• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I went with 7* GLS because i dont have a Chaos Wave chainer, and kryla TMR seemed like an extremely minimal upgrade from what I have already.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Free 5* was a second Kurasame, I should get to leveling him up.

On the topic of the FFUOC, in a world where I don't have a 7* magic tank, am I correct in saying that there's literally zero scenarios where I'd want to pick up a second Ang over a second White Knight Noel? I have no idea why I'm still holding on to these tickets, my answer is obvious; now excuse me while I continue to hold on to them until the last possible moment.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Free 5* was a second Kurasame, I should get to leveling him up.

On the topic of the FFUOC, in a world where I don't have a 7* magic tank, am I correct in saying that there's literally zero scenarios where I'd want to pick up a second Ang over a second White Knight Noel? I have no idea why I'm still holding on to these tickets, my answer is obvious; now excuse me while I continue to hold on to them until the last possible moment.
I think Ang will be fun to mess around with and has a cool sprite, but can't imagine he'll bring the same value as an unkillable tank god.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, today was the day.

Step-Up 1: Lid (2)
Step-Up 2: Lid (3), Kain (2), Kydia (2), Mediena (1)
5* EX: Kydia (3) trololololololol

Still, overall, quite happy with the haul. Bonus points achieved for evading Jake, and picking up a Quintessence in the process.

Back to hoarding, I go. (World mission refresh, any day now Gumi.....)
Now, to actually finish this damned bonus stage before the event flip. Will have to try out the Calamity Border buff. Recasting every 2 turns for 80 mana sucks big time, though.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Stuck on the UoC between GLS and Ang.

Although, 90% talked myself into GLS, especially if Global is not getting seasonal prisms in the mixer. I can wait the ~6 months for the 3rd anniversary for the free STMR moogle for her sweet mage STMR.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I still have no idea who I want to use the GLEX UoC on. I can grab a dupe Reberta, Zarg, Kryla, Olive, a third Barb, or a fourth Fryevia for her STMR out of what I already have. I can rule out Barb easily enough, I'm thinking maybe Kryla for a second of her TMR or maybe go for Frye STMR? I have an Awakened Rain so a single Chow isn't really worth it and we won't see his 7* until after the deadline. Doesn't seem like anyone would be worth having only one of especially since I have a CG Nichol. I really need to get a dupe CG Nichol and Fina but I suppose I have time before that's truly needed. I might just go for Aeris(th) if I don't get another Fina by then.

Also the time for internal struggle has come with the Auron and Jecht banner. I had my mind set on getting Auron long ago but I've pulled two CG Lids since then off banner and feel like it'd be inefficient and dumb to pull for him when I have essential a free 7* of her. That said, Auron is one of my favorite FF characters and is a strong attacker on top of being a great breaker which is more flexible for a party then Lid who's only good at one thing. I think I have enough justification to go after him and Jecht is a great consolation prize that would replace VoD in my party. I just kinda wanted to keep piling my resources away, it's fun once you get up there.

I still need to beat Odin, I tried him when he first came out and couldn't do it but it seemed as though WoL was my greatest weak point and I've since obtained a 7* Siegfried so maybe I could beat him now. I also had to use Soleil back then for buffing but have a Nichol now. Didn't you take him out recently, Lyrian? Mind if I ask your strat? My usual party is CG Fina-Siegfried-Squall-VoD-Hyou but I have a 6* Nichol and 7* Lid now. The one thing that holds me back that I know is a common strat is that I never leveled up Diablos so don't have him at 3* to set on my Hyou. I wanted to hoard all the supercites for Odin so am trying to find a way to beat him without blowing them on other espers at the moment. I do have Tontitrus on Hyou at least.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up using my ticket for a 2nd Zargaboza, only other option was Yun. I don't know what his 7 star form will look like and I'm not hurting for another physical DPS. Cid and Akstar will blow him away anyway.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't you take him out recently, Lyrian? Mind if I ask your strat? My usual party is CG Fina-Siegfried-Squall-VoD-Hyou but I have a 6* Nichol and 7* Lid now. The one thing that holds me back that I know is a common strat is that I never leveled up Diablos so don't have him at 3* to set on my Hyou.

7* DPS units made all the difference for me. The trial went from nigh-impossible to relatively simple.

Nichol and Lid and Hyoh? You should be able to walk all over him now. You've got better units than I had when I cleared it.

Sieg tanks, Fina heals, Nichol buffs, Lid breaks (preferably with LB before the big damage, not hard to do with Lid's TMR equipped), Hyoh + friend Hyoh equipped with Tonitrus, Servant of the Blade x2/x3 and Diabolos (normal maneater is 2*, maneater plus is 3*). Use any 7* finisher of your choice to cap the chain. Shouldn't take more than a few turns at the very most. Hyoh melts Odin.

If you have 7* Reberta, she will practically one-shot him capping a chain with her timed jump.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, finally, limped over the finish line on the bonus stage after 14 or 17 or something like that tries. Calamity Border was just marginally enough to be the difference, although there were a lot of wipes when it just barely wasn't enough.

Not having a true dedicated buffing support unit really hurts. Seeing my GF's 7* Zargabargle made me really jealous. But, with 28k spent on the step-up this week, I'll have to hold off for Yuriasha when she comes out at a minimum. Sorry, Nichol... again.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's mixer time!

My wonderful inventory is going to be so free and breezy.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
This is for sure my most anticipated update, no more squirming for inventory space every time I do basically anything in this game.
I also appreciate how upfront they are with their communication this time around.

Limited units awakening prisms confirmed to come in the future.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Inventory Slots! I need those so much; my unit inventory creeped up to 780. It's going to be so nice.

Also, I am enjoying that consolidated news post. The new expedition, I assume that's basically the chocobo expedition that JP originally got.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I read the unit prism response as "for seasonal units, they'll be released for their original batches on the 3rd run of their banners".

Not surprised in the slightest. Unit prisms are going of marginal value on Global and not the backstop people are expecting. 5000 trust coins for a 5* EX ticket is beyond laughable.

Regarding trust expeditions, on the JP server, were they limited to 12 hours per day?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be nice to hit claim all. Also expecting the game to crash pretty hard with this update.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
We have received questions from some players whether the limited time units' prisms will be available. Unfortunately, the prisms will not be available as part of exchange items for the release of Ver 3.4.0.

There are 2 reasons for this. The first reason is that we would like to consider the players who have worked hard to obtain the limited time units. Another reason is that as you can see in the current SOA event or the next Lunar New Year event, the chances of limited time units re-appearing in the game are specifically planned for these events.

For these reasons, we have included a 5 star Guaranteed Ex Summon ticket, since we would like to broaden the opportunity for obtaining units by exchanging Trust Coins.

However, we have plans to update the Trust Coins Item Exchange list in the future. In regards to the limited time units' prisms, we plan to implement them whilst considering what the best timing is.

"working hard"

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Great update, the extra inventory space was much needed. Now I just need a date for the Xenogears event, the delay is killing me.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I read the unit prism response as "for seasonal units, they'll be released for their original batches on the 3rd run of their banners".

Not surprised in the slightest. Unit prisms are going of marginal value on Global and not the backstop people are expecting. 5000 trust coins for a 5* EX ticket is beyond laughable.

Regarding trust expeditions, on the JP server, were they limited to 12 hours per day?
Yeaaaaaah, I'm hoping this means we can get some of them sooner rather than later. The seasonal, sure, maybe, but I want a 2B crystal.
Hey, spending money and slamming your finger on a screen a billion times is hard work!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cait sith coming in 30 mins, good luck everyone and hopefully I'll finally land on an EX (in before Global delay WoL's level 70 because he's too good)

Edit : wrong thread, thanks watched thread feature :p

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I have to say, Yun is looking pretty cool for a 4* base. All those abilities can be dualcast. I like Ang's enhancements as well, he gets loads more ATK and some more killers %.

You know. In the era of 7* units. Why would you use max 6* unit? Either one doesn't have better to that slots or content is easy enough to use base 4* unit. Or for future 4* base missions (which people say are easy anyways).

So in theory, looks good, but in reality why bother to use.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
For fun.
Personally, trials are my favourite thing in the game so I like thinking about and trying out "budget" runs whenever possible.

Trials could be fun. But there are some things why they aint fun. And its all in play mechanisms.

Why in the world developer introduces chaining mechanisms then put skills to units that are near impossible to chain and then prohibits the use of external thingies that help chaining but keeps macro chaining available. Chaining should be done so that everyone can do it. Not like here is the unit who has quick hit frames just to fuck off those players who have these units.

Also, when trying to manually chaining. Ive done countless of times so that skill changes to normal attack / goes to items / unit defends. Idiot design way of using skills.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Extended maintenance for 2 hours, it's been a while but we all know app update = everything break for Gumi lol

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
K, so I'm trapped in my own brain trying to figure out what to use my GLEX UOC on.

On the one hand, I could have a 7* Christine, but I'm not sure if I'd ever get any use out of her.
On the other, I could use it to get Barbie #4 and thus her STMR of doom.
On the other other, Kryla..? I know everyone said to go for her but...

Went for Kryla here, her TM has already come in handy once to get through a trial :) and I know it's going to be really useful in the future.

Why in the world developer introduces chaining mechanisms then put skills to units that are near impossible to chain and then prohibits the use of external thingies that help chaining but keeps macro chaining available. Chaining should be done so that everyone can do it. Not like here is the unit who has quick hit frames just to fuck off those players who have these units.

Also, when trying to manually chaining. Ive done countless of times so that skill changes to normal attack / goes to items / unit defends. Idiot design way of using skills.

Yeah this is annoying. I remember a few weeks ago at work when I was trying to chain to get through a trial using an "Automatic Clicker" on Android, and my work friend kept jokingly teasing me for cheating :(. Tried to explain how I can't get it to consistently work without the app, and how chaining is an actual feature built into the battle mechanics...

Wow, can't wait for these updates, exciting :D. Clearing inventory space is going to be so satisfying too.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Game's back. UI quite busted

edit: hooooly shit, just got a rainbow on a 3* ticket and it was Rena! Only Star Ocean 5* I had, and wanted another one of. Of all my bullshit, out of nowhere rainbow pulls this was the most ridiculous lucky.

Which WOL for raid summons? We're getting the unit tabs, was there another one I'm not aware of?
I thought I heard that there was going to be an increase to the amount of raid pulls you can do at once instead of 10k tickets. Also that there was an option coming to single click to sell all gil snappers. Those 2 things would cut my raid summon time down by like an hour honestly

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
567/780, 632/1500, and my inbox is empty for the first time in a while. So good

When that single click for gil snappers comes, that'll be amazing too.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Don't try to bind you account to google while everything broke. If they keep saying to note your ID and Customer ID, they expect a lot of problems.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
OPTIMIZATION, I'm not lagging anymore when having several elemental chains on 5 people at the same time in Arena now, wow.
The font is weird now though but I'll get used to it.

EDIT : I'm crashing more than before due to memory leakage though.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Can't access colosseum.

505/740

213/1500

Very much looking forward to not having to combine cactuses for 2 hours after raid pulling.

Until I max out enhance storage and have to spend a week combining cactuses...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Unit inventory went from 560 to 369, and it was 95% pots.
I also need to convert those 100% trust 3* and 4* dupes

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
just 16.500 trust mixer point for me.

probably gonna use it for Lenneth prism when it arrives and Dragonlord if i want it, just so that they can both sit in the bench with 7* form.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Are UI graphics a little broken for others too? :/ buttons and the chest that's displayed when you finish an expedition are a mess.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017

Tried that (got another download), slightly better...still seeing a few oddities ;)
Just using up my Raid / Arena Orbs and then I can relax and take a look at the new stuff, and awaken Cloud's abilities!

Edit: Sharing my fully enhanced Cloud :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Arena ticket summon still has items in it, worst update ever /s
Only managed to grab 8400 trust coins but that shouldn't be surprising with the amount of summons I do.
Also not getting SA units with the SOA ticket, if it tried to make us pull, it failed miserably.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
My haul for mixer: 99 units 12500 pts + 68units 7800 pts
= 20300 points.

Slot situation: 422 / 700 unit slots and 113 / 1500 stuff slots.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Yey, new rewards:
Nameless Hero - Bronze, Nameless Hero - Silver, New Nemesis - Bronze, The Radiant Twelve - Bronze, The Radiant Twelve - Silver, Extreme Battler - Bronze, Extreme Battler - Silver, Extreme Battler - Gold, Seeker of Greatness - Bronze, Seeker of Greatness - Silver.

(Nice, another little update after logging out and in again. Think I might keep logging in and out every hour or so, just in case)

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the last of the new trophies "Given from completed missions in ancestral hell weapons" (literally translated), I see I'm at 3/4 for gold but I don't know what they mean since nothing is called that.

EDIT : Ooooh, switched to English and it says "Ancient Hellbringer" lmao, it's Omega.

Nice reward btw

c501602e-f329-48f1-98ahjq7.png

Last edited: