• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PRAISE FAN FESTA FOR FINALLY GIVING ME 7* BARB

Is Popstar Katy worth it to get TMR for? Don't have a summoner/evoker besides Kydia, though not sure how to really even use one effectively

creid

Jan 2, 2018
Any suggestions on which free GL unit I should pick? I already have:
4x Barbariccia
Olive
2x Zargabaath

Edit: Looks like I should pick Kryla ?

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions on which free GL unit I should pick? I already have:
4x Barbariccia
Olive
2x Zargabaath
In my opinion, none of the units that are in the current Unit of choice selection are viable.

The only real choices are the time-limited holiday units (even if you do not currently have any):
Yun, Chow, Ang, D Laswell, D Rain, Grim Lord Sakura, Lilith, the incubus looking halloween unit, WKN, Kryla, and Christine.

The consensus is that if you are debating between a christmas unit and anything else, wait until AFTER XMAS banners are gone before making your choice.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got nothing from the raffle, and my 10+1 ticket had a dupe Light Veritas in it. Feeling pretty blah today.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
If you have any interest in the Christmas units, sit on your Fan Festa freebies (5+1, 10+1, and 3/4/5* EX tickets) until the old units are in the pool. If you luck one out, UoC a dupe. If you don't, UoC a single Kryla for her TM.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, he's back (on our lists)

5900292a-ea85-4fb6-8bmfdtg.png

So, ban wave 1 406 days ago and ban wave 2 202 days ago :P

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Best character to get from the ticket?
I know my advice was posted but to reiterate Rixa and Norn's posts:

Wait for a bit before using it.

I would not use it before Christmas (old) banner is gone. Old banner should have WKNoel / Kryla / Christine. Obviously that banner is not yet here either. So don't use ticket for few weeks. You never know what you pull during christmas banner time.
31st of January.

Unless you're very certain who you want, sit on the tickets until we see the old Christmas 7* units.

I used mine already on Chow but I already have 1 Chow and no A.Rain and he's best boi so it was an easy choice. Careful consideration is called for because we probably won't get another shot like this until Gumi messes something up terribly.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the advise above! Going to wait until I grab Kryla with the ticket then. Don't know what I'd do without this community :D

Hate having a crazy day at work and realising all my Orbs and NRG are full :| (damn this game) just quickly using everything up. I picked Angel Slayer as my first weapon to upgrade this time round and just got Seal of Life and Power Lv. 3 on Floor 8!! :o

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Kryla is completely broken to the point of it being a moral imperitive to get her to 7* I am likely going to use my choice tickets on Chow.

I'm going to be hoping to get that second kryla through pulls though!

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have 1 Christine 1 GLS and 1 Chow if I had a kryla I'd have considered her and been patient to do so, but I intend to pull for Golbaeza (stole this from Norn on discord a good while back XD) 5* so if and when I'm shopping for mage DPS it'll be a matter of contention between the nuChaos Wave chainers like Golbez Sol and nuExdeath.

I can see Kryla being Mage Loren or Mage Auron (or even a bridge between bthe two but in mage flavor) but with more imperil support tbh but it's pure conjecture at this point, but assuming that was in any way true I have 7* Loren and have a 7* ready Lid for my breaker role I do intend to try for her TMR via EX Tix so I'm holding off on using all these free tickets like 10+1 and such

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I just caved in and got my 2nd Ang with the fan festa tickets.
Hoping he's a strong at 7* as he was at 6, I enjoyed using him in OTKO strats. I'm not interested in any of the other seasonal units, and I only have one DracuLasswell and Demon Rain anyway. No Christmas units, no Chow.
I really don't need any more tanks or physical chainers.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have 1 Christine 1 GLS and 1 Chow if I had a kryla I'd have considered her and been patient to do so, but I intend to pull for Golbaeza (stole this from Norn on discord a good while back XD) 5* so if and when I'm shopping for mage DPS it'll be a matter of contention between the nuChaos Wave chainers like Golbez Sol and nuExdeath.

I can see Kryla being Mage Loren or Mage Auron (or even a bridge between bthe two but in mage flavor) but with more imperil support tbh but it's pure conjecture at this point, but assuming that was in any way true I have 7* Loren and have a 7* ready Lid for my breaker role I do intend to try for her TMR via EX Tix so I'm holding off on using all these free tickets like 10+1 and such
See that's just it I am at 1 loren, 1 CG Lid, 1 Kryla and 1 2B. I need something to bridge this Breaker gap.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I *really* want to UoC a Zargabaath for his 7* (I don't have two CG Nichols), but I'll wait until I see what's going on with Christmas units before then. No need to rush it! Cleared all trials, after all.

Maybe I'll try and pull a Kryla with normal tickets. Heaven knows I have enough of them.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I *really* want to UoC a Zargabaath for his 7* (I don't have two CG Nichols), but I'll wait until I see what's going on with Christmas units before then. No need to rush it! Cleared all trials, after all.

Maybe I'll try and pull a Kryla with normal tickets. Heaven knows I have enough of them.
Don't you have normal UoC tickets for Zarg?

Asiratlan

Jan 26, 2018
Don't feel like Katty is gonna be any good... but hey it's pretty much a free 50% Moogle for something better :D

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I do, but I'd rather save them for future stuff like Xenogears banner/Akstar. I don't think Zarg is worth using 10 normal UoC.

Xenogears won't be on the UoC pool, so no reason to hold onto your tickets for those folks. Axter, sure. But you're gonna have to pull a Citan the old fashioned way, and if the last global collab is any indication...it's gonna hurt.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Only limited unit I can pull is Yun, the only unit I have 1 of. Then there's Zaragoza who I really want to 7 star but I don't want to use normal UoC tickets on.

Yun is a big risk when I don't know what his 7 star form will look like, and I'm already planning to save and go all in for Akstar.

Zargabgle would be my first 7 star support unit if I went for him.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Not trying to convince you Zargawishers one way or the other, but his mitigation/buffs are insane in terms of survivability. I don't really use a healer anymore since I 7*-ed him. Definitely worth it in my opinion, especially if you don't have Nichol.
His mitigation also stacks with specific phys/mag mitigation like Pod 153 or Machina's abilities.

Edit - I cleared up some spots, inactive friends and whatnot, so I can add some people if anyone is interested.
I generally share either a Kurasame, a bonus MK unit or a trial unit/setup. ID 475,233,839.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Unless Kryla is completely broken to the point of it being a moral imperitive to get her to 7* I am likely going to use my choice tickets on Chow.
I just caved in and got my 2nd Ang with the fan festa tickets.

Ill most likely try to get second Kryla old fashion way. By using tickets & Lapis :p.
After Christmas banner is gone (or earlier if I get 2nd Kryla) Iam most likely UoCing DraculAss. So I have 7* DracAss to chain with Axter (I can see my self to use 20 UoC to Axter in worst case).

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I had even one Zarg :( I'm sure I'll get lucky sometime, or end up using a UoC ticket.

Used up a lot of NRG, but finally grabbed all rewards in the current Bonus Stage with this team:
7* Sieghard
7* Hyoh
Lotus Mage Fina
MS Nichol
7* Ramza
7* Hyoh friend

Thought I got the Magic ones done easily with two Trance Terras until I realised she was useless against Giga Rat :(

Omegabalmung

Nov 4, 2017
Just pulled Demon Rain from the step up banner so I might use me tickets to get another demon rain and make him my first 7 star character.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh, I just got my first Dracu Lasswell
I decided to spend just 1500 Lapis on Step 1 and nothing else, was lucky enough to get a Rainbow on the second unit.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
jfowmug3ycf6.jpg

Not too shaby for a 100% element and status resist magic tank, I doubt any trial need all those element resist though so I can aim for more HP/SPR

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I have three GLS, should I get a fourth one with the ticket and get her STMR or wait for Christine and make her a 7* or get second D. Rain to get his 7* (Could be my first provoke tank), decisions... decisions...

.n_n.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Pulled a Heavenly Technician Lid the other day and I also got two Citras as my last two rainbows. Is her 7* any good? How about Lid?

I need a SPR tank so I might pull for a Chow with the 7* tickets. I need dupes for Aranea, Lulu, and Duke.

The Katy Perry song is dope.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda sad Nichol didn't get his 7* despite the infos about it getting updated in game. Now it'll make Gumi wait for after Yuraisha.
Those awakening update are dragging far too long, it's our 5th batch already and it seems like we'll have to wait 2 more (12 characters left) for everyone to finally access their 7*.

Last edited:

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda sad Nichol didn't get his 7* despite the infos about it getting updated in game. Now it'll make Gumi wait for after Yuraisha.
Those awakening update are dragging far too long, it's our 5th batch already and it seems like we'll have to wait 2 more (12 characters left) for everyone to finally access their 7*.
Probably not, in both cases.

Yuraisha accompanied the Tomb Raider collab in JP; she doesn't have an obvious place to land in GL with what's likely to be a busy schedule. She could join Blue Katy Perry or perhaps Myra, the missing fifth Fan Festa unit, but there's likely role overlap with the latter. This month is spoken for already - double Christmas banners or FFVII+Christmas. The Mog Minister handling GLEX-UoC means that we won't have overlapping KM events until February so the spacing between FFVII and FF3 (or a GLEX KM) has to be pretty strict. Folka will be in January and there's decent odds KH is the last banner of the month.

A good example banner spread would be something like Christmas, FFVII, (January), wildcard, Folka, FF3, KH. Yuraisha could slot into the wildcard easy enough, yet I'm skeptical it would be a sufficiently attractive banner on its own. Even if she is opening the year, though, you aren't going to have to wait that long for Nichol, because we probably only have one remaining batch, since...

... it's not 12 left, sorta, it's 10 - Sephiroth and Cloud's 7* forms have already been confirmed to come with the FFVII event. There's no real way to spread 10 units across two months, so our last wave should be in January regardless.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I hope, Cloud really took a long time to be 7*, I guess we'll have 2 banners for the FF VII event.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cloud was the character i got my first 4th copy of, and the one who's STMR I've been the most excited for. So of course he's this late

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I hope, Cloud really took a long time to be 7*, I guess we'll have 2 banners for the FF VII event.

I hope both him and Seph come with substantial GL buffs. I would say even with their enhancements, but it's too early for Seph to be breaking the meta before Akstar's release. At least give him a W-Cast ability though. This last batch was pretty sad in terms of buffs. Basch I guess had decent ones but I was hoping for a bit more.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Only unit to get buffs sufficient enough to really matter - as in to cause them to be used by anyone save character loyalists or people with no better option - was Mercenary Ramza. I don't know why anyone would still hold out hope for physical damagers to get some sort of boost when people on the (massively unnecessary) chainer treadmill are paying the bills.

Why set yourself up for disappointment? You'll get usable versions of these units... when the CG ones release in GL sometime in 2020.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I threw 5 tickets at the awakening banner and got my second Yuna; I was totally prepared for that to be my 8th Duke or something. I guess Katy Perry wasn't fated to be my 7* summoner; will probably still level her though.

With nothing but the Katy Perry event and Item world I guess this will be a fairly quiet week.

Edit:
Well I have three GLS, should I get a fourth one with the ticket and get her STMR or wait for Christine and make her a 7* or get second D. Rain to get his 7* (Could be my first provoke tank), decisions... decisions...

.n_n.
At the very least I'd wait to see how Christine turns out. It's also likely that when we get the mixer we'll eventually get prisms for the limited units so you might be able to get seconds that way; as those prisms are likely far off I'd consider that more useful for the GLS stmr than a second Christine/D.Rain as those are likely to be more impactful now than later.
Pulled a Heavenly Technician Lid the other day and I also got two Citras as my last two rainbows. Is her 7* any good? How about Lid?

I need a SPR tank so I might pull for a Chow with the 7* tickets. I need dupes for Aranea, Lulu, and Duke.

The Katy Perry song is dope.
Lid's a pretty good breaker at 6*. 50% aoe breaks for atk/mag and def/spr, 60% single target individual breaks, and her limit break when leveled is an aoe 70% all break. Unlike Loren the break on her LB scales with it's level, also I don't think Lid even at 7* has a lot of utility outside of breaks; but she's great at it.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I threw 5 tickets at the awakening banner and got my second Yuna; I was totally prepared for that to be my 8th Duke or something. I guess Katy Perry wasn't fated to be my 7* summoner; will probably still level her though.

With nothing but the Katy Perry event and Item world I guess this will be a fairly quiet week.

Edit:

At the very least I'd wait to see how Christine turns out. It's also likely that when we get the mixer we'll eventually get prisms for the limited units so you might be able to get seconds that way; as those prisms are likely far off I'd consider that more useful for the GLS stmr than a second Christine/D.Rain as those are likely to be more impactful now than later.

Lid's a pretty good breaker at 6*. 50% aoe breaks for atk/mag and def/spr, 60% single target individual breaks, and her limit break when leveled is an aoe 70% all break. Unlike Loren the break on her LB scales with it's level, also I don't think Lid even at 7* has a lot of utility outside of breaks; but she's great at it.
Mmm... didn't know about the prism, then I will see how Christine turns out.

.n_n.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Only unit to get buffs sufficient enough to really matter - as in to cause them to be used by anyone save character loyalists or people with no better option - was Mercenary Ramza. I don't know why anyone would still hold out hope for physical damagers to get some sort of boost when people on the (massively unnecessary) chainer treadmill are paying the bills.

Why set yourself up for disappointment? You'll get usable versions of these units... when the CG ones release in GL sometime in 2020.

Sephiroth's ability enhancement package actually does catapult him into fully usable territory and make him a viable competitor to the next tier of god chainers, though. Like Merc Ramza, he's one of the very few units who actually gets rescued from the scrap heap rather than just being completely thrown away after powercreep hits him.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Sephiroth's ability enhancement package actually does catapult him into fully usable territory and make him a viable competitor to the next tier of god chainers, though. Like Merc Ramza, he's one of the very few units who actually gets rescued from the scrap heap rather than just being completely thrown away after powercreep hits him.
All of which is exactly why he's not going to be getting much of anything early. We don't even have Beatrix and Eiko's enhancements and cats are out here hoping for even a partial set of enhancements that released five months after that in JP to come out potentially as early as next week?

Just trying to counsel some reasonable expectations here. I'll be here for my serving of crow if it happens but c'mon.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
All of which is exactly why he's not going to be getting much of anything early. We don't even have Beatrix and Eiko's enhancements and cats are out here hoping for even a partial set of enhancements that released five months after that in JP to come out potentially as early as next week?

Just trying to counsel some reasonable expectations here. I'll be here for my serving of crow if it happens but c'mon.

That's a fair point. It would be asinine to expect Seph's "we wanted him to be competitive with Axter" enhancements to come out before Axter.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have no 7* healer yet. What should I do?

A) Pull a lot Monday try to get a second CG Fina
B) Make Yuna into 7* and use her.
C) Pull for Folka a lots.
D) Wait for Aerith.

I use 6* CG Fina right now.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Fina has staying power due to AoE reraise and elemental resists with bosses requiring more elemental resist spreads, Folka is the new hotness due to ailment immunity on turn 1 and future bosses cast ailment resist breaks, which I imagine Folka can shut that shit down. So they both do different things. Folka does lack dispelga however, nuLenna has a STMR with it but nuLenna is really really powerful herself (due to where the game is at during the nuFFV banner).

For now both CG Fina and Folka both have their pros and cons and can respond to boss enemy tactics that will be used in the future

norn

Oct 26, 2017

D) Wait for Aerith.

Pull for Folka. We're not going to have any content that requires a 7* healer for a while yet; definitely not until after Folka anyway. 6* Fina still does the majority of what 7* Fina does.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I want Yuna, but not enough to chase her on a banner with three other units that I already have at 7*. Sorry, Yuna. Another time.

10+1 yielded a 3rd Malphasie. Wasn't expecting that.

FF UoC options for me are GLS or Ang. Honorable mention to Chow.

But... as GLS is now a "finished" unit, there is a solid chance that she'll show up in the mixer (don't believe any unit without 7* + enhancements will end up in the mixer) So, that could be a bad pick. Ang, I'm not really excited about as a finisher. Chow is nice, but too outdated without a 2nd from this year's upcoming CNY banner. That and I'm not terribly hurting for magic tanks thanks to 7* Beryl and Basch. Meh, all around.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

D) Wait for Aerith.

Is it a want or need? Could be a bit better to wait and see unless you hit that wall already, but I'd probably just stick with 6* CG Fina and awaken Yuna. Yuna has barriers, elemental resistance buffs, can do re-raise, LB is a group raise/heal with a powerful Def/Spr buff, and I think the enhancements add MP refill to it as well. Yuna doesn't have a specialty like the others, but she covers the spread entirely now.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody have an opinion on a 7* summoner I should build between my options of Citra and Yuna? Mostly intend to only use them for invoke/finish with an esper missions since I have better damage options for finishers and better option for healers. Citra's kit seems... kind of limited, for a pretty recently released unit, doesn't it? I think Yuna might just be better at a glance. I could cheap out and just stick with the Garnet I've been using all this time, but I'm gonna moogle up the TMRs of both of these units anyways so I figure I might as well put them to use