year (the one with Ang and the dog) that ran bad for everyone? So take that comment with a grain of salt, it might be totally fine now with a newer gen model.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
yesterday went for broke on another step for Nier, Had 2 A2 (so 1 7*) and 1 2B (i.e. worthless) so I figured any on banner rainbow is worth (3rd A2 means with mixer I have an STMR 2nd 2B is obvious)

and it didn't work out.

but apparently sometime between the 10+1 on monday (where I got my second Aranea) and today I got a Roberta (my second) and today I pulled a Citra (my first). I'm pretty sure that Roberta was not duped because I have literally never used my first copy of her (she insta-TMd with the raid moogle)

from a helping mages point of view which would be better. TM Yuna (for High SPR staff for 7* healers), Citra (for 60% SPR TM) or Magna (for the 50% TDHMagic to stack with Unmatched Wizardry on someone like BSS)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't have a 7* physical tank, you gotta pull tomorrow https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...t_review_sieghard_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

• What can I tell you: Sieghard is amazing and fabulous.
    Despite many people not liking him in the story, he as a tank is fantastic. There are almost no downsides to his kit. Not now nor in the future. Even with Galuf being around in JP, who isn't the biggest upgrade to be fair, Sieghard is still amazing. He has been the MVP for many many trials and for good reason.
    Huge stats, great access to different builds, easy balance of DEF, SPR and elemental resistance, huge AoE mitigation coming from his Limit Burst. The only thing that does bother me about his kit is the lack of counters, but in all honesty: with all of Sieghard's great aspects I don't think the counters will change a whole lot. If you need counters and don't need survivability you can even equip him with the Black Belt if you want.
    Overall he doesn't outclass other tanks straight up as they all have their unique thing to go with. M.Ramza has Entrust and good ele resistances, Wilhelm has high counter rates and his high mitigation, Demon Rain has Entrust and imperils with guaranteed counter chances. Most importantly: You don't "need" Sieghard. If you are rocking your M.Ramza, that's completely fine. But let me tell you that Sieghard will make your life a lot easier and I guarantee you that future trials will favour him over others in most team compositions.
    If you lack a 7* physical tank or if you don't have Wilhelm / Demon Rain, even with M.Ramza I'd still recommend you to pull. With Wilhelm you can skip quite easily. An 11k step up isn't too costly and he doesn't share his banner with anyone either. At the end his TMR is incredible, too.

Sieghard is a massive tank with a very bright future, which can't be said about many units nowadays.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't have a 7* physical tank, you gotta pull tomorrow https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...t_review_sieghard_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

• What can I tell you: Sieghard is amazing and fabulous.
    Despite many people not liking him in the story, he as a tank is fantastic. There are almost no downsides to his kit. Not now nor in the future. Even with Galuf being around in JP, who isn't the biggest upgrade to be fair, Sieghard is still amazing. He has been the MVP for many many trials and for good reason.
    Huge stats, great access to different builds, easy balance of DEF, SPR and elemental resistance, huge AoE mitigation coming from his Limit Burst. The only thing that does bother me about his kit is the lack of counters, but in all honesty: with all of Sieghard's great aspects I don't think the counters will change a whole lot. If you need counters and don't need survivability you can even equip him with the Black Belt if you want.
    Overall he doesn't outclass other tanks straight up as they all have their unique thing to go with. M.Ramza has Entrust and good ele resistances, Wilhelm has high counter rates and his high mitigation, Demon Rain has Entrust and imperils with guaranteed counter chances. Most importantly: You don't "need" Sieghard. If you are rocking your M.Ramza, that's completely fine. But let me tell you that Sieghard will make your life a lot easier and I guarantee you that future trials will favour him over others in most team compositions.
    If you lack a 7* physical tank or if you don't have Wilhelm / Demon Rain, even with M.Ramza I'd still recommend you to pull. With Wilhelm you can skip quite easily. An 11k step up isn't too costly and he doesn't share his banner with anyone either. At the end his TMR is incredible, too.

Sieghard is a massive tank with a very bright future, which can't be said about many units nowadays.
Ha my biggest takeaway from this is that GALUF of all characters becomes a powerhouse of sorts? The elderly normally get NO respect in Final Fantasy!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really excited to pull for Sieghard. Even if I get just one of him, he's a prime candidate for my UoC tickets

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see the rest of the protagonist series. Pretty funny Lightning was the guinea pig once again. Hopefully the super bosses like Neo Exdeath will go hand in hand with the rest too, excited for the possibilities of those.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Do they?? They've been doing a good job avoiding that for the last... year or so?
They're trying at least.

nXWz2qK.png

Pretty funny physical DPS have the hardest time to get top ranks. (in before Altema is biased :p)

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Hey fam, it's been a while since I posted but hope everyone is doing well!

I've almost made it back up to the most lapis I've held at one time which was before I mega splurged on the FFVIII banner (and then some more on Hyoh). I'm not going to get there right now though because Sieghard is the first of the units I was waiting for so time to pull again at last! I can't for the life of me beat Odin and after checking out EvilLaughter's video I'm pretty sure WoL is what's holding me back as even with evasion, he's obliterated by Odin's magic attacks and whatever else isn't dodge-able. Hopefully I can scoop up Sieg and finally take that fucker down!

Kourizan, you and I have swapped places with currencies collected, I used to have a decent amount more lapis than you but you had far more tickets and now it's the other way around haha Well, really it's only the 4* that I have a lot more in. I'm currently sitting at:

Nearly 132k lapis

2 30% 5* summon tickets

10 10% 5* summon tickets

121 4* Guaranteed tickets

492 Rare summon tickets

7 10+1 Summon tickets

5 5* Guaranteed EX tickets

6 4* Guaranteed EX tickets

24 Ex Summon tickets

I wish Sieg had the 25k guaranteed step up. As is, it's going to be tough to get him from his step up and after that there's no sense in using lapis, that should be saved for step ups (just speaking for my strategy, not hating on those of you that spend it freely) which means tickets. I was planning on saving my tickets for Elly though with Nier, apparently they'll start incorporating step ups with limited now? That'd be great if Xenogears had a step up. In any case, I'll have to decide on how much of my resources I'm willing to spend on Sieg. I have a great need of him as I don't have a 5* base physical tank (although I have a single merc ramza). I think Sieg will make the trials I'm struggling with and future trials far easier. At least I hope! The good news is I don't need to save anything for Yuraisha anymore as I finally managed to pull a CG Nichol! The one diamond amidst a sea of blues from all the free pulls of late. I'm quite possibly going to use the UoC tickets to get a dupe Nichol and a dupe Sieg or Awakened Rain if I'm not lucky enough to get two Sieg's. Part of me wants to save them for future crazy units but the aforementioned units are future proof enough and meta enough to be worth spending those tickets on so I shouldn't feel regret if I spend them that way.

It used to be that Xeno should come out this month and the Jecht/Auron banner next month but now with some surprises, who knows? It's funny that Xenogears came out in this game because I've always disliked having crossovers in this game, wanting a pure FF experience but I haven't wished them away because they make many other people happy. At one point I thought about if there was a Square IP that I'd dig seeing and the one I thought of was Xenogears and lo and behold, a few months later it came out in Japan ha All the more crazy because I had started a new play session with a couple friends that hadn't played it before in that time frame (alas, I've moved to another city so we may never finish it together). The Xeno characters being so powerful is pretty sweet though wtf at putting Maria in over Rico? There were a bunch of characters with larger roles than her haha

I continue to dig the story and what an interesting place to end the last story chapter. Looking forward to this month's chapter! I'm all the more interested to see Akstar's story event now ;)

Has anyone else had to create multiple 7* units just to burn some gil after hitting the cap? Haha It happened to me last Raid and I'm going to have to do it again when I cash in the coins from the current one to sell all the gil turtles...

Also, it's pretty frustrating that all 5* based units, leveled and most geared some even at 7*, can't succeed every time at supercite explorations! B grade missions my ass! What's more ridiculous is that I can get a Great or Amazing with the exact same group that fails at times...wtf??? I'd understand if I wasn't addressing the right stat categories but how can I get different results with such high units on B grade missions? Complete BS. Shouldn't be RNG for something like this.

So, those splurging for Sieg, are you going to start going ham right at reset? Or are your superstitious enough to wait for a particular time of day?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, please not Yuffie. Kill me now

Yuffie was the reason Fixed Dice got nerfed on JP. She was soloing (OTKO?) the latest trials at her release, she's that strong.

Finally got by Leviathan. Had to do it the budget way. Ugh.... that was so, so painful. Felt like I was fighing Aigaion the hard way all over again.

I'm ready to throw my stash at Sieg tomorrow.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So, those splurging for Sieg, are you going to start going ham right at reset? Or are your superstitious enough to wait for a particular time of day?

Superstitiously, I have incredibly terrible luck pulling rainbows during the early morning before work. Conveniently, my better half is arriving on a flight tomorrow night. I'll jointly pull with her when she arrives.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So happy i've Got 7* Willy, he isn't as good as seig, but he is here, done, maxes, TM'd and ready to go.

It lets me wallow in my 185 lapis, and I can hopefully get back up to 6k+ after the weekend raid

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Yuffie was the reason Fixed Dice got nerfed on JP. She was soloing (OTKO?) the latest trials at her release, she's that strong.

Finally got by Leviathan. Had to do it the budget way. Ugh.... that was so, so painful. Felt like I was fighing Aigaion the hard way all over again.

I'm ready to throw my stash at Sieg tomorrow.
Err... you could've just one-shot it turn 2 with my Reberta. Or stall for enough turns to summon the espers (pretty easy to not take damage >80%) and then blow it up whenever.

I'm sitting this one out, but good luck to anyone going for Sieg tomorrow!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Err... you could've just one-shot it turn 2 with my Reberta. Or stall for enough turns to summon the espers (pretty easy to not take damage >80%) and then blow it up whenever.

Keep your Reberta up. I have not done the Levi fight yet. Been using my energy to story and to idle (well I have run raid, ranking 42k)

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
got Flame Veritas in 3rd step (wrong Veritas duh)

and SIEGHART on 5th step .

So happy, he is gonna be my first 7* tank after UoC.

Not gonna use anymore ticket. I need to hoard for Chow (since you can't use UoC)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got a Siggy after about 10 tickets. Rest of my 20-odd tickets were poopy, but 1 Siggy is way more than I was expecting. I've got about 7k lapis on me, think it's worth it to do the first 3 banner steps over a regular 10+1? Probably, eh? It's only 7 pulls as opposed to 11, but the minor rate up is probably worth it, and there's the off chance I can farm up a 2k lapis to do a 5k pull by the time the banner is up anyways...

At any rate it's all just icing at this point cause I got 1 and UoC's to spend, I'm beyond happy enough.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Got a Siggy after about 10 tickets. Rest of my 20-odd tickets were poopy, but 1 Siggy is way more than I was expecting. I've got about 7k lapis on me, think it's worth it to do the first 3 banner steps over a regular 10+1? Probably, eh? It's only 7 pulls as opposed to 11, but the minor rate up is probably worth it, and there's the off chance I can farm up a 2k lapis to do a 5k pull by the time the banner is up anyways...

At any rate it's all just icing at this point cause I got 1 and UoC's to spend, I'm beyond happy enough.
Story event's good for 3700 or whatever so you can finish the step-up before it goes away.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't get a single rainbow from the Sieghard banner. The final step was 2 golds and 9 blues.
Immediately closed down the app and watched Joker in Smash reaction videos to take the sting away.

Shit.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
No 500. Just did the first step of the step up banner. It was a single pull
Ahh ok. Well well well done. I didn't check the banner at all cause I don't need Sieg at the moment.

Didn't get a single rainbow from the Sieghard banner. The final step was 2 golds and 9 blues.
Immediately closed down the app and watched Joker in Smash reaction videos to take the sting away.

Shit.

That happened me in 11k Hyoh banner, 0 rainbows.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely nothing from the step up, this is why I never summon...
My longest no rainbow streak continues~

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Here's my nearly finished boy

rbjumO5.png

Used him and Lilith to finally down 3 star Golem. Sucks I only have enough evade gear to hit like 85% so it was a little strugglebus, but still got it done. Legitimately thinking about tossing a UoC at Noctis #2 for another evade ring. Now that I have Sieg, I can't think of anything I want on the horizon. Maybe whatever the new hotness 7* mage is as I've never had much of a deep bench of those. There are a handful of other TMRs I'm missing (Marshall Glove 2 would be nice) but I think not being able to 100% evade is the only potential hurdle to actually clearing content I'm otherwise just to lazy to finish.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, took 42 4* tickets and 18 3* tickets, that was a pretty awful experience.
Even used the 5+1 ticket to break the monotomy and got a second Fina, looks like I'm skipping Folka as I said I would if I got a 7* healer before her event, might try the step up though.

Misclicked once and used a 30% 5* ticket, got Livid Shantotto, pls kill me. Other rainbows were Jake and Hyoh.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Step up got me 1 Sieghard.

Over 100 tickets got me 1st PG Lasswell, 2nd Ace, 1st Cloud, and finally a 2nd Seighard.

Only have 6 tickets left(all 4 star)

Guess I'll use a UoC for a 2nd Awakened Rain and I'll never have to worry about tanks again.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sieghard graced me with crazy luck today. 10 3* tickets and 4 4* tickets got me my first Ignis and first Sieghard. Step 1 of the banner came down rainbow for Sieghard 2. RIP luck for awhile with that luck haha. Happy to get him since I didn't have any 7* physical tanks.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry guys, been too busy with work :(

Ooof, Siegfart is next. As much as I am amused by his flamboyance, I really have enough tanks already, and I just want Tifa and Vincent.
Why are you delaying them so much gumi? My heart.

This is how I'm feeling, I want Tifa and Vincent! :) I have a 7* Wilhelm, but I might use up some tickets as I've got to clear out my unit list from Raid rewards anyway, will see if I get lucky.

So I uh.....I pulled 10000 lapis.........

I don't know if Sieghart is still in the cards with how much luck I must have just drained.

Wow!! Amazing, congrats :)

Oh god, please not Yuffie. Kill me now

What's wrong with Yuffie? :p

Just getting through my Raid summons (hadn't done it once since it started...). Taking a long time. I have 200 tickets so may use a few after :p. I've been catching up on Esper fights recently, just got 3* Odin left, and also getting through the story (was 3 updates behind).

Edit: Oh wow! Decided to try the Step-Up, on Step 2 I got Sieghard!! :o Blue > Gold > Rainbow

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Between step up and a lot of tickets including a 30% I got a third seph, third fry, and a sieg. Not bad. I'll probably uoc a second one if i don't get another by then

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not pulling for Seighart, but just stopping by to see how others did. Congrats to those who got him if you wanted him.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats on all the winners from the Sieg sweepstakes!! I won't be pulling with you, but sending good vibes your way!!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I got my second Wilhelm on the fifth step, oh well, I'll take him Gumi lol
MIght not have been the tank you wanted, but hey its a 7* tank! My Wilhelm is awesome, especially now that I have easier 100% evasion. all physical is dealt with and enough HP so that the magic damage doesn't destroy him. 100% provoke and LB Damage mitigation for the team makes a real nice 3 turn rotation.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on those pulling Sieg!

Ok this event is pretty great, but man I gotta play Smash lol

I only finished the first two stages of the story event, but it's fantastic so far. Sieghart and his family are amazing. If I didn't have Wilhelm I'd absolutely be pulling on this banner.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats to those that pulled the ever fabulous Sieg! Kouri, did you get two of him with that attempt or is that what it took to get one of him? Other than it killing the 4* reserve, you're in great shape to get other units down the road so don't sweat it, this is a meta unit after all! You won't have to worry about Phy Tank for a long ass time.

I decided to prove to myself there's no magical hours and just go for it soon after the reset. Did the half of single pull which was nadda, then the step up which was nadda all the way until the fifth step where I saw a single rainbow and it was Sieg! Wohoo! So then I decide to use some tickets to get a dupe but which ones? I decided to finally use some 10% 5* tickets for the first time as they are 90% blues after all, not too valuable, right? On the fifth of those tickets, a gold turned into a rainbow and it was my second Sieg! Wohoooooo! I finally can upgrade from WoL! lol You served me well, sweet prince of the light. It's amazing how much Sieg's HP dwarfs WoL even though that should be expected with 7* versus 6* but yeesh! and finally a unit with over 1k Defense :D I was so focused on getting damage dealers for so long that it feels nice to finally be rounding out the team with strong units for other roles. I should probably use one of my UoC to get a dupe Rain soon but I'll probably wait until I farm more tmrs for him to equip or I encounter something where I really need his 7* abilities.

Kourizan, we continue to march on with our massive hoards with our fabulous tank in tow hehe We performed....beautifully! Speaking of, Sieg's family is ridiculous! I'm having fun with this story event haha It's going to pull off being funny and entertaining while still covering the one question we had about him I think, how he chose Dark Fina as his rival.

Congrats to Andvary too! A 7* Wilhelm has you set! Good luck to everyone who has yet to pull but plans to!

Superstitiously, I have incredibly terrible luck pulling rainbows during the early morning before work. Conveniently, my better half is arriving on a flight tomorrow night. I'll jointly pull with her when she arrives.
Nice! That's cute, I wish the two of you much luck in pulling Sieg!

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
So this Fan Festa Raid is for the weekend only?

That's new, odd, and kinda stupid... How are we supposed to get 2M raid points in 2 days?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to those that pulled the ever fabulous Sieg! Kouri, did you get two of him with that attempt or is that what it took to get one of him? Other than it killing the 4* reserve, you're in great shape to get other units down the road so don't sweat it, this is a meta unit after all! You won't have to worry about Phy Tank for a long ass time.

I decided to prove to myself there's no magical hours and just go for it soon after the reset. Did the half of single pull which was nadda, then the step up which was nadda all the way until the fifth step where I saw a single rainbow and it was Sieg! Wohoo! So then I decide to use some tickets to get a dupe but which ones? I decided to finally use some 10% 5* tickets for the first time as they are 90% blues after all, not too valuable, right? On the fifth of those tickets, a gold turned into a rainbow and it was my second Sieg! Wohoooooo! I finally can upgrade from WoL! lol You served me well, sweet prince of the light. It's amazing how much Sieg's HP dwarfs WoL even though that should be expected with 7* versus 6* but yeesh! and finally a unit with over 1k Defense :D I was so focused on getting damage dealers for so long that it feels nice to finally be rounding out the team with strong units for other roles. I should probably use one of my UoC to get a dupe Rain soon but I'll probably wait until I farm more tmrs for him to equip or I encounter something where I really need his 7* abilities.

Kourizan, we continue to march on with our massive hoards with our fabulous tank in tow hehe We performed....beautifully! Speaking of, Sieg's family is ridiculous! I'm having fun with this story event haha It's going to pull off being funny and entertaining while still covering the one question we had about him I think, how he chose Dark Fina as his rival.

Congrats to Andvary too! A 7* Wilhelm has you set! Good luck to everyone who has yet to pull but plans to!

Nice! That's cute, I wish the two of you much luck in pulling Sieg!
If this pulling session taught me something, is I need all I can get for my 4 Golbez since he's even on a double rainbows banner.
I think I'll still try my luck for Folka as her MP regen capabilities are really neat.
And yes I got him at 7*, one in those 42 4* tickets and the other one with 3*

Going from WoL to Sieg can be pretty shocking haha

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I think the raid rewards are cumulative for everyone for this raid. It's supposed to be a community event.
I hope so. At least that makes sense.

Wilhelm and Fryevia are my only STMR units, so Ill be hoarding again this week. Yesterday I actually pulled an A2 doing daily free pulls. And I used 5 4* tix to get 2nd Pod 153.

I cant wait for the next banner that's actually worth pulling on. I have such a stockpile (~220 tix and ~90k Lapis) and I want to use it. Lately I've been feeling like my stockpile is useless if I never use it.

Also Ive been blasting through the game story trying to catch up and get back into the game. I'm up to Jima Wetlands. Maybe once I catch up on story Ill try some of many trials I've been ignoring. I think at this point there may actually be more trials that I havent done than I have done. They've been releasing them pretty frequently the past few months.

Good luck to those pulling for Sieg! I'm still waiting for a chance to grab a top tier magic tank and healer. I'm still relying on 6* Ayaka and Basch for those roles. Actually, I've taken advantage of Awakened Rain friend units more than once.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
So I got my new tablet but now when I sign in everything but my lapis transferred over; is there any way to solve this?